Dusknoir (Waiting reservation approval) (Locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you exactly have grasped the expectations of Smogon at all. These movesets will be posted on-sight and this is pretty sub-par. To be honest, I doubt you've actually played with any of these due to the ineffectivity. If you actually tested them, you would probably notice. Sucker Punch is pretty weak with no attack investment and it's unreliable. You seem a littler newer to competitive battling, so maybe you can pass the analysis down to a more experienced writer/tester who is willing to put enough time and effort into this to make it the best possible. That's what I would do in your position at least.
Very wise, your mind is. Yes, I am a novice at this. (That doesn't mean I haven't done some competitive battling, just my battling skills are... unorthodox compared to original competitive battling.) OK. I'll try to pass it on to someone, yet I will keep trying to do the best with my analysis in this state.

FYI, sorry about the Trick Room set, but a power outage knocked out power before I could save. =(
I will work on the Trick Room set very carefully later. (Message will be deleted when Trick Room set is complete)
And as for this article, I said if someone reserves Dusknoir, I will pass on this article. If not....

Minor nitpick, this is an analysis. Remove all bolding in the analysis as well.

Please remove mentions of Memento or Destiny Bond on the first set, replacing them with Pain Split. Dusknoir is too slow to get any proper use out of Destiny Bond, and Memento is not viable in today's metagame. Pain Split is Dusknoir's best mode of recovery.

<p>For those hardcore pokemon trainers, you can try this hardcore moveset: (Curse/Pain Split or Payback/Mean Look/Substitute w/ 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD.)</p>
Language like this just irks the reader. This is not the language expected of an analysis which is supposed to go onsite. Please corrct the numerous other grammatical errors and language throughout this analysis.

Once again, I suggest you lurk a bit more. Read some proper analyses, battle other people, try improve your writing style, language in particular. This analysis needs a hell of a lot of improvement. Otherwise, I suggest that you pass on this analysis to someone who has better language and knowledge of the curent metagame required to write a proper analysis. I am sorry if this sounds redundant, but you definitely need to improve a lot.

name: Defensive Spin Blocker
move 1: Shadow Sneak
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Pain Split
move 4: Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Impish

This set deals with all the common spinners. Shadow Sneak for Starmie and STAB, Earthquake for Tentacruel and good coverage alongside Shadow Sneak. You can either choose Taunt to deal with Forretress so you aren't just set up bait, or Will-O-Wisp is good for general team support and crippling your opponent's physical attackers greatly. Pain Split is a given. A set like this should be the main set, as Dusknoir's main use is to spin block. You can fit 40 attack EVs in there somewhere to 2HKO Starmie 100% of the time with Shadow Sneak with Stealth rock down and 1 Life Orb recoil (246 Attack Shadow Sneak vs. 262 HP / 206 Def Starmie = a minimum of 39% damage. 39 + 39 + 10 (Life Orb) + 12 (Stealth Rock) = 100)

Thank you Shnoogle, you mind if I use that moveset?
Calm Pokemaster: Once again, I suggest you lurk a bit more. Read some proper analyses, battle other people, try improve your writing style, language in particular. This analysis needs a hell of a lot of improvement. Otherwise, I suggest that you pass on this analysis to someone who has better language and knowledge of the curent metagame required to write a proper analysis. I am sorry if this sounds redundant, but you definitely need to improve a lot.
With some thought, yes I will pass it on to someone, and I will keep checking back to see whether anyone reserves Dusknoir or not so that I can pass this analysis on to someone. Yet, I will continue to create the analysis, but only periodically. In this moment, there are too many variables to consider in these movesets (LO damage, SR and Spikes damage, damage calculation, etc.). I still appreciate the feedback, though.

If you abide in My Word...you are truly my disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free. (John 8:31-32)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)