1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Gym [ELECTRIC] - Dogfish44 vs Texas Cloverleaf

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Frosty, Dec 11, 2012.

  1. Dogfish44

    Dogfish44 Banned from 22 Casinos
    is a Forum Moderator
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,000
    [​IMG]

    "Prepare for the next phase."

    Ice Punch ~ Earthquake ~ Ice Punch
  2. Frosty

    Frosty
    is a Community Contributor

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Messages:
    731
    Gym Leader Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 39
    En: 80
    5/2/4/3/95
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt

    bench (open)
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 58
    En: 73
    1/4/5/3/80
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt



    Challenger's Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 11
    En: 7
    1/4/5/3/80
    Other: -2SpA for 1r
    Item: Life Orb​

    Round 7​


    Short Fuse attacked with Ice Punch and finishes off Behemoth. Cyclohm fainted!

    data (open)

    Electivire: Ice Punch: (8+1.5+2)*1.5= 17.25 damage for 6 energy
    Crit: 3 (no)
    Static: 10 (no)

    Cyclohm fainted!


    Gym Leader Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 39
    En: 74
    5/2/4/3/95
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt

    bench (open)
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 58
    En: 73
    1/4/5/3/80
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt



    Challenger's Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: KO
    En: KO
    1/4/5/3/80
    Other: -2SpA for 1r
    Item: Life Orb​

    Texas Cloverleaf sends out Kingdra with item
    Dogfish44 gives orders
    Texas Cloverleaf gives orders
    I Ref
  3. Texas Cloverleaf

    Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2009
    Messages:
    7,574
    Kingdra @ Dragon Scale

    It is time.
  4. Dogfish44

    Dogfish44 Banned from 22 Casinos
    is a Forum Moderator
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,000
    [​IMG]

    "Electivire, I have the morbid feeling this isn't your fight to win..."

    Initiating Switch Phrase

    Electivire Out, Cyclohm in

    Texas Cloverleaf is unable to counterswitch!

    Dragon Pulse ~ Dragon Meteor ~ Dragon Pulse

    IF Focus Energy, THEN Thunder Wave
    IF Damaging Evasive, THEN Slack Off the first time, Chill the second, Slack Off the third.
  5. Texas Cloverleaf

    Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2009
    Messages:
    7,574
    Hmm, I have a 60% chance to win this turn but a 40% chance to lose based on luck. I prefer this option.

    Bide ~ Store ~ Release
  6. Frosty

    Frosty
    is a Community Contributor

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Messages:
    731
    Gym Leader Team
    bench (open)
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 39
    En: 74
    5/2/4/3/95
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt


    [​IMG]
    Hp: 58
    En: 73
    1/4/5/3/80
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt


    Challenger's Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp:100
    En: 100
    3/3/4/3/98 (+11%acc)
    Other:
    Item: Dragon Scale

    Round 8​


    And Texas sends out to the field his last pokemon: Poseidon the Kingdra. And it now lays on his back the responsability to bring home victory against Dogfish's Nimbus the Cyclohm and Short Fuse the Electivire.

    Speaking of them, the Gym Leader decides to switch both as Short Fuse is called back, while Nimbus is sent out to the field!

    And it comes with a blast as it begins a massive assault at the newcomer as Nimbus attacks with Dragon Pulse followed by Draco Meteor.

    Poseidon, however, was prepared for it and begins to Bide to Hold all that energy and then release it against Nimbus, defeating it easily.

    With a cost. A massive energy cost.

    AND NOW THE BATTLE IS 1 VS 1. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED AS THE NEXT ROUND PROMISES TO BE TENSE!


    data (open)

    Kindgra: Bide

    Cyclohm: Dragon Pulse: (9+3+3+2)*1.5= 25.5 damage for 6 energy
    Crit: 3 (no)

    Kingdra: Bide

    Cyclohm: Draco Meteor: (14+3+3+2)*1.5= 33 damage for 9 energy
    Hit: 60 (yes)
    Crit: 10 (no)

    Kingdra: Release: (25.5+33)*1.75= 102.37 damage for 6+(102.37/2)= 57.18 energy

    Cyclohm fainted!


