Eelektross [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

I gotta fEELing

[Overview]

<p>Eelektross is undoubtedly one of the scariest Pokemon for a defensive team to face, and it's not surprising why this is so; with excellent attacking stats, an expansive offensive movepool with great coverage options, and a slow Volt Switch and U-turn, it can be both unpredictable and incredibly difficult to wall. On top of that, Eelektross's bulk allows it to take a few hits, and it has no weaknesses that opposing teams can prey upon. Unfortunately, more offensive teams can typically make it hard for Eelektross to do its job, as in spite of its lack of weaknesses, it has very few resistances, and because of its poor Speed, it's not very difficult to outpace it.</p>

[SET]
name: Eebeltross
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Giga Drain
item: Expert Belt
ability: Levitate
nature: Rash
evs: 140 Atk / 244 SAtk / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes advantage of Eelektross's great mixed attacking stats and fantastic coverage in order to break through nearly every wall and tank in NU. With this set, Eelektross can also serve as an effective lure; if you need to take out a special wall to open up a sweep later on, you can use special attacks to bait the opponent into bringing it in, then to take it out with Superpower. Thunderbolt is used on this set as Eelektross's most powerful and reliable STAB and helps it take on bulky Water-types, such as Alomomola and Mantine. Superpower helps make Eelektross very difficult to wall; most Pokemon that can take a hit from the special side don't want to take a strong physical attack, and many of the tier's special walls are weak to Fighting-type attacks. Flamethrower is used for additional coverage to help beat Grass-types, such as Tangela and Vileplume, which would wall this set otherwise. Finally, Giga Drain is used as a way of beating the Ground-types that can switch into a Thunderbolt, and it provides a form of recovery for Eelektross.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread for this set allows Eelektross to outspeed minimum Speed Alomomola and KO it before it can use Toxic and to 2HKO common special walls such as Regice, Lickilicky, Audino, and Zweilous. A bulkier spread of 112 HP / 140 Atk / 248 SpA / 8 Spe can be used to help take hits better if you are less concerned about outpacing some of the walls that the set aims to beat. Expert Belt is the ideal item choice, as it can help Eelektross bluff a Choice Specs set better while also maintaining its vitality throughout the battle. A Life Orb can be used to 2HKO Altaria without Stealth Rock, but it has little use otherwise.</p>

<p>Finding partners for this set isn't very difficult; basically anything that appreciates the opponent's walls and tanks eliminated enjoys working with Eelektross. Examples of such Pokemon include Ludicolo, Carracosta, and Jynx. Eelektross does appreciate some assistance from its team members as well. Spikes support can help it attain the 2HKO against opposing Piloswine and Roselia, as well as the OHKO against specially defensive Seismitoad. Scolipede, Roselia, and Garbodor are all effective users of the move, and Eelektross can take Flying-type attacks aimed at the first two as well as Ground-type attacks aimed at the third. Stealth Rock support is also helpful, as it can bring certain Pokemon, such as Articuno, Lapras, and Regice, down to a range where Eelektross can OHKO them. Both Golem and Seismitoad can set up Stealth Rock while maintaining offensive momentum. Finally, while uncommon, this set still struggles against Dragon-types, such as Altaria, Shelgon, and Dragonair. Jynx can outspeed all of these Pokemon—the last two even after a Dragon Dance if they are running their standard bulky spreads—and take them out with Ice Beam.</p>

[SET]
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Volt Switch
move 2: Giga Drain
move 4: Thunderbolt
item: Choice Specs / Leftovers
nature: Modest
evs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set uses Eelektross's fantastic special movepool and great Special Attack stat to become a hard-hitting attacker. Volt Switch allows it to serve as a slow scout in order to keep up offensive momentum and bring fast, frail teammates to the field safely. Because of STAB and Eelektross's above average Special Attack, Volt Switch will also hit many Pokemon for solid damage. Giga Drain offers Eelektross a way of defeating Ground-types that keep it from using Volt Switch, and it provides a form of recovery. Grass-types also keep Eelektross from spamming its STAB moves; Flamethrower is a way of handling them and alleviating this issue. Finally, Thunderbolt gives Eelektross a more powerful and reliable STAB to spam when scouting is unnecessary, such as when it finds itself facing bulky special walls.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread used invests fully in Special Attack with enough Speed EVs to outspeed Tangela in order to avoid a Sleep Powder. The rest of the EVs are used in HP in order to further augment Eelektross's good bulk. Choice Specs is the primary item of choice, giving Eelektross the additional power it needs in order to beat out many of the bulkier Pokemon in NU, but Leftovers can be used if you desire the ability to switch up moves and stick around longer in the game. Expert Belt is a perfectly viable option as well, giving Eelektross a bit more power and allowing it to switch up moves. Hidden Power Ice can be used over Giga Drain if you would like a better way of handling Dragon-type Pokemon without giving up the ability to beat Ground-types, but be aware that you'll lose out on super effective coverage against Thick Fat Piloswine and Seismitoad as well as the recovery that Giga Drain provides. Finally, Acid Spray can be used over either Thunderbolt or Volt Switch as a way of taking down some of the bulkier special walls in the tier.</p>

