- Memento

Pawniard (M) @ Eviolite Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 156 HP / 236 Atk / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

I couldn't figure out how to fix Mantyke and couldn't make Tentacool work either. Fuck Hail damage messing everything up by 1 HP. Thus I chose something easy that just works every time lol.

edit: I realized prem and changed it.
It doesn't really work every time.......I feel kinda bad about this one...hopefully you have time to change it.

Turn 1.
Misdreavus switches in
blah blah
Lets say....Snover @ -2 using HP Fire

Turn 2.
Pawniard switches in takes a SR damage @ 22 HP.

Turn 3.
Snover uses HP Fire: 6 damage + hail
Pawniard uses Swords Dance
Pawniard +2 @ 15 HP

Here it becomes a prediction war. If you substitute on the switch, you actually still have a fair chance to lose. If you Substitute on another HP fire you are almost guaranteed to lose because 6+6+1 = 13 damage. Staryu can spam Recover twice and you die.

Turn 4.
Snover switches out, Staryu comes in.
Sucker Punch fails. Pawniard @ 14 HP

Now it's a prediction war where you have a bit of a disadvantage. Staryu doesn't actually need to attack you until you get +6 because you can't OHKO it with Iron Head until +6. You need to outpredict him a couple times in a row to get to +6 while he Recovers and then it's almost 50/50. One Hydro Pump and you're dead. You actually need to kill Staryu by the time you use your 7th Sucker Punch (assuming you successfully predicted and got to +3) because otherwise Snover has a will finish you off with Ice Shard (you need to have at least 4 HP to take Ice Shard and survive). If you want to avoid ANOTHER prediction war with Snover, you need to have at least 7 HP left (as in, kill Staryu by the time you are at +3 and have 4 Sucker Punches left) because otherwise you could mispredict Sucker Punch / Iron Head and be KOed by 2 Ice Shards (one when Sucker Punch fails, then one to finish you off) or HP Fire.

Now I'm not sure if Ray Jay will consider the risk:reward of this strategy, but I give you props that if you do manage to outpredict you are likely sitting with a +6 Pawniard which will do a shit load of damage to any team.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Porygon @ Eviolite
Trace | Calm
evs: 236 HP / 236 SpD
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

do i really need to show proof??? fine

You can switch in on SR, two Blizzards, and Hail. Recover until you don't die immediately, then Thunder Wave. Then Recover until you have over 40%. Then Hidden Power Fire for the OHKO. Repeat with Staryu. Thunderbolt is a 2HKO.

I wanted Scraggy =(. Uhhh replace Pawniard with like Shell Smash Shellder or something if you're really that woried. It's just "sweeper." Maybe even a Calm Mind Pokemon. Doesn't really matter. I'd pick a beter one and post it but I don't have access to a damage calc / PO right now. If you fail like eight times with Sucker Punch (and Heysup's scenario is kind of ridiculous as Staryu isn't going to not attack seven times in a row, letting you SD or hit it with Iron Head + Hail Damage) and if Snover happened to lock itself into HP Fire (which never happens) and if you suck dIck with Pawniard, then it might be a problem, which you can just replace Pawniard with a different sweeper. Take your pick lol...just anything that isn't OHKOed by any of the -2 attacks and can retaliate with OHKOes. I like specially defensive Shellder with shell smash / icicle spear / rock blast / hp gras maybe??? If this isn't up in like 20 minutes I'll do it myself.

Also, it's only 0 points if I post a single Pokemon and fail. Not if I post two Pokemon and get it correctly.

Stunky (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Stench
EVs: 172 HP / 188 SDef / 84 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Memento

Misdreavus (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 76 SAtk / 236 SDef
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

I should have just been sweeping with Misdreavus--it was the only thing I remembered on the top of my head that got Memento.

184 SpAtk Snover Blizzard vs 172 HP/188 SpDef Stunky (+SpDef) : 60% - 72%

200 SpAtk Staryu Hydro Pump vs 172 HP/188 SpDef Stunky (+SpDef) : 60% - 72%

Switches in with Stealth Rock / Hail / any attack and lives, outspeeds, and uses Memento.

