ORAS PU Electric Body

Introduction

I've been getting into PU over the past two months or so and I've found it to be a really fun, balanced, and diverse metagame. Since the metagame developed into a much more fast-paced, offensively oriented one at the beginning of November, the former best Pokemon in PU, Roselia, had been on the decline. With that shift, I noticed that many teams were insanely weak to Toxic Spikes, as the only other relevant grounded Poison-type is Arbok, a rather uncommon threat. Toxic Spikes wears down some common defensive Pokemon, particularly Stunfisk, which can be notoriously painful to take down or switch into for some offensive teams, and Vigoroth, which can win games even when it's down 1-6. Toxic Spikes can be painful for offensive teams as well, severely limiting the ability of most attackers to put in too much work and putting dangerous sweepers like RP Regice on a timer. I decided to build a team starting with Venipede, which is much more effective at getting up multiple layers of hazards than Roselia.

Teambuilding Process

With Spikes and Toxic Spikes, I decided to use the underrated Purugly for its incredible ability to abuse both hazards with U-turn and Fake out. Deterring Defog through Defiant is an added bonus although actually switching into common Defog users is risky. The addition of Electrode provides me with a fast Volt-Turn core that generally does well against offensive teams, especially with the aforementioned hazards in play.

Relicanth is a really cool Stealth Rock user that's able to pressure most of the common Defog and Rapid Spin users in the tier with the threat of Head Smash. Its offensive presence in addition to its ability to check a lot of key attackers is what made it a better choice than Stealth Rock users that only did one of the two, like Stunfisk or Gabite.

Drifblim is another underrated threat that takes full advantage of Spikes. It synergizes well offensively with the other members of the team, capitalizing on the wearing down of Pokemon like Stunfisk and Probopass through hazards, VoltTurn, and Knock Off. Drifblim is an excellent cleaner, particularly against Sticky Web teams with which I was currently quite weak to. Mr. Mime was added as insurance against a couple key threats, particularly Swords Dance Monferno and Scarf Rotom-F; Healing Wish is valuable as it is for any hyper offense team.

Zebstrika, with its Electric immunity, comparable power and Speed, and ability to hit Grass-types (especially Roselia) harder, turned out to be a better fit for the team than Electrode.

In-Depth

Venipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Endeavor

Venipede is the Pokemon whose support this team is built around, and the ability to get up at least two layers of hazards the majority of the time is what sets it apart from other leads Sash Roselia and Frogadier. Max Speed with a Jolly nature lets it outspeed base 110s after one Speed Boost, meaning it's almost always safe to lead with Venipede. Endeavor's use is pretty obvious, and though it's predictable, is actually tough to play around once Venipede's got a boost under its belt. Using Toxic over Protect is unorthodox, but useful; it ensures that Vullaby, Pelipper, and Vibrava can't just sit there and spam Defog, Roosting off Endeavor damage. More importantly, Toxic lets Venipede break Golem's Sturdy without worrying about Sucker Punch mind games. Protect could definitely work here, however, to guarantee that Venipede gets up another hazard against Floatzel and Zebstrika. I also tried Poison Jab in that slot which came in handy a few times, especially against a random Sub SD Lickilicky on the suspect ladder (against Sub SD Bouffalant Drifblim can just come in whenever).

