1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dynamite Mafia - A Massive Explosion

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Thorns, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Thorns

Thorns

Geesthacht, Germany. The birthplace of dynamite - and the world capital of it. Seems everyone has some nitroglycerin everywhere. It's actually illegal for citizens to carry it - but that doesn't stop the Pyromaniacs from dealing it. But now, the Geesthacht Police Force have had enough. Two of their members have blended in with the Citizens, and combined they will rid Geesthacht of dynamite once and for all. Or will they?

Rules
    1. No deadtalking. No exceptions.
    2. You can paste logs from me, but no fakes.
    3. Each player has a generic role PM, shown below.
    4. Players are not allowed to talk during Night phases. Doing so means I blow you up.
    5. This game will begin on Night 1.
    6. YOU CANNOT TALK AT NIGHT SO DON'T DO IT EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT PLAYING OR DEAD DON'T DO IT
    7. During the Day, all players are free to talk.
    8. Instead of a lynch, players will be executed via dynamite. As soon as Day breaks, all players are free to light a match. To light a match, write I GOT A LIGHT, in bold, red, all caps, and underlined. If you don't match this criteria, you will fail to light a match. After 24 hours, any player may throw dynamite. However, to kill someone with dynamite, either the thrower or the victim must have a lit match. For example:
    Player Alpha has a lit match. Player Beta does not. Either player may throw dynamite at the other.
    Player Alpha has a lit match. Player Beta has a lit match. Either player may throw dynamite at the other.
    Player Alpha does not have a lit match. Player Beta does not have a lit match. Neither player may throw dynamite at the other.
    To throw dynamite, write BLOW UP USER, where user is a user. Again, it must be bolded, underlined, red and in all caps otherwise you'll just look stupid.
    When dynamite is thrown, both the thrower and the victim will die, and Night will fall. Be careful!
    9. All night PMs are to be sent to Thorns.
    10. Even if you are not using your power (lol), please send Night X - Idling to me anyway. If you have no role do not send a PM.
    11. Night will last 48 hours or until all PMs are in. Users have 24 hours to light a match during Day, and Day will not end until dynamite has been thrown.
    12. No items in the game.
    13. If you do not make a post during the day for three days in a row, you will be replaced. A PM will be sent after two days inactivity.
    14. Do not delete posts.

IN YOUR FIRST POST, POST A PICTURE OF FIRE. THIS IS TO PROVE YOU HAVE READ THE RULES. IF YOU DON'T YOU CANNOT LIGHT MATCHES OR THROW DYNAMITE.

Role PMs
    Player List
    Earthworm
    Puggy
    Team Aether
    Pidgeot79
    Dragonite24
    imperfectluck
    Pyromanic
    Phantasia
    Amelia
    Sikh Assassin
    Jedil
    asim
    KnightOfTheWind
    Stallion
    assassinfred
    Outlaw
    Chaos669
    Eo Ut Mortus
    SEO
    supermarth64

Subs
    Umbreon Dan
    Lesm46
    CardsOfTheHeart

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end 5:30 PM, AEST, Sunday 12th July. All Role PMs have been sent.
  2. Thorns

Thorns

Alive and kicking
    Earthworm
    Puggy
    Team Aether
    Pidgeot79
    Dragonite24
    imperfectluck
    Pyromanic
    Sikh Assassin
    Jedil
    asim
    Stallion
    assassinfred
    Eo Ut Mortus
    SEO

Ashes to ashes
    Phantasia, Citizen Of Geesthacht, godkilled Night 1
    Outlaw, Chief Of Police, burnt Night 1
    KnightoftheWind, Citizen of Geesthacht, blew up supermarth64, Citizen of Geesthacht Day 1
    Chaos669, Citizen of Geesthacht, godkilled Night 2
    Amelia, Citizen of Geesthacht, burnt Night 2
  3. Thorns

Thorns

Phantasia, Citizen of Geesthacht, godkilled Night 1.
    To clarify he admitted he deleted his post. Better to be honest - I won't ban you from my games. This is a lesson to all of you!
    It is still Night 1, Night 1 will end on 5:30 PM AEST Sunday 12th July, or when all PMs are received.
  4. Thorns

Thorns

Outlaw, Chief of Police, found dead with burn marks on his body, Night 1.

It is now Day 1. In the next 24 hours, you may light matches.
  5. Chaos669

Chaos669

[​IMG]

FUCK! Chief's dead?! Oh man, we're off to a bad start...

EDIT: Anyone have any idea who did this? Usually there's an inspector who may have got some information - even on N1 xD.
  6. asim

asim

Uh, pretty sure he was the inspector.

[​IMG]
  7. Chaos669

Chaos669

Wow. Shows I didn't read the examples...Well. We're fucked.
  8. Stallion

Stallion Winner of the "Smogon's Prettiest Girl of All Time" comp
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

[​IMG]

Guys we may be at a disadvantage but we are not fucked. This is why I am claiming already, because we NEED to be united right away if we are to stad a chance. Ok guys I am just an average Joe villager, no powers whatsoever. That part blows, but it at least makes my last of uniting the village easier as it doesn't matter that any mafioso know my role.

