Dune Dudes ~ Sandstorm Stall

"...As I watch down at the OU tier from my sand castle, the mirage of victory becomes reality."​

Dune Dudes
~ Hey guys, this is a renidition of my old Sand Stall. Hope you enjoy! ~

Sean (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

The Revenge killer. Useful for things like Tornadus, Volcarona, and Dragonite. Stone Edge + Crunch STAB combination is very reliable for the most of the things my bulkier attackers can't handle, while Pursuit takes out fleeing Psychic- and Ghost- types, the latter being more important, so I can Rapid Spin. Superpower is somewhat of a filler move, and I might replace it with Earthquake, and Stone Edge with Rock Slide; it's more reliable, and I usually don't need the extra power. Jolly outspeeds +1 Dragonite and non-Jolly Dugtrio; Ev's are fairly standard.​

PSFox (Latias) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Bulky Sweeper Latias is completely underrated in OU format due to the large amount of Scizor and Tyranitar; this is actually a boon to Latias, as most teams I encounter do not have a check against it once it has +1. Dragon Pulse + Hidden Power [Fire] have almost unresisted coverage (*Shakes fist at Heatran*). I used to use Roar, but with the recent addition of Genesect, I feel I needed a move to combat non-scarf'd ones. As for Roost; I use Roost instead of Recover because of two reasons - for one, Imprison. Imprison makes it so that you cannot use a move if the user has the same move; if they have Recover, then I cannot use it, while no users of Imprison have Roost. Although literally no competitive team uses Imprison, it's a "just in case" scenario. The second reason is for psychological value; against newer players, they might think Roost lowers me to the ground, and makes Latias suscetable to Earthquake; this is not the case, as it negates Flying-type, not Levitate. Ev's are standard.​

o///o (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch​

Physical wall #1. Forretress is my go-to when Dragon-types decide to start spamming Outrage. Gyro Ball instead of Spikes because... What's the point of being able to wall the most prominent physical Pokemon in the game without being able to damage them whatsoever? Toxic Spikes allows the team to go into Full Stall, while Rapid Spin gets rid of residual damage.​

Ziptie (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Stealth Rock​

The lone special wall. Jirachi allows me to be a little reckless when it comes to health with Wish, while supplying SR support. Iron Head is standard, while Fire Punch is specifically for Scizor, and more importantly, Genesect. Jirachi can survive one +1 Bug Buzz while OHKO'ing in return, as well as most people plainly don't expect it. In a pinch, it has a 20% burn rate. Jirachi is vital due to its ability to check a plethora of Pokemon; these include the Lati twins, Starmie, Rotom-W, Celebi, and Reuniclus.​

Einsteiger (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 44 Def / 252 HP / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect
- Ice Fang​

Gliscor, physical wall #2, and is hardcore when it comes to walling. It can set up on almost every physical sweeper in the game, and proceed to Toxic/Sandstorm stall along with residual Ice Fang / Earthquake damage. With Protect, I can string along an endless amount of Substitutes to stall or PP stall things like Rotom-W's Hydro Pump or Shaymin's Leaf Storm. I use Ice Fang instead of Toxic due to not being able to hit things like Skarmory or Bronzong; while not doing much damage, it does have a chance to Flinch or Freeze.​

QuantumPhysics (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​

[Working on description]​

Thanks for your time ~ !
ShadowXEVO​

Hi!

You look a little bit weak to rain teams. Your only resist is latias, who doesn't enjoy taking a tornadus hurricane to the face. Keldeo can also hit latias with hidden power ghost, leaving your team open to a sweep. Many rain pokemon can gradually whittle your team down until they are ready to sweep it. I would suggest helping this weakness with a simple switch from quagsire to gastrodon. Gastrodon has better special defense and hp as well as one crucial advantage: storm drain. This will help him absorb the many attacks of rain teams. It can also toxic stall part of sun and sandstorm teams. It can run the exact same moveset as quagsire. The two problems I foresee are greater weakness to set up sweepers and lower physical defense in general.

Gastrodon @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def | Bold | Storm Drain
~Scald
~Toxic
~Stockpile
~Recover

If you have trouble with set up sweepers, you could probably sacrifice a moveslot on latias for roar. I would also suggest changing forretress's item to red card. I have tested this item before and I find it to be a very useful one-time phasing tool.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the team!

Hi there!

