[Dumb Idea] Crossover with Tulunk Village

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I'm not going to link to Tulunk Village because they pass around translation patches and might be tangentially related to piracy)

Tulunk Village is the online community for the short-lived Keitai Denjuu Telefang series, a very close Pokemon ripoff. The original game was released as the famous bootleg Pokemon Diamond/Jade for the GBC. A sequel was released for the GBA.

If you wanted to make a similar but different metagame that is sort of like CAP but not CAP and would require some rearranging of the Showdown code to make it more flexible for Pokemon-ish systems(we have bored programmers, right?), we should simulate Telefang 1 and 2 and make a competitive metagame out of them.

I suggest the staff over there be involved in understanding the game mechanics and I strongly suggest using the improved English translation patch's names for move names.

This is an extremely strange and interesting suggestion, but I don't think any of us are particularly keen on collaborating with a community most of us are oblivious to. This sounds like it has some interesting novelty still, so I guess if you'd like you can pull together a rule set and what mechanic changes would happen and make a post in OM Submissions. Joim's the type insane enough to implement something like this.

This is an extremely strange and interesting suggestion, but I don't think any of us are particularly keen on collaborating with a community most of us are oblivious to. This sounds like it has some interesting novelty still, so I guess if you'd like you can pull together a rule set and what mechanic changes would happen and make a post in OM Submissions. Joim's the type insane enough to implement something like this.
I was going to post this in Other Metagames but Meta means "subset of" a current game, this is outside of the current engine so it wouldn't be appropriate there.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If it's anything that's not an Official Smogon meta, it should go there. It doesn't have enough interest to garner its own forum (for now, at least), so posting it there is the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)