Electrode (Skeleton) [QC 0/3]

[OVERVIEW]

- Upside down Pokeball = win
- Massive Speed (base 140)
- Great for setting up a quick RD
- Good supportive movepool, and can abuse STAB Thunder in Rain
- Frail and not exactly powerful
- Poor offensive movepool (limited to Electric moves, Hidden Power and Signal Beam. Don't even think about explosion anymore)

[SET]
name: Rain Dance
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Taunt / Magic Coat
move 3: Thunder
move 4: Volt Switch / HP Water
item: Damp Rock
ability: Soundproof
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

- Really gets the momentum going for Rain teams
- Rain Dance gives 7 turns of rain for Swift Swimmers, and lets Electrode abuse Thunder
- Taunt prevents setup, but Magic Coat can reflect nasty things. Riskier than Taunt, but has a greater payoff
- Thunder is a powerful STAB move it can use in the Rain
- Volt Switch lets you bring in a Rain sweeper, can scout
- HP Water Ground- types, since they're untouchable, and gains a boost in the Rain

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- Soundproof lets it act as a great Yanmega check, being able to switch into the most common move of the most common set (Bug Buzz, SpcesLens)
- HP Ice is an option to hit Grass types and Flygon/Torterra hard, whereas HP Grass hits Gastrodon and Quagsire
- good partners MIGHT be Swift swimmers, but its your choice
- Ludicolo can come in on Ground attacks, Kingdra is the most powerful and dangerous, etc.

[Checks and Counters]

- Since it'll mainly be using Electric- type moves, Ground types are a given
- However, it's not Electrode you should be focusing on countering, but the Swift Swimmer coming in
- Really fast, so you'll need Scarfed Pokemon to outrun and KO the ball

[Other Options]

- Static is also a fine ability, with a 30% chance of paralyzing when using a contact move
- Signal Beam can destroy Celebi, and other 4x weaknesses like Shiftry, Exeggutor, Cacturne. The last three are really rare though
- Explosion was weak last gen, and is two times weaker now. Not really gonna scratch anything off 50 base Attack, but it lets a Rain sweeper get in for free

[Dream World]

- Aftermath is seriously cool, becasue when Electrode is KOd by a contact move, the opponent loses 25% of their HP.

Yeah, i did. Thanks for pointing that out :) I always confuse those two

EDIT: personally, i dont think Electrode should have any more sets other than RD lead

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe slash HP Water beside Volt Switch and keep HP Ice down in AC for Grass-types and Flygon, and add HP Grass to AC for Gastrodon and Quagsire? No reason to mention HP Ice in OO if it's already in the AC. And maybe mention Charge Beam in OO? Also, no reason to mention Explosion.

Maybe slash HP Water beside Volt Switch and keep HP Ice down in AC for Grass-types and Flygon, and add HP Grass to AC for Gastrodon and Quagsire? No reason to mention HP Ice in OO if it's already in the AC. And maybe mention Charge Beam in OO? Also, no reason to mention Explosion.
Lol, had a bit of trouble understanding that. Guess im a little tired. I fixed the OP with your suggestions, can you please give it another quick glance to see if what i wrote was what you intended? thanks

Maybe a lifeOrb or choice specs set could work?It has good speed and chargebeam to work with or use choice specs to hit hard right off the bat.Also a mention of Torment?It's the second fastest user of it.

It's entirely, completely outclassed by stuff like Jolteon, Raikou and Manectric with offensive sets. Torment is good on bulky Pokemon, but pretty much any half decent attack will bring Electrode down.

Electrode NEEDS Volt Switch for utility purposes. I wouldn't slash a Hidden Power at all. AC at best, imo.

Electrode NEEDS Volt Switch for utility purposes. I wouldn't slash a Hidden Power at all. AC at best, imo.

I agree. The only thing he can't switch away from is Dugtrio, and he shouldn't stay in on other Ground-types anyways. Also, Electrode doesn't have the raw power to make HP Water that effective anyways.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't really like Electrode in gen V UU. That rain dance isn't "outclassed" by anything but it just looks bad. I'd much rather use a sturdier rain dance users like Uxie (who can mental herb to bypass taunt and also has access to U-turn and Memento to safely bring in a sweeper)

Idk it might be just me, but i really don't like Electrode in UU.

QC REJECTED (1/3)

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with PK Gaming. The other big things are the existence of Jolteon, which has more power and comparable speed (and can actually sweep under Rain, unlike Electrode), and Accelgor, which has Rain Dance and Final Gambit, which is an infinitely better move than Explosion in Gen 5.

QC REJECTED (2/3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)