EndQuote vs shinyskarmory: Apprentice Ref: Lady Salamence - Tutor Ref: TravelLog

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I'd like a battle of my own in this stadium. Open Challenge, 2v2 Singles. I will be bringing 2nd form pokemon, so keep that in mind.

EDIT: DQ is 2 days for everyone.
EDIT: Dropping my challenge and accepting shiny skarmory's
Switch=KO
Items=OFF
Abilities=One

Anybody want to ref?
pms:
EndQuote said:
I'm totally okay with it being a tutor battle, if SS is.
I'll be using Shinx:

Shinx: Cleo (F)
Nature: Brave: Adds * to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 39 (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1

EC: 1/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:

Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group
Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
Guts: (DW): (Innate, Locked) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Attacks:

Tackle
Leer
Charge
Spark
Bite
Roar
Swagger

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Helping Hand

Magnet Rise

Toxic
Thunder Wave
Return

and Nidoran M

Nidoran M: Odin (M)
Nature: Quiet: Adds * to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 43 (-)

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Abilities:

Poison Point: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group
Hustle: (DW): (Can be Enabled, Locked) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Attacks:

Leer
Peck
Focus Energy
Horn Attack
Double Kick
Poison Sting
Fury Attack
Helping Hand
Flatter
Toxic Spikes

Counter
Disable
Endure

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
shinyskarmory said:
Go ahead, use it as a tutor battle.

My team:

Kirlia(*) [Mentalist] M
Nature: Docile

Types: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace for 6 actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Telepathy: (Innate) (DW) (Locked) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 50
Weight Class: 2

Counters:
EC: 4/9
MC: 2
DC: 3/5

Moves

Level Up
Growl (*)
Confusion (*)
Double Team (*)
Teleport (*)
Lucky Chant (*)
Magical Leaf (*)
Heal Pulse (*)
Calm Mind (*)
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Egg Moves

Will-o-Wisp (*)
Destiny Bond (*)
Confuse Ray (*)

TMs
Thunderbolt (*)
Psychic (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Trick Room

Grotle(*) [Treewig] (F)
Nature: Gentle (+1 Sp. Def, -1 Def)

Type: Grass
Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

Shell Armor: (Innate) (DW) (Locked) This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Stats
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 36
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 5/9
MC: 1
DC: 4/5

Moves

Level Up
Tackle (*)
Withdraw (*)
Absorb (*)
Razor Leaf (*)
Curse (*)
Bite (*)
Mega Drain (*)
Synthesis
Leech Seed
Leaf Storm
Crunch

Egg Moves
Growth (*)
Superpower (*)
Body Slam (*)

Tutor Moves (all gens)
Seed Bomb

TMs
Grass Knot (*)
Rock Smash(*)
Protect (*)

Combusken(*) [Fawkes] M
Nature:Hasty (+1 Speed, -1 Sp. Def)

Type: Fire/Fighting
Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost: (Innate) (DW) (Locked) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats
Atk: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 55*1.15=63.25=63
Accuracy Boost=9%
Size Class: 2

EC: 4/9
DC: 3/5

Moves

Level Up
Scratch (*)
Growl (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Ember (*)
Peck (*)
Double Kick (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut

Egg Moves
Reversal (*)
Feint (*)
Night Slash (*)

TM Moves
Fire Blast (*)
Aerial Ace (*)
Sunny Day (*)
Dig
Overheat

Thanks for reffing!
go shinyskarmory

Not sure if Eviolite bonus is enough to save you, considering that I get it too...

I'll lead with Mentalist the Kirlia, with the ability Synchronize.

Go, Cleo!
Cleo will be using Intimidate, though it won't help much against Mentalist.

Cleo, get things started with a Charge, then Spark twice!
IF he uses Confuse Ray, replace your current action with Swagger, to equally distribute the hax.

"He planned for the wrong status move, Mentalist!"

Mentalist, start by using Hypnosis on Cleo to disable it. Then, use Psychic on the little electric puppy. Finish with Dream Eater if it's still asleep and Thunder Wave if it's awake.

EDIT: Sure, Lady Salamence.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
i've been busy recently
could i have an extension to finish the reffing?

Lady Salamence? Can SS and I get an estimate on the reffing?
I don't mean to be rude, I just don't want this to turn into this match. Or this one.

EDIT: SS and I are now looking for a subref.

Second Edit: nvm.

a fairy

Community Leader
I'm finishing tomorrow
Can you wait?

Thanks

EDIT: I have sent the round to TravelLog, awaiting his PM

a fairy

Community Leader
reffing time
all crits are 1-16, 1 being yes
all others are done on 1-100, 1-X yes, X being percetage amount
sleep is 1-3

ROUND ONE

Kirlia used Hypnosis
rng: [tohit 1-30 {89}] <hit> [sleepamount 1-3 {2}] <1 round>
Result: Shinx falls asleep, Kirlia loses 7 energy
Shinx is asleep

ROUND TWO
Kirlia uses Psychic
rng: [toSpDdrop 1-10 {77}] <no> [tocrit 1 {i forget the number, but it's written down as a no, so...}
damage calculation: 7+3[3-3]*1.5
Result: Shinx takes ten damage, Kirlia loses 4 Energy
Shinx wakes up!
Shinx uses Spark!
rng: [topara 1-30 {48}] <no> [tocrit 1 {4}] no
damage calculations: 7+3(3-3)*1.5
result: Kirlia takes 10 damage, Shix loses 4 energy

