Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

Clefable the stall god is a pain as well as the spam god aerilate dragonite. With 2 clam minds up clefable can stop a heatran as well so its not always a perfect counter and it forces people to bring either unaware or mold breaker to a batlle just in fear of a clefable with cosmic power/calm mind form doing some serious damage. As for Dragonite it hits extremely hard and if it doesnt it can set up with dragon dance and stab and aerilate boosted extreme speed are hard to counter from times. I am just personally tired of seeing these 2 things on eveery team and just being overpowerd and just not being ffun to go up against.

Last edited:
Heatran can't touch Magic Bounce Clefable after a Calm Mind or 2 unless it runs Mold Breaker, which isn't optimal as it would rather run Levitate, Desolate Land or Sheer Force. Porygon-Z I don't have a problem with personally, most faster mons can revenge it without much trouble and switching it in is a nightmare due to its low bulk and lack of resistances. Dragonite though, I feel needs to be banned. It's by far the best Aerilate user, it hits very hard and has nice bulk to boot. It even gets Dragon Dance if you feel it's not hitting hard enough for you.

What about Ilusion? This ability is so good with a lot of others abilities: Any immunnity to type, Magic Guard, Magic Bounce, Prankster, Regenerator...

Even Zoroark can easly find something for him, but because Zoroark can have only Ilusion from natural abilities, we can expect when oponent send Zoroark and predict a move based on this pokemon. Switch into Counter to pokemon what I see, or stay because this is Zoroark, who will stay and set up?

The problem is, when we didn't even know when we stay against oponent what is counter to active pokemon, or just pokemon what we see.
Because Ilusion is avainable on item, it can be used on any pokemon. Blissey with Regenerator? Close Combat! Whait... it's Dragonite who just set up Dragon Dance... crap...
Or sleeping moves! You normally didn't expect sleeping move on pokemon who didn't learn that moves, but then you just take that Spore.
Also speed becomes very important - you can't say you are faster or slower than Ilusion pokemon, because it can be ANY pokemon from oponents team.

Regenerator Pokemon + Ilusion Pokemon is the most confusing oponent combo what we can imagine. Blissey with Regenerator is fantastic teammate for Ilusion pokemon who is also neutral to Rocks. Thanks to it, we can just send Ilusion in the best moment for us. It's especialy effective against special atackers, but we can change Blissey into Physical wall and gain similar effect but against physical atackers.

The only one think what makes this ability uneffective is... lack of ability to choose pokemon what Ilusion could copy in battle (when we didn't have Zoroark). Other than that - this ability might be too OP when we have Zoroark in team, OR we don't care about oponents team and we will always copy one and always the same pokemon.

In my opinion Ilusion on item should be banned.

What about Ilusion? This ability is so good with a lot of others abilities: Any immunnity to type, Magic Guard, Magic Bounce, Prankster, Regenerator...

Even Zoroark can easly find something for him, but because Zoroark can have only Ilusion from natural abilities, we can expect when oponent send Zoroark and predict a move based on this pokemon. Switch into Counter to pokemon what I see, or stay because this is Zoroark, who will stay and set up?

The problem is, when we didn't even know when we stay against oponent what is counter to active pokemon, or just pokemon what we see.
Because Ilusion is avainable on item, it can be used on any pokemon. Blissey with Regenerator? Close Combat! Whait... it's Dragonite who just set up Dragon Dance... crap...
Or sleeping moves! You normally didn't expect sleeping move on pokemon who didn't learn that moves, but then you just take that Spore.
Also speed becomes very important - you can't say you are faster or slower than Ilusion pokemon, because it can be ANY pokemon from oponents team.

Regenerator Pokemon + Ilusion Pokemon is the most confusing oponent combo what we can imagine. Blissey with Regenerator is fantastic teammate for Ilusion pokemon who is also neutral to Rocks. Thanks to it, we can just send Ilusion in the best moment for us. It's especialy effective against special atackers, but we can change Blissey into Physical wall and gain similar effect but against physical atackers.

The only one think what makes this ability uneffective is... lack of ability to choose pokemon what Ilusion could copy in battle (when we didn't have Zoroark). Other than that - this ability might be too OP when we have Zoroark in team, OR we don't care about oponents team and we will always copy one and always the same pokemon.

In my opinion Ilusion on item should be banned.
I agree. Illusion is broken, you continue to setup think that the innocent looking illusionist ain't gonna do anything. Aaaaand then it strikes. Hard.

