Eevee Friendly

Hm okay, I'll keep that in mind thanks. By the way, would anyone be available for some practice battles right now? My friend code is 3411-2321-4441. =)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm okay, I'll keep that in mind thanks. By the way, would anyone be available for some practice battles right now? My friend code is 3411-2321-4441. =)
I'm game, check my sig

edit: will our levels be pre-set to 50 or do I have to raise my team to at least 50? Can't remember how flat battles with friends works lol

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I'm game, check my sig

edit: will our levels be pre-set to 50 or do I have to raise my team to at least 50? Can't remember how flat battles with friends works lol
A flat rules rotation battle will lower everything to 50 but anything under 50 will stay as it is. So you also need to level everything up to 50 if you want to practice on battle spot too.

I dunno why this contest is level 30 considering that a bunch of them learn important moves at 45 (leaf blade, flare blitz, hydro pump)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A flat rules rotation battle will lower everything to 50 but anything under 50 will stay as it is. So you also need to level everything up to 50 if you want to practice on battle spot too.

I dunno why this contest is level 30 considering that a bunch of them learn important moves at 45 (leaf blade, flare blitz, hydro pump)
Yeah I did an extra Le Wow grind to get them up so now it's all good. Just did a few practices and holy crap are the Japanese good at this or what! I mean I'm not taking this too seriously so my team isn't totally perfect but damn I get rekd by every one of them! If you haven't locked your battle box yet, be prepared for Sunny Day on everything to support Chloro'eon's Swords Dance Sweep. They also pack Baby-doll Eyes on most things to stop Flareon (and Eevee :( ) in their tracks. Echoed Voice seems to be a great finisher rather than trying to go for it from the get-go though. Anyway I'm winless against Asian Eevee teams but I've pulled off a Trick Room Eevee sweep against all the other normal non-Eevee teams (free battle rotations) which is fun actually they've all been disconnects

Does anyone have any spare Petaya berries they'd be willing to trade me? I want to try out the sub petaya set for Jolteon that was posted here but I don't have any petaya berries. My FC is: 0920-1020-8081.

So you guys are going for my Jolteon set, eh?

Now Jolteons have to run Max Speed to hope to speed tie, lol.

Good gracious we've certainly done a lot of metagame development in this thread, huh?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Would glaceon with frost breath be good with scope lens leaf blade leafeon to counter espeon screens?
I'm getting beaten very well be SL Leafeon (I'm assuming it has SL otherwise that's a lot of hax!) so I would say it's legit a thing, especially after a boost

Day 1, 9-1.

Espeon does not seem to be as much of a threat as I had anticipated.

Beware of Sylveon. Just... beware of it. A certain user here and I have very different teams where Sylveon is the main core and the fairy is absolutely freaking brutal.

I'm pissed off. I accidentally registered 4 of my unready eeveelutions in the competition. Since the box got locked, I had no way to fix my pokemon's moves or add another pokemon in the box, so I cancelled the registration.

Day 1, 9-1.

Espeon does not seem to be as much of a threat as I had anticipated.

Beware of Sylveon. Just... beware of it. A certain user here and I have very different teams where Sylveon is the main core and the fairy is absolutely freaking brutal.
Can I hazard a guess? One of my friends is using Choice Specs Pixilate Hyper Beam Sylveon. OHKOs everything that isn't Flareon, defensive Sylveon, or specially defensive Vaporeon. Also hits hard with Moonblast if you don't like the charge turn.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CFNG-WWWW-WWW8-FLSR

I have no fucking words for this match. Well, I have many but I am in utter shock. I can say without exaggeration that this was one of the most exhilarating games I have ever played in the 8 years I've been into competitive Pokemon. Return CB Sylveon is scary as fuck and almost kicked my ass. And that Vaporeon/Flareon stall at the end. I was outmatched team composition wise (seriously wtf JPN players and their crazy EVs???) but to be immodest, my opponent made a good number of mispredictions that cost him/her the match. Still I am humbled that JPN players never cease to amaze me with their incredible setups that would be dismissed as gimmicks in the general Western fandom and yet our standards and optimal sets just crumble in the face of their ingenuity.

