Easy way to level up your Pokemon to Lvl 100 in-game

So, I know that a recent debate going around Smogon has been whether we should use the auto level 50 or allow level 100 Pokemon in Wifi. For those of you who support the latter and want an easy method to leveling up your Pokemon to level 100, have no fear! This video, provided by my friend Elina (MootyPwns) and method provided by my friend Nick (SuperBlah411), gives you an incredibly easy method to level up your Pokemon!

If you need to make money to afford the cost of the Pokemon in the daycare, you can simply farm the Battle Chateau with an Amulet Coin, which easily can provide the money you need in order to pay for your Pokemon.

the way i'm using right now to level pokes is double battles in restaurant le wow. Turn on exp. power before you start. It also gives you a lot of money.

the way i'm using right now to level pokes is double battles in restaurant le wow. Turn on exp. power before you start. It also gives you a lot of money.
This method is meant as an afk method. You can do this overnight by leaving your game on, hence why it's an incredibly easy method.

Minor, but the person in the video would end up with a Lv100 Speed Boost Torchic if left on without being checked regularly. :pirate: Still a good method for fully evolved Pokémon.
True, which is why it's good to mention that this method is definitely preferred for fully-evolved Pokemon haha.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Instead of tape, I recommend something like a clamp or a clothes pin to mash down your arrow button.

You can expect to gain about 50,000 experience per real-life hour doing this.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm pretty sure doing this kinda fucks up your D-Pad making the button you held down unreponsive or something.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
This is why tape is recommended, since it doesn't add the same amount of pressure that can fuck up the D-pad
It's the fact that the button will be held down in the same position for so long that makes it unresponsive I think which is why this method as a whole kinda messes with your D-Pad. It probably does have something to do with the pressure on it as well but even so the tape will worsen the D-Pad somewhat.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Use a C-clamp. You can adjust the pressure to only what is necessary to do the job, and nothing more. Put electrical tape on the ends of the clamp to lessen the wear on the contact points on your DS.

Applying pressure on the D-pad doesn't wear it down as long as there isn't excessive pressure. You get more wear and tear from normal use.

Personally, I prefer to put a coin in the circle pad, its relatively easy and accessible. A dime would be the best coin to use.

This can also be used to hatch eggs VERY fast, just collect six eggs and go spinning, it takes a very short amount of time, just click A and go through nicknaming and stuff then continue :)

Also, I use a Pencil to keep the button to the left :o

Yeah this is great for leveling up things like Volcarona or Hydreigon, who take FOREVER to evolve and are mostly useless until then.. Carefully wedging a dime between the circle pad is perfect and doesn't overstress anything.

Last edited:
Yeah this is great for leveling up things like Volcarona or Hydreigon, who take FOREVER to evolve and are mostly useless until then. Only problem I have is re-teaching them egg moves if they get overridden. Still haven't figured out where I go for that.

But yeah, carefully wedging a dime between the circle pad is perfect and doesn't overstress anything.

Go to Dendemille Town, the Move Relearner is there.

For the record, this method works great for maxing happiness too! Just give the 'mon a Soothe Bell and go for a spin. Great for evolving some babies for IV breeding!

I'm currently doing it with the dime under the analogic pad. Is that less harmful to the console than the ones that press on the D-pad?

Daaaaang I never thought of doing this. Imma go throw my Talonflame and Diggersby up in there and slam some tape on my D-Pad. For some reason I'm not willing to do that to my Anologue Pad, though, just cause it seems more harmful.

Bah, the easiest way to level up is to ship away non perfect pokémon to Wonder Trade. You'll get enough Pokémiles to get Rare Candies enough to level the Pokémon up 'till level 100 after EVing.

I like this idea, though I'm not sure I want to leave the d-pad held down the whole time. I'll try it out anyways. Thank you for the tip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)