Dungeons and Dragons: Gen. Empoleon vs ReyScarFace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Though I do feel bad that we are so early into the Scylant testing (heh today was the first day) but I haven't been battling too much in the past, besides just destroying everyone but Mag in Ubers. I started to play some standard CAP today because I was very interested in what the CAPs by themselves would cause the metagame to do. Scylant has been nerfed in the past because it was simply "too good" and after a few matches I could see why the community would think that. The Tail Glow sweeper set is quite dangerous and if you do not handle it correctly it could leave you at a 6-0 loss. Well this match was against ReyScarFace and it really had me on the edge of my chair until the very very end. Oh as I have just seen Watchmen I wrote this how Rorschach would have in his journal. Just by the by.

ReyScarFace's Team:

So as you can see Rey seems to play a very offensive team. It is either set around Lucario, Salamence or Scylant setting up for a sweep. With Lucario taking care of special walls, and Scylant taking out most physical walls, and with Salamence just being a fucking pain, it is hard to cover all of your bases when up against him. I decided to enter the battle with more of a balanced team, trying to be able to force switches with Tyrantiar and cause chaos with Pursuit. All waiting until Luacrio can finally get a Swords Dance in and sweep.
• Evasion Clause
• Species Clause
• Strict Damage Clause
My comments, you guessed it! Are purple
The score will be in red
The battle will be bolded
The damage (in percents) will be underlined
Leftovers will be ommited
Gen. Empoleon: Jirachi, Rotom-w and Gyarados
Sand Stream damage will be ommited

ReyScarface sent out Starmie.
Gen. Empoleon sent out Jirachi.

Start out just looking at the screen.
I question the lead which I rarely see.
CAP is known for the Starmie lead, but the exact item of the monster seems to have escaped the trenches of my mind.
I think Trick is the safest move I can do at the moment.
I move my cusor over to the move, I click.
I pray.

ReyScarface switched in Swampert.
Jirachi used Trick.
Jirachi obtained Leftovers!
Swampert obtained Choice Scarf!

: 100%
: 100% --->

Rey decided that keeping Starmie in is a poor choice. Swampert comes in and has my Choice Scarf now. I think he is going to do Earthquake. He would be locked into the move. Latias can come in more easily then. I keep Jirachi in, hitting Swampert with Psychic for a nice portion of his health.

---
Jirachi used Psychic.
Swampert lost 34% of its health.
Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

: 66%

Swampert lays rocks down. I am amused. He has to switch now. Starmie is obvious answer, resistant to Psychic-type attacks, can hit Jirachi hard with Water-type attacks. I use Thunderbolt, safe choice, Swampert will not stay in.

---
ReyScarface switched in Starmie.
Jirachi used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 86% of its health.

: 66% --->
: 14%

Goes according to my plan. Starmie is clumsily drifting in and out. Starmie has no more use to Rey. Probably decides sacrificing it would be a good plan. Use Thunderbolt again, still a safe move.

---
Starmie used Hydro Pump.
Jirachi lost 61% of its health.
Starmie lost 10% of its health.
Jirachi used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 4% of its health.
ReyScarface's Starmie fainted.

: 45%
: KOed
6-5 Gen. Emp

Life Orb I say to the ears of my empty room.
Jirachi has taken extensive damage thanks to that hit. Really of no use to me now anymore. I decide best choice is to most likely sacrifice Jirachi for another pokemon.

---
ReyScarface switched in Syclant.

Gen. Empoleon: Who is the better player now?
Gen. Empoleon: ;x
As of right now I am playing better than Rey. Scylant can cause issues though. It should be carrying a Ground-type move. Strong enough to take Jirachi out too. Psychic is the move of choice. Rey may use Tail Glow.

Syclant used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 45% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Jirachi fainted.
Syclant lost 10% of its health.

: 90%
5-5 Tie

Jirachi faints.
The crowd cheers.
The pokeball opens.
Jirachi is inside.