Btw idgaf if my team is revealed, I'm running standard bullshit anyways.

P.S. Some of my team choices that I was doubtful of saved my bloody ass this game, notably Echoed Voice and Lum Berry.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Still I am humbled that JPN players never cease to amaze me with their incredible setups that would be dismissed as gimmicks in the general Western fandom and yet our standards and optimal sets just crumble in the face of their ingenuity.
Sometimes I'm really not sure if it's them being clever or just crazy -- it's why I only do these competitions when japan's asleep. Western players tend to use a lot more reliable stuff

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Sometimes I'm really not sure if it's them being clever or just crazy -- it's why I only do these competitions when japan's asleep. Western players tend to use a lot more reliable stuff
Damn Australia and Japan having similar timezones! They're the only players I run into

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
holy shit specs hyper beam sylveon is scary

haven't locked my battle box yet though, but I am seriously considering putting hyper beam on my non-specs sylveon over moonblast lol you can't rotate after hyper beaming, forget it

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I didn't run Hyper Beam on my Sylveon largely on basis of 90% accuracy and if you kill the wrong thing, conceding a single turn of setup to your opponent could be fatal. My first match I utterly swept my opponent's Jolt/Umbreon/Espeon/other Sylveon comp with Sylveon because they gave me free turns.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I have Hyper Beam on my scarf Sylveon just as filler because what else can you fit on it? I haven't used it in this comp yet but I did while grinding levels and damn I think it looks real cool using it, Hyper Beam and Sylveon's colour schemes match up almost perfectly!

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't Swift > Moonblast on Sylveon? WOW it also get rid of any double team jerk. Going to make the calcs. EDIT: U know, Swift has STAB and Pixilate boost while Moonblast only has STAB. EDIT 2: Swift has only 60 base power, thought it had 80 like Aura Sphere meh.

Last edited:
95*1.5=142.5
This is Moonblast's final BP

60*1.5*1.3=117
This is Swift's final BP after Pixilate's benefit.
I wouldn't worry about Swift, it's considerably weaker with a decidedly meh perk in perfect accuracy. Gotta go for those guaranteed set ups, not subject yourself to the inconsistent dice roll game.

Only played 4 or 5 games so far; with Evo happening right now I doubt I'll be able to get all 30 games in =x

I got 9W 1L on the first day, which included a 6 winstreak ^_^
The plan was to spread status using jolteon and sylveon, while battering down the opponent for the Eevee sweep. So far it has worked. I have only lost to a rest+chesto umbreon.
Btw, assault vest flareon is epic and my leafeon is holding houndoominite because I will never use it :)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Echoed Voice is better STAB than Swift imo. I alternate between Moonblast and Echoed Voice depending on the enemy comp, whether I need immediate power or I can spend a turn on chip damage. The thing with rotation is that Choice items are even riskier because you don't have a chance to reset ever. That is another reason why I didn't run Hyper Beam.

Also, I considered using Assault Vest Flareon but I didn't like the damage calcs coming from it without a guaranteed Toxic boost. With Jolly, I found that I would miss out on a few OHKOs. I was very close to running Assault Vest Glaceon instead because of its balanced defenses but QQ Ice is a terrible STAB in this meta.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
agh fuck I swapped sylveons when testing hyper beam and forgot to give lefties back to the cute charm sylveon I ended up locking into my battle box

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
That sucks :/ I found out in my first battle that opposing Flareon can KO another Flareon (bulky) with Flare Blitz in the sun... Tho my Flareon was supported by screens so I just murdered the opposing Flareon with Facade. Sun teams are very common, so you don't need to always send your main Sunny Day setter when you see a team with both Leafeon and Flareon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)