I dare you to try and break through Misdreavus without a Critical Hit.

184 SpAtk Snover Blizzard vs 196 HP/236 SpDef Eviolite Misdreavus (+SpDef) : 28% - 40%

184 -2 SpAtk Snover Blizzard vs 196 HP/236 SpDef Eviolite Misdreavus (+SpDef) : 16% - 24%

184 SpAtk Snover Blizzard vs 196 HP/236 +1 SpDef Eviolite Misdreavus (+SpDef) : 24% - 28%

200 SpAtk Staryu Hydro Pump vs 196 HP/236 SpDef Eviolite Misdreavus (+SpDef) : 28% - 40%

200 -2 SpAtk Staryu Hydro Pump vs 196 HP/236 SpDef Eviolite Misdreavus (+SpDef) : 16% - 24%

200 SpAtk Staryu Hydro Pump vs 196 HP/236 +1 SpDef Eviolite Misdreavus (+SpDef) : 24% - 28% (4-5 hits to KO)

Ok, my bad, 1 point. The only thing I could see questionable in that core is that stunky has to die for it to work so if the opponent has any normal type or just anything that can take a hit from misdreavus as would be most common in any realistic situation, it may lose. But, w.e, looks fine to me seeing as we're not working with presumptions of other pokemon being involved (though I'm kind of missing the practicallity of this thread now...)

Since Bronzor can't beat Staryu 100% of the time on its own, I figure getting 1 point is better than possibly getting none!

[pimg]441[/pimg]
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Trait: Heatproof
EVs: 220 HP / 4 SAtk / 228 SDef / 12 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic
[pimg]331[/pimg]
Cacnea @ Life Orb
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

Basically, Staryu can't hurt Cacnea outside of Rapid Spin, so switch in and then Sub on their switch to Snover. Let the sub take the hit and KO with Brick Break, then SD in Staryu's face. If Snover ever comes in, Bronzor can set up a CM and sweep. However, Staryu can overcome Bronzor with a crit even once it has a CM up! We can eliminate this possibility by switching to Cacnea when they are forced to choose Hydro Pump because of the risk Bronzor poses. This is why Bronzor and Cacnea work so well together in this situation: they can set up with impunity on Snover and Staryu respectively, forcing the opponent to make a move that will allow you to set up with the other member of the core and sweep.

There are only two ways for this core to lose: if Snover predicts a switch to Bronzor, then crits twice in a row with HP Fire, or if it freezes Bronzor with Blizzard and Bronzor never thaws out. Any other crits, or a Freeze that Bronzor thaws out of at some point, will not affect the core's ability to counter Snover and Staryu. So basically, barring very timely and improbable hax, the opponent will have to face either a Bronzor with multiple Calm Mind boosts or a Cacnea behind a sub with an SD or two under its belt. In that sense, I think this core is unique among the other counters itt in that it not only defeats the opposing core, but puts you in a very favorable position in doing so!

Ok, my bad, 1 point. The only thing I could see questionable in that core is that stunky has to die for it to work so if the opponent has any normal type or just anything that can take a hit from misdreavus as would be most common in any realistic situation, it may lose. But, w.e, looks fine to me seeing as we're not working with presumptions of other pokemon being involved (though I'm kind of missing the practicallity of this thread now...)
Don't think that matters. Plus most of the Restalk sets could use any attack in the last slot but just use the best one to retain some sort of pride.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This core has nothing on you. Munchlax earns 2 points.

Pretty much exact same concept as the thing right above. Vulnerable to crits, I guess but I'll buy it. Lickitung earns 2 points.

On any given turn of sleep, there's a 20% chance that hpump misses along with the 33% chance that you get a Calm Mind. That's a "winning situation" for you. However, if you don't get the Calm Mind turn one while you're asleep, I believe you will be warn down from Staryu too quickly along with hail and will lose, considering Staryu outspeeds you. Unless I'm missing something here (feel free to tell me) this is not a true counter. 0 points :(

You admitted yourself that the core wasn't that serious, but you do get a point as you pointed out that we need a more solid way of determining field effects, so 1 point for you.

