1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Emboar (Analysis)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Sir Skids Nickelton, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Skids Nickelton

Sir Skids Nickelton

My First Analysis, So Sorry If It Is Bad, Please Bear With Me. My Set Names May Also Stink, If You Don't Like Creative Names. Sorry If I Don't Have Permission To Do An Analysis, I Didn't Know.

Emboar. The Giant Fiery Hog. With A Base Attack Stat Of 123, And A Base Special Attack Of 100, It Can Be A Decent Attacker. Mediocre Defenses Do Not Allow Long Survivability, But Leftovers Can Improve That A Bit

My Sets

Speedy McPhysical
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    Leftovers/Quick Claw
    Rollout/Take Down
    Flame Charge
    Protect/Taunt/Bulk Up
    Head Smash/Stone Edge/Low Sweep/Bulldoze
    Ability: Blaze/Reckless
    Take Down And Head Smash Are For Reckless Sets, But Beware Recoil Followed Up By A Priority Move On The Next Turn. Protect And Taunt Are For Survivability. Bulk Up Can Be Used There For Better Sweeping Though. Stone Edge Is For Flying Types, Whilst Bulldoze Or Low Sweep Are For Reducing Speed. Bulldoze Is Good On Other Fire Types And Poison Types, Whilst Low Sweep Is Good On Dark, Rock, Steel, Ice And Normal. Rollout, Although Weak, Can Become Rather Strong If Continuously Used, And Is For Flying Types If You Don't Go Stone Edge. Flame Charge Is For More Speed. Leftovers Are For Survivability, While Quick Claw Is For Outspeeding Thing That Are Faster Than You. Take Your Pick.

Speedy McSpecial
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Leftovers/Quick Claw/Lum Berry
    Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Rest/Scald/Sunny Day
    SolarBeam/HP Water
    Focus Blast/Yawn
    Left Overs And Quick Claw Are For Survivability And Extra Outspeeding, Respectively, While Lum Berry Is For If You Are Running Rest. Scald Is For Grounds And High Attack Rocks, While HP Water Can Be Used If Using Rest Or Sunny Day, Which Factors In SolarBeam. Sunny Day Can Also Be Used For Boosting Flamethrower Or Fire Blast, Depending On If You Want Accuracy Or Power. Focus Blast Is For Power, And Yawn Is For If You Need To Sleep Ferrothorn And Hit It, Instead Of Risking A Miss And Taking Some Damage.

Counters
    Viable Emboar Counters Are Tornadus, Thundurus, And Landorus, As Long As They Outspeed It, But Torna And Thundur Must Beware A Quick Claw Stone Edge On The Speedy McPhysical Set, Whilst Landor Takes Neutral Damage, And Can Deal Serious Damage With EQ Or Fly, But Also Must Beware Quick Claw Stone Edge If Running Fly.

Dream World
    Emboar Gets Reckless As Its DW Ability, Boosting Take Down And Head Smash, But Also Boosting Recoil.

Hope You Like My First Analysis.
  2. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributordefeated the Smogon Frontier

I fucking love your set names.
  3. eriados

eriados

These are, quite literally, the best sets I have ever seen. Make more right now!
  4. Sir Skids Nickelton

Sir Skids Nickelton

Really? Thanks Guys!! You Two Rock. The Set Names Are At Least More Creative Than Fast Special Attacker Or Fast Physical Attacker. And I'd Make More Sets, But I'm All Out. Sorry. But Literally The Best Sets You've Ever Seen? Wow, I Must Be Good.
  5. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

"No."

Not only is Emboar terrible, but this is EXTREMELY poorly written to the point of unreadable. Also I'm pretty sure nobody ever legitimately uses capitals to start every single word in a post.
  6. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

gIMMICKY sETS aREN'T vERY fUNNY bUT mAYBE tHEY'LL sEEM fUNNIER iF yOU tYPE lIKE A mORON
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)