Metaboss (Metagross) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Metagross has been my lead since I started playing competitively at the beginning of 4th Gen. Sets up Stealth Rock, Bullet punches for priority, EQ for power, Explosion to go out with a bang. Lately, I've found myself exploding off the bat to take out Politoeds, which I'm a tad worried about. His uses seem to be fading, but I'm not sure what I'd replace him with.

Skizer (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Rock Smash

In the past I've used Choice Band Scizor, but I always complained to myself about the lack of versatility. I like this Scizor much better. Hop in on something you resist, get off a Swords Dance, proceed to destroy (in most cases). Bullet Punch is obvious. Bug Bite is great STAB too and gets the Techni boost. At first I had Quick Attack in the last slot to add priority where BPunch couldn't get the job done. Didn't work so well, and I found myself in need of a Fighting type move. I considered Superpower, but I hate the stat decreases. I looked to Rock Smash, and it's been a huge success. It gets the boost from Technician to 60 BP and has that 50% to lower defense. That defense lower actually allows him to stay in against a Gliscor, although switching is still preferable if viable.

Draconix (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

I've used Flygon in the past, and it worked out well then. He's been less useful this time, but seems to get the job done most of the time. I'm looking to replace him, but not sure with what. I like his immunity to electricity, but all it's really good for is absorbing Thunder Waves, which Starmie already takes care of. STAB Dragon Claw and EQ is good, but for some reason that Dragon Claw never seems to be powerful enough when it counts. Rock Slide is great if it flinches, but that's only IF it flinches.

Nape (Infernape) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 92 Atk / 224 SAtk / 192 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

I love this guy. The spread I have puts him at 293 / 300 / 300. I've been considering figuring out how much SpA he needs to safely KO Skarmory and Ferrothorn and dropping it to there to increase speed, but not entirely sure if this is a good idea. Anyway, the Fire Blast + Close Combat combo rips through most common walls. For those annoying psychic walls, U-turn out to something that can deal with it. Grass Knot is there to deal with the likes of Swampert, Quagsire, and Gastrodon.

Genesis (Genesect) @ Leftovers
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

I got so fed up with these things that I had to try one out. I really like this set because after one boost, it's at +1 SpA / +2 Spe. I have found this to complement Scizor spectacularly in most situations. The BoltBeam combination is still incredible, and Flamethrower takes out opposing Genesects and pesky steels. It's incredible what this thing can do when it gets going.

Patrick (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is one of my favorite pokemon because it's amazing. Again with the BoltBeam, and a STAB Surf to boost. I always like having a Rapid Spinner, and Starmie is my favorite. Somehow, it always seems to be doing clean up if the sweepers die off. Its speed is incredible, and its moves grant it incredible versatility. It also absorbs status due to Natural Cure, which is great for tanking those burns meant for Scizor and paralysis meant for Genesect.

Some thoughts:
By and large, this team doesn't have too many difficulties. When it does, they hit it hard. Gimmicky rain teams give me plenty of difficulty. Heatrans are annoying. I often find myself struggling in the sun due to my two sweepers being doubly weak to fire. Thank you in advance for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)