<p>There are many different Pokemon that partner well with this set. Swellow, Zangoose, and Ursaring all appreciate Eelektross's slow Volt Switch, which helps bring them in safely to activate their status orbs. Other users of Volt Switch and U-turn also pair well with this set, as they can overwhelm the opponent with offensive momentum and give them as few free turns as possible. Primeape, Swellow, Probopass, and most Electric-type Pokemon can all work alongside Eelektross for this reason. Any user of Volt Switch or U-turn appreciates entry hazard support as well due to its ability to force switches; Eelektross is no exception to this. Scolipede is a great offensive Spikes user, and Golem, Golurk, and Seismitoad are all great offensive Stealth Rock users. Because Eelektross struggles against some of the special walls in the tier, Fighting-types work well alongside it. Gurdurr and Sawk are good examples of this, as they can both beat Lickilicky, Audino, Bastiodon, and Probopass fairly easily.</p>

[SET]
name: Physical Attacker
move 1: U-turn
move 2: ThunderPunch
move 3: Superpower / Drain Punch
move 4: Aqua Tail
item: Choice Band / Expert Belt
nature: Adamant
evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a physical set, Eelektross can use its great physical movepool and attacking prowess to muscle through many of the tier's bulkiest Pokemon. U-turn is the first move on this set, and it gives Eelektross a fantastic way to gain momentum for the team. Unlike Volt Switch, only one Pokemon—Shedinja—is immune to U-turn. On top of that, Grass-types are the most common types of Pokemon to switch into Eelektross, and U-turn can deal some solid damage to many of them. ThunderPunch is used as a reliable choice for STAB with a handy chance of paralyzing opponents. Superpower is used for its great power, but if the stat drops are unappealing, Drain Punch is a viable alternative that gives Eelektross a form of recovery. Finally, Aqua Tail hits Ground-type Pokemon that keep Eelektross from using its STAB hard.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs on this set are used to outspeed Alomomola, with the rest thrown into Attack and HP for added power and bulk. Choice Band is the first item choice on this set, as it cannot rely on super effective coverage as well as other sets can, but Expert Belt can still be used in order to lure in Ground-type Pokemon and hit them with Aqua Tail. Crunch is a decent option over Aqua Tail as it gives Eelektross a way of hitting certain Grass-type Pokemon, such as Exeggutor and Vileplume, for good damage, and it has near perfect coverage alongside its choice of Fighting-type attack. However, keep in mind that Eelektross would rather just U-turn against these Pokemon anyway. Wild Charge might seem like a better choice than ThunderPunch, but if you use it, Eelektross will suffer heavy recoil against Alomomola.</p>

<p>Even with Aqua Tail, certain Ground-type Pokemon, such as Torterra and Seismitoad, can cause problems for Eelektross; Jynx and Serperior are good options to take care of them. Pokemon with great physical bulk, such as Tangela and Vileplume, can be very difficult for Eelektross to beat. Strong special attackers, such as Charizard and Exeggutor, have little problems against them. Frailer offensive Pokemon love being able to come in with ease, and Eelektross's slow U-turn gives them this opportunity. Swellow, Ursaring, and Zangoose can all capitalize upon free chances to get into battle and activate their status orbs. Finally, Spikes and Stealth Rock support is very appreciated, as U-turn allows Eelektross to force many switches. Scolipede is a great offensive Spikes user, and Golem, Golurk, and Seismitoad are all great offensive Stealth Rock users.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Despite its expansive movepool, most of Eelektross's best options have already been covered. Coil is probably the most viable other option, and using it with an EV spread of 248 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 124 Spe with an Adamant nature allows Eelektross to outspeed Alomomola and retain some good offensive capabilities without a boost. The problem with a Coil set is that its few resistances make it difficult to find opportunities to set up. Eelektross is usually much better off using its great mixed attacking stats to hit hard right off the bat. For the same reason, Charge Beam is generally an inferior choice. If you are considering a Coil set, Zap Cannon might seem like a good option, but Eelektross prefers to use the Attack boosts to its advantage over the accuracy boosts. Acrobatics is an interesting option to help Eelektross beat Grass-type Pokemon, but the lack of an item needed to use it to full effect is unappealing. Rock Slide is another option, but its coverage is a bit redundant with Eelektross's STAB, and its flinch chance will rarely come in handy because of Eelektross's low Speed. Knock Off can be used on any of Eelektross's sets to cause problems for the Pokemon that switch in to wall it. Finally, Thunder Wave and Toxic can be good options to hinder the Pokemon it cannot beat on its own.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Eelektross is a Pokemon that is incredibly difficult to counter, as it is so strong and unpredictable. The easiest way to defeat Eelektross is to try and keep up offensive pressure against the opponent's team and never give it a free switch. If this is not possible, you might be forced to revenge kill it with strong attackers, such as Sawk and Charizard. With Mold Breaker, Sawk, Rampardos, and Pinsir can also use Earthquake to hit Eelektross for super effective damage. Probably the only true counters to any Eelektross set are Dragonair and Shelgon, as it rarely carries a move to hit them for super effective damage and the coverage moves it has to hit them with generally won't hit hard enough to take them out. Meanwhile, both of these Pokemon can set up Dragon Dances against it and later Rest to recover the damage they've taken.</p>