PorygonZ may be meh against offense because of its speed and bulk, but it's a completely free win against stall. Even if it doesn't sweep itself, it forces stall to sack so many pokemon that the team can't function.

The only pokemon I've found that it can't outright 2HKO is Delta Stream Mandibuzz, which is just setup fodder for it. The most it can do back is Toxic it and spam Roost. It 2HKO's max/max blissey with psyshock, max/max cresselia with dark pulse, max/max ttar with hp fighting, and max/max m-sableye with TBolt/Ice Beam. Even if some of these pokemon are decent checks if it lacks coverage for them, having to play guess-the-set for four moves while it takes lives is pretty stupid.

It basically plays like Specs Hoopa-U with its similar power and coverage except that it's not choice locked and it can easily set up.

Random setup pokemon with Magic Bounce/Guard like Clef or Talonflame are scary for stall, but they can either be easily walled by unaware or beat by things like Heatran or Slowbro. The only counterplay I have against Porygon is to send in mandi and hope it doesn't set up, send in blissey and hope it doesn't pack psyshock, or sack something to bring in a second pokemon to sack to status it to sack more things while it gets whittled down.

Wallbreakers are something that should exist, but when they break every single wall they're probably broken.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
So does Flower Gift Ninetales have any value?

Ninetales: @ Flower Gift
Drought
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Nasty Plot / W-o-W
Pain Split
Solar Beam
Lava Plume / Flamethrower

You boost or burn against your foe, heal when necessary and hit your for for coverage.

For those that don't know- Flower Gift boosts Attack and Special a Defense under the Sun. Since Ninetales already has 100 Special Defense, Flower Gift works well on it, allowing it to wall many Special Fire, Fairy, Grass, Bug, Ice, and Steel attacks.
It can also take on Special Water moves because Drought cuts its weakness to being neutral and Solar Beam handles all 3 of its weaknesses, hitting Rock, Ground, and Water Pokemon super effectively. Just beware of Politoad, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon switch ins!

Porygon-Z @ Dusk Ball
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

Just been trying this out... and it is down right nasty. Speed boost to remedy the poor speed, nasty plot to hit hard, and adaptability to make you think twice about sending something in... I've seen people abuse protean, but this one is brutal.

Look I acknowledge that PZ might be a problem, but here's my logic - we've banned two things in five days, how about we let the metagame zimmer down and we don't ban anything for a week? Lets see how it goes!

I'll be working on a viability rankings, so if you have any nominates you want to make pm them to me! :)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Actually something which has been bugging me for a while is why does Focus Sash (directly outclassed by Sturdy) retain it's original effect while Silk Scarf (the only type boosting item for normal) gets changed despite all of the other types having an unchanged type-booster?

Actually something which has been bugging me for a while is why does Focus Sash (directly outclassed by Sturdy) retain it's original effect while Silk Scarf (the only type boosting item for normal) gets changed despite all of the other types having an unchanged type-booster?
Seems like an incredibly fair question and a pretty easy switcheroo.

I mean doesn't Adaptability outclass Plates + Silk Scarf in pretty much every case anyway? Nothing in the meta gets Judgement bar Smeargle, and running type-boosting item for non-STAB is almost always suboptimal. If anything I'd free Expert Belt (which is a better pick for boosting non-STAB moves), but it would probably be better to just leave the item list alone to avoid confusing players, at least for the duration of the month.

niceme.me (Samurott) @ Mail
Ability: Shell Armor/Torrent
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Copycat
- Dive
- Dig
- Swords Dance

maybe there's a better way to optimize the EV spread,idk...
i like to do this for fun :). easily beaten by other pranksters/espeed but very fun to face against the unprepared team
gimmicky sets are allowed to be posted here right?

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
niceme.me (Samurott) @ Mail
Ability: Shell Armor/Torrent
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Copycat
- Dive
- Dig
- Swords Dance

maybe there's a better way to optimize the EV spread,idk...
i like to do this for fun :). easily beaten by other pranksters/espeed but very fun to face against the unprepared team
gimmicky sets are allowed to be posted here right?
That's a fun set, but you do know Azumarill can do the exact same thing minus Swords Dance and plus Encore right?

