Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

Building a stall team for this meta is going to be really hard, so many threats, Mold Breaker/Tinted Lens are the reason stall is hardly going to be viable, that's kinda sad, all you gotta do is to reserve one slot of your team to run a Mold Breaker + Tinted Lens/Magic Bounce/whatever, and you're probably not gonna have problems with stall, ban mold breaker. jk, lol. not really, rip stall ;-;.

EDIT: What about Mummy? It would be cool if it could disable secondary abilities, like Aerilate and... Mold Breaker lel.

Last edited:
To be quite damn honest, Enigma Berry!Cloyster would be Berry Strong(TM). Case in point...

DrillBreaker (Cloyster) (M)* @ Enigma Berry
Ability: Refrigerate + Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant / Jolly if former spread, Lonely / Hasty / Naughty / Naive if latter spread
- Ice Shard / Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Spike Cannon
*Witty name optional since this is just a theory

What could sticking Spike Cannon in the Fridge(-erate) do, you ask? Well, read it and weep.
+4 252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 375-440 (92.8 - 108.9%) -- approx. 62.5% chance to OHKO (75, 75, 76, 76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88)
+4 252+ Atk Refrigerate Cloyster Spike Cannon (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 380-455 (94 - 112.6%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO (76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88, 88, 90, 91)
+4 252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 375-440 (92.8 - 108.9%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (75, 75, 76, 76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88)
+4 252+ Atk Refrigerate Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 380-455 (94 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88, 88, 90, 91)

Okay, let me explain. Spike Cannon, which Cloyster can learn but isn't in this here damage calculator, is both Normal-type and 5 BP below Icicle Spear. Add the Refrigerate and STAB boosts, and Spike Cannon surprisingly does a bit more damage. This obviously matters more the more Attack boosts Cloyster has.

And if that doesn't strike your fancy? Maybe you can just try Hard Stone on anything with Swift Swim, Rain Dish, or Hydration!

Big Bertha (Lapras) (F) @ Hard Stone
Ability: Drizzle + Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Bold / Calm
- Freeze Dry / Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Rest
- Thunder / Whirlpool
Now, my all-time favorite mon over here won't feel an ounce of the damage you put on it. You'd better pray you have STAB Bolt Strike, Thunder, Low Kick, or Grass Knot on hand depending on the situation. Yeah, it's both a tank and a Perish-trapper. Deal with it.

Building a stall team for this meta is going to be really hard, so many threats, Mold Breaker/Tinted Lens are the reason stall is hardly going to be viable, that's kinda sad, all you gotta do is to reserve one slot of your team to run a Mold Breaker + Tinted Lens/Magic Bounce/whatever, and you're probably not gonna have problems with stall, ban mold breaker. jk, lol. not really, rip stall ;-;.

EDIT: What about Mummy? It would be cool if it could disable secondary abilities, like Aerilate and... Mold Breaker lel.
Stall gets arbitrary Regenerator cores, widespread access to Intimidate to slow down Mold Breaker setup sweepers, arbitrary Prankster access (Prankster Chandelure running Infiltrator as its non-Item Ability can put Will O Wisp on foes through a substitute at priority), arbitrary Oblivious (Which blocks Taunt, even Mold Breaker Taunt), arbitrary Magic Guards to shrug off hazards, Desolate Land and Primordial Sea can be used to shut down key weaknesses in a form that ignores Mold Breaker, and for that matter so does Delta Stream. Delta Stream Zapdos has literally no weaknesses, and your set-up sweeper it switched into can't do anything to get around that if it can't ground Zapdos.

Mold Breaker is annoying, but just means that Unaware isn't a mindless check to setup sweepers, and there are tons of options for slowing them up or taking them out.

The things that can get both Mold Breaker and Tinted Lens are few and far between, and not necessarily helped that much by it. Excadrill is one of the overall best native Mold Breaker users, and its primary STAB is still blocked by Flying typing. (Haxorus is another, and it hates Fairies. Klefki is its worst nightmare with Prankster Magnet Rise, and Tinted Lens is only going to, like, make Rock Slide less ineffective, and that's before Klefki gets some horrifying Ability of its own. Infiltrator?) Yeah, sure, Iron Head is effectively unresisted by Zapdos and Skarmory, but that's only really helpful against, like, Skarmory and Delta Stream Zapdos (Rock Slide will hit harder against other Zapdos), and it's imperfect at best.