Scylant is a problem for my team. Latias will be OHKOed. Everything else sustains heavy damage. Tyranitar can boost his Special Defence and quickly knock out Scylant. Tyranitar also provides damage through sand.

---
ReyScarface: me
Gen. Empoleon switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.

ReyScarface: i have SR :B
Gen. Empoleon: Haha
Gen. Empoleon: Fuck SR
Gen. Empoleon: never have needed it
Never needed Stealth Rocks, may want someday. Scylant cannot harm Tyranitar. Tyranitar can hurt Scylant. Not a chance it will stay in.
Pursuit that coward Tyranitar I think to myself.
Pursuit, one of the best moves this generation. Heavily damages fleeing opponents, how often people switch out too.

Tyranitar used Pursuit.
Syclant lost 90% of its health.
ReyScarface's Syclant fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

: 88%
5-4 Gen. Emp

Seems Rey thought I would use Stone Edge. Hit Scylant with powered up Pursuit. Enters the pokeball unconcious. Stays there for rest of match. Tyranitar is locked into Pursuit. Easily set up on now.

---
ReyScarface switched in Lucario.

Lucario. Knight in shining armor. Here to defeat my dragon. Cannot lose Tyranitar just yet.
No.
Gyarados can switch in. hm. Stealth Rocks on field, take heavy damage once switched. I can Rest off damage.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Lucario's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Lucario used Swords Dance.
Lucario's attack was sharply raised.
The sandstorm rages.

: 88% --->
: 75%
: 100% + 1 Atk

Gyarados intimidates Lucario. Lucario cannot do much to harm bulky Gyarados. Can safely Dragon Dance. Boost average Speed stat. Maybe can sweep.

---
ReyScarface switched in Rotom-h.
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
The sandstorm rages.

: 75% + 1 Atk/Spe

: 100% + 1 Atk --->
: 94%

Rotom-oven comes in. No leftover recovery, must be carrying a Choice item. Tyranitar can come in and faint it with Dark-type move. Do not want to lose Gyarados just yet. May need him later for powerful hitter. Tyranitar is ebst pokemon for the job. Switch him in.

---
ReyScarface: fuck gg
Rey seems disgruntled.

Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Tyranitar lost 23% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 75% + 1 Atk/Spe --->
: 53%
: 88%

Tyranitar loses nice portion of health. Can take one or two more. Crunch or Pursuit? Pursuit catches fleeing victim, Crunch can hit incoming pokemon, or Rotom. Rotom causes issues for Gyarados. Needs to be removed. Pursuit will faint sweeper Rotom even if it stays in.

---
ReyScarface: i hate you
Gen. Empoleon: See
Gen. Empoleon: needs no rocks
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Tyranitar lost 24% of its health.
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Rotom-h lost 88% of its health.
ReyScarface's Rotom-h fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

: 29%
5-3 Gen. Emp

Rotom is gone. Silence. Dark. Complete. Can only wonder what Rey will switch in. Swampert, excellent Tyranitar counter. Not so effective with Choice Scarf. Unseen pokemon is what is probably next.

---
ReyScarface switched in Salamence.
Salamence's intimidate cut Tyranitar's attack!

Stupid. Walked into that. Salamence gives team hell. No true counter to it. Weaken with Pursuit, hope it carries Life Orb. Whittle down health bar. Finish off with Lucario.

Salamence used Dragon Dance.
Salamence's attack was raised.
Salamence's speed was raised.
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
Salamence lost 30% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 29%
: 64% + 1 Atk/Spe

Dragon Dance. Pursuit dealt good portion of damage. Salamence can sweep team easily. Maybe will use Earthquake, finish off Tyranitar. Switch to Rotom, avoid Earthquake, hit back with dibilitating status.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Rotom-w.
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-w.
Rotom-w lost 12% of its health.

The sandstorm rages.

: 29% --->
: 87%
: 58% + 2 Atk/Spe

Wrong. Again. Sand is hurting Salamence. No Leftovers either. Rotom is first sacrifice. Need to lower health some more.

