Eagle's Mainly Poetry Thread

awww thankyou <3

I'd like you to draw me a derpy-lookin' Grumpig please (Minecraft reference if possible)!

Also here's that avatar you wanted:

My MAC entry:

It's a little different to the one in the thread (the lamp), but that's to keep true to the contest's current theme.

*Spazzes* Ohmahgawd you do customs?! I would love either an Absol, Umbreon, or Giratina, if you could. Preferably with a dark color scheme. I dunno. Surprise me, I guess. That is, if you're still even taking customs. I know it looks like it's been a few months since there have been posts of that kind of art of yours here, but. I just found your thread, and your art is amazing with that static-y fuzzy look. I looooove it. ♥

Somehow forgot to add this to my thread. My second card for the project :P
I'm happy with the background, but I might redo those flimsy arms. Also RinaNichole, I'll get that done in around a week or so, I'm kinda busy atm. You like it pixel style, like my earlier work? I'll do that style then :D

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great card Eagle, love the background on it. One of my favourite cards in the project. Although I do think that about a lot of the cards, it's such a cool project.

Something doesn't like right about the hands though. I think it might shading? If you look at this image you'll see that the green things on his hands kind of shade his palm.

Eurgh I've been lazy.

Inspiration: What do you call a spanish donkey with a lawn on its back? A grassy ass! HAHAHAHHAHAHA

So yeah, this would've been my CAP5 art entry, what do you guys think?

Ugh Rina Nichole if you still want it I'll do your request for you this week-end (hopefully), sorry :(

Also good spot Corkscrew, will edit later.

EDIT: Mos brought this up on #smeargle so I guess I should post here, I used this as reference.

Ghost/Psychic Ludicolo for MAC

All requests are now closed, and any still pending will be finished when they open again. Sorry SnowPeashooters :(

I think I'll comment here.
I really like your concepts; they are both creative and a bit humorous at the same time.
As for improvements, your lineart still seems sloppy and wobbly so I think you should take your time with working on that for a while (I would sketch what you are drawing and then create another layer for lineart. Also, zooming in on the piece helps too [I normally zoom in at 400%]). Speaking of layers, I don't think you are using them because I could tell from the coloring overlapping the line and it gives your pieces a really rushed look. You can do this via layers (i.e. top layer is lineart and below it would be your coloring) and I think they will help you with your coloring.

I think I'll comment here.
I really like your concepts; they are both creative and a bit humorous at the same time.
As for improvements, your lineart still seems sloppy and wobbly so I think you should take your time with working on that for a while (I would sketch what you are drawing and then create another layer for lineart. Also, zooming in on the piece helps too [I normally zoom in at 400%]). Speaking of layers, I don't think you are using them because I could tell from the coloring overlapping the line and it gives your pieces a really rushed look. You can do this via layers (i.e. top layer is lineart and below it would be your coloring) and I think they will help you with your coloring.
Thanks for the feedback! I suppose I should create layers more often, I don't really know why I ignore them. I did sketch what I was drawing, but using a mouse for lineart is exceedingly tedious, so that's probably why it looks rushed. Admittedly, I could've spent more time for lineart, so I'll try to improve on that.

Hello all, and welcome to my 1K! I'm not gonna make a big thing out of this, I'm just gonna say that I've loved my time at Smogon and even though it's been a rocky road and I've been a pain in the ass for a lot of it, I feel that I've generally improved as a user :)

Battlestar: Thanks for getting me in your group, for liking my artwork and for generally being a great guy!
CBMeadow: Thanks for helping me during the earlier stages of my time at Smogon and producing wonderful artwork
Celever: Thanks for being an awesome guy over at orangeislands!
DHR: Thanks for helping me out in CAP, and being a swell guy to talk to :)
elcheeso: Honestly I don't know why I'm giving you a shout out, you like Jynx ugh
Kadew: Thanks for being a great gal to talk to in #cap, helping me out with getting more involved in Smogon and for producing some splendid and floofy artwork (also your sense of humour is great).
Lightwolf: Thanks for being a great help in mafia and being awesome to talk to.
Megados: Thanks for everything to do with Smogcraft, including tolerating my pranks and making me enjoy my time on the server.
More Cowbell: Thanks for a bunch of things to do with mafia, including hosting that awesome Twilight game!
nov: Thanks for producing the best artwork I've seen in Smeargle's Studio (At least in my opinion) :P
paintseagull: Thanks for helping out a lot in #cap and motivating me to improve as a user!
Quanyails: I have a lot to thank you for :) Thanks for helping me out in #cap, critiquing and improving my submissions, being a great gal to talk to, and for helping me out with the extreme makeover contest.
Valentine: Thanks for everything in smogcraft :)

Apologies if I've missed anybody out.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Two things

Looks good but in my opinion the pinecone should be the only thing in focus; to me having some ground in focus makes the rest of the ground look really really blurred.

Also the cake picture makes me feel sick it's so real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)