+2 252+ Atk Tinted Lens Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 168-198 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- 78.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah, fair enough, Excadrill with Tinted Lens can 2HKO Skarmory while boosted. (Skarmory Whirlwinds you out while you hit it) This is assuming ,you know, it's not Intimidate Skarmory, which is most certainly not 2HKOed. If it's Regenerator Skarmory it doesn't even need to stay in to heal -voila, it undoes more than half your damage by switching.

Prankster Haze is also a check to setup sweepers, regardless of, you know, everything else. (Don't give a crap about Mold Breaker) Did you know Dusclops gets Haze? And already has tons of motivation to run Prankster? Or maybe Milotic. Heck, I already mentioned Prankster Chandelure -it gets Haze too!

To be quite damn honest, Enigma Berry!Cloyster would be Berry Strong(TM). Case in point...

Nature: Adamant / Jolly if former spread, Lonely / Hasty / Naughty / Naive if latter spread
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Spike Cannon

What could sticking Spike Cannon in the Fridge(-erate) do, you ask? Well, read it and weep.
+4 252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 375-440 (92.8 - 108.9%) -- approx. 62.5% chance to OHKO (75, 75, 76, 76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88)
+4 252+ Atk Refrigerate Cloyster Spike Cannon (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 380-455 (94 - 112.6%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO (76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88, 88, 90, 91)
+4 252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 375-440 (92.8 - 108.9%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (75, 75, 76, 76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88)
+4 252+ Atk Refrigerate Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 380-455 (94 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (76, 78, 79, 79, 81, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 85, 87, 88, 88, 90, 91)

Okay, let me explain. Spike Cannon, which Cloyster can learn but isn't in this here damage calculator, is both Normal-type and 5 BP below Icicle Spear. Add the Refrigerate and STAB boosts, and Spike Cannon surprisingly does a bit more damage. This obviously matters more the more Attack boosts Cloyster has.
???

Spike Cannon's base BP is only 20. After a Refrigerate, it's effectively 26 BP. That's not worth using over Icicle Spear, not when it demands an item slot.

Take Technician instead, which boosts both your multi-hit moves (Icicle Spear, Rock Blast) by 50%. Also bolsters Ice Shard, which you've got slashed into the set.

Also, why on earth are you calcing Cloyster at +4? Shell Smash will only get it to +2.

And if that doesn't strike your fancy? Maybe you can just try Hard Stone on anything with Swift Swim, Rain Dish, or Hydration!

- Freeze Dry / Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Rest
- Thunder / Whirlpool
Now, my all-time favorite mon over here won't feel an ounce of the damage you put on it. You'd better pray you have STAB Bolt Strike, Thunder, Low Kick, or Grass Knot on hand depending on the situation. Yeah, it's both a tank and a Perish-trapper. Deal with it.
Primordial Sea is better unless you want it to provide Rain support, blocking anything short of Delta Stream or Desolate Land, completely eliminating Fire moves, and letting you stall indefinitely. So, Thick Club instead.

Looks like a cool Pokemon regardless.

Is Unburden useless now? I mean now that you cant get rid of your item, I dont see the point of running it unless I am missing something...
There's still items that retain their effect, and presumably are excluded from the sticky effect. Notably, Lum and Sitrus are unaltered. It's still possible to Substitute down until Sitrus triggers, or Rest-trigger Unburden/trick the foe into triggering Lum.

Staraptor @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- Roost

Gale Wings + Reckless = Savagery
Eeeeh. Reckless isn't that good, and why invest in Speed when you've got priority? It is the hardest hitting Brave Bird around (Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent obviously wins, but, you know, broke Ubers etc), but I'm a bit more interested in Braviary (Defiant, Bulk Up) or Honchkrow. (Moxie! Also, Flying/Dark is actually a decent attacking combination, where Normal is only useful coverage for Flying against Electric types. Dark does that and helps against Steel, Rock, Ghost, and Psychic types. Notably, Sucker Punch gives it dual priority, and it still has Superpower if you want to really screw up Steel or Rock types, such as Tyranitar)

It is a mostly-straightforward upgrade to Talonflame as a straightforward revenge killer, as Staraptor's Reckless-boosted Brave Bird is stronger than Talonflame's Banded Brave Bird. (Close Combat is weaker than Flare Blitz, thanks to STAB, but now Talonflame has to worry about Primordial Sea. Close Combat isn't blocked by any Ability) Talonflame's ability to combine with actually good Abilities gives it a clear place, though -Infiltrator Talonflame will revenge stuff like Substitute-abusing setup sweepers. (Substitute+Calm Mind Keldeo, for instance)

Last edited:

- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Spike Cannon

- Freeze Dry / Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Rest
- Thunder / Whirlpool
Cloyster would really prefer Technician or Tinted Lens (or maybe Mold Breaker) over Refrigerate. As you can see in your own calcs, Refrigerate's damage boost is exceptionally low.