Purugly @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Purugly works wonderfully with Venipede; its role on the team is to force passive damage onto opposing defensive Pokemon like Stunfisk while also being very effective against offense due to its Speed and priority. Access to Knock Off is a big part of what allows it to fulfill this role successfully as the removal of Leftovers and Eviolite severely limits the ability of defensive Pokemon to do their job. Originally I had U-turn instead of Sucker Punch, but thanks to 2xTheTap's and Raiza's suggestions, made the change to Sucker Punch to be better prepared for faster offensive threats like Floatzel that can force me to sack a Pokemon after a switch in. The combination of Fake Out, Toxic Spikes, and Sucker Punch is devastating for offensive teams and is particularly useful against weather teams which nearly always lack a way to remove Toxic Spikes, save for the extremely uncommon Weepinbell. Fake Out has a plethora of other applications, such as KOing Custap Berry Golem if Endeavor has brought it down to 1HP, bringing Choice Scarf Rotom-F into Drifblim range, and preventing Kadabra from paralyzing it late-game. All of this is why Purugly was chosen over other Normal-types like Bouffalant and Dodrio; while the latter two are clearly better in terms of raw power, Purugly's role on this team is more about accumulating chip damage on both defensive and offensive teams alike while still being able to revenge kill threats like Raichu and Jumpluff with a decently powerful Frustration.

One pretty common scenario is a Golem lead KOing Venipede with Rock Blast turn 1, leaving its Sturdy intact. In this situation, Purugly should come out and Fake out, then switch on the likely Stealth Rock into Relicanth (though Relicanth can easily tank an EQ if Golem chooses to go to that), which can then threaten a KO with Waterfall or set up Stealth Rock. Additionally, one of the few times I won't lead with Venipede is against Sticky Web users, when Purugly can lead and threaten to KO with Fake Out + Return.

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Completing an excellent VoltTurn duo with Purugly, Zebstrika is another fast threat on the team capable of accumulating damage on the likes of Probopass and Solrock. Zebstrika's pretty important for checking Floatzel and a couple other faster threats, and despite how common and one-dimensional it is, is still great against offense in general, especially in tandem with Toxic Spikes. Thunderbolt + HP Ice is enough to deter all the common Defog users of the tier. Despite Electrode's slightly higher Speed and power, Zebstrika was primarily chosen for Overheat's ability to deal with Rotom-F which is otherwise a pretty annoying threat for the team to face; Overheat is much stronger against Grass- and Electric-types than Electrode's rather weak Signal Beam. Zebstrika also at least deters Raichu from spamming Thunderbolt to get a kill every time. Aside from outspeeding Zebstrika itself, one major point for Electrode is Aftermath, netting useful damage on things like Pawniard.

Relicanth @ Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Rock Polish

While normally I prefer Golem as a Stealth Rock user for offense, Relicanth fit the team a lot better here. For one, Golem's reliant on Sturdy in order to do its job well, but with Venipede almost always leading and no way to prevent opposing hazards, clearly is not a reliable option. Relicanth also has a ton more power and is significantly faster than Golem, meaning it's pretty much guaranteed to prevent Vullaby and Pelipper from using Defog (it's actually insane how many times people try to Defog with these two on Relicanth only to get outsped OHKOed). For this reason, max Speed and a Jolly nature is necessary; a lot of other unsuspecting stuff are also outsped: offensive Roselia, Exeggutor, Armaldo, Gourgeist-Super, Solrock, and Politoed, to name a few.

Stone Plate is also unfortunately needed to straight up OHKO defensive Vullaby and Pelipper; I'd love to run another item like Chople Berry or even Wide Lens, but in general its damage output is pretty impressive, hitting things like Exeggutor and Misdreavus ridiculously hard. Earthquake would usually be better over Waterfall (a resisted Stone Plate-boosted Head Smash does more than a neutral Waterfall), but I found that I needed Waterfall to KO Golem and hit Stunfisk harder. Relicanth is Mr. Mime's most frequent recipient of Healing Wish, so while sweeping with Rock Polish obviously isn't its main purpose, it can often do so by taking advantage of its amazing Defense to set up after being restored.

