Dusclops

CM Dusclops. An ADV classic for a new era!

After 1 CM Bold 252HP/252Def Dusclops with prevo stone has 591 Def and 666 Sdef. Wow. And it can keep boosting that Sdef, with added ability to burn things and put its defense effectively in the thousands. Its special movepool could stand to be better, though.

Dusclops would probably love the ability to use Curse. Unfortunately, he gets Ghost-type Curse. Aww...

CM Dusclops. An ADV classic for a new era!
CuneClopsSkarmBliss back with a vengeance!

Dusclops seems to learn every support move that Dusknoir knows so there's apparently no drop-off in that aspect. Trick Room, Gravity, etc. Should be fun for item clause metagames like VGC or Battle Frontier.

I love this item so much. Not just for the mega boost for Porygon 2 and Dusclops, but for the massive boost most useless NFE Pokemon got. Gamefreak has managed to improve the viability of hundreds of Pokemon to the point where as long as Ubers don't stay long, we could have one of the most varied and exciting meta games ever recorded in Pokemon.

Edit: Wait, shit. Wrong topic :/

Azure Demon

This idea sound cool but you all have to remember knock off is still used quite a bit so you lose your stone you lose a a stage of bulk pretty much

i can only see this thing in UU, because of all the new powerhouses in this game its going to be hard for walls like this to keep up

Awesome :D.Seismic Toss+Night shade seems kinda legit...Im still probably gona go with some coverage move.And shudnt rest be an option over Pain Split?I mean its kinda a lot more reliable.

Also pain split is VERY unreliable and shouldn't even be counted as a means of recovery. This is coming from a long term Dusknoir user :P
Gotta disagree. I've used dusknoir alot, and I find pain split to be overpowered. The enmy just can't't get rid of him. It requires a bit of prediction though.

For example, the enemy sends in Kingdra. It's a bad match-up for you, so you switch into dusknoir. Meanwhile, dragonite dragon dances.

Kingdra attacks you, dealing 56% of your life. You will-o-wisp in response. Your leftovers heal you, you now have 50% left. Dragonite loses 12%, and has 88% left.

Kingdra stays in, to keep it's dragon dance, and attacks again. You lose 28% and have 22% left. You predicted that and pain split, and both have 50% left. Kingdra loses health from burn, and you gain leftovers recovery. After this, it's not hard finishing him off, although you will have little health left when you're done.

You have 28% life left. Enemy sends in someone who tries to revenge-kill dusknoir, but dusknoir's bulk can take it (28% is actually usually less than what he has left after finishing off a physical attacker). He then pain splits, and is back at 50%, while the enemy also is damaged. Then you can either will-o-wisp or switch out.

Thing is, pain split is almost impossible to switch into, unless you have a damaged pokemon. Even if kingdra had switched, you would've gain lots of health. And as soon as you've killed a pokemon with dusknoir, the opponent will most likely only have full health pokemon left. Even if they see a pain split coming, they won't be able to do anything about it.

Pain Split is either very useful, or lame. Depends if you how to use it properly.

On topic: Dusclops might make BL/OU with this item, since it gets more defenses than even the mummy'kan.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait, wait, wait. WHAT.

Why are you guys considering Calm Mind? I mean, sure, it might work for a while considering improved defenses, but seriously. It doesn't offer much auxiliary options in the Special Attacks department, and people catch on. With HP like that, it's less substantial than Suicune and Mismagius and Mr. Chandelier himself. Just look at CM Dusknoir. People were hyped over it and look what happened to it now! Scratched off to obscurity.

Calm Mind may be a "decent" option when it comes to preevolution stone, but it should not be a main option because of Dusclop's blatantly easy to wall and phase out, even by specially-weak Skamory standards. Not to mention Taunt and Toxic and Heatran and...

Yeah. No CM, at least for me.

Seismic Toss + Night Shade is redundant. A wall doesn't need to worry about perfect neutral coverage on fixed-damage attacks.

Of course, he doesn't have many other great options... Perhaps Mean Look? Or Shadow Sneak; even pathetically weak priority can be useful.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
As I said in the Pre-Evolution Stone Thread...

HAIL TO YOUR NEW SPIN BLOCKER!

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Seismic Toss + Night Shade is redundant. A wall doesn't need to worry about perfect neutral coverage on fixed-damage attacks.

Of course, he doesn't have many other great options... Perhaps Mean Look? Or Shadow Sneak; even pathetically weak priority can be useful.