<p>Outside of trying to counter every set with one Pokemon, each individual set has its own checks and counters. Camerupt, Ampharos, and Zweilous all wall the special set very well. Lickilicky and Audino also do well against the special set, as they can come in on any move and either stay in to wall non-Choice Specs variants or pivot out into a better check against Choice Specs variants. Additionally, Fraxure can set up against the special set, though it doesn't appreciate taking a Choice Specs Thunderbolt. As for the physical set, Torterra, Tangela, Vileplume, and Seismitoad can all take it on relatively well. Still, all of them but Tangela don't appreciate taking repeated U-turns. Finally, the mixed set is incredibly difficult to wall, as very few Pokemon can survive two consecutive hits. One of the only viable Pokemon that can do this is Altaria, which can survive a Thunderbolt after Stealth Rock and Roost to recover the damage it took. Misdreavus can also survive one Thunderbolt, but it can't do much back to Eelektross.</p>

Skeleton: http://pastebin.com/eQgUj4qQ

I'll edit this post later with my suggestions, this is just gonna be a bit of a brainstorm right now. Most of this will be on EVs for ACs, since Eel is so damn fun to EV and has so many spreads to choose from depending on what's important

Mixed Wallbreaker

Right since this set is mainly focusing on wallbreaking, it might be useful to have an EV spread that outspeeds the walls. The HP EVs are good and well, but a spread of 140 Atk / 244 SAtk / 124 Spe maintains the 2HKOs on Zweilous and Lickilicky, but outspeeds minimum Alomomola. I know they generally don't stay in on Eel in the first place, but it's an important benchmark to hit should they think you'e choiced when you Superpower a target. It also outspeeds Tangela which is a tad more important, as it can otherwise Sleep Poweder you. Tying with the common Golurk spread is also important as it means you can Giga Drain it. Should probably get an AC mention.

Coil

Coil is a strange set no doubt, but Crunch or Aqua Tail are probably more important than Dragon Tail. Getting walled by the most common Pokemon in the tier is not fun, especially when it outspeeds and can Dynamic Punch you. I sound like a broken record but I'd still again run 124 Speed on this set, and possibly even 36 Defense EVs to guarantee that Alomomola cannot break your +0 Substitute with Waterall. Alomomola is an excellent Pokemon to set up on, and it would not do for it to Toxic you before you can throw up a Substitute. My proposed EV spread is then 248 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 124 Spe with an Adamant nature, or a Careful nature with the 100 EVs thrown into SDef. I'd prefer Adamant though, as you then have a great 320 Attack stat, which means that you can actually dish out some pain without needing to set up, and works well with the additional Speed.

Choice Band

The EVs seem fine for this. I asked you to add it because I've always found it to be
1) highly effective at luring out specially defensive Pokemon
2) an excellent pivot, as nothing is immune to U-Turn, unlike Volt Switch, and it makes it an excellent way to activate the Toxic Orb on something such as Swellow and Zangoose. The former also has a lot of trouble with Pokemon such as Golem, Probopass and Alomomola, Pokemon which Eelektross can all dispose of as well as generally softening the opposing team up for a Swellow cleanup. The U-Turn combo between the two is also marvelous.
3) You know, Expert Belt could also be used on this physical set (AC mention, it's a really fantastic item on Eelektross). Once the opponent sees Wild Charge they'll scramle to send their Golem in, which they almost never do on specially based sets. Golem can then be slapped away with Aqua Tail. Expert Belt Wild charge also always 2HKOs Alomomola even without Stealth Rock, which is cool.

i think the CB set should be 3rd, before Coil. It's highly effective as a pivot and for getting orb mons in for free. I also believe expert belt should be in AC of the special attacker set.

Also Cherub's EV spreads are good. I think the Adamant Coil one is the one that should be used!

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have two sets the may merit inclusion, if not at least mention in AC

name: Offensive Coil
move 1: Coil
move 2: Wild Charge
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Crunch / Aqua Tail
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

The difference between this set and the other Coil set is the Speed. Very, very few people expect Eelektross to be running 252 Speed so you can often catch them by surprise. With it, Eelektross outspeeds uninvested base 80s. Eelektross is also strong enough that it doesn't need more than one Coil to do massive damage to most of the metagame.

name: ParaShuffler
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Roar / Dragon Tail
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Giga Drain / Volt Switch
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Eelektross is unique in the sense that it is one of the very few Electric-types that can phaze. This makes it an excellent parashuffler.

Treecko is a cutie :3

well I can't edit the topic atm, but this is ready for QC
also draco is cute :3
also zeb and ras and I pretty much all agreed that for now, Coil should be OO. it's eel's worst "good" set and if we need to come back to it later and add it in, we certainly can.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't mind fun set names, I only kill fun in the Overview. No fun killing for me today tho.