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 240 Atk / 44 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Destiny Bond

A personal favorite of mine, Drifblim is a great sweeper for hyper offense and fits the team well for a variety of reasons. It's no Linoone, but with only one real turn of setup (since Substitute protects it), Drifblim turns into a late-game power house capable of cleaning house against offensive teams; Stealth Rock and one layer of Spikes is more than enough for it to KO offensive Pokemon like Floatzel and Simisear, and Toxic Spikes in combination with Substitute are key in helping to get other threats like Zebstrika into range of Knock Off. With the rest of the team dedicated to whittling down defensive Pokemon like Probopass, Stunfisk, and Golem, it's not uncommon for Drifblim to clean up balanced teams as well. I've chosen Destiny Bond here over the more common Will-O-Wisp: Will-O-Wisp overlaps with Toxic Spikes on many of Drifblim's checks, and this way I can choose to bring stuff like Pawniard and Rotom-F down with me if they're still health to take +1 attacks.

The Speed EVs let Drifblim outspeed Modest Choice Scarf Floatzel and Timid Choice Scarf Simipour after the Unburden boost. 12 HP lets Drifblim Sub or switch into Stealth Rock three times and reach 25%, enough to activate the Liechi Berry, and the extra SpDef helps it retain enough health for a Substitute against Mr. Mime and Choice Specs Floatzel. Drifblim has a surprising amount of setup opportunities, such as against Mr. Mime, Ninjask, Roselia, and various Normal-types. The introduction of Bouffalant has especially been helpful for Drifblim as it can switch in for free and set up Substitutes. While it's unlikely that Drifblim will get both to +1/+2 and behind a Substitute (though it can definitely happen if you Sub against faster attackers like the ones I mentioned before), usually just getting the Liechi/Unburden boost is enough. Convniently, Drifblim is immune to Monferno's Mach Punch and has enough natural bulk to take Machoke's Bullet Punch from 25%. Finally, while Drifblim by no means can switch in safely to the various Rapid Spin users of the tier, its presence can at least deter them from hitting the move and in some scenarios it can just be sacked to prevent the spin.

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Choice Scarf Mr. Mime provides a lot of utility in one slot. First and foremost, it gives me a much-needed surefire check to Choice Scarf Rotom-F and SD Monferno, among other threats. Focus Blast is used over Dazzling Gleam as a way to nail Pawniard and Probopass which could be quite annoying to deal with given a free switch into Mr. Mime. Dazzling Gleam would really only be useful for Vullaby and Vibrava, two Defoggers that the rest of my team does an excellent job of pressuring otherwise; Fraxure is still easily checked by Mr. Mime and Purugly. Healing Wish is useful as always, being especially helpful for Relicanth, but also for Zebstrika if it needs to be healthy enough to check Pawniard, for example. A lot of the time, however, Mr. Mime can simply Trick away its Choice Scarf to something like Stunfisk or Probopass (or even to Pawniard; Zebstrika and Purugly can still outspeed it) as well as to random bulky boosters like Acid Armor Duosion or Curse Munchlax that might've dodged a Head Smash or something. All in all, Mr. Mime is necessary on this team but rather expendable in many games.

Conclusion

As you can see, the team works by stacking hazards and putting immense pressure on hazard removers with Relicanth, Zebstrika, and Purugly, and wearing the opponent down enough to either sweep with Drifblim or simply overwhelm with passive damage and fast attacking. Overall, the team matches up really well against the current metagame, though a few set changes are definitely in order following the upcoming tier shift.

Importable
Venipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Endeavor

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Relicanth @ Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Rock Polish

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 240 Atk / 44 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Destiny Bond

Purugly @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

As pretentious as it seems to include replays, I really do feel that these few do a great job at showing how the team works. These were from before I made the change from Electrode to Zebstrika, though it didn't make any difference in these games.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, dodmen - Great HO team you have here. I've been testing this on the ladder a bit, and have enjoyed how quickly this puts other teams into checkmate position via hazards and pressuring defoggers to the point they're either forced to activate Purugly's Defiant or are simply dispatched by Zebstrika / Relicanth.

I have noticed however that it has some issues with bulkier Pokemon, namely Lickilicky, Stunfisk, and Probopass. There are other offensive threats to this team that it has a hard time with, especially weather-based threats like Stoutland and Golduck. Pawniard, Scarf Rotom-Frost, and Scarf Sawsbuck are also potent threats that I've had a bit of trouble dealing with as I was testing (Pawniard less so than the others).

