Duck Hunt - Tracking Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

So where did our duckies go and how did they do?

Placing
Seattle
Round 02: Firestorm lost to HagridTwin
Round 04: Huy lost to Counting
Round 04: Articuno64 lost to Golem
Round 04: skarm lost to Halordain
Round 07: Bianca222 lost to zerowing
Round 09: Fish lost to zerowing
Winner: zerowing

Qualified for Nationals:
Bianca222
Fish
zerowing

San Fransisco
Round 06: Huy lost to Halordain
Round 06: Rory lost to FMasamune
Round 06: TAY lost to TheLoliverse
Winner: Bianca222

Qualified for Nationals:
Huy
Rory
TAY
Bianca222

Phoenix
Round 03: Fi-WHAT ARE YOU DOING FISH
Round 04: OmegaDonut lost to ???

Dallas
Round 02: TeeJay lost to
Round 03: Biffster lost to
Round 03: Kevin lost to
Round 04: Roy lost to ryuzaki VGC
Round 06: OmegaDonut lost to
Round 09: kongler lost to Dances with Ninjas

Atlanta
Round 03: mingot lost to
Round 04: Mally lost to Blades

Newark

Indianapolis (LCQ)

Teams
Seattle
zerowing
|

Fish
|

Bianca222
|

skarm
|

Articuno64
|

Huy
|

Firestorm
|

San Francisco
Bianca222
|

Huy
|

Rory
|

TAY
|

Phoenix
Fish
|

Nice work Ducks. At this rate, I think that we're going to take the top spot at every single regional and a quarter of the nationals invites.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This topic is now open. Don't think we need to keep it locked between rounds or anything. Feel free to comment :)

Fish's Blissey looked interesting enough to me. (Except for rock slide) What was wrong with it exactly? (I'm not good at sarcasm if there is any)

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If nobody minds explaining, what's with all the Barack Obama and winter love, even on teams with other weather-inducers(get it?)?

And zerowing dominates. He doesn't even need wings to soar. Just throwing that out.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Two main reasons. One is weather control -- canceling the weather your foe wants gives you an advantage. The other is blizzard spam -- tons of stuff in this metagame is either weak or neutral to blizzard.

Seems like running something as simple as FocusSashAlakazam and FocusSashGengar would be enough to topple a lot of these teams but, I don't know doubles very well... Anyways, nice job guys.

articuno's team is really really cool.

gratz at the qualified for nationals.

(and yeah, i don't see the point of using rock slide on blissey instead of softboiled o fire blast, i'm new in the vgc scenary [may be to flinch slow opponents with serene grace to let abomasnow attack?)

articuno's team is really really cool.

gratz at the qualified for nationals.

(and yeah, i don't see the point of using rock slide on blissey instead of softboiled o fire blast, i'm new in the vgc scenary [may be to flinch slow opponents with serene grace to let abomasnow attack?)
Rock Slide Serene Grace Blissey will allow for 60% flinch on both opponents, mainly effective under the use of TR, and with Dunsparce :p And based on the pokemon he is using, its very viable that he was TR based.

Firestorm

Fish's Blissey looked interesting enough to me. (Except for rock slide) What was wrong with it exactly? (I'm not good at sarcasm if there is any)
It's actually not as bad as I make it seem, although rock slide is a bit required for what it's doing. Look closely at the picture. Blissey has Serene Grace which means Rock Slide (when it hits) is a 60% chance of flinch on each opponent and after paralysis the chances of the opponent moving are really low and your partner can clean them up.

Unfortunately he had quite a bit go wrong during his match and he wasn't able to pull the win at the tournament! It is a hilarious team and exactly the type of stuff I love to see.

It's actually not as bad as I make it seem, although rock slide is a bit required for what it's doing. Look closely at the picture. Blissey has Serene Grace which means Rock Slide (when it hits) is a 60% chance of flinch on each opponent and after paralysis the chances of the opponent moving are really low and your partner can clean them up.

Unfortunately he had quite a bit go wrong during his match and he wasn't able to pull the win at the tournament! It is a hilarious team and exactly the type of stuff I love to see.
Oh, actually that is pretty cool! I was just thinking that Blissey is so slow, that rock slide wouldn't be able to flinch anyone because they already moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)