I am asking every one of you to claim to me, even if you do not trust me yet. (if silly thorns hadn't shown the role PMs in the main thread I'd have pasted it here myself), but if we do not unite we are fucked regardless as said earlier. It will be harder weeding out rats though cause Thorns pasted the PMs in the main once again, but I'll do my best I possibly can if you guys come to me early, especially the power roles.

Regards, Stallion.
  9. Thorns

Thorns

power role*

oh yeah no screenshots
    if you send me a screenshot of someone sending you a screenshot I'll kill you both
  10. Chaos669

Chaos669

Lol there's only one left now that our inspector is dead. Stallion, I don't think many people (me included) feel comfortable claiming this early in the game.
  11. Stallion

True Thorns.

And chaos, I totally understand that. It's just that it's now daytime, we have no clue as to who to lynch and the mafia can just pick off whoever every night. Normally you wouldn't claim this early in the game, you'd have an inspector clear someone whom everyone would claim to, making stuff easier. We don't have that luxury, and as I said it's gonna be hard to trust someone this early in the game, but we need to get our shit together soon if we even want a chance of winning this. It's shit that the inspector died before I could hook him up with the bg, but we must make do regardless. Also take into account that most of us are powerless as thorns said, and coupled with the mafia knowing each other and the villagers already means that there is a very small risk associated with claiming to me, as oppose to a pretty substantial gain.
  12. Chaos669

Chaos669

You make a point. I'll claim to you - sending you my role PM now.
  13. the pugilist

the pugilist
    is a Past WCoP Winner

[​IMG]

I am ready to flame
  14. Outlaw

Outlaw

Well that was fast. Yay for name killing!

I'm too old for this shit.
  15. Thorns

Thorns

look on the bright side you're priority 1 now!
  16. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

[​IMG]

With the inspector dead I guess that we're just going to have to blow up people and hope. My instinct isn't too bad though so all hope is not lost! I will contact Stallion shortly so that we can attempt to organise the village, I encourage everyone else to as well. The only way we can discover who is what now is to pressure people.
  17. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

[​IMG]

Experience shows that the first person overeager to claim village is usually the mafia. Stallion and Earthworm are acting very suspiciously and are probably in cohorts with each other. Everyone is going to claim villager of course anyways, so there's no real point in asking for people's role claims unless the bodyguard is somehow dumb enough to claim. They're trying to hooker naive people into claiming villager and getting a feel for who's a villager in order to ferret out the bodyguard(s) by process of elimination. Once again, no matter what you are, do NOT trust Stallion with information.
  18. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

Well I don't know if I should bother defending myself against that, but anyway if I was a mafia I would have namekilled imperfectluck and not Outlaw! The bodyguard should initially claim villager at first and only when the village leader directs an explosion against a mafia should they claim their real role to them. Protecting the village leader isn't such a bad idea unless you have reason to believe that they're a mafia though.

I don't know about Stallion, but I have a plan and I'll tell any other villager that contacts me what it is.
  19. Pidge

Pidge

Inspector dead on night one? That's some pretty fucked up shit.

[​IMG]
  20. Stallion

Imperfectluck, I would not have had outlaw killed if I was mafia, I have never even heard of him. And besides I never usually claim early, but I needed this shit organized. Trust Earthworm or even imperfectluck if you believe they are also villagers (although history also shows that players who say what IPL said are usually mafia, see WW3 mafia with Kumar's early claim of vill holding true being shot down by mafia Shiv or LonelyNess in Super Mario mafia claiming early being shot down by mafia tennisace). I just want us to be united if we are to have a chance. As I said earlier, what does anyone have to lose by claiming now. I have a feeling Ew is legit but do not to IPL, at least until you have claimed to either myself or Earthworm and one of us can sort out who is clean and who isn't.

Edit: Just read Ew's post, pretty much what he said. Bg shouldnt come out until one of us proves that we are legit by nailing a mafia, so hold up whoever you are.

I need bg protection btw tonight whoever you are, cause I'm afraid I'm on the chopping block for the next night.
  21. Earthworm

Earthworm

Also I forgot to mention this in my last post, but unless the mafia are people that like taking risks then the people discussing possibilities are more likely to be village than the people making idle comments (like Pidgeot79) or people not posting. The traits to look out for are probably people that are quick to defend themselves and don't post much otherwise, and not the people that welcome suspicion on themselves. However, obviously the mafia will try to feint this so we'll need to weed out the liars by looking for contradictions in their posts, etc.

The reason I defended myself was that it was harmful to have suspicion on me while I'm trying to organise the village and figure out how to kill a mafia today.
  22. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

Ok, it seems like nobody else will take the initiative so I will get things started. Oh, and Stallion, you're on the chopping block indeed, but not the mafia's, I'm afraid.

I GOT A LIGHT
  23. Stallion

Fuck you're stupid, i try and organize the village and you say i'm on the chopping block based on that. It wouldn't suprise me if you're mafia trying to react that rashly, but unlike you I'm not going to accuse you until I have legitimate evidence. I have my suspicions as to other mafia members based on who I've talked with and if I hit a mafia, then you'll really look stupid. In any case, killing me off at this stage would be a bad move no matter how you look at it.
  24. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

[​IMG]

The inspector is dead already? This mafia is going to get difficult. I'm claiming to Stallion. I'm rather suspicious of imperfectluck.
  25. the pugilist

the pugilist
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I GOT A LIGHT

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)