So, without removing any of the Pokemon you chose because I like the balance you've struck already, I have a few small changes that would optimize your chances against these threats if implemented.

Firstly, I'd change your IVs a bit: given your team is hyper offensive, you don't have dedicated switch-ins for a few threats and therefore need to maximize survivability in order to increase your ability to take a hit here and there. For example, Zebstrika being hit by Vullaby's Foul Play has come into play a couple of times, as has random damage from confusion, so I recommend lowering your Attack IVs on special attackers to 0:

29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
0 Atk

As far as your move sets go, I'd change:

Trick --> Focus Blast

- Reason being, Probopass actually walls the majority of your team (Purugly, Mr. Mime without Focus Blast, Zebstrika), while Relicanth does some damage to it, but is simply pivoted on into a Relicanth counter. Focus Blast also relieves your weakness somewhat against Rotom-Frost by checking it, as it has the potential to OHKO Rotom-F after SR damage (provided it hits lol). Psychic and Dazzling Gleam simply cannot do this, so I feel this change is important for beating Probopass and Rotom-Frost more reliably:

252 SpA Mr. Mime Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-F: 206-244 (85.4 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mr. Mime Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-F: 117-138 (48.5 - 57.2%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO

U-Turn --> Sucker Punch

- This change is mostly for beating threats that are faster than Scarf Mr. Mime with double priority - i.e. Sand Stoutland, Rain Golduck, Scarf Sawsbuck, Jolly CB Ninjask if SR isn't up, etc. Switching into SR and Spikes, Fake Out, a turn of Poison damage, using Sucker Punch, and your opponent's own LO recoil is enough to beat both Golduck and Stoutland.

Your faster Sucker Punch also lets you beat priority users low on HP or with weaker defenses. For example, Fake Out + Sucker Punch can do 76.8% to LO Monferno even before hazards (with maximum rolls), it beats out Mightyena/Pawniard/Murkrow's STAB Sucker Punch, and of course by making your opponent miss his own Sucker Punch, that's an extra turn of Poison damage on targets like Golem and Mightyena.

Your counterplay for Floatzel is also fairly limited here (you have to basically sac something to it and then RK with Mime or Zeb), but LO Fake Out + Sucker Punch in conjunction with your hazards lets you beat it fairly reliably.

And finally, I'd change two items:

Stone Plate --> Life Orb

- With running Jolly over Adamant in order to outspeed Scarf Rotom-F after a Rock Polish, your overall damage output is slightly gimped. This actually causes you to lose out on some important 2HKOes, and is more or less what I'm talking about when I mention micro-changes helping your chances against bulky Pokemon. Life Orb lets you 2HKO Stunfisk / Probopass with Waterfall, whereas running Stone Plate would cost you the KO in cases where your hazards have been removed:

252 Atk Life Orb Relicanth Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Stunfisk: 213-252 (50.4 - 59.7%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
vs
252 Atk Relicanth Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Stunfisk: 164-194 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Relicanth Waterfall vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 195-229 (64.1 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recover
vs
252 Atk Relicanth Waterfall vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 150-176 (49.3 - 57.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Silk Scarf --> Life Orb

- This is a change that should be implemented only if you chose to use double priority for the reasons stated above. Otherwise, U-Turn with Silk Scarf is better for creating momentum, while simultaneously keeping Purugly healthy as it switches in and out of SR.