You said so yourself that you can't beat Staryu all the time. Due to this being an all or nothing round, this sadly scores 0 points.

Due to the way your set only works under certain circumstances while asleep, I have to not give you the points, sadly. Perhaps try to refute heysup next time, as I didn't really see any of that and it would've helped your cause. 0 points.

Some of your logic is way off man, but the synergy between these two mons is acceptable to the point that it makes sense together. Good job, 1 point.

Almost took off points for snide gifs. 2 points.

Looks good enough, no real qualms here other than the fact that you do need to get Stunky in safely. Due to your bulkier spread though, that should be possible. 1 point.

You've shown that Bronzor indeed does well against the core, and Cacnea helps its slight weakness to Staryu. For this reason, you obtain 1 point as it seems you know how to play correctly with Cacnea (not a Dark-type, by the way) so that it's not dead weight. I could see a problem if it died to Snover, but then Bronzor would wreck. 1 point.

On to this round's bonus poi-

Oh no, Bowser is crashing the party!

As part of the all or nothing theme this round, bonus points are negative.

Bad Dreams: Players who scored points off of a set that uses Resttalk will earn -1 point. (heysup, chieliee, blarajan, Nanoswine)

Updated Scoreboard ~~~~

iss: 5 (+2)
blarajan: 3 (+1 -1)
chieliee: 3 (+2, -1)
elevator_music: 3
Heysup: 2 (+2, -1)
spuds4ever: 2
Corkscrew: 2
Nanoswine: 1 (+1, -1)
trakyan: 1 (+1)
Dracoyoshi8: 1 (+1)

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Stunky @ Eviolite
Careful | Aftermath
evs: 92 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
move 1: Sucker Punch
move 2: Pursuit
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Explosion

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Adamant | Regenerator
evs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
move 1: Hi Jump Kick
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Knock Off

Good luck

Reminders:
-You may post 1 or 2 Pokemon
-Assume Stealth Rock is on your side of the field, but not the opponent's unless you include a Pokemon that can Rapid Spin or SR respectively
-Post calcs!!!

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
212 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / w.e
Impish
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Protect
- Curse

Stunky's best moves:

Crunch:

Possible HP Damage: 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7

Crunch vs +1:

Possible HP Damage: 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6

Explosion:

Possible HP Damage: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 12

Mienfoo:

HJK:

Possible HP Damage: 10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13

vs +1

Possible HP Damage: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9

worst case scenario:

turn 1.
Hippopotas switches in. (SR 1)
CRUNCH NOM NOM NOM (6)

turn 2. now lets say im retarded and I don't protect here
Explosion (let's say 11)
Slack Off (+13)
Hippopotas @ 26 - 18 = 8 + 13 = 21

turn 3. no im not predicting here when im using protect, it's just I'm going to use it every other turn since he's scarf.
HJK (12 average)
Protect
Mienfoo takes 6
Hippopotas @ 21
Mienfoo @ 16

Turn 4.
HJK (12)
Slack Off
Hippopotas @ 22
Mienfoo @ 15

turn 5.
HJK
Protect
Hippo @ 22
foo @ 9

Here I can either Slack Off / Protect alternate OR I can start Cursing. I'm going to start cursing.
turn 6.
HJK (12)
Hippopotas Curse
Hippo +1 @ 10 HP
foo @ 9

turn 7.
HJK (7) (max damage is 9, can't KO even with max)
Slack Off
Hippopotas @ 15

turn 8.
etc you get the point

worst case 1:

Here Mienfoo has a 4.6% chance to 2HKO after SR which is and I guess 6.25% to crit but I'm certain this would already be deemed a legit counter by Ray Jay's standards. Keep in mind there is almost 20% chance for him to miss one of those 2 attacks in the first place and that really diminishes the value of those numbers.

