1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dugtio's Might [GENIV]

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by SSJDennis, Jan 21, 2013.

1. SSJDennis

SSJDennis

Since I got unemployeed, I figured I use some time to get back into Pokémon battling, lol. I didn't like B/W back in the day, to much pokemon, so I couldn't learn all opponents out of my head... So, generation IV it will be. Playing with Platinum.

My team is based upon my favourite Pokémon, I figured that willl be a good base. Dugtrio will be the main star. The others will be walling and annoying, making them ready for Dugtrio to get the kill.

I used a Sandstorm layout, just for some extra damage. Probably needs alot of work, but that is where you guys/girls come into play :) Thanks in advance for tips.

TEAM V1 (open)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
    *Earthquake
    *Slack Off
    *Stealth Rock
    *Thunder Fang / Superpower
    Entry Hazard (open)
    Since this is supposed to be a sandstom team, I figured I might as wel start with a sandstom lead. Hippowdon hits the field and the standstorm will start. After that he will either drop his Stealth Rocks, or do massive damage with a STABed Earthquake. If I predict a water pokemon to switch in, I will use his Thunder Fang. Starmie doesn't like that. Superpower could be a replacement when I meet alot of Tyranitars as starters. Maybe even Ice Fang to counter nasty Gliscor, which will have an easy time otherwise.

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 244 HP / 40 SpD / 224 Spe
    *Lava Plume
    *Protect
    *Substitute
    *Torment
    Annoyance (open)
    This set is annoying. It looks terrible, but it actually works out quite nicely. I switch him in when my opponent fears fire. He will expect a Choice Scarf or Choice Specs set, but he is so wrong. I will use a Substitute for the switch in. Now my magic will start to work. Torment will make him unable to break my subsitute frequently. Protect to catch his most powerful move, or Torment again if he switches out. Lava Plume has the highest chance to inflict burn, so thats great. Has alot of PP to. Great set, unless you fight against it XD

[​IMG]
    Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 218 Spe
    *Earthquake
    *Roost
    *Taunt
    *Toxic
    Ph.Wall (open)
    Gliscor comes out versus electric pokemon, that will be unable to hurt him. Also fighters won't like to match up against him. Taunt is here to annoy the likes of Blissey and Skarmory. Toxic will cripple Blissey and Bulky waters that show up to deal with Gliscor. Roost will keep me alive, while Earthquake can do some massive damage. I really wanted U-Turn is here somewhere, but I guess I can do without it. Toxic could go, if I find a way to get a Toxic Spiker on my team. Maybe some suggustions?

[​IMG]
    Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpD / 252 Def
    *Brave Bird
    *Roar
    *Roost
    *Spikes
    Spiked Wall (open)
    I wanted a wall in my team. And I ended up with my "friend" Skarmory. I never really liked this pokemon, but he does great in what he does. Beeing a wall. Skarmory will be my main ph. wall, but he can also lay down Spikes. I probably want at least one layer, but two will be nicer, three will probably a bit to much. Roar to rack up the spike damage, while I can hurt fighters and Taunt users with Brave Bird. Roost keeps me healthy, as do Leftovers. I think this set is "perfect", even though it can't attack well on itself.

[​IMG]
    Quagsire @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
    *Earthquake
    *Encore
    *Recover
    *Ice Punch / Waterfall
    Water Absorb (open)

I have a big water/ice weakness. I know that, but how to fix it? Use something with Water Absorb I thought. Not many options, either Vaporeon, or Quagsire. Quagsire is also an earth pokemon, so he doesn't fear the raging sandstorm. He can use his Earthquake quite well, but his main move is probably Encore. Which makes something that uses Swordsdance useless. Recover keeps me high in HP, while I can do nice STAB damage with a Waterfall. It isn't as great as Ice Punch, but it does get STAB. Maybe I should put Toxic in there somewhere?

[​IMG]
    Dugtrio @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    *Earthquake
    *Reversal
    *Stone Edge
    *Sucker Punch / Shadow Claw
    Killer Queen (open)

Here it is, my favourite pokemon since Red on my GBC. I found it in Vermilion Cave for the first time and it almost killed my whole active party! Offcourse I was weak(er) then him and his Dig/Slash made me look like a fool. Also his high level was to much to take care off. Manage to capture it and has been on my team through generations. Arena Trap makes him even better. Lock in a weakend pokemon and make sure then don't come back again. Choice Band gives extra power. Earthquake for the big STAB. Reversal if I get low on HP, which is alot more often then you might think. Dugtrio is frail, so getting low on HP shouldn't be to hard. Stone Edge is always nice to have. While I can't make up my mind for the last slot. Any thoughts?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)