On CB ThunderPunch > Wild Charge. ThunderPunch gets all the KOes that Wild Charge gets but doesn't cause Eelektross to kamikaze vs Alomomola. I would put Wild Charge in AC for the extra power, but mention that it makes you kill yourself vs Alomomola. CB Eelektross heavy weight Annoyer can vouch for this.

QC Approved 1/3

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

Eelektross' bulk isn't modest, but it's not like 85/80/80 defenses are going to let it take too many hits either. I would probably say "Eelektross' bulk is decent enough to take a couple of hits" or something like that.

[Checks and Counters]

Make a mention that Mold Breaker Sawk, Rampardos, and Pinsir all have Earthquake to actually hit it super-effectively (though none of them can switch in safely).

Good job Treecko! :toast:

qc approved [3/3]

[Overview]

Eelektross' bulk isn't modest, but it's not like 85/80/80 defenses are going to let it take too many hits either. I would probably say "Eelektross' bulk is decent enough to take a couple of hits" or something like that.

[Checks and Counters]

Make a mention that Mold Breaker Sawk, Rampardos, and Pinsir all have Earthquake to actually hit it super-effectively (though none of them can switch in safely).

Good job Treecko! :toast:

qc approved [3/3]
I said "On top of that, Eelektross's bulk is not modest, and it has no weaknesses that opposing teams can prey upon."
:p edit: oof these emotes are bad

Thanks for the stamp though! Added the second part to C&C!

oh, I see what you're saying. I thought you were saying that I made it sound like his bulk sucks when it's not bad. I gotcha though, I'll edit to reflect that. :)

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
No weaknesses :eek:

GP Check

ADD
REMOVE
COMMENTS

Diff said:
[Overview]

<p>Eelektross is undoubtedly one of the scariest Pokemon for a defensive team to face, and it's not surprising why this is so; with excellent mixed attacking stats, an expansive offensive movepool with great coverage options, and a slow Volt Switch or U-turn, it can be both unpredictable and incredibly difficult to wall. On top of that, Eelektross's bulk allows it to take a few hits, and it has no weaknesses that opposing teams can prey upon. Unfortunately, more offensive teams can typically make it hard for Eelektross to do its job, as in spite of its lack of weaknesses, it has very few resistances, and because of its poor Speed, it's not very difficult to outpace it.</p>

[SET]
evs: 140 Atk / 244 SpAtk / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Eelektross's most successful set allows it to play the role of a mixed wallbreaker. This set takes advantage of Eelektross's great mixed attacking stats and fantastic coverage in order to break through nearly every wall and tank in NU. With this set, Eelektross can also serve as an effective lure; if you need to take out a special wall to open up a sweep later on, you can use special attacks to bait the opponent into bringing ittheir special wall in, (AC) just to take it out with Superpower. Thunderbolt is used on this set as Eelektross's most powerful and reliable STAB, and it helps it take on bulky Water-types, such as Alomomola and Mantine. Superpower helps make Eelektross sovery difficult to wall; most of the Pokemon that can take a hit from the special side don't want to take a strong physical attack, and many of the tier's special walls are weak to Fighting-type attacks. Flamethrower is used for additional coverage to help beat the many Grass-types, such as Tangela and Vileplume, which co would wall the resis set of therwiset. Finally, Giga Drain is used as a way of beating the Ground-types that can switch into a Thunderbolt, (AC) and to provide a form of Rrecovery for Eelektross.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread for this set allows Eelektross to outspeed minimum Speed Alomomola and KO it before it can use Toxic, (AC) and to 2HKO common special walls, such as Regice, Lickilicky, Audino, and Zweilous. A bulkier spread of 112 HP / 140 Atk / 248 SpAtk / 8 Spe can be used to help take hits better if you are less concerned about outpacing some of the tier's walls that theis set aims to beat. Expert Belt is the ideal choice in item, as it can help Eelektross bluff a Choice Specs set better while also maintaining its vitality throughout the battle, (RC) and a. (AP) A Life Orb only helpscan be used to achieve the 2HKO against Altaria without Stealth Rock, (AC) although it has little use otherwise.</p>