Nice team you have here, utilizing a more defensive team stacking hazards to wear down the opponent. One thing I do see that causes trouble for your team, is the common Rain Teams of B/W2. Mons such as Keldeo and Thundurus-T seem to plow through your team once Latias is gone, as it does seem to be your only real switch in. This team also looks like it has some trouble with Mamoswine, an increasingly common Pokemon in the current metagame finds itself on a lot of teams. It can hit everything on your team hard, except Forretress to an extent, who cannot do anything to it in return. Mamoswine also hits Gliscor, Tyranitar, Jirachi and Latias hard with it's dual STAB, while Quagsire may have some trouble switching in safely and finding opportunities to Recover and potentially outstall Mamoswine. To help with these weaknesses, I recommend you try out a Specially Defensive Rotom-W over your current Quagsire. Specially Defensive Rotom-W does seem like a good addition to your team. While it may not provide the useful Toxic Status Quagsire carries, it gives you Will-O-Wisp, being able to cripple many physical attackers such as Scizor, Terrakion, Landorus and Mamoswine, all of which are checked very well by Rotom even with no Defense investment. Crippling these mons gives you a much easier time setting up hazards with Forretress, or finding opportunities to switch in and spin away opposing hazards, that rack up on your weather inducer, Tyranitar. Rotom-W also gives you a much better check against the common special attackers on Rain teams, arguably the biggest problem for your team to face. You can take a hit or two from mons such as Keldeo and Tornadus, while disposing of them with Volt Switch, while also gaining momentum. Losing Quagsire is not really that much of a drawback imo, while you do beat stat boosters such as Cloyster, Scizor, Landorus, etc. Rotom can cripple them, making them useless for the rest of the match, making them much easier to deal with for other team mates who do not support the same bulk Rotom does. Quagsire is also Taunt bait, while being walled by Ferrothorn, one of the most common walls in the current metagame.

Should Mamoswine choose to Superpower on your Rotom-W switch, you will be racking up damage on Rotom quick, as Rotom lacks the reliable recovery needed by other walls. Given that Mamoswine outspeeds Defensive Rotom, it can still deal two hits off before Rotom can attack it, while Rotom is not safe on the following turn. To help with this, I recommend you change your Forretress set a little. To me, it doesn't really seem like you have that much trouble with Dragons to warrant your current Forretress set. Gliscor checks them, while Tyranitar outspeeds and traps Lati@s, while revenging Salamence, Dragonite and low health Haxorus. Jirachi can also tank an Outrage if need be, while Latias ties as the fastest Dragon in OU with Latios, so you can revenge things such as LO Hydreigon, MixMence, CB Dragonite and CB Haxorus. Rotom-W / Quagsire can also check to an extent, and use the appropriate status to hinder the sweeping capabilities of said Dragons. As a result, I think you should modify your Forretress set a little. A spread of 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef seems sufficient, as you optimize both of Forretress mixed defensive stats, while not having to worry about Dragons. Additionally, you can try Gyro Ball > Hidden Power [Ice] to help deal with Mamoswine who does look more problematic than the aforementioned Dragons, while Gyro Ball still does a significant amount to faster Dragons if you use 0 Speed IVs on Forretress.

Good luck!

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hey there nice sand team you have got going there!

This team looks quite weak to Conkeldurrs that carry Ice Punch espiecially the guts varaints which is quite common nowadays as It can Hit Latias and Gliscor super effectivly with Ice Punch and it can Ko Tyranitar with either Drain Punch or Mach Punch also your Pokemon cant really do much to it in return as it can just set up then Drin Punch its health back. To help with this problem i suggest Acrobat Gliscor>Current Gliscor Acrobat Gliscor gives you a good Check to pokemon such as Conkeldurr but also helps you against Breloom who can also prove to be a little bit troublesome. This set also gives you a good late game cleaner and you dont really lose much defensive wise in terms of taking hits with Forretress around. Gliscor can also outspeed Swords Dance Lucario and ohko with Earthqauke which is also nice.

Nice team though good luck and i hope i helped!

Sets

Gliscor @ Flying Gem | Sand Veil
Adamant | 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance| Acrobatics | Substitute| Earthqauke

~Superpowerdude

Hm. Can't believe I didn't notice that weakness to Conk ^^;
I'm not entirely sure I want to give up Toxic Orb / Poison Heal, but I do agree on using Acrobatics.

BUMP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)