    Gym Leader Team
    bench (open)
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 39
    En: 74
    5/2/4/3/95
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt


    [​IMG]
    Hp: KO
    En: KO
    1/4/5/3/80
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt


    Challenger's Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 41
    En: 43
    3/3/4/3/98 (+11%acc)
    Other:
    Item: Dragon Scale

    Texas Cloverleaf's turn
  7. Texas Cloverleaf

    Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2009
    Messages:
    7,574
    Brine ~ Hydro Pump ~ Brine

    If Endure and endure has not already been used this round, Whirlpool that action and push back
    If Thunder Wave (including combo) and you are not slower and you are not Taunted and you do not already have a substitute, Substitute (15) that action

    Good luck dogfish, and very gg either way this shakes out. Been one hell of a match.
  8. Dogfish44

    Dogfish44 Banned from 22 Casinos
    is a Forum Moderator
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,000
    [​IMG]

    "Make the final roll of the dice then..."

    Dual Chop ~ Dual Chop + Quick Attack ~ Cooldown [Dual Chop]

    IF Dual Chop misses A1, THEN Thunder Wave A2 and Teleport [Evasive] A3


    Combination marked legal by a TLR referee, if you object I would like to postpone the reffing until a ruling can be gained...
  9. Texas Cloverleaf

    Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2009
    Messages:
    7,574
    I'm not convinced the combination is legal but I'll leave it up to Frosty's discretion.
  10. Frosty

    Frosty
    is a Community Contributor

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Messages:
    731
    Gym Leader Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 39
    En: 74
    5/2/4/3/95
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt


    Challenger's Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 41
    En: 43
    3/3/4/3/98 (+11%acc)
    Other:
    Item: Dragon Scale

    Round 9​


    Poseidon attacks Short Fuse with Brine that goes deep into the Electivire's wounds and, powered by the Rain, deals quite some damage. Short Fuse counters with a Dual Chop of Draconic power, with an extra boost thanks to the Expert Belt.

    On the following turn, the Kingdra was ready to finish the match with a swift Hydro Pump, but Short Fuse was ready for it and it combines Quick Attack and Dual Chop to quickly strike Kingdra with two chops of great strenght ending the match. Kingdra fainted!

    The Gym Leader wins!

    data (open)

    Kingdra: Brine: 13+3+3+1.5 = 20.5 damage for 7 energy
    Crit:3 (no)

    Electivire: Dual Chop: (4*2+2+3)*1.5= 19.5 damage for 6 energy
    Hit: 20 (yes)
    Crit: 8, 8 (no no)

    Electivire: COMBO (Quick Attack + Dual Chop): (2+4*2+2+3)*1.5= 22.5 damage for 21 energy
    NOTE: Quick Attack mentions a strike. Strike is "To hit sharply, as with the hand, the fist, or a weapon", so I can see it being hit with the hand creating a chop. Hence allowing this.
    Hit: 68 (yes)
    Crit: 11, 10 (no no)

    Kingdra fainted!

    Texas Cloverleaf is out of useable pokemon!


    Gym Leader Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: 18
    En: 47
    5/2/4/3/95
    Other:
    Item: Expert Belt


    Challenger's Team
    [​IMG]
    Hp: KO
    En: KO
    3/3/4/3/98 (+11%acc)
    Other:
    Item: Dragon Scale

    Prizes:
    Dogfish44: 2CC
    Cyclohm: 3MC
    Krillowatt: 3MC, 1KOC (Colossoil)
    Electivire: 3MC, 2KOC (Cyclohm, Kingdra)

    Texas Cloverleaf: 2CC
    Cyclohm: 3MC, 1KOC (Krillowatt)
    Kingdra: 3MC, 1KOC (Cyclohm)
    Colossoil: 3MC

    Frosty: 7 + 6*0.5 = 10 UC
  11. Texas Cloverleaf

    Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2009
    Messages:
    7,574
    Good game and well played dogfish. You can be sure I'll be returning once more to claim your badge.
  12. Dogfish44

    Dogfish44 Banned from 22 Casinos
    is a Forum Moderator
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,000
    [​IMG]

    "As they say... that was too close. I'll await your return!"

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)