<p>Finding partners for this set isn't very difficult; basically anything that appreciates the opponent's walls and tanks to be eliminated enjoys working with this mixed set. Examples of these Pokemon include Ludicolo, Carracosta, and Jynx. Eelektross does appreciate some helpaid (You use the word "help" at the very beginning of the following sentence, making it repetitive.) from its team members as well. Spikes support can help it attain the 2HKO against opposing Piloswine and Roselia, as well as the OHKO against specially defensive Seismitoad. Scolipede, Roselia, and Garbodor are all effective users of the move, and Eelektross can take Flying-type attacks aimed at the first two, (AC) as well as Ground-type attacks aimed at Garbodor. Stealth Rock support is also helpful, as it can help bring certain Pokemon, such as Articuno, Lapras, and Regice, down to a range where Eelektross can OHKO them. Both Golem and Seismitoad can both set up Stealth Rock while maintaining offensive momentum. Finally, this set does still struggles against the occasional Dragon-types, such as Altaria, Shelgon, and Dragonair. Jynx can outspeed all of these Pokemon&mdash;the secondlast two even after a Dragon Dance&mdash;and take them out with Ice Beam.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set uses Eelektross's fantastic special movepool and great Special Attack setat to its advantage, playing as a hard-hitting attacker. In addition to its ability to become a hard-hit extremely hard,ting attacker. (I removed the first part of this sentence because it was getting the same mention in the following sentence.) Volt Switch allows it to serve as a slow scout in order to keep up offensive momentum and bring fast, frail teammates to the field safely. ComingBecause off of it STAB and Eelektross's base 105 Special Attack and thanks to its STAB, Volt Switch will also hit many Pokemon for solid damage. Giga Drain offers Eelektross a way of defeating Ground-types that keep it from using Volt Switch, and it provides a form of recovery. Grass-types also keep Eelektross from spamming its STAB moves; Flamethrower is a way of handling them and alleviating this issue. Finally, Thunderbolt gives Eelektross a more powerful and reliable STAB to spam when scouting is unnecessary, such as when it finds itself facing bulky special walls.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread used invests fully in Special Attack with enough Speed EVs to outspeed Tangela in order to avoid a Sleep Powder. The rest of the EVs are used in HP in order to further augment Eelektross's good bulk. Choice Specs is the primary item of choice, giving Eelektross the additional power it needs in order to beat out many of the bulkier Pokemon in NU, but Leftovers can be used if you desire the ability to switch up moves and stick around longer in the game. However, Expert Belt is a perfectly viable option that gives Eelektross a bit more power and still givealso lets it a way to switch up moves. Hidden Power Ice can be used over Giga Drain if you would like a better way of handling Dragon-type Pokemon while retaining the ability to beat Ground-types, but be aware that, (AC) you'll lose out on super effective coverage against Thick Fat Piloswine and Seismitoad, as well as the recovery that Giga Drain provides. Finally, Acid Spray can be used over either Thunderbolt or Volt Switch as a way of taking down some of the bulkier special walls in the tier.</p>

<p>There are many different Pokemon that partner well with this set. Swellow, Zangoose, and Ursaring all appreciate Eelektross's slow Volt Switch, which helps bring them in safely to activate their status orbs. Other users of Volt Switch and U-turn also pair well with this set, as they can overwhelm the opponent with offensive momentum and give them a few free turns. Primeape, Swellow, Probopass, and most Electric-type Pokemon can all work alongside Eelektross for this reason. Any user of Volt Switch or U-turn appreciates hazard support as well due to their ability to force switches so well; Eelektross is no exception to this. Scolipede is a great offensive Spikes user, and Golem, Golurk, and Seismitoad are all great offensive Stealth Rock users. Because Eelektross can struggles against many of the special walls in the tier, Fighting-types work well alongside it. Gurdurr and Sawk are good examples of this, as they can both beat Lickilicky, Audino, Bastiodon, and Probopass fairly easily.</p>

[SET]
move 2: ThunderpPunch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a physical set, Eelektross finds itself using its great physical movepool and attacking prowess to muscle through many of the tier's bulkiest Pokemon. With an expansive moovpool, Eelektross's coverage is fantastic. (Already mentioned in the previous sentence.) U-turn is the first move on this set, and it gives Eelektross a fantastic way to gain momentum for the team. Unlike Volt Switch, only one Pokemon&mdash;Shedinja&mdash;is immune to U-turn. On top of that, Grass-types are some of the most common types of Pokemon to switch into Eelektross, and U-turn can deal some solid damage to many of them. ThunderpPunch is used as a reliable choice in STAB with a handy chance of paralyzing opponents. Superpower is used for its great power, but if the stat drops are unappealing, Drain Punch is a viable alternative that gives Eelektross a form of recovery. Finally, Aqua Tail can hit Ground-type Pokemon that keep Eelektross from using its STAB.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs on this set are used to outspeed Alomomola, with the rest thrown into Attack and HP for added power and bulk, respectively. Choice Band is the first choice of item on this set asince it cannot rely on super effective coverage as well as other sets can, but Expert Belt can still be used in order to lure in Ground-type Pokemon and hit them with Aqua Tail. Crunch is a decent option over Aqua Tail, as it gives Eelektross a way of hitting certain Grass-type Pokemon, such as Exeggutor or Vileplume, for good damage, (AC) and has near perfect coverage along its choice in Fighting-type attack. Keep in mind if you do decide to use Crunch that Eelektross would often rather just U-turn against these Pokemon anyways. Wild Charge may seem like a better alternative to ThunderpPunch, but if you use it, Eelektross will suffer from heavy recoil against Alomomola.</p>