The reason I use Protect here is that I'd lose to Explosion if I wasn't able to kill Mienfoo without taking damage from HJK first. Pretty clever huh?

turn 1.
Hippopotas switches in, 1 SR
HJK (12)
hippo @ 13

turn 2.
Hippopotas uses Protect
HJK (12)
Mienfoo @ 15
Hippo @ 13

turn 3.
hjk (12)
Slack off (13)
Hippopotas @ 14
foo @ 15

Turn 4.
Protect
mienfoo @ 9
hippo @ 14

Turn 5
HJK
Slack off
mienfoo @ 9
Hippo @ 15

Turn 6
Protect
Mienfoo @ 3

Turn 7
HJK
Slack Off
foo @ 3
Hippo @ 16

Here I could either keep slacking off to get to 22 HP and start Cursing....OR I could stop boring you and kill foo and Stunky....

Turn 8
Protect
foo dead

turn 9
Stunky comes in
Explosion doesn't KO
Slack Off
etc

Worst case 2.

turn 1. Knock off
Shit ass
Hippo @ 24 HP

I always Curse here

turn 2.
switch to Stunky
Curse

+1@ 24 (-eviolite)

Now the calcs vs me are the same as with Eviolite and I can just Curse up on this n00b Stunky

/core

iss

let's play bw lc!
you asked for calcs, you'll get them

Koffing @ Eviolite
Bold | Levitate
evs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Stockpile

critical hits do not negate burn

6.25% chance of missing two will-o-wisps
1.5625% chance of missing three will-o-wisps

33.680625% chance of sleep talk not selecting will-o-wisp/stockpile or will-o-wisp missing after being selected in two turns

51.25% chance of hitting three stone edges
40.96% chance of hitting four stone edges
32.768% chance of hitting five stone edges
26.144% chance of hitting six stone edges
20.97152% chance of hitting seven stone edges
16.777216% chance of hitting all eight stone edges

65.6391084% chance of critting at least once with stone edge in eight hits, not factoring in misses
50.9130120% chance of critting at least twice with stone edge in eight hits <-- someone check my math, i think i did this one wrong

With Eviolite:

Mienfoo Stone Edge: 5-7 (21.73 - 30.43%) (7 is max damage roll only) (also the damage for a burned critical hit)
Burned Mienfoo Stone Edge: 3-4 (13.04 - 17.39%)
Mienfoo Stone Edge against +1 Koffing: 4-5 (17.39 - 21.73%)
Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%)
Burned Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch: 3-4 (13.04 - 17.39%)
Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch against +1 Koffing: 3-4 (13.04 - 17.39%)
Stunky Explosion: 9-11 (39.13 - 47.82%)
Burned Stunky Explosion: 5-6 (21.73 - 26.08%)
Stunky Explosion against +1 Koffing: 6-8 (26.08 - 34.78%)

Without Eviolite:

Mienfoo Stone Edge: 7-9 (30.43 - 39.13%) (9 is max damage roll only) (also the damage for a burned critical hit)
Mienfoo Stone Edge against -1 Koffing: 8-10 (34.78 - 43.47%)
Mienfoo Stone Edge against +1 Koffing: 5-7 (21.73 - 30.43%)
Mienfoo Knock Off: 1-2 (4.34 - 8.69%) (2 is max damage roll only)
Burned Mienfoo Stone Edge: 4-5 (17.39 - 21.73%)
Burned Mienfoo Stone Edge against -1 Koffing: 5-7 (21.73 - 30.43%)
Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch: 7-9 (30.43 - 39.13%)
Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch against +1 Koffing: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%)
Burned Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%)
Burned Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch against -1 Koffing: 6-7 (26.08 - 30.43%)
Stunky Explosion: 13-16 (56.52 - 69.56%)
Stunky Explosion against +1 Koffing: 9-11 (39.13 - 47.82%)
Burned Stunky Explosion: 7-9 (30.43 - 39.13%)

Flamethrower against Mienfoo: 8-10 (38.09 - 47.61%)
Flamethrower against Stunky: 5-6 (20.83 - 25%)

worst case scenario is knock off -> switch to stunky, wow misses -> crunch/rest -> crunch/sleep talk doesn't select wow -> explosion -> stone edge hits, but that's a 14.85% chance and requires some prediction, as koffing can will-o-wisp on the crunch instead of resting, and in that case explosion won't ko (as long as wow hits).

