Dusclops

Pass him a Wish for full heal. Chansey can do that well, since Dusc is immune to her weakness (that now is REALLY common), fighting

I run this set:
Duslops@Pre-evo stone
252 HP, 90 Def, 164 Sp.D, with a Bold nature(-Atk, +Def)
Pressure
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt
-Confuse Ray
-Pain Split

This set hurts about every poke in existence. Gets shut down by Taunt, so if you predict a Taunt user coming in, just use Taunt. Then the'll probably switch out, so use Confuse Ray. If it's a phys. attacker WoW them, if you think the Taunter is coming back in Taunt again, and when you're at low health, just use Pain Split

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I run this set:
Duslops@Pre-evo stone
252 HP, 90 Def, 164 Sp.D, with a Bold nature(-Atk, +Def)
Pressure
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt
-Confuse Ray
-Pain Split

This set hurts about every poke in existence. Gets shut down by Taunt, so if you predict a Taunt user coming in, just use Taunt. Then the'll probably switch out, so use Confuse Ray. If it's a phys. attacker WoW them, if you think the Taunter is coming back in Taunt again, and when you're at low health, just use Pain Split
This is completly helpless against Substitute users too wich isn't exactly fantastic.

I know, but if Hazards are up, your switch could be predicted and you might be KOd
Dusclops is used only in Stall/Full Stall teams, which ought to have a spinner.

Its not that easy to KO Dusclops, especially if it isnt at ~30%. Using Pain Split+WoW, Dusclops can avoid this situation most times.

Also, besides the lack of leftovers, what differenciates Dusclops from Slowbro, when it comes to switch into hazzards and taking 2 hits before it can recover? I'm not making calcs now, but i think Conkel can 2HKO a 71,5% Slowbro (lefties recovery already factored)

I think i rather use Clops in offensive team. Burn is valuable for keeping easy set up time on my offensive cores.

Also, besides the lack of leftovers, what differenciates Dusclops from Slowbro, when it comes to switch into hazzards and taking 2 hits before it can recover? I'm not making calcs now, but i think Conkel can 2HKO a 71,5% Slowbro (lefties ecovery already factored)
Slowbro's new ability, regenerate. Which is pretty substantial as with maximum layers of spikes and stealth rock down, allows him to essentially switch out and come in with approximately the same amount of health (-7%) as he had before, comparing that to dusclops who will continually lose 37% in passive damage everytime he switches in.

In simpler terms, slowbro heals switching out, cancelling out previous entry hazard damage, while dusclops does not. Technically if both were on the same % switching in, the ability advantage would be moot, but in most cases slowbro has a massive edge playing around entry hazards than dusclops would.

Dusclops is used only in Stall/Full Stall teams, which ought to have a spinner.

Its not that easy to KO Dusclops, especially if it isnt at ~30%. Using Pain Split+WoW, Dusclops can avoid this situation most times.

Also, besides the lack of leftovers, what differenciates Dusclops from Slowbro, when it comes to switch into hazzards and taking 2 hits before it can recover? I'm not making calcs now, but i think Conkel can 2HKO a 71,5% Slowbro (lefties recovery already factored)
Slowbro is a really bad pokemon. Why would you use him as an example? You likely won't be passing wishes at over 30% health on Clops, just saying

Slowbro isnt a bad pokemon, even without Regeneration.
But i didnt express my point correctly: What diferenciates him, IN THE ASPECT YOU WERE DISCUSSING, from those grounded walls without instant recovery (Swampy, Forry, Ferro, Hippo, etc...), besided the neutrality to SR?

Slowbro isnt a bad pokemon, even without Regeneration.
But i didnt express my point correctly: What diferenciates him, IN THE ASPECT YOU WERE DISCUSSING, from those grounded walls without instant recovery (Swampy, Forry, Ferro, Hippo, etc...), besided the neutrality to SR?
Lack of lefties. The ability to phaze. The ability to rapid spin (though he CAN spinblock, which is nice for stall). And Hippo does, in fact, have instant recovery

So...

Is Substitute not a viable option on Eviolite Dusclops? I ask because not only would a sub prevent status/knock off problems, but it would also give you a turn to pain split on your own terms (by which I mean, with a known amount of health). This of course assumes that your opponent isn't packing an attack that hits multiple times. Then again (IIRC) all multiple-hitting attacks are physically based, so you can go ahead and run a Bold nature with max DEF/HP EV's and be a total beast since nothing can get through your sub that you don't laugh off after a WoW.

Am I way off base here?

This kinda reminds me of shuckle, only in exchange for leftovers and being much less invincible in sand you get pain split(lol, pain split shuckle), will-o-wisp, 100 hp damage move, attack stat that is weak rather than abysmal, spin blocking(dusclops has long made my nu team cry) and not being weak to stealth rocks. That's off the top of my head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)