+4 252+ Atk Technician Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 545-645 (134.9 - 159.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252+ Atk Refrigerate Cloyster Return (about as strong as 5-hit Spike Cannon) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 388-457 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Technician Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 90-105 (26.2 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Tinted Lens Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 120-150 (34.9 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The only reason to run Refrigerate Cloyster is for an unblockable Rapid Spin, but Excadrill makes a vastly better Refrigerate Rapid Spin user, simply because Steel+Ground+Ice coverage with Mold Breaker is fantastic. Funnily enough, Tinted Lens Cloyster could be a nice partner for luring in the bulky Water-types that check Excadrill.

+2 252 Atk Tinted Lens Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 210-260 (51.9 - 64.3%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Eeeeh. Reckless isn't that good, and why invest in Speed when you've got priority? It is the hardest hitting Brave Bird around (Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent obviously wins, but, you know, broke Ubers etc), but I'm a bit more interested in Braviary (Defiant, Bulk Up) or Honchkrow. (Moxie! Also, Flying/Dark is actually a decent attacking combination, where Normal is only useful coverage for Flying against Electric types. Dark does that and helps against Steel, Rock, Ghost, and Psychic types. Notably, Sucker Punch gives it dual priority, and it still has Superpower if you want to really screw up Steel or Rock types, such as Tyranitar)

It is a mostly-straightforward upgrade to Talonflame as a straightforward revenge killer, as Staraptor's Reckless-boosted Brave Bird is stronger than Talonflame's Banded Brave Bird. (Close Combat is weaker than Flare Blitz, thanks to STAB, but now Talonflame has to worry about Primordial Sea. Close Combat isn't blocked by any Ability) Talonflame's ability to combine with actually good Abilities gives it a clear place, though -Infiltrator Talonflame will revenge stuff like Substitute-abusing setup sweepers. (Substitute+Calm Mind Keldeo, for instance)
One huge reason to use Talonflame over Staraptor is the ability to run Magic Guard. While Staraptor only has so many switch-ins before it dies on its own, especially against Regen cores and Rough Skin/Iron Barbs and status, Talonflame doesn't lose anything by coming in, clicking Brave Bird once, and being forced out. I'd run it on any team that needs its revenge killer to perform against balance.

Not to mention that Talonflame can specifically run stallbreaker sets, between your status ignorance and WoW/Taunt and useful defensive typing.

Last edited:
First of all, why would you use Dusclops if you can't use Eviolite? Anyway, you seem to underestimate how powerful Mold Breaker can be. Mold Breaker Rain Dance TG Manaphy has barely no counter in stall, you would need to use Haze, and Haze's distribution is not that good (Dusknoir gets like +5 HP, Def and SpD, so yeah, it's not viable because Eviolite Dusclops barely is), I guess Prankster Milotic is an ok option because of how specially bulk it is, but yeah, it's not doing anything back to Manaphy (Hydratation), while Manaphy can use EB. Weezing could work against physical attackers, because Prankster Haze + Wisp is an amazing combination, but then again, MB bypasses Levitate and then EQ can hit quite hard (watch out for Mold Breaker Magic Bounce Haxorus). I understand that free access to Regenerator, Magic Guard, Magic Bounce and Unaware should, in theory, make this meta a stall fest. But Jesus. How wrong this is. Thanks to Mold Breaker, it's easy to setup hazards and prevent Defog with a Mold Breaker Taunt Skarmory, making it easy to pressure stall teams. I know stall players (and I include myself, altho I use other archetypes) will probably find ways to stop what is common in the ladder (if possible), but it's not fair how easily offense can pick generic mons to break trough stall while you have to look for lures. Some metas were made to be extremely offensive (Metagamiate, for example), but other should allow an equal ground for all playstyles. Also, sorry for any grammatical mistakes, english is not my first language.

EDIT: I don't think stall is completely unviable, with the right combination of abilities and match-up you can definitely do well, I just think that Mold Breaker, Tinted Lens, Kyurem-B and Protean makes it too easy to break stall. Jesus, I was reading all the pages of this thread and almost half of it were people talking about how many stallbreakers they could find lol

Last edited:

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 139-165 (21.6 - 25.7%) -- 0.9% chance to 4HKO
Chansey, which is a staple on stall teams, somewhat easily counters Mana, not even being 4hkoed w/o burn with access to healing, while it 4hkos Manaphy back with Scald.