<p>There are some Pokemon that can cause problems for this set. (Fluff) Even with Aqua Tail, certain Ground-type Pokemon, such as Torterra and Seismitoad, can cause problems for Eelektross. (RP); <semi> Jynx and Serperior are good options to take care of them. Pokemon with great physical bulk, such as Tangela, Seismitoad, and Vileplume, can be very difficult for Eelektross to beat. Strong special attackers, such as Charizard and Exeggutor, have little problems against them. Frailer offensive Pokemon love being able to come in with ease, and Eelektross's slow U-turn gives them this opportunity. As such, Swellow, Ursaring, and Zangoose can all capitalize upon this while also getting the chance to activate their status orbs upon entry. Finally, Spikes and Stealth Rock support are very appreciated, asince U-turn allows Eelektross to force many switches. Again, Scolipede is a great offensive Spikes user, and Golem, Golurk, and Seismitoad are all great offensive Stealth Rock users.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Despite its expansive movepool, most of Eelektross's best options have already been covered. Coil is probably the most viable other option, and an EV spread of 248 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 124 Spe with an Adamant nature allows Eelektross to outspeed Alomomola and retain some good offensive capabilities without a boost. The problem with a Coil set is that its few resistances makes it difficult to find opportunities to set up. Eelektross is often much better off using its great mixed attacking stats to hit hard right off the bat. For thise same reason, Charge Beam is often an inferior choice. If you are considering a Coil set, Zap Cannon mayight seem like a good option, but Eelektross prefers to use the Attack boosts to its advantage over the accuracy boosts. Acrobatics is an interesting option to help Eelektross beat Grass-type Pokemon, but the loss in item is unappealing. Rock Slide is another option, but its coverage is a bit redundant with its STAB, (AC) and its flinch chance will rarely come in handy because of Eelektross's low Speed. Knock Off can be used on any of its sets to cause problems for the Pokemon that switch in to wall it. Finally, Thunder Wave and Toxic can be good options to hinder the Pokemon it cannot beat on its own.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Eelektross is a Pokemon that is incredibly difficult to counter, asince it is asvery strong and unpredictable as it is. The easiest way to defeat Eelektross is to try and keep up offensive pressure against the opponent's team and never giving it a free switch. If this is not possible, you mayight be forced to revenge kill it with strong attackers, such as Sawk or Charizard. With Mold Breaker, Sawk, Rampardos, and Pinsir can also use Earthquake to hit Eelektross hard for super effective damage. Probably the only true counters to any Eelektross set are Dragonair and Shelgon, as Eelektross rarely carries a move to hit them for super effective damage, and the coverage moves it has to hitake them out with often wdon't hit hard enough to take them out. Meanwhile, both of these Pokemon can set up Dragon Dances against it and later Rest to recover the damage they've taken.</p>

<p>Outside of trying to counter every set with one Pokemon, each individual set has its own checks and counters. Camerupt, Ampharos, and Zweilous all wall the special set very well. Lickilicky and Audino also do well against the special set, as they can come in on any move and stay in to wall non-Choice Specs variants and pivot out into a better check against Choice Specs variants. Additionally, Fraxure can set up against the special set, though it doesn't appreciate taking a Choice Specs Thunderbolt. As for the physical set, Torterra, Tangela, Vileplume, and Seismitoad can all take it on relatively well. Still, all of them but Tangela don't appreciate taking repeated U-turns. Finally, the mixed set is incredibly difficult to wall, as very few Pokemon can survive two consecutive hits. One of the only viable Pokemon that can do this and has not already been mentioned is Altaria, which can survive a Thunderbolt after Stealth Rock and Roost to recover the damage it took. Misdreavus can also survive one Thunderbolt, but it can't do much back to Eelektross in return.</p>
There were problems with repetition here and there, but overall, it was a job wEELl done!

GP Approved 1/2

Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>Eelektross is undoubtedly one of the scariest Pokemon for a defensive team to face, and it's not surprising why this is so; with excellent attacking stats, an expansive offensive movepool with great coverage options, and a slow Volt Switch or and U-turn, it can be both unpredictable and incredibly difficult to wall. On top of that, Eelektross's bulk allows it to take a few hits, and it has no weaknesses that opposing teams can prey upon. Unfortunately, more offensive teams can typically make it hard for Eelektross to do its job, as in spite of its lack of weaknesses, it has very few resistances, and because of its poor Speed, it's not very difficult to outpace it.</p>

[SET]
evs: 140 Atk / 244 SAtk / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Eelektross's most successful set allows it to play the role of a mixed wallbreaker. (this is an optional change; the first two sentences here seem redundant to me, but if you want to keep both of them, then I don't have a problem with that) This set takes advantage of Eelektross's great mixed attacking stats and fantastic coverage in order to break through nearly every wall and tank in NU. With this set, Eelektross can also serve as an effective lure; if you need to take out a special wall to open up a sweep later on, you can use special attacks to bait the opponent into bringing it in their special wall, just to then take it out with Superpower. Thunderbolt is used on this set as Eelektross's most powerful and reliable STAB, (remove comma) and it helps it take on bulky Water-types, such as Alomomola and Mantine. Superpower helps make Eelektross very difficult to wall; most of the Pokemon that can take a hit from the special side don't want to take a strong physical attack, and many of the tier's special walls are weak to Fighting-type attacks. Flamethrower is used for additional coverage to help beat Grass-types, such as Tangela and Vileplume, which would wall this set otherwise. Finally, Giga Drain is used as a way of beating the Ground-types that can switch into a Thunderbolt, and it provides a form of recovery for Eelektross.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread for this set allows Eelektross to outspeed minimum Speed Alomomola and KO it before it can use Toxic and to 2HKO common special walls, (remove comma) such as Regice, Lickilicky, Audino, and Zweilous. A bulkier spread of 112 HP / 140 Atk / 248 SpA / 8 Spe can be used to help take hits better if you are less concerned about outpacing some of the walls that the set aims to beat. Expert Belt is the ideal item choice in item, as it can help Eelektross bluff a Choice Specs set better while also maintaining its vitality throughout the battle. A Life Orb can be used to 2HKO Altaria without Stealth Rock, although but it has little use otherwise.</p>