---
Salamence used Dragon Claw.
Rotom-w lost 87% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Rotom-w fainted.
Salamence lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 42% + 2 Atk/Spe
4-3 Gen. Emp

Tyranitar is also useless. Too little health, Stealth Rock on field. Switch Tyranitar in. Watch Tyranitar collapse.

---
Tyranitar lost 16% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

: 26% + 2 Atk/Spe
3-3 Tie

Low enough health for Lucario to finish off. Switch him in.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Lucario.
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
ReyScarface switched in Swampert.
Lucario used Extremespeed.
Swampert lost 25% of its health.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 87%
: 41%

In comes Swampert. Expect Earthquake. Latias will enjoy free switch in. Fire off Draco Meteors. Hit targets hard with Surf.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Latias.
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
Swampert used Roar.
Gen. Empoleon switched in Lucario.
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 88% --->
: 84%
: 41%

Swampert shockingly uses Roar. Lucario back in. No sense waiting. Use Close Combat. Should finish Swampert. If not get Roared away to Gyarados or Latias. Either is a fine option.

---
Lucario used Close Combat.
Swampert lost 41% of its health.
ReyScarface's Swampert fainted.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
The sandstorm rages.

: 74% - 1 Def/SpDef
3-2 Gen. Emp

Swampert is black and blue. Lucario carries weakened defences. Rey can switch in Lucario for speed tie. Best option.
Only option.

---
ReyScarface switched in Lucario.
It's super effective!
Lucario lost 74% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Lucario fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

: 90% - 1 Def/SpDef
2-2 Tie

My Lucario loses the match. Later find out Rey runs Jolly. Never stood a chance. Afraid that Latias will not be able to kill Lucario with Draco Meteor or Surf. Lucario kills with Crunch. Decide Gyarados can win game for me. Dragon Dance. Take out Lucario. Take out weakened Salamence.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Lucario's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.

Stealth Rock. Gyarados now at fifty percent of health. Can easily survive any move Lucario uses. Decide to Dragon Dance. Secure my chances of winning.

It's not very effective...
Gyarados lost 21% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 29% + 1 Atk/Spe
: 80% - 1 Atk - 2 Def/SpDef

Brush off the attack. Lucario is scared. Gyarados is a monster. Now with better Speed and Attack, Salamence should not be an issue. Take out Lucario, finish Salamence.
Game Over.

---
Lucario used Extremespeed.
Gyarados lost 16% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Lucario lost 70% of its health.
ReyScarface's Lucario fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

: 13% + 1 Atk/Spe
2-1 Gen. Emp

---
ReyScarface switched in Salamence.
Salamence's intimidate cut Gyarados's attack!

Forgot about Intimidate. Salamence at twenty-six percent. Gyarados should handle with Waterfall. No way he can survive now.

Salamence used Roost.

No.

No. No. No.
Salamence still faster? Cannot be. Gyarados at plus one Speed. Gyarados should have won. Perhaps Jolly Salamence? Ran Jolly Lucario, only makes sense he is afraid of Speed ties.

Salamence restored 50% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Salamence lost 22% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 13% + 1 Spe
: 40%

Cannot switch to Latias. Cannot stay in. Salamence can Dragon Dance. Outspeed Latias, knock out Gyarados. Maybe slip up. Attack Gyarados now, leave open for Latias. Only hope.

Only chance.

---
ReyScarface: or i can do that
ReyScarface: ;)
The sandstorm rages.

: 13% + 2 Spe + 1 Spe
: 34% + 1 Atk/Spe

I dance. He dances. I still will not outspeed. Should have attacked. Retrospect. Cannot save self. Use Waterfall, pray for critical hit.

---
Salamence used Roost.
Salamence restored 50% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Salamence lost 33% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

: 13% + 2 Atk/Spe
: 73% + 1 Atk/Spe

Salamence roosts. Heals off all damage. chances drop to zero.

Roll on snare drum.
---
ReyScarface: im still faster cool
ReyScarface: gg
Gen. Empoleon: fuck man
Gen. Empoleon: gg
ReyScarface: excellent game
Gen. Empoleon: I agree
Gyarados lost 13% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Gyarados fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

: 53% + 1 Atk/Spe
1-1 Tie

Crash of symbol.