Keldeo is nice but without boosting, it really doesn't break everything.
252 SpA Tinted Lens Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 152-180 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Latias doesn't even have that much physical bulk and with no defense EVs at all, it avoids the 2hko from Keldeo but 2hkos back (also has access to recovery)

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 139-165 (21.6 - 25.7%) -- 0.9% chance to 4HKO
Chansey, which is a staple on stall teams, somewhat easily counters Mana, not even being 4hkoed w/o burn with access to healing, while it 4hkos Manaphy back with Scald.

Keldeo is nice but without boosting, it really doesn't break everything.
252 SpA Tinted Lens Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 152-180 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Latias doesn't even have that much physical bulk and with no defense EVs at all, it avoids the 2hko from Keldeo but 2hkos back (also has access to recovery)
Chansey (I guess you can still use it) can't deal with Rain Dance + Rest Manaphy (+6 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 333-393 (51.8 - 61.2%)), although in this case grass types could deal with it, unless it's Calm Mind. And about Keldeo, I have to apologize, I was using Specs on the calcs, my bad lol.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I feel like Stall could fit a Desolate Land Pokemon to counter Manaphy (unless it runs Primodial Sea, but in that case its not running Mold Breaker and a bulky Unawaremon can deal with it), as Desolate Land is a very powerful ability to have. It can even double as a Keldeo check as well if it has good physical bulk and a fighting resist. I'm not sure what mon would be the best for this, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. Maybe Hippowdon?

Cofagrigus @ Soul Dew
Ability: Mummy and Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This set can be pretty cool to use against most physical attackers. You have priority in all of your moves (lol), and Haze + Wisp is awesome. Magic Bounce could protect them from wisp, but at least you can stop a sweep with haze.

Since this is in the running for OMOTM, I will make a few (Potentially bad) sets for the Fairy bird Togekiss

Bulky Physical Pixilate
Togekiss @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Hp / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Defog
- Roost

While it's minuscule 218 Attack might seem bad, when boosted by Pixilate and Hustle, it's Extreme Speed can do massive damage, If it hits. Drain Punch is useful if you are going up against a steel type. It is also the only fairy type to get Extreme speed

Special Pixilate
Togekiss @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog

This moveset takes advantage of Fairy type Tri Attack. I use it over Hyper Voice because of the boosted chance to status. Air Slash is also good for flinching the opponent.

Magic Guard Flincher
Togekiss @ Snowball
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
This set is basically Clefable + Jirachi. Both are incredibly annoying on their own and when combined are a real difficulty to take out. The immunity to burn and toxic plus reliable recovery and the ability to paraflinch all in one pokemon. Might be better on Clefable, though.

This set also might be better on other pokemon.
Delta Stream Flincher
Togekiss @ Grepa Berry
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog
This set allows Togekiss to beat almost all special refrigerate users.
252+ SpA Refrigerate Kyurem-B Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss in Strong Winds: 130-154 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- 68.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Since this is in the running for OMOTM, I will make a few (Potentially bad) sets for the Fairy bird Togekiss

Bulky Physical Pixilate
Togekiss @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Hp / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Defog
- Roost

While it's minuscule 218 Attack might seem bad, when boosted by Pixilate and Hustle, it's Extreme Speed can do massive damage, If it hits. Drain Punch is useful if you are going up against a steel type. It is also the only fairy type to get Extreme speed

Special Pixilate
Togekiss @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog

This moveset takes advantage of Fairy type Tri Attack. I use it over Hyper Voice because of the boosted chance to status. Air Slash is also good for flinching the opponent.

Magic Guard Flincher
Togekiss @ Snowball
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
This set is basically Clefable + Jirachi. Both are incredibly annoying on their own and when combined are a real difficulty to take out. The immunity to burn and toxic plus reliable recovery and the ability to paraflinch all in one pokemon. Might be better on Clefable, though.

This set also might be better on other pokemon.
Delta Stream Flincher
Togekiss @ Grepa Berry
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog
This set allows Togekiss to beat almost all special refrigerate users.
252+ SpA Refrigerate Kyurem-B Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss in Strong Winds: 130-154 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- 68.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Those are good, but I will have more fun with this set:

Togekiss @ Gale Wings
253 HP/252 SpA/4 Spe
Modest Nature
-Air Slash
-Nasty Plot
-Roost
-Baton Pass

Nasty Plot on a switch, then either give it to a teammate or hax everything with +2 priority air slash. If you get low, priority Roost comes up clutch.

Has anyone considered Own Tempo on anything?
I'm on mobile rn so can't build any good sets, but it seems like it could help out a whole lot of mons.
The only problem is that you can't Band it.