<p>Finding partners for this set isn't very difficult; basically anything that appreciates the opponent's walls and tanks to be being eliminated enjoys working with Eelektross. Examples of these such Pokemon include Ludicolo, Carracosta, and Jynx. Eelektross does appreciate some assistance from its team members as well. Spikes support can help it attain the 2HKO against opposing Piloswine and Roselia, as well as the OHKO against specially defensive Seismitoad. Scolipede, Roselia, and Garbodor are all effective users of the move, and Eelektross can take Flying-type attacks aimed at the first two, (remove comma) as well as Ground-type attacks aimed at Garbodor the third. Stealth Rock support is also helpful, as it can help bring certain Pokemon, such as Articuno, Lapras, and Regice, down to a range where Eelektross can OHKO them. Both Golem and Seismitoad can set up Stealth Rock while maintaining offensive momentum. Finally while uncommon, this set still struggles against occasional Dragon-types, such as Altaria, Shelgon, and Dragonair. Jynx can outspeed all of these Pokemon—the last two even after a Dragon Dance if they're running their standard bulky spreads—and take them out with Ice Beam (if it's not relevant, ignore this, but I'd consider mentioning that Dragonair can hit Jynx with ExtremeSpeed even if it isn't faster as about half of them ran it last month and the most common spread (252Atk/252 Spe Adamant for some reason, which actually outspeeds non-Choice Scarf Jynx at +1) OHKOes at +1 after Stealth Rock).</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set uses Eelektross's fantastic special movepool and great Special Attack stat to become a hard-hitting attacker. Volt Switch allows it to serve as a slow scout in order to keep up offensive momentum and bring fast, frail teammates to the field safely. Because of STAB and Eelektross's base 105 excellent (or an adjective you prefer) Special Attack, Volt Switch will also hit many Pokemon for solid damage. Giga Drain offers Eelektross a way of defeating Ground-types that keep it from using Volt Switch, and it provides a form of recovery. Grass-types also keep Eelektross from spamming its STAB moves; Flamethrower is a way of handling them and alleviating this issue. Finally, Thunderbolt gives Eelektross a more powerful and reliable STAB to spam when scouting is unnecessary, such as when it finds itself facing bulky special walls.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread used invests fully in Special Attack with enough Speed EVs to outspeed Tangela in order to avoid a Sleep Powder. The rest of the EVs are used in HP in order to further augment Eelektross's good bulk. Choice Specs is the primary item of choice, giving Eelektross the additional power it needs in order to beat out many of the bulkier Pokemon in NU, but Leftovers can be used if you desire the ability to switch up moves and stick around longer in the game. However, Expert Belt is a perfectly viable option that gives as well, giving Eelektross a bit more power and also allows allowing it to switch up moves. Hidden Power Ice can be used over Giga Drain if you would like a better way of handling Dragon-type Pokemon while retaining without giving up the ability to beat Ground-types, but be aware that you'll lose out on super effective coverage against Thick Fat Piloswine and Seismitoad, (remove comma) as well as the recovery that Giga Drain provides. Finally, Acid Spray can be used over either Thunderbolt or Volt Switch as a way of taking down some of the bulkier special walls in the tier.</p>

<p>There are many different Pokemon that partner well with this set. Swellow, Zangoose, and Ursaring all appreciate Eelektross's slow Volt Switch, which helps bring them in safely to activate their status orbs. Other users of Volt Switch and U-turn also pair well with this set, as they can overwhelm the opponent with offensive momentum and give them as few free turns as possible. Primeape, Swellow, Probopass, and most Electric-type Pokemon can all work alongside Eelektross for this reason. Any user of Volt Switch or U-turn appreciates entry hazard support as well due to their its ability to force switches; Eelektross is no exception to this. Scolipede is a great offensive Spikes user, and Golem, Golurk, and Seismitoad are all great offensive Stealth Rock users. Because Eelektross struggles against some of the special walls in the tier, Fighting-types work well alongside it. Gurdurr and Sawk are good examples of this, as they can both beat Lickilicky, Audino, Bastiodon, and Probopass fairly easily.</p>