His attack stat is pretty low without any investment at all, so Fixed-Damage Attacks would probably do the most damage. Only things like Thunderpunch or Earthquake are helpful for specific things like Gyarados and Heatran. Mean Look wouldn't do much at all, since he'd rather be Will-O-Wisping threats rather than trapping them. Shadow Sneak seems more situational..

His attack stat is pretty low without any investment at all, so Fixed-Damage Attacks would probably do the most damage. Only things like Thunderpunch or Earthquake are helpful for specific things like Gyarados and Heatran. Mean Look wouldn't do much at all, since he'd rather be Will-O-Wisping threats rather than trapping them. Shadow Sneak seems more situational..
Obviously fixed-damage attacks would do the most damage, which is why one of the two should be his primary attack, but there's really no reason for him to run both.

As I said in the Pre-Evolution Stone Thread...

HAIL TO YOUR NEW SPIN BLOCKER!
Has the "Aiming Mark" rumor been disproved? I'm asking because on Serebii's item list there's an item called "Bull's Eye" whose description matches that of what Aiming Mark's would have been. If it's been disproved post a link please.

Manaphy

Obviously fixed-damage attacks would do the most damage, which is why one of the two should be his primary attack, but there's really no reason for him to run both.
So, you're saying Seismic Toss (hits more things than Night Shade) and something like Shadow Punch? That could work.

So, you're saying Seismic Toss (hits more things than Night Shade) and something like Shadow Punch? That could work.
Exactly. Night Shade would only be needed against Ghosts anyway, so he may as well use something that gets STAB and probably super effective damage against them, as well.

I still think Shadow Sneak might be the better option, but we'll have to see.

For example, the enemy sends in Kingdra. It's a bad match-up for you, so you switch into dusknoir. Meanwhile, dragonite dragon dances.
you might not have noticed but kingdra now has access to a dark special attack
edit - nvm, i misread the serebii pokedex. this is a thread about dusclops anyhow

Manaphy

Updated;
Added a Rest-Talker Set

Changed Dusclops Attacks.

Thinking about making a Gravity / Trick Room set too.

you might not have noticed but kingdra now has access to a dark special attack
Why in the world would a DD Kingdra be carrying a Dark- Type Attack?

CuneClopsSkarmBliss back with a vengeance!

Dusclops seems to learn every support move that Dusknoir knows so there's apparently no drop-off in that aspect. Trick Room, Gravity, etc. Should be fun for item clause metagames like VGC or Battle Frontier.
Good to see someone thinking outside the box, for a change.
Awesome :D.Seismic Toss+Night shade seems kinda legit...Im still probably gona go with some coverage move.And shudnt rest be an option over Pain Split?I mean its kinda a lot more reliable.

As noted by Little Green Yoda, it gets Gravity...Something else it also gets...Dynamicpunch (via Emerald Move tutor).

Boost that accuracy with Gravity, and you get a WoW that will not miss, Toxic that will not miss, and Dynamicpunch that will rarely miss, therefore giving you a VERY bulky staus platform Poke, via Burn, Poison, and Confusion.

Also under Gravity, those flyers and Levitators out there can be taking damage from Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well (this would make Toxic redundant if T-Spikes are out). And since this is a ghost, its not like they are going to get spun away, either.

If T-Spikes are used, in assossciation with Gravity, this frees up that last move slot for Rest or Pain Split.

Manaphy

Good to see someone thinking outside the box, for a change.

As noted by Little Green Yoda, it gets Gravity...Something else it also gets...Dynamicpunch (via Emerald Move tutor).

Boost that accuracy with Gravity, and you get a WoW that will not miss, Toxic that will not miss, and Dynamicpunch that will rarely miss, therefore giving you a VERY bulky staus platform Poke, via Burn, Poison, and Confusion.

Also under Gravity, those flyers and Levitators out there can be taking damage from Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well (this would make Toxic redundant if T-Spikes are out). And since this is a ghost, its not like they are going to get spun away, either.

If T-Spikes are used, in assossciation with Gravity, this frees up that last move slot for Rest or Pain Split.

Why use Will-O-Wisp and Toxic on the Same Set? You could already stall them out with Dynamicpunch confusion + Burn + Pressure. It lets you use Pain Split too.

Why use Will-O-Wisp and Toxic on the Same Set? You could already stall them out with Dynamicpunch confusion + Burn + Pressure. It lets you use Pain Split too.
You can Poison Steel types, and you can't Burn Fire types. This assures you the fact that everything will be taking damage, since Dusclops' Atk/SpAtk are pitiful (even with Calm Mind for the SpAtk).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)