First of all, why would you use Dusclops if you can't use Eviolite? Anyway, you seem to underestimate how powerful Mold Breaker can be. Mold Breaker Rain Dance TG Manaphy has barely no counter in stall, you would need to use Haze, and Haze's distribution is not that good (Dusknoir gets like +5 HP, Def and SpD, so yeah, it's not viable because Eviolite Dusclops barely is), I guess Prankster Milotic is an ok option because of how specially bulk it is, but yeah, it's not doing anything back to Manaphy (Hydratation), while Manaphy can use EB. Weezing could work against physical attackers, because Prankster Haze + Wisp is an amazing combination, but then again, MB bypasses Levitate and then EQ can hit quite hard (watch out for Mold Breaker Magic Bounce Haxorus). I understand that free access to Regenerator, Magic Guard, Magic Bounce and Unaware should, in theory, make this meta a stall fest. But Jesus. How wrong this is. Thanks to Mold Breaker, it's easy to setup hazards and prevent Defog with a Mold Breaker Taunt Skarmory, making it easy to pressure stall teams. I know stall players (and I include myself, altho I use other archetypes) will probably find ways to stop what is common in the ladder (if possible), but it's not fair how easily offense can pick generic mons to break trough stall while you have to look for lures. Some metas were made to be extremely offensive (Metagamiate, for example), but other should allow an equal ground for all playstyles. Also, sorry for any grammatical mistakes, english is not my first language.

EDIT: I don't think stall is completely unviable, with the right combination of abilities and match-up you can definitely do well, I just think that Mold Breaker, Tinted Lens, Kyurem-B and Protean makes it too easy to break stall. Jesus, I was reading all the pages of this thread and almost half of it were people talking about how many stallbreakers they could find lol
Yeah, Dusclops was a derp on my part, but I find it baffling that you apparently didn't bother to read the part where I said

Oblivious blocks Mold Breaker Taunt.

The end, period, no questions asked. Yes, sure, go ahead and Mold Breaker Taunt Skarmory. It does nothing if it has Oblivious. Taunt is applied and then immediately cured, and Skarmory carries on with its Defog as if nothing happened. Congratulations. You wasted your turn while Skarmory was busy wiping your hard-earned hazards.

No, you cannot freely set up hazards that cannot be removed when facing a proper stall team just because Mold Breaker Taunt exists, and I already proved it doesn't. At most you can set up hazards freely and then try to punish Defog with a surprise Defiant or something. (Slap Defiant onto Druddigon? It does get Sucker Punch) Since Ability Items are all Stickied, you'll have to turn to entirely different answers if you want to screw up Oblivious stallmons -put them to Sleep or whatever. Not Taunt them.

Magic Bounce Haxorus can be Burned by Mold Breaker-holding Sableye. (I will admit that if a Magic Bouncer gets up a Substitute, you're in trouble, as you can't get Mold Breaker+Prankster+Infiltrator)

If we're talking Mold Breaker Manaphy, Milotic just drops Toxic on it after it's hit it with Haze and just stalls it out easy. Prankster Milotic only struggles to actually defeat something like Primordial Sea Manaphy, or Magic Bounce Manaphy. Yeah, sure, whatever, Manaphy can set Rain Dance and Rest, but... you're talking it just spamming Scald at that point (No other slots left if its Rain Dance+Tail Glow+Rest), which gets broken by Desolate Land anything. Why would you do that in Enchanted Items?

Let's go over the other Hazers real quick, ignoring not-fully-evolved and Ubers of course.

Altaria, Arbok, Articuno, Aurorus, Blastoise, Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Crobat, Cryogonal, Dodrio, Dragalge, Dragonite, Drifblim, Dusknoir, Garbodor, Gengar, Honchkrow, Kingler, Mantine, Masquerain, Milotic, Muk, Octillery, Omastar, Politoed, Poliwrath, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Seaking, Seviper, Skuntank, Smeargle, Tentacruel, Vaporeon, Volcanion, Weezing, Xatu, and Zygarde.

Obviously a lot of these won't work out so well in practice, but let's go over the ones with potential...

Altaria

Agility, Cotton Guard, Dragon Dance, Feather Dance, Haze, Heal Bell, Hone Claws, Mimic, Mirror Move, Mist, Perish Song, Power Swap, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Refresh, Rest, Roost, Safeguard, Sing, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Sunny Day, Tailwind, Toxic, Wonder Room.

