Status
Not open for further replies.

Arceus Dex
http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/arceus
QC Approved
1.Firecape
2.Great Sage

[OVERVIEW]
<p> In this new generation Electric Arceus got a huge boost. It can now maximise it's Ev's and beat Groudon, one of it's main counters. It is very useful as it's powerful Electric STAB hits common Pokemon like Palkia, Kyogre and Lugia for huge damage.</p>

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Judgment / Thunder
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Recover
item: Zap Plate
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

[SET COMMENTS]
<p> This set allows Arceus to boost it's Special power with Calm Mind. Then, Arceus can destroy the metagame with the BoltBeam combo. After a Calm Mind, Ice Beam scores a OHKO on Rock Polish Groudon, Grass Arceus and Rayquaza who all are large Uber threats. Recover is in the final slot to remove Residual Damage and to heal off weak attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The choice between Thunder and Judgement is if you want Power or Accuracy. Judgement allows Arceus to be able to hit hard, even in Sun, but Thunder gives Arceus a Power boost and Parylisis chance but is unreliable. Over Recover you can use Subsitute as this prevents Status from Crippling you. Grass Knot is a option over Ice Beam to hit Gastrodon, as well as Defensive Groudon but leaves Arceus walled by the Dragons. Finally Earth Power can hit Reshiram and Doryuzzu who otherwise can set up.</p>

<p> This set can be checked by Scarfed Garchomp who outspeeds and kills Arceus with Earthquake. Specially Defensive Groudon can use Thunder Wave to cripple Arceus or Earthquake to destroy it, as it survives Ice Beam. Blissey uses Toxic and stalls out Arceus as it can not do much back.</p>

[Team Options]
<p> Arceus really apreciates Entry Hazards from Foretress or Natorei, helping it to score extra KOS. Anything that can check Scarfed Garchomp and Groudon is good. Lugia makes a good partner as it can take Physical hits and check the two Ground types. Grass types like Shaymin-S can also check Groudon and Scarfed Garchomp. Kyogre sets up infinite Rain for Thunder.

[Optional Changes]
Subsitute is a good option as it allows Arceus to beat Garchomp and Blissey. Grass Knot is good for Gastrodon and Quagsire although they are rare but this leaves you walled by Dragon Types. Roar can remove opposing Stat Uppers.

[Counters]
Scarfed Garchomp is the best counter as it can outspeed and KO with Earthquake. Groudon can Cripple with Thunder Wave or Kill with Earthquake. Blissey can stall Arceus out with Toxic. Tyranitar has good Special Defense, removes Rain and uses Earthquake. Gastrodon takes little from Ice Beam and uses Earth Power. Reshiram is neutral to Ice Beam and can hurt a lot with Blue Fire or Outrage.

[Dream World]
Arceus does not have a Dream world Ability.

I don't get why it mentions Electric Arceus' great STAB when Thunder is a secondary slash? Also, I'd only use Thunder if you also had a Kyogre.

...Lol, braindead moment. But either way, I thought it was a general rule that Thunder was only supposed to be used in rain (unless Ubers is different than UU).

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I think that Earth Power should get a mention in the OC because it hits Doryuuzu (without Balloon, of course) and Reshiram for Super Effective damage. And Nattorei should be added in the Counters list since it resists Judgement / Thunder and takes little from Ice Beam.

Just my two cents.

I will give Earth Power a Ac mention but not natorei as natorei can't touch arceus and arceus can get 6 CMs

Many Nattorei carry Thunder Wave and I can guarantee that you don't want your +6 Arceus to be slower than Groudon so you can't just say theres nothing Nattorei can do.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The set itself is fine but the write up so far isn't really up to site standards as far as content. You should expand on the comments (Unless this is a "qc outline" of sorts?). The primary slash with Thunder vs. Judgment is up for debate, but as long as both have their slash I don't really care.

QC approved 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)