1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dualscreen Booster Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Aldrius, May 11, 2013.

1. Aldrius

Aldrius

Basically the concept of my team is to use Espeon as an anti-lead and to set up screens for my stat-boosters. Lucario, Volcarona and Cloyster.

Guinevere (Espeon) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Hidden Power Fire/Baton Pass
    - Psyshock
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen

Espeon is a good anti-lead. If I think my opponents going to open with a pokemon like Ferrothorn, Forretress, or something like that that will just drop entry hazards I can get my screen up right away to stop them from dealing very much damage. (I typically take less than 50% after reflect is up from Ferrothorn's power whip) I've tried out both Baton Pass and Hidden Power Fire and feel like Hidden Power Fire lets Espeon threaten Ferrothorn and Forretress out. But I haven't run into many Tyrannitars, and I feel like Baton Pass would be key to avoiding getting killed by a Tyrannitar.

Lancelot (Lucario) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Bullet Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Swords Dance

More of a lategame sweeper, Lucario is useful for using priority to finish off weakened threats with Extremespeed. Bullet Punch lets it deal with Gengar and can hit a few other things fairly hard. Crunch might be more useful here, but I'm not sure.

Gawain (Hydreigon) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Mild Nature
    - Superpower
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost

Really love this Hydreigon. Draco Meteor hits most things really hard, and Fire Blast is a more reliable long-term attack that I can fall back on. (As well as hitting steel types without the attack-drop of Superpower) Superpower makes for a nice surprise in a number of ways -- as a powerful physical attack and as a back-up plan after using up my Draco Meteors. (Or vice-versa)

Gallahad (Cloyster) (F) @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Naughty Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash
    - Hydro Pump

One of my powerful boosters. Icicle Spear is an incredibly powerful move, and it works as a pretty strong wall when Reflect and Light Screen are up.

Merlin (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Roost
    - Quiver Dance

My other strong booster. Deals well with physical attackers. (Stalling with Roost until they get burned by Flame Body) Once I get a couple of Quiver Dances up I can burn my way through entire teams. Fire and Bug have really good coverage outside of a few things, and with enough Quiver Dances I can even burn my way through things that resist fire and bug.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Thunder Wave
    - Stealth Rock
    - Wish

Newest addition to the team and I'm really not sure about it. I figured a good Wish user would be handy to heal up Espeon and some of my other boosters, but it hasn't really worked out very well. The team moves a little too fast and is a bit too fragile to make good use of Wish. Entry hazards would be handy, but I dunno if this is the right Pokemon for the job.

Looking for suggestions and any feedback would be appreciated.
  2. monster

monster

I'm not sure what purpose Jirachi serves on the team, but I suppose someone has to fill the role of SR setter upper. Although, Espeon can do that with Magic Bounce. You seem to put a lot of stake in the screen set up working, which is a problem, in my opinion. You have a bulk deficit, and I think that might be a problem. I would put some kind of bulky attacker in there, like Dragonite, but I don't quite know who to replace (Hydreigon?)

If you do keep Jirachi, name him Percival. I love the Arthurian theme going on here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)