basically if you hit will-o-wisp and avoid being critted before hitting wow, you win. it's pretty difficult for this koffing to lose. honestly, if you really wanted to win -all- of the time, you could put stockpile or torment over flamethrower and pretty much never lose barring a ton of misses or crits.

with stockpile, if you switch into knock off, you can just stockpile to avoid the entire crunch+explosion scenario. also, sleep talk now has a much greater chance at picking a useful move. burn makes you invincible (as then even crits won't do too much), stockpile is a nice backup and insurance for when you're stalling with will-o-wisp.

reserving Croagunk

also bs restalks

[pimg]458[/pimg]

Croagunk (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SDef / 36 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Hi Jump Kick at +0 with Eviolite: 7-8 (29.16 - 33.33%)
Hi Jump Kick at +1 with Eviolite: 4-6 (16.66 - 25%)
Hi Jump Kick at +2 with Eviolite: 4-4 (16.66 - 16.66%)
Hi Junp Kick at +2 w/o Eviolite: Hi Jump Kick: 5-7 (20.83 - 29.16%)

Explosion at +0 with Eviolite: 12-15 (50 - 62.5%)
Explosion at +1 with Eviolite: 8-10 (33.33 - 41.66%)
Explosion at +1 w/o Eviolite: 12-15 (50 - 62.5%)

Croagunk can come in on anything Mienfoo does, taking 7 damage from HJK on average (max 8, 6% chance), and set up a Bulk up then spam Drain Punch. If Stunky switches in on Bulk Up, Croagunk will survive Explosion, as it only does 10 damage max after a Bulk Up, and can use the opportunity to boost up to +2. Then when Mienfoo comes back in, it can survive another HJK (at 1 HP assuming Mienfoo gets all max damage rolls, and taking SR into account) and Drain Punch its health back up.

If Mienfoo uses U-Turn on Croagunk's switchin and goes out to Stunky, Croagunk still wins. It can set up Bulk Up on the explosion, allowing it to survive another HJK from Mienfoo (again at 1HP assuming max damage), and Drain Punch back up. Worst case scenario: Mienfoo uses Knock Off on the switch, goes out to Stunky and Explodes, then comes back in and goes for HJK. This will KO Croagunk only if every hit is a max damage roll, and given that the chance that will occur is less than 1% it's a risk I'm willing to take.

If Stunky is in, Croagunk can switch in on Explosion (why would it explode), take the 15 damage, then survive Mienfoo's HJK and Rest up. Mienfoo has to get 3 max damage rolls in a row to KO if Croagunk is Restalking in order to KO, and since that chance is less than 1%, again it's a risk I will take.

The only reason this is a Restalk set is because Stunky can technically Explode on your switch into Croagunk, although that would be a really bad move in a real game if it is still at full health! Otherwise I would prolly run something like Bulk Up / Drain Punch / Sucker Punch / Rock Slide.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus

Ekans (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 244 Def / 4 SDef
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Coil
- Earthquake (or Gunk Shot, I guess)

Cranidos (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 60 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spd
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Switch in Ekans, set up Coil, Rest, Sleep Talk, rinse and repeat. Proceed to clean house with Earthquake. If that doesn't work because they get an unlucky crit, switch to CHOICE BAND CRANIDOS and HEAD SMASH FOR GREAT JUSTICE. It might not do anything, but HELL YEAH ITS HEAD SMASH!

Switching into Explosion: This is the most dangerous. Honestly, if this happens, it is safest just to sacrifice Cranidos to the Mienfoo gods so Ekans can Intimidate it.

Switching into Knock Off: Ekans should still be able to set up, but watch out for a double switch to Stunky and BOOM. Again, you may have to sacrifice Cranidos to get off an Intimidate.