[SET]
move 2: ThunderPunch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a physical set, Eelektross finds itself using can use its great physical movepool and attacking prowess to muscle through many of the tier's bulkiest Pokemon. U-turn is the first move on this set, and it gives Eelektross a fantastic way to gain momentum for the team. Unlike Volt Switch, only one Pokemon—Shedinja—is immune to U-turn. On top of that, Grass-types are some of the most common types of Pokemon to switch into Eelektross, and U-turn can deal some solid damage to many of them. ThunderPunch is used as a reliable choice in for STAB with a handy chance of paralyzing to paralyze opponents. Superpower is used for its great power, but if the stat drops are unappealing, Drain Punch is a viable alternative that gives Eelektross a form of recovery. Finally, Aqua Tail can hit hits Ground-type Pokemon that keep Eelektross from using its STAB hard.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs on this set are used to outspeed Alomomola, with the rest thrown into Attack and HP for added power and bulk, respectively. Choice Band is the first item choice of item on this set, (remove comma) as it cannot rely on super effective coverage as well as other sets can, but Expert Belt can still be used in order to lure in Ground-type Pokemon and hit them with Aqua Tail. Crunch is a decent option over Aqua Tail, (remove comma) as it gives Eelektross a way of hitting certain Grass-type Pokemon, such as Exeggutor or and Vileplume, for good damage, and it has near perfect coverage along alongside its choice in of Fighting-type attack. Keep However, keep in mind that Eelektross would rather just U-turn against these Pokemon anyways anyway. Wild Charge may might seem like a better alternative to choice than ThunderPunch, but if you use it, Eelektross will suffer from heavy recoil against Alomomola.</p>

<p>Even with Aqua Tail, certain Ground-type Pokemon, such as Torterra and Seismitoad, can cause problems for Eelektross; Jynx and Serperior are good options to take care of them. Pokemon with great physical bulk, such as Tangela, Seismitoad (maybe use another example here if you can think of one since you just used Seismitoad as an example of Ground-types Eelektross has trouble with), and Vileplume, can be very difficult for Eelektross to beat. Strong special attackers, such as Charizard and Exeggutor, have little problems against them. Frailer offensive Pokemon love being able to come in with ease, and Eelektross's slow U-turn gives them this opportunity. As such, Swellow, Ursaring, and Zangoose can all capitalize upon this while also getting the chance to free chances to get into battle and activate their status orbs upon entry. Finally, Spikes and Stealth Rock support are is very appreciated, as U-turn allows Eelektross to force many switches. Again, Scolipede is a great offensive Spikes user, and Golem, Golurk, and Seismitoad are all great offensive Stealth Rock users.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Despite its expansive movepool, most of Eelektross's best options have already been covered. Coil is probably the most viable other option, and using it alongside an EV spread of 248 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 124 Spe with an Adamant nature allows Eelektross to outspeed Alomomola and retain some good offensive capabilities without a boost. The problem with a Coil set is that its few resistances make it difficult to find opportunities to set up. Eelektross is often usually much better off using its great mixed attacking stats to hit hard right off the bat. For the same reason, Charge Beam is often generally an inferior choice. If you are considering a Coil set, Zap Cannon might seem like a good option, but Eelektross prefers to use the Attack boosts to its advantage over the accuracy boosts. Acrobatics is an interesting option to help Eelektross beat Grass-type Pokemon, but the loss in lack of an item needed to use it to full effect is unappealing. Rock Slide is another option, but its coverage is a bit redundant with its Eelektross's STAB, and its flinch chance will rarely come in handy because of Eelektross's low Speed. Knock Off can be used on any of its Eelektross's sets to cause problems for the Pokemon that switch in to wall it. Finally, Thunder Wave and Toxic can be good options to hinder the Pokemon it cannot beat on its own.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Eelektross is a Pokemon that is incredibly difficult to counter, since as it is as so strong and unpredictable as it is. The easiest way to defeat Eelektross is to try and keep up offensive pressure against the opponent's team and never giving give it a free switch. If this is not possible, you may might be forced to revenge kill it with strong attackers, such as Sawk or and Charizard. With Mold Breaker, Sawk, Rampardos, and Pinsir can also use Earthquake to hit Eelektross hard for super effective damage. Probably the only true counters to any Eelektross set are Dragonair and Shelgon, as Eelektross it rarely carries a move to hit them for super effective damage, (remove comma) and the coverage moves it has to hit them with often generally won't hit hard enough to take them out. Meanwhile, both of these Pokemon can set up Dragon Dances against it and later Rest to recover the damage they've taken.</p>

<p>Outside of trying to counter every set with one Pokemon, each individual set has its own checks and counters. Camerupt, Ampharos, and Zweilous all wall the special set very well. Lickilicky and Audino also do well against the special set, as they can come in on any move and either stay in to wall non-Choice Specs variants and or pivot out into a better check against Choice Specs variants. Additionally, Fraxure can set up against the special set, though it doesn't appreciate taking a Choice Specs Thunderbolt. As for the physical set, Torterra, Tangela, Vileplume, and Seismitoad can all take it on relatively well. Still, all of them but Tangela don't appreciate taking repeated U-turns. Finally, the mixed set is incredibly difficult to wall, as very few Pokemon can survive two consecutive hits. One of the only viable Pokemon that can do this is Altaria, which can survive a Thunderbolt after Stealth Rock and Roost to recover the damage it took. Misdreavus can also survive one Thunderbolt, but it can't do much back to Eelektross.</p>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)