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hey dodmen nice offense you got there.
Not a lot to change other than some sets' moves, as it's an HO so I won't pretend it to be able to have switch-ins against everything out there. I still think Protect will be more useful here on Venipede than Toxic. You said you use Toxic to to not allow Defog users such as Vullaby, Pelipper, and Vibrava, from stalling you out and prevent you from entry hazard stacking, but you can just do that by switching Relicanth in and force their switches out, gaining a free switch and a Head Smash hit. Purugly can also eventually come in on Defog from Vibrava and Pelipper and start dealing pretty good damage too, but that's rather risky in case you get burned by Scald or you find offensive Pelipper. You also said Toxic lets you break Golem's Sturdy, but that also implies risking to get KOd by Rock Blast and not having set up Spikes / Toxic Spikes at all. In the best case scenario you manage to set up all three layers of Spikes and Golem KOs you + sets up Stealth Rock, or you set up two layers and Golem KOs you. These are all fair trades, but you can just preserve Venipede and send in Relicanth on the possible Stealth Rock, and win the 1v1 afterwards(even if Stealth Rock break your Focus Sash Venipede, you'll still be able to set up at least a layer of Toxic Spikes / Spikes afterwards if you run Protect) or send it in on the Earthquake, as Relicanth tanks it, bring Golem to 1HP with Waterfall, and preventing him from setting up Stealth Rock, then KO it with Purugly's Fake Out. If he sets up Stealth Rock instead of KOing Relicanth you win the 1v1 and Relicanth is still there and can try to set up Stealth Rock afterwards, thanks to Healing Wish Mr. Mime or a forced opposing switch. Overall Protect>Toxic allows you to not be scared of things such as Taunt users such as Misdreavus and Simipour, which can take advantage of Venipede, while you still don't struggle a lot against Golem and Defog users as you think you would.

I approve 2xthetap's change about giving Sucker Punch to Purugly and Focus Blast>Trick to Mr. Mime. Starting off with Purugly, yeah your team struggles with faster threats and Choice Scarfers such as Rotom-F, and that can't really be fixed by replacing Pokemon as the team would then need some drastic changes to work, so I think to partially solve that without changing much you can give Sucker Punch over U-Turn to Purugly. You sacrifice a bit of momentum, but Sucker Punch here just looks best with Fake Out and Toxic Spikes, as it also better for cleaning and dealing with faster offensive powerhouses, such as Rock Polish Regice at +2 Speed. then Even if as you said Trick might be useful to give Choice Scarf to Pokemon such as Stunfisk and Probopass, Focus Blast allows you to just KO Probopass on the switch, and your team is just able to weaken down Stunfisk pretty quickly thanks to Toxic Spikes, so against it you can just spam your double STABs without fearing its switch, as at best it is just getting weakened even further, which will allow a Drifblim / Purugly clean. I could see Trick being really useful to find more set up chances with Relicanth, but it already finds some because of natural good physical bulk and typing that allows it to take advantage of Normal-types locked into moves. Can be nice against Swords Dance Pawniard, but you can still check it with Relicanth and Destiny Bond Drifblim, so Trick really doesn't look that necessary to me here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I've definitely been considering using Focus Blast on Mr. Mime, though I'd actually prefer replacing Dazzling Gleam before replacing Trick - Trick is too useful against the stuff I mentioned before and is key in letting me beat Pawniard if it manages to get to +2 (if I don't want to sacrifice Drifblim). The utility that Trick brings to this team is too good to pass up - I'd actually say it's been useful in as many or more situations than Healing Wish from my experience. Dazzling Gleam, however, only really hits the pretty uncommon Dragon-types (Vibrava, Gabite, and Fraxure which is still checked by Mime regardless), and Vullaby, which is admittedly annoying not to hit super effectively but not terrible since the rest of my team pressures it so hard. Psychic-types (primarily Exeggutor and Solrock) take pitiful damage from Dazzling Gleam anyway; it's not like I'm using Mr. Mime to beat them in the first place. Machoke, of course, is hit harder by Psychic, and Focus Blast hits Mightyena just as hard in addition to destroying Probopass and Pawniard, so there's not too much of a reason to use Dazzling Gleam. It comes down to the fact that I'd rather hit the threats people mentioned (Pawniard, Rotom-F, Probopass) than the few targets that Dazzling Gleam hits (and amusingly doesn't even get OHKOs on). Thanks for that suggestion.

