Electivire (QC (0/3))

Overview
########

• Able to go mixed pretty well
  • Sometimes doesn't hit hard enough
  • Speed is good but not enough at times
  • Good coverage movepool
  • Bulk is mediocre
  • Motor Drive is a great ability, allowing it to switch into Volt Switches for free and get a speed boost from them.
  • Competition with other Electric-types such as Rotom and other wallbreakers such as Magmortar.
Specially Based Mixed Attacker
########
name: Specially Based Mixed Attacker
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Earthquake / Cross Chop
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Hidden Power Grass
ability: Motor Drive
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Naive / Timid

Moves
========
  • Thunderbolt is Electivire's strongest reliable STAB.
  • Earthquake gives great coverage, hitting Pokemon like Dragalgae and Camerupt, which usually wall Electivire.
  • Cross Chop is used only really for breaking through Audino.
  • Flamethrower hits Grass, Bug and Steel types.
  • Hidden Power Grass hits the Ground-types Electivire has trouble with.

Set Details
========
  • This set can punch through some physical walls Electivire has trouble with.
  • Motor Drive is Electivire's best ability, and allows it to do well against VoltTurn teams.
  • EVs are higher in Special Attack to get as much power for its Special Attacks as possible.
  • 4 Attack EVs are used in order to atleast get good damage off on some special walls with the physical attacks.

Usage Tips
========
  • Electivire is best used to break through walls for a team.
  • Try to lure in Pokemon such Vileplume and Ferroseed and beat them via certain coverage.
  • Note that Electivire can't OHKO some frail Pokemon so don't except to KO something with close to full health.

Team Options
========
  • Pokemon that benefit from the removal of Pokemon such as Ferroseed, Vileplume and defensive Draglagae, such as Feraligatr and Lilligant, are pretty good partners for Electivire. They also beat the Ground-types Electivire generally hates.
  • Magmortar is a good partner as both Pokemon beat each others checks.
  • Dark-types such as Pawniard and Liepard are pretty good partners as they beat Pokemon like Musharna and Defensive Rotom, which are often a nuisance to Electivire. Liepard also gives Electivire free turns with Encore.
Physically-Based Mixed Attacker
########
name: Physically-Based Mixed Attacker
move 1: Wild Charge
move 2: Cross Chop / Earthquake
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Hidden Power Grass
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Naive

Moves
========

• Wild Charge is your strongest physical STAB, though stacks up with the Life Orb recoil.
  • Cross Chop hits Steel, Ice and Normal-types.
  • Earthquake is notable for hitting Dragalgae and Camerupt.
  • Ice Punch hits Ground and Grass-types.
  • Hidden Power Grass is notable for hitting Seismitoad, Rhydon and Lanturn, who take pretty much nothing from its other moves.
  • Fire Punch also hits Steel, Ice and Grass-types, but can also hit Bug-types. However, the main coverage on this set hits a lot more notable things.

Set Details
========
  • EVs for Speed and Attack are simple, to give as much power and speed as possible.
  • Naive Nature is used so Hidden Power Grass doesn't get decreased in power, but in return giving off speed.
  • 4 SpA EVs give you a pretty good amount of power behind Hidden Power Grass.
  • You can run a set with slightly more Special Attack to guarantee the 2HKO on Physically defensive Seismitoad.

Usage Tips
========

• Great as a lure for Pokemon that wall the Special set.
  • This set is easier at beating Frail Pokemon as Electivire here hits on the physical side, which he is better at statistically.
  • Electivire is best sent mid-game where Pokemon such as Audino are still in play.

Team Options
========

• This set is more focused on breaking through Special Walls.
  • Pokemon that often have trouble with Special Walls such as Sceptile are good partners for this set. They also help against Ground-types.
  • Spikes support can be used to have a chance to 2HKO some bulky Pokemon like Musharna.

Other Options
########

• Vital Spirit helps it to beat Pokemon like Vivillon, Vileplume, Lilligant and Jynx easier.
  • Choiced Sets
  • Volt Switch

Checks & Counters
########

• **Ground-types**: Bulky Ground-types such as Seismitoad and Rhydon take almost nothing from Electivire's attacks, but most of them won't appreciate a Hidden Power Grass especially if it's from the special set. However, an exception to this is Camerupt, who flat out counters Electivire that don't run Earthquake.
  • **Faster Attackers**: Pokemon such as Sceptile, Offensive Choice Scarf users, and Accelgor outspeed Electivire and usually can kill it. However, they won't appreciate switching into a coverage move.
  • **Defensive Rotom**: Defensive Rotom can straight up counter Physically-based sets due to its surprising amount of bulk, as well as crippling it via burn, though it does get 2HKO'ed by the special set with Stealth Rocks up.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Probably should be doing a number of sets here, you have the physical, but still need to see a scarf, mixed, and special. Don't know if mixed and special should be combined together but for now put em separate, also in oo make a mention of choice specs and band.

Added a Specially based Mixed Attacker. Mentioned Choice Specs in OO though should band replace the "Pure Physical Attacker" set mentioned in the OO?

Shouldn't the specially based set be mentioned first? I think most people on the forums liked it more, me included. Uninvested HP Grass does like no damage anyway so the special set takes better advantage of Evire's coverage in this meta imo.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Thunderbolt/Wild Charge
move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Flamethrower/Ice Punch
move 4: Hidden Power Grass/Earthquake
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid
smth here seems off lol

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Scarf sounds pretty terrible to me. It's weak, can't exploit Evire's coverage nearly as well as its LO sets, and in general doesn't seem to do much. I think it should be removed.

Specially based mixed doesn't need Volt Switch since it really wants maximum coverage. Put it in OO.

A lot of your sections are really lacking in info (most notably Usage Tips, Team Options, and Checks and Counters), they hardly list anything at all and what you do have is rather obvious ("Avoid switching into Ground-types," "Entry hazards help it secure KOs"). You need to be much less vague about how you play with Electivire and what to use with it. If you can't, then just play around with Evire's sets some more and get a better feel for it yourself, but this is severely lacking atm.

Melons-N-Soda

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
OK So I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

You say you Electivire breaks through walls, but you say it needs to be saved for a lategame sweep. One of them has got to be not true. You tell me.

You talk about Magvire but you say "they beat each others' counters." Right.

We have defensive Ghost-types in NU? That beat special Electivire 1v1? Are you perhaps talking about Dusclops?_?

Electivire is infamous for its 'super effective' hits not really being effective enough. You probably need to mention Spikes support in order to actually break walls or do anything against something bulky with recovery, like Musharna, because it literally doesn't matter whether your type coverage is amazing, you just can't stand up to that bulk.

Your analysis basically boils down to "A is super effective against B, C is super effective against D". I already knew that, and so should our readers. Does this analysis go about what I should do with Electivire other than just clicking super effective moves? Can I just bring it out against anything and start hitting away just because I'll hit them super effectively? That's obviously not the case, so tell me how I should use Electivire.

Potential discussion: I also feel some kind of physical set should be first because Wild Charge hits neutral targets a lot harder from its much higher Attack stat. Super Effective coverage is overrated on Electivire. Why would you use a wallbreaker that can only 2hko stuff with correct prediction when you can just fire off hydro pumps and leaf storms blindly and just 2hko stuff that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)