Removed banned options (Swagger), redundant options (Why Growl when you have Feather Dance?), options that barely benefit from Prankster, if they could be said to benefit at all, (Protect, Roar) and generally awful options. (Yaaaay, Attract) We still have a fairly amazing support Pokemon, and Natural Cure is even a useful ability for Stall, stacking well. A key scary point is that Prankster Altaria can be used to maneuver for Mega Altaria to be ready to go -Prankster Cotton Guard in the face of a Physical attacker, or Prankster Power Swap in the face of something like a double-Dragon Danced Haxorus and commence with your own sweep while Mega Evolving.

Aurorus

Barrier, Calm Mind, Encore, Growl, Hail, Haze, Iron Defense, Light Screen, Magnet Rise, Mist, Nature Power, Protect, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Rock Polish, Safeguard, Sandstorm, Sleep Talk, Stealth Rock, Substitute, Thunder Wave, Toxic

You know what I see? A dual-screens setter that can produce priority Special Ice moves. (And has priority Magnet Rise to screw with Earthquake coverage, though admittedly Rock/Ice is such an awful typing most Pokemon will have relevant coverage regardless Or fuck over setup sweepers with Encore. Or Calm Mind up and then sweep with Refrigerate Nature Power running at +1 priority.

Chandelure

Acid Armor, Calm Mind, Confuse Ray, Curse, Embargo, Haze, Imprison, Memento, Pain Split, Power Split, Protect, Psych Up, Rest, Safeguard, Sleep Talk, Spite, Substitute, Sunny Day, Taunt, Telekinesis, Toxic, Trick, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp

Notice that we have a death-sentence inducer who can cripple foes in various ways. Eviolite Lampent is probably the superior choice, ending up with more bulk -it has the same HP and 2/3rds the base defenses, which is less than it sounds and has all the Status moves Chandelure has- but the basic idea remains. Gimmicky? Maybe. Anti-setup sweeper hell? Definitely.

Cofagrigus

Block, Calm Mind, Confide, Curse, Destiny Bond, Disable, Embargo, Fake Tears, Guard Split, Haze, Heal Block, Imprison, Iron Defense, Magic Coat, Mean Look, Memento, Nasty Plot, Nightmare, Pain Split, Power Split, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Rest, Role Play, Safeguard, Scary Face, Skill Swap, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Spite, Substitute, Telekinesis, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Trick, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Wonder Room

Toxic Spikes setter with tremendous bulk whom has always been held back by their poor Speed and their Knock Off vulnerability. (Which isn't nearly as relevant in Enchanted items) This is a ridiculous Physical wall, able to spread Burn, Iron Defense up, and break slower setup sweepers (The kind reliant on recovery to give them time) with Heal Block or Disable. If you're backed into a corner, priority Destiny Bond takes the enemy out.

Dusknoir

Calm Mind, Confide, Confuse Ray, Curse, Destiny Bond, Disable, Embargo, Gravity, Haze, Imprison, Leer, Mean Look, Memento, Metronome, Mimic, Nightmare, Pain Split, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Rest, Skill Swap, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Spite, Substitute, Sunny Day, Taunt, Telekinesis, Torment, Toxic, Trick, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Wonder Room

Probably a bit overly similar to Cofagrigus in practice, with a less defensible statline. Pressure might be appreciated regardless, though.

Drifblim

Amnesia, Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Confide, Defog, Destiny Bond, Disable, Embargo, Focus Energy, Haze, Hypnosis, Magic Coat, Memento, Pain Split, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Recycle, Rest, Skill Swap, Sleep Talk, Spite, Stockpile, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swallow, Tailwind, Telekinesis, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Trick, Will-O-Wisp

I'll admit this is an unlikely Prankster Haze user, given one of the main things it brings to the table is fairly cool Baton Pass potential. It has a cool movepool regardless.

(Also, however much I like Drifblim, it's not exactly a thrilling Pokemon at the competitive level)

Garbodor

Amnesia, Confide, Curse, Haze, Mud Sport, Pain Split, Poison Gas, Rain Dance, Recycle, Rest, Rock Polish, Sleep Talk, Spikes, Spite, Stockpile, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swallow, Toxic, Toxic Spikes

Goddammit Garbodor, stop being so Garbodor.

Still, it might find a place on some teams. Probably not as a Prankster Haze user...

Gengar

Confide, Confuse Ray, Curse, Destiny Bond, Disable, Embargo, Haze, Hypnosis, Mean Look, Metronome, Mimic, Nightmare, Pain Split, Perish Song, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Reflect Type, Rest, Role Play, Scary Face, Skill Swap, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Spite, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Taunt, Telekinesis, Torment, Toxic, Trick, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Wonder Room

This has some neat potential, though I suspect Prankster Gengar would tend to be a bit specialized if it does find a role.