---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Latias.
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.

It's super effective!
Latias lost 75% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Latias fainted.
ReyScarface wins!

Curtains.

Gen. Empoleon: great game
ReyScarface: yes sir
Well played Rey. Deserve the win.

Props:
Salamence for making a great come back
Tyranitar took out a few key pokemon
Jirachi who gave me an early game lead
Slops:
Latias did jack this game

Few things to say here:

Is there some reason you decided not to use complete sentences? Are you rushing to get to the next war story? This probably could have added some length to your incredibly thin comments.

Also, as this is a CAP server, not only did you not have a CAP pokemon on your team, Rey's syclant hardly had any effect on the battle, getting OHKOed in 1 turn.

He is obviously referencing Rorschach of Watchmen. He even uses a few lesser known quotes and lines: in the last three 'comments' before Props and Slops, for example. Great War Story, I was pulled in by the aforementioned style, very well done.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh yes, I decided to write in a different prose this time. Give it more of an effect or whatever you would like to call it. I was actually quite pleased with the ending result. I also knew that Scylant didn't get to do much, and was not going to write this because of it. I then thought about it and decided even though Scylant was taken out it was still an overall rather good match.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really liked the Rorschach style of the commentary. It was a nice change of pace from other warstories, and yet you still conveyed all your key strategic thoughts. It was a cool creative choice, GE. For those that don't get the reference to Watchmen -- well, they'll likely be put off a bit. But, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I wish it would have involved Syclant a bit more, but your commentary covered some of your thoughts on Syclant, which may help other players who are new to using Syclant.

It was a nice close battle, which are always fun to read. I know lots of battles can hinge on matchups, and obviously Mence with DD & Roost was a big problem for you. I think Rey had the better matchup, which enabled him to come back from some bad early-game stumbles. Both of you made some nice moves, though.

You kept commenting on the lack of need for SR -- but the rocks played a significant role in that loss for you. In fact, the whole match felt like "Rocks + Salamence = Win for Rey". I could be wrong.

Thanks for posting this. I like seeing warstories in CAP -- particularly warstories that are well-formatted and thoughtfully written. You obviously spent some time putting this together, and it shows. Nice job, Gen.

I really like this warstory since, even though I didn't get the reference to The Watchmen as I have never read/seen it, the style made me feel right in your head as you were frantically thinking of what to do in a fast paced game. It was very natural to read, good job and great battle.

Swords Dance gives Lucario +2 Atk, not +1. The story was well written, I liked the commentary as I had just finished Watchmen a few weeks ago.

Matthew

You are forgetting that Gyarados intimidates Lucario. Making it only +1.

Thanks for the feed back you guys.

I loved this warstory. Unlike everyone says, I loved the commentary. Good battle too. Gen. Empoleon cranks out another good one.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Ha, good game Gen. As a Watchmen fan, i have to say this style of commentary really amused me and it was great.

Another job well done, my friend.

I have not seen watchmen but the commenting style was not annoying to me, as a matter of fact, it felt quite natural Good, exciting read.
You're good at this Gen.

He is obviously referencing Rorschach of Watchmen. He even uses a few lesser known quotes and lines: in the last three 'comments' before Props and Slops, for example. Great War Story, I was pulled in by the aforementioned style, very well done.
Ia gree very interesting, Grats :D

Great story, entertained me the whole time.

Since it seems you HAVE to reply on the comment style I can safely say it feels very natural, like you just jotted down what you where thinking, in stead of the usual annoying analysing and jabbering.

Great battle, both of you. Two different battlestyles clashing, and faith decided. Good job!

I've not read or seen Watchmen (yet), and I still thought the comments were a great twist on the usual fare. I guess it takes a certain kind of higher thinking to appreciate finer comments such as these? :\

one of the few i've enjoyed. the short but meaning full comments made it a lot easier to skim through and know whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)