Some Calcs:
-1 Mienfoo vs Ekans: Stone Edge: Stone Edge: 5-6 (21.73 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO after Stealth Rock
(5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6)

-1 Mienfoo vs +1 Ekans: Stone Edge/HJK: 3-4 (13.04 - 17.39%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4)

+0 Mienfoo vs Ekans: Stone Edge: 6-8 (26.08 - 34.78%) -- 57.08% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 8)

-1 Stunky vs Ekans: Explosion: 7-9 (30.43 - 39.13%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(7, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9)

+1 Ekans vs Mienfoo: Earthquake: 11-14 (52.38 - 66.66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(11, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 14)

iss

let's play bw lc!
note to ray jay: blarajan used a restalker, you forgot to take off a point

you can delete this post afterwards i guess

Grimer (M) @ Eviolite Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def
- Curse
- Rest
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

This little cutie absolutely smashes any and everything the above pair can do. Let us see why with some damage calculations~

Please excuse the 252 values. I was lazy as sin.
252 Atk Mienfoo (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 22.22% - 29.63%
Possible HP Damage: 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 8

252 Atk Mienfoo (+Atk) Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 22.22% - 25.93%
Possible HP Damage: 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7

252 Atk Mienfoo (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 +1 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 18.52% - 22.22%
Possible HP Damage: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6

252 Atk Mienfoo (+Atk) Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 +1 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 11.11% - 18.52%
Possible HP Damage: 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5

92 Atk Stunky Crunch vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 25.93% - 33.33%
Possible HP Damage: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9

92 Atk Stunky Explosion vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 40.74% - 51.85%
Possible HP Damage: 11, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 14

92 Atk Stunky Crunch vs 252 HP/252 +1 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 14.81% - 22.22%
Possible HP Damage: 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6

92 Atk Stunky Explosion vs 252 HP/252 +1 Def Eviolite Grimer (+Def) : 29.63% - 37.04%
Possible HP Damage: 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10

The most damaging moves here are Stunky's Explosion and Mienfoo's Stone Edge. Let's say Grimer (27) HP switches into Stealth Rock (-2) and a max damage Stunky Explosion (-14). Grimer is now sitting at 11 HP. Now Mienfoo comes in and gets a max damage Stone Edge (-8) as Grimer rests. Mienfoo proceeds to use Stone Edge over and over again, and hits every single one. He's already used 2 at this point--I just need to stall out six more. Since Stone Edge has a 10% chance to hit and get a critical hit...the odds of not getting crit in eight Stone Edges is only 43%...but the odds of HITTING eight Stone Edges is 13% lol. Either way, this is the ABSOLUTE worst case...switching into an Explosion and then having Mienfoo hits eight Stone Edge in a row...and even this is survivable. Otherwise, I take really nothing from anything, and can set up a Curse pretty easily. Plus, I can't have my Eviolite Knocked Off!

Perfect counter <3. Grimer's also cute as hell!

Ah, well. Surskit didn't get the points after all. Anyway, this competition is using too much of my time theorymonning which I can't really see benefiting me. I think I'll be pulling out around now. GG and GL everyone! :)

basicly i agree with spuds about this thing just wasting my time BUT IT"S SO FUCKING ADDICTING SO IM STAYING IN

Bitch (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 204 HP / 232 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Synthesis
- Defense Curl
- Ingrain
- Giga Drain

this bitch is so deadly.

you asked for calcs so here they are i guess

Mienfoo
Stone Edge: 19 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (100 Base Power): 6 - 8 (26.09% - 34.78%) (6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 8)
U-turn: 19 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (70 Base Power): 4 - 6 (17.39% - 26.09%) (5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6)
HJK: 19 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (130 Base Power): 6 - 7 (26.09% - 30.43%) (6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7)
Knock Off: 19 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (20 Base Power): 2 - 3 (8.70% - 13.04%)

Stunky
Crunch: 14 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (80 Base Power): 7 - 9 (30.43% - 39.13%) (7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)
Sucker Punch: 14 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (80 Base Power): 7 - 9 (30.43% - 39.13%) (7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)
Pursuit: 14 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (40 Base Power): 4 - 6 (17.39% - 26.09%) (4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6)
Explosion: 14 Atk vs 22 Def & 23 HP (250 Base Power): 11 - 14 (47.83% - 60.87%) (11, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 14)

Bitch Giga drain vs:
Mienfoo: 12 Atk vs 11 Def & 21 HP (75 Base Power): 9 - 12 (42.86% - 57.14%) (9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12) (Bitch gains 5/6HP)
Stunky: 12 Atk vs 21 Def & 24 HP (75 Base Power): 3 - 3 (12.50% - 12.50%) (Bitch gains 2HP)