On Illusion: It's uncompetitive IMO. The problem is that you don't know when it's there, so you can get that one free turn and your opponent just can't do anything without knowing your team. If you're playing well you can remove the only thing stopping something's sweep, or get two or three turns set up as they switch, attack or otherwise try to cripple you, then switch again (or skip the attacking because the setup gave you away). There's no real counterplay other than knowing illusion is there.

If you want something that walls +0 Pory-z try Filter Umbreon. No calcs rn I'm on mobile. If you want something that walls +2 Pory-z try crying in a ditch as it rolls over your team.

I think more stall teams need to try Prankster Encore. I haven't tried it but it sounds cool.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
What's the point in creating items with abilities such as Huge power, wonder guard etc, then banning them?
Grains of salt, can you just put why you do this in the OP so i dont keep having to repeat myself lol.

as for the answer, he has to do it because otherwise it becomes catigorized as a "pet mod". OM's has to have at least the slightest consistancy in the metagame "pattern" (all abilities get turned into items in EI's case), he cannot nitpick which abilities get the treatment. this meta already pushes the concept of OM vs Pet mod territory, so pushing it even slightly further is not in his interests. on top of that, its just easier in case Ubers EI ever becomes a thing, so we have every ability to utilize on the get go. two necessary birds with one stone.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This is nuts. MAGIC GUARD VOLCARONA! STAB E-Speed Dragonite is unbanned

That's ALWAYS broken

Anyway I feel like this meta being too broken for me

Huzzah for Manaphy ban!

What's the point in creating items with abilities such as Huge power, wonder guard etc, then banning them?
Ubers version.

This is nuts. MAGIC GUARD VOLCARONA! STAB E-Speed Dragonite is unbanned

That's ALWAYS broken

Anyway I feel like this meta being too broken for me
... no? Not really? There's tons of ways to check or even counter it, and here Aerilate Dragonite can't possibly be carrying Weakness Policy or Lum Berry or... whatever else might make it extra-threatening. (Choice Band is one I saw in AAA, for instance) Yeah, it gets Multiscale on top of Aerilate, and that's a nuisance, but it's actually a lot less threatening than, say, Almost Any Ability Dragonite running Aerilate, because eating the item slot to get Aerilate makes it a lot more predictable/counterable.

Porygon-Z has a hard time being justified imo, I always find myself sacking it because the metagame favours offence - where Porygon-Z struggles to switch in and outspeed. And even then I usually just pivot into something. Very rarely does it get multiple free switch ins through out the game, contrary to something like Manaphy.
I think Specially Defensive Unaware Umbreon is the only substantial, reliable check to it, and even then it's limited to Wishtecting. On the plus side, it has Pursuit. On the minus side, its Pursuit is a 4HKO (99.9% of the time) when Porygon-Z is switching.

Everything else is one Nasty Plot away from a OHKO, basically. It can also just run Agility instead to help it sweep offense, relying on its raw firepower to break stall and stall's lack of firepower to accept the occasional hit. Since it's a Special attacker, stuff like Prankster Burn isn't hugely helpful.

Dnite struggles against four of the most common mons in the tier, Heatran, Ferrothorn, Rotom-w/h or Landorus-Therian. How annoying these pokemon can be really hurts Dragonite's matchup versus balance - and it's honestly been falling in visbility since day one. It was suspect worthy, then S, then A+ and now it hovers around a+ and a.
I basically agree with this and would only add that tons of things laugh at it. Unaware Slowbro is completely beyond Aerilate Dragonite's ability to break, for example.

Heck, even Draco Meteor isn't enough to punch through.

0- SpA Dragonite Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 153-180 (38.8 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Meanwhile most other sets it might run are done better by other Pokemon -No Guard is basically Bad Tornadus-Therian, for instance.

And Clefable is good, but Heatran is such a good counter that it's hard to really sweep.
Heatran can't actually do much to it except Roar it out, and if it's Magic Guard+Magic Bounce, unless Heatran is running Mold Breaker it's basically just setup fodder for Clefable. Eventually Clefable will be able to Stored Power it to death in one hit.

On the other hand Clefable hasn't really been a problem in my experience regardless. Magic Guard+Unaware is cool and all, but plenty of things have overwhelming firepower without need for boosting, and its statline is sufficiently lackluster they tend to break it, even without Mold Breaker being invoked. I've been focused on stall and still found it pretty underwhelming of a foe -though admittedly for some bizarre reason most Clefable I encounter aren't running Stored Power, which is mindboggling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)