ROUND THREE
Kirlia uses ThunderWave
Result: Shix is paralyzed (25%), Kirlia loses 7 Energy
Shinx uses Spark
RNG: [paralyzeactup 1-25 {62} no [to para 1-30 {6}] paralyzed 20% [tocrit 1 {10}] no crit
damage calculations: same as last round's spark
result: kirla loses 10 hp, becomes paralyzed 20%, shinx loses 7 energy

overall:
Kirlia HP: 90-20=70 HP
Kirlia Energy: 100-17=83
Kirlia Other: Paralyzed 15%

Shinx HP: 90-10=80
Shinx Energy: 100-11=89
Shinx Other: 20% paralyzed | Spark Energy Counter at +8 next use

Stats
HP: 70
Energy: 63
Spe: 50
Other: Paralyzed 20%

Stats:

HP: 80
Energy: 89
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 39 (-)
Other: 20% paralyzed | Spark Energy counter is +8 if used next tur

"Cleo, try to stay awake! Use a megabite (get it?) to score some serious damage!
Then charge up for the coming rounds."

Bite + Bite Combo ~ Cooldown (or sleep, probably) ~ Charge

a fairy

Community Leader
if my plan goes correct, i should complete reffing today, and send it to travellog

a fairy

Community Leader
ROUND ONE
Kirlia uses Psychic
rng: [toSpDdrop 1-10 {16}] <no>
[topara 1-20 {58}} <no>
[tocrit 1 {5} <no>
Damage calcs: 7+3[3-3]*1.5
Result: Shinx takes ten damagem Kirlia loses four energy
Shinx uses Bite+Bite combination
rng: [tocrit 1 {8}] <no>
damage calcs: 6x2.25=13
Result: Kirlia takes 16 damage, Shinx loses 24 energy

ROUND TWO
Kirlia uses Hypnosis!
Rng [tomiss 1-30 {37}] <hit>
[sleepnumber 1-3 {1}] 1 round of sleep
Resultt: Shinx goes to sleep for 1 round, Kirlia loses 7 energy
Shinx is asleep!

ROUND THREE
Kirlia uses Psychic
rng: [toSpDdrop 1-10 {48}] <no>
[topara 1-20 {32}} <no>
[tocrit 1 {7} <no>
Damage calcs: 7+3[3-3]*1.5
Result: Shinx loses 10 HP, Kirlia loses 4 energy
Shinx wakes up and uses Charge
Special defense one stage up
Bp of electric moves +3 BP for 6 turns

Overall
Shinx loses 20 HP
Shinx loses 31 energy
--
Kirlia loses 16 HP
Kirlia loses 15 energy

Can I post?

Right, then.
Really quickly: For the combo: BAP times 2.25 is for the total BAP, not for the damage output.
Doesn't really change my attacks, though.
Shinx, let's speed things up a bit.
Use Toxic to put this match on a timer (Yes, I understand Synchronize will activate) then Spark twice!

EDIT: WOOOOOT THREE DAMAGE!
WE GOT THIS CLEO!

a fairy

Community Leader
endquote, all that really does is add 3 damage to the attack

will fix

edit: ROFL endquote

a fairy

Community Leader
I hate being sick. This is being worked on!

almost done, but a project is eating up at my time
should be finished tomorrow

sent to travellog

me and travellog have spoken, but i'll be afk 'till sunday, so will have to post then

EndQuote and I have discussed this a bit, and because the battle started on August 25th, it's now September 16th, and the third round is about to be posted, we've decided that we're going to DQ the next time the round isn't sent to TravelLog by the DQ time, starting after this round is posted. We understand that having a tutor ref is basically double the delay of a normal reffing, but we'd like to get things going.

For the record, I always respond within 24 hours. At the most 36 hrs if I'm very busy. Lady Salamence sent me this round and we've been responding back and forth. I would hope and expect the round to be posted by tonight.

a fairy

Community Leader
Round 1
Kirlia used Double Team!
Kirlia created 3 clones!
-3 Energy

Shinx used Toxic!
It missed!
-7 Energy

Round 2!
Kirlia uses Psychic!
It did 10 damage!
-4 Energy

Shinx used Spark!
It did 10 damage!
-7 energy

Round 3
Kirlia used Calm Mind!
Special Attack and Special Defense rose by 1 for three rounds!
-7 Energy

Shinx used Spark!
It did 13 damage!
-11 energy

i will add the summary and stuff tommorow, travellog made me post this at like the last moment
there's the data!

Not to nitpick, but Spark should have cost 4 energy the first time and 8 the second.
Also, double team costs four energy per clone, so it should have cost Kirlia 12 energy.

Cleo, by my calculations, Kirlia should be KOed by energy exhaustion, so try to stay strong.
Chill x3!

a fairy

Community Leader
Day of the dead RNG. (no special effects, lol… then again, all I had to roll was for the r1 combo)

Round 1

Kirlia used Psycich+Psychic!
Shinx loses 17 damage!
-15 energy

Shinx chills!
+12 Energy

Round 2
Kirlia cools down!

Shinx chills!
+12 Energy

Round 3!
Kirlia uses Destiny Bond!
-15 Energy!

Shinx chills! It failed!

+2 energy to Kirlia, due to miscalculated STAB

endquote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)