The IVs were just me being lazy, fixed that :).

I generally go back and forth between Protect and Toxic, both are just useful in different scenarios and I don't think there's one option that's flat out better.

As for Life Orb on Relicanth, I actually used that at one point but the extra recoil was awful given that one of Relicanth's main roles was to check some key attackers like Dodrio. Stunfisk rarely leads against Venipede since it can't really risk taking Endeavor damage, meaning that hazards are already up when Stunfisk comes onto the field. This lets Relicanth beat it much easier with poison damage + probable Spike. Same thing goes with Probopass; leading against Venipede means that I get up at least two layers, and if it goes for SR, Endeavor damage on itself or one of its teammates as well. Air Balloon is a thing, but honestly I wouldn't sacrifice the extra longevity that comes with Stone Plate just to guarantee a 2HKO on Air Balloon Probopass. As for other targets of Relicanth, Stone Plate boosted Head Smash does enough to where I'm satisfied with the damage output.

Sucker Punch > U-turn on Purugly is easily the most obvious change that would give me a better matchup against opposing hyper offense, especially weather, and threats like Floatzel/Scarf Rotom-F/Zebstrika like 2x initially mentioned. Luckily offensive threats like that literally can't switch into anything except a predicted Stealth Rock meaning they have to get onto the field via a free switch, but when they do, it can definitely be painful. For that reason I'm gonna end up making the change to LO Sucker Punch. Wake Up Slap is not something I'm interested in for this team. Pawniard is well covered and Probopass is worn down by every member of the team so I wouldn't consider sacrificing that move slot just to hit those two (other targets like Klang are both uncommon and not significant threats to my team).

Changes:
Mr. Mime: Dazzling Gleam -> Focus Blast
Purugly: Silk Scarf / U-turn -> Life Orb / Sucker Punch

Thanks to everyone who made the recommendations!

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey nice team

I like the changes you have made, though running a non Gleam Mime seems a bit shaky to me as Grumpig is everywhere atm and you cannot touch Psychic-types, though Focus Blast does help possibly bait Probopass and check Regice.

The most notable weakness I see on your team is to Water-types, as although you have Zebstrika and Mr Mime to check Floatzel (though you have to sack something), your team is very weak to Choice Scarf Simipour, as other than picking it off with priority/weakening it with Spikes you don't have much counterplay. In this case, I feel a Water resist would definitely improve your matchup vs it as it stops it from spamming Water attacks. Obviously each of your team is very important so it is hard to replace a single Pokemon, and its difficult to fit a single water type in your team, but I feel running your own Choice Scarf Simipour over Mr Mime may help this as Simipour can much less easily spam its Water STAB. It can check similar Pokemon such as Rotom-f and Monferno that you mention, along with more due to its Water resist. Obviously the loss of Healing Wish sucks, but I feel having a Pokemon not 2HKOd by Hydro Pump would really help this team.

Obviously this means you lost your biggest check to Chatot, so I think running Electrode over Zebstrika would fix this. Overheat is nice, but Simipour can also check Rotom-f as you mentioned, and the rest of the team pressures Roselia well, but if you choose to run Scarf Simipour over Mime this change is crucial to prevent you from being too Chatot weak.

Lastly, I think you should Earthquake over Rock Polish on Relicanth to help you check Pawniard, as by the looks of your description, Rock Polish isn't too useful, as since you lack Healing Wish Support, Earthquake would really help you do this:
252 Atk Life Orb Relicanth Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 198-234 (85.7 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
Compared to 252 Atk Life Orb Relicanth Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 118-140 (51 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And even if your Life Orb is Knocked Off you put it in range of Purugly's Priority.

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Superpower

Electrode @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam / Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Relicanth
Rock Polish --> Earthquake

Hope this helps n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)