Dusknoir TR Stall Set

This is my first post ever and I have no idea what I'm doing. I used this set on Battle Revolution wi-fi and it kicked ass. I've also used Dusknoir in OU and UU because it's one of my favorite pokemon so it went on my "fuck conformist tiers, I'm using my favorite pokemon" team. It went well 60% of the time and never disappointed me. Anyways, here it goes.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Staller
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Pain Split
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Earthquake/ Shadow Punch
item: Sitrus Berry
ability: Pressure
nature: Sassy/ Relaxed
evs: 4 Atk/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD

Comments:
Dusknoir makes a great check for pretty much any fast physical attacker in RU or UU. Basically, set up trick room on switches and then burn whatever comes out and pain split it to death. Sitrus berry makes switching in a LOT easier, turning 2KO's from opposing coverage moves into 3KO's, which Dusknoir can then pain split the little HP it survives with. This is one thing Dusclops cannot do in upper tiers. Sitrus berry is also used over leftovers because leftovers makes pain split counterproductive. That's also why there are no HP EV's on it. Pain split recovers a notable amount of HP with no HP EV's and even with HP EV's it makes it less bulky in the defense it doesn't invest in. If your opponent decides to switch, pain split will recover dusknoir almost completely, or screw with their head and make burning/setting up trick room up easier. Earthquake is used to kill nidoqueen, which can 2HKO (3KO with sitrus berry) dusknoir and doesn't get burned, but shadow punch can be used for weak STAB and hits slowking hard. Seismic toss is not used because it makes dusknoir's good base 100 attack go to waste.

This set is beat by moltres, charizard, rotom, lilligant, sigilyph, and maybe gorrebyss, sceptile, or crawdaunt. Pretty much any flying special attacker (which are rare).

A bulky, slow normal type make a good partner for dusknoir. In UU, snorlax is perfect because it can take any shadow ball and pursuit the offender, and Dusknoir can take close combat and burn the offender.

Replays of it in action:
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame8912114
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu9003583 (changed to dusclops here)

Not going to comment on the viability of this set (even if I don't really see it, I don't play RU enough to say), but sets should be formatted like described in the OP in this thread when they are posted.

Not going to comment on the viability of this set (even if I don't really see it, I don't play RU enough to say), but sets should be formatted like described in the OP in this thread when they are posted.
Oh thanks I just wanted to post the set though. Not trying to officially change dusknoir or anything.

Hey welcome to Smogon. Like melvni said, you should read the guidelines before posting. In addition, Dusknoir doesn't do very well in the metagame as it is, and I doubt this set's viability. Trick Room Dusknoir does not deserve a full set, sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)