Stealth Rock: -2 HP
Synthesis: +12HP

Chance of SR+Explosion+Stone Edge KO'ing: 7.81% (♥ vinc2612 for the calculation)
Chance of SR+Crunch+Explosion KO'ing: 11.32% (♥ vinc2612 for the calculation)

I'll add more stuff later

EDIT: i think it's pretty obvious. You just spam synthesis/defense curl until you're at +6, using ingrain asap. then start spamming giga drain. Even if mienfoo constantly u-turns, you'll still probably be able to kill them both with 16pp. If not, pp stall.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Timburr
(Yes, I will do it this time)

+

Timburr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 80 SAtk / 80 SDef / 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Pain Split

If Stunky is out:
Switch Timburr in. If it switches on any of it's dark moves, Timburr can get to +1 and proceed to Drain Punch both pokemon for the win. If it switches in on explosion, you can let Timburr die to HJK and win with Misdreavus.

Scenarios:

No. 1:
Average damage rolls
Turn 1:Timburr Switches in on crunch (after SR and Crunch: 23/27)
Turn 2: Opponent switches to Mienfoo. Timburr uses Bulk Up. (23/27)
Turn 3: Mienfoo HJK's. Timburr Drain Punches. (Timburr: 22/27, Mienfoo 4/21)
Turn 4: Timburr Mach Punches. (Timburr: 22/27, Mienfoo 0/21)
Turn 5: Opponent switches in Stunky. Timburr wins.

Opponent with Max damage rolls, Timburr with Min damage rolls and defence drop with Stunky
Turn 1: Timburr switches in on crunch and Stunky gets a defence drop (22/27)
Turn 2: Opponent switches to Mienfoo. Timburr uses Bulk Up. (22/27)
Turn 3: Mienfoo HJK's. Timburr Drain Punches. (Timburr:15/27, Mienfoo: 4/21)
Turn 4: Timburr Mach Punches. (Timburr 15/27, Mienfoo, 0/21)
Turn 5: Opponent switches in Stunky. Timburr wins.

No. 2:
Turn 1: Timburr switches in on Explosion. (13/27)
Turn 2: Opponent HJK's. (0/27)
Turn 3: Switch in Misdreavus. Win.

If Mienfoo is out:
Switch in Misdreavus and use will-o-wisp. If the opponent keeps Mienfoo in, then just defeat it with Shadow Ball and stuff. They're pretty stupid if they keep Mienfoo in though.
As Stunky switches in, burn it and then stall it out I guess. Misdreavus won't win but it can still weaken Stunky quite a lot. And then just win with Timburr, like you did previously.

Worst case scenario: (Max damage rolls for the opponent, Minimum for me)

Turn 1: Mienfoo U-turns. You switch in Misdreavus. (18/23 after SR and U-turn)
Turn 2: Misdreavus uses will-o-wisp. Stunky uses uses Crunch. (Misdreavus 0/23, Stunky 21/24)*
Turn 3: Switch in Timburr and Bulk Up. Stunky uses Explosion. (Timburr 20/27, Stunky 0/24)
Turn 4: Mienfoo HJK's. Timburr Drain Punches. (Timburr 17/21, Mienfoo 4/21)
Turn 5: Timburr Mach Punches. (Timburr 17/21, Mienfoo 0/21)

*There's only a 1/16 chance that Misdreavus will die here. If it doesn't die you can do further damage with Pain Split next go.

explosion: 14 Atk vs 22 Def & 27 HP (250 Base Power): 11 - 14 (40.74% - 51.85%)

hjk: 19 Atk vs 22 Def & 27 HP (130 Base Power): 12 - 15 (44.44% - 55.56%)

bye

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
explosion: 14 Atk vs 22 Def & 27 HP (250 Base Power): 11 - 14 (40.74% - 51.85%)

hjk: 19 Atk vs 22 Def & 27 HP (130 Base Power): 12 - 15 (44.44% - 55.56%)

bye
Yeah I know, that's why I reserved Misdreavus, I was going to add it...
Also Honko's calculator says explosion is 11-13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)