Honchkrow

Calm Mind, Captivate, Confide, Confuse Ray, Defog, Embargo, Feather Dance, Flatter, Haze, Mean Look, Mimic, Mirror Move, Nasty Plot, Nightmare, Perish Song, Psych Up, Psycho Shift, Rain Dance, Rest, Roost, Screech, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Spite, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Tailwind, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Torment, Toxic

There's a few notables in here, including priority Mirror Move, priority Feather Dance, and priority Perish Song, in addition to Haze.

I mostly consider it worth commentary because Moxie Prankster Honchkrow sounds like a nasty surprise.

Milotic

Aqua Ring, Coil, Confide, Confuse Ray, Hail, Haze, Hypnosis, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Mimic, Mist, Mud Sport, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Recover, Refresh, Rest, Safeguard, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Tickle, Toxic, Water Sport

Most notable for: prankster recovery, prankster Haze, prankster Light Screen, Prankster Safeguard, Prankster Coil.

Also for being quite bulky.

Muk

Acid Armor, Block, Confide, Curse, Disable, Haze, Imprison, Mean Look, Memento, Mimic, Pain Split, Poison Gas, Rain Dance, Rest, Scary Face, Screech, Sleep Talk, Stockpile, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swallow, Taunt, Torment, Toxic, Venom Drench

Eehhh. Bulkier than Garbodor, but loses out on Spiking.

Quagsire

Amnesia, Attract, Confide, Curse, Defense Curl, Eerie Impulse, Encore, Guard Swap, Hail, Haze, Mimic, Mist, Mud Sport, Protect, Rain Dance, Recover, Rest, Safeguard, Sandstorm, Sleep Talk, Stockpile, Substitute, Swallow, Tail Whip, Toxic, Yawn

Unaware+Prankster Haze is probably a bit redundant, but Prankster Encore is absolutely cool for dealing with Mold Breakers -since Mold Breaker announces itself, you'll know they aren't Magic Bounce, freeing Unaware Quagsire to switch into most Physical setup sweepers fairly fearlessly. If they're not priority abusing Mold Breakers, Quagsire can Prankster Encore the Dragon Dance or whatever, and if they aren't Mold Breaker... there you go, Unaware.

Qwilfish

Confide, Defense Curl, Destiny Bond, Hail, Harden, Haze, Mimic, Pain Split, Rain Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, Spikes, Stockpile, Substitute, Supersonic, Swords Dance, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Toxic Spikes

In practice probably more a lead for HO teams, if anything. Spread Spikes/Toxic Spikes, heal off the foe with Pain Split, take an attacker with you via Destiny Bond. Carry Taunt for stall teams foolish enough to not carry Oblivious.

Vaporeon

Acid Armor, Aqua Ring, Baby-Doll Eyes, Baton Pass, Charm, Confide, Curse, Fake Tears, Hail, Haze, Heal Bell, Mimic, Protect, Rain Dance, Refresh, Rest, Sing, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Tail Whip, Tickle, Toxic, Wish, Work Up, Yawn

Wish+Acid Armor and/or Baton Pass particularly stands out to me here. Prankster Wish isn't hugely notable, but the ability to put up a Wish and then Prankster Acid Armor in the face of a Physical attacker can give Vaporeon longevity, and Prankster Baton Pass means it can Wish pass with a high confidence that it won't take a hit on the following turn. (Bar priority, of course) Difficult, but possible, to squeeze in Haze, at least on the non-Acid Armor sets.

Weezing

Confide, Curse, Destiny Bond, Haze, Memento, Mimic, Pain Split, Poison Gas, Rain Dance, Rest, Screech, Sleep Talk, Spite, Stockpile, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swallow, Taunt, Torment, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Will-O-Wisp

Prankster Weezing looks pretty cool, just because it gets to keep Levitate and so only Mold Breaker can hit on more than one weakness -and Mold Breaker Physical just means you drop a Will O Wisp on them.

Xatu

Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Confide, Confuse Ray, Defog, Feather Dance, Guard Swap, Haze, Leer, Light Screen, Lucky Chant, Magic Coat, Magic Room, Me First, Mimic, Miracle Eye, Nightmare, Pain Split, Power Swap, Protect, Psych Up, Psycho Shift, Rain Dance, Reflect, Refresh, Rest, Roost, Simple Beam, Skill Swap, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Sunny Day, Tailwind, Telekinesis, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Trick, Trick Room, Wish

Magic Bounce Xatu looks like it has a lot of potential with Prankster. I'm boggling at its diversity here!

Haze might be unappreciated if you'd rather do something like Power Swap and then priority Me First or some such silliness, but Prankster Haze is definitely one of the many things Xatu brings to the table.

