Eelektross (Analysis)

The set should have 4 Special Defense EVs, not Defense. You got that mixed up. Having higher defense would make the Downloader increase its Special Attack.
From the ability database:
If this Pokémon is switched into an opponent with higher Defense than Special Defense, it gets a +1 Special Attack boost. If the opponent has more Special Defense, this Pokémon gets a +1 Attack boost. If the opponent has equal defenses, this Pokémon gets a +1 Special Attack boost.

The set should have 4 Special Defense EVs, not Defense. You got that mixed up. Having higher defense would make the Downloader increase its Special Attack.
From the ability database:
Physical priority attacks are more common than Download. Either way, those 4 EVs aren't that vital making this a ridiculous argument.

Physical priority attacks are more common than Download. Either way, those 4 EVs aren't that vital making this a ridiculous argument.
This isn't good reasoning. Even if Download users are rarer than physical priority moves, the increase of damage from physical priority moves is negligable whilst the increase of damage from Download users is staggering, and probably enough to threaten a OHKO from something like Genesect or Porygon-Z where there normally might not be one. The EVs should go in special defense.

Hm, is HP Fighting worth a slash on the Acid Spray set? Due to Excadrill's Ground/Steel typing, it is immune to both Acid Spray and Thunderbolt, while I cannot see Flamethrower dealing enough damage to threaten it. Using HP Fighting allows it to be a counter by placing it over Grass Knot, as I cannot think of any Ground types that are too common save for Gastrodon and Hippowdon, or HP Ice.
However, feel free to mark my reasoning as incorrect as I don't have damage calcs on me, but it is just a consideration given how amazingly common that Mole is.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hm, is HP Fighting worth a slash on the Acid Spray set? Due to Excadrill's Ground/Steel typing, it is immune to both Acid Spray and Thunderbolt, while I cannot see Flamethrower dealing enough damage to threaten it. Using HP Fighting allows it to be a counter by placing it over Grass Knot, as I cannot think of any Ground types that are too common save for Gastrodon and Hippowdon, or HP Ice.
However, feel free to mark my reasoning as incorrect as I don't have damage calcs on me, but it is just a consideration given how amazingly common that Mole is.
Flamethrower deals more damage than Hidden Power Fighting. Unless Excadrill is confident in +2 Return or Rock Slide flinches, it has no business against eelectross either. The Hidden Power could also be better coverage-wise.

Simple math: HP Fighting = 70 base power * 2 super effective against DAT MOLE = 140 base power

while Flamethrower = 95 base power * 2 super effective against it = 190 base power

I'm sorry, I forgot that Ground didn't resist Fire for a second. Thanks.
Overall, I am very happy to see one of the coolest looking new Unova Pokemon acclaim a rightful spot in the OU tier. I'm going to test every set out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)