Smeargle is obvious, but probably has better things to do with its time than Prankster Haze. Prankster, yes, but not Prankster Haze.

Huzzah!

Has anyone considered Own Tempo on anything?
I'm on mobile rn so can't build any good sets, but it seems like it could help out a whole lot of mons.
The only problem is that you can't Band it.
Eeeeh. Own Tempo makes Outrage better, but not by much. The locking is still a key flaw. You're probably better off going for something that boosts damage output and running Dragon Claw or something. Haxorus with Protean is probably better, really.

I had fun with a 252 HP / 252 Def+ Bold Slowbro with Qualot Berry. Slowbro has fantastic physical bulk, great resistances, reliable recovery, and now a combination of Regenerator and Unaware - this stop almost any physical sweeper (aside the rare banded electric / grass attackers). It's quite the potent tank.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
petition to rename this enchanted items: regenerator

Yes yes, there's a lot of bugs. Will make a new pastebin with corrected code tonight. The double abilities was an oversight on my part; everything else was just something I hadn't ran across in testing (there's a lot of abilities okay)

EDIT: sorry, family stuff left me unable to do it tonight. :( I know some stuff has been fixed, though

Last edited:
Some of these sets are probably mentioned, but I do have quite a few thoughts on Offensive Pokemon in this metagame.

First, Serperior.

Serperior @ Pamtre Berry (Tinted Lens)
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed/Glare
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [Ground]

Wow, this thing is kind of a monster. It's a near perfect Manaphy counter, and Manaphy is a fairly threat. With access to tinted lens, Serperior now no longer mourns over it's coverage. With Contrary giving +2 every turn using Leaf Storm, Serperior sets up as it attacks. With Tinted Lens, Serperior has nonexistent need for Dragon Pulse, as Leaf Storm does just as good in most cases.

+2 252 SpA Tinted Lens Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 322-378 (82.3 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 282-332 (72.1 - 84.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Now, with less need to run Dragon Pulse for coverage, Serperior can now utilize Glare or Leech Seed to help paralyze opposing pokemon, potentially ending sweeps, or heal off damage/force switches with Leech Seed.

Speaking of Manaphy...

Manaphy @ Thick Club (Primordial Sea)
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Energy Ball/Psychic

Like Serperior, Manaphy doesn't have much trouble setting up; it gets the +3 it needs in one turn! There isn't much difference in the set from the Manaphy used in OU, except for Rest. With the ability Primordial Sea, Manaphy can restore all its health in one turn thanks to Hydration. Access to Primordial Sea also helps Manaphy nab kills a lot easier.

And last but not least...

Weavile @ Enigma Berry (Refrigerate)
Ability: Pressure
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit/Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick/Pursuit

With Flying Types and Dragon Types being fairly common in this metagame, a solid Ice Check serves well, and who to do it but Weavile? Fake Out offers a quick free attack, and with Refrigerate, the damage is boosted and STAB comes into play. Frustration is the standard hard hitting move, with 102 power x1.3 and STAB. Pursuit is for trapping and dark type STAB, and Feint is a faster Ice Shard, used to hit Dragonite after breaking Multiscale. Feint + Fake Out is able to beat any Dragonite's who aren't running a bulky set.

So these are just some pokemon to think about. I'm sure others have listed sets similar, so sorry if one of my ideas seems similar to yours!

My favorite set that no one uses:
Lopunny @ Soul Dew (Prankster)
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Cosmic Power
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out / Heal Bell

1. Set up three Cosmic Powers.
2. Baton pass onto anything.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Also, @Ethereal Dusk above, why not Cloyster?
Cloyster @ Nest Ball (Technician)
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Shell Smash

This monster one-shots a lot of fliers with Ice Shard even when unboosted.
Add a couple Cosmic Powers passed over from our friend Lopunny and you can Shell Smash with far less fear of being destroyed afterward.

Last edited:
click x (Togekiss) @ Maranga Berry (Gale Wings)
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Aura Sphere / Flamethrower / Thunder Wave

With Gale Wings, togekiss no longer need to rely on a choice scarf to outspeed faster Mons allowing it to run Nasty Plot and Roost to kill balance and offence alike.

This set looks extremely annoying for teams without priority since after one Nasty Plot this extremely balanced, not uncompetitive at all togekiss has the potential to flinch everything to death.

Edit: RIP someone already mentioned it

Last edited:
How to get a ragequit

No dark plz (Sigilyph) @ Qualot Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Toxic
- Roost
- Stored Power
upload_2016-5-30_12-33-26.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)