Energy Storm vs. MapleSandwich (Life is reffin' this shit) - Battle called

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPEN BATTLE

2v2 Singles
DQ: 3 days
2 rest/recoveries, 5 chills

Arena:

A huge, overgrown jungle which is constantly deluged with rain. The entire arena is dense with trees, both palm and branched, as well as numerous shrubs and broad-leaved plants. In fact, the floor is so dense with vegetation that most lighter Pokemon are able to traverse across the leaves without touching the forest floor. The ground itself is very damp and riddled with puddles, and full of a tangled mess of plant roots, rendering digging impossible. There is room to fly, but any Pokemon in the open sky has its vision obscured by a mess of leaves.

Summary:

Field Attributes: Extremely dense vegetation and decent light, although vision is greatly impaired by the sheer amount of trees, vines, etc. Damp ground with puddles, open sky obscured by jungle canopy. Lighter Pokemon can run across leaves and plants without touching the saturated soil.

In-Battle Effects: No dig, flying attacks have accuracy reduced by 10%. Permanent rain unless another weather move is used. Pokemon heavier than 50 lbs have speed reduced by 10%, but this does not apply to Flying types or Levitators.
This sounds pretty good, I'll accept.
Switch = KO
One Ability
No Items

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! Tonight, you will be treated to a visual spectacle! A real treat, if I may add. Because we have two of the greatest ASP battlers of all time. And here they come to the ring!

First off, coming from the west end of the forest, he stands five feet, four inches and six nineteenths tall, weighing in at 140 pounds, carrying one monkey named Bubbles, give it up for ENERGY STORMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, our reigning champion! He hails from Philadelphia where brothers hug and kiss but no incest is performed... MAPLESANDWICHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And I'm your host, Life, but nobody gives a shit about me.

Order:
Energy Storm sends out a Pokemon.
MapleSandwich sends out a Pokemon and chooses orders.
Energy Storm chooses orders.
I kick back and chow down on some Pringles.

Alright, I choose JolTIK the Joltik.

M. stumbled through the underbrush and found a trainer. Here. Of all the god-forsaken places in the world, his battling career had to begin here, in a forest covered in leaves, vines, and other shit, in a raging downpour where he could barely see, against an opponent he didn't know.

Well, better than what he did before he took up the Poke Ball. When life gives you lemons, you get a new life.

"HAIL BROTHA MAN! Our eyes met, so by the compunctions of ancient mystical Pokemon Training juju, we have to battle! I am M. Sandwich, and you will have the misfortune of facing my well-trained team of...incredibly tiny Pokemon." M. realized how incredibly unimpressive his Pokemon looked, and he would have to make up for it with cleverness.

He knelt down and opened the Poke Ball containing JolTIK behind him. Named after the wise and respected legend, The Iron Kenyan, this Joltik was STRONGTH beyone belief. M. had all confidence in her.
---Roleplaying stops here---
"What the plan is up in here, is, you'll hide under the leaves so he can't see you. In fact, cover yourself in a few leaves now, before you go in so that you won't conduct your own electricity. And set up a Light Screen, over here, where maybe he won't see. Now, you scurry under all the underbrush and crap, find his Pokemon, and hit it with Thunder Wave. Then, finish things off with a big Thunder on his unmoving Poke.

Hm, this looks like it's going to be an interesting matchup. Another Joltik. It was almost impossible to see the two tiny Pokemon in the dense undergrowth, the mist from rain clattering off of leaves made things even worse.

Ok, new strategy. Why don't you first start by tangling this whole place with Electra Nets? When he tries to get close, Thunder Wave him first. Then immediately retreat a few steps back into the tangled mess of electrified silk so most of your opponent's electric moves would be conducted off before hitting you, and round things off with a Charge Beam to boost your Special Attack.

Electra Net > Thunder Wave > Charge Beam

<Joltik> (*) [JolTIK] (Kenyan Female)

Nature: Mild (+SpAtk, - Def)
Type:
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: * (-)
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 65

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Compoundeyes (Innate) : 1.3x modifier to all attacks' accuracy due to improved field of vision.
Unnerve [DW] (Locked): Apparently doesn't exist?

Attacks:
String Shot (*)
Leech Life (*)
Spider Web (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Screech (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
ElecNet (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Gastro Acid (*)

Thunder (*)
Volt Change (*)
Light Screen (*)

Cross Poison (*)
Disable (*)
Rock Climb (*)

Joltik(*) Amperon (M)
Nature: Timid

Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Stats:
Atk: * (-1)
Def: **
SpA: ***
Spe: 75 (65x1.15)

Abilities:

Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.

Tension: (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Swarm (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, Scissor Cross from 8 to 10)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

(*)String Shot
(*)Leech Life
(*)Spider Web
(*)Thunder Wave
(*)Screech
(*)Fury Cutter
(*)Electra Net
(*)Bug Bite
(*)Gastro Acid

(*)Pin Missile
(*)Faint Attack
(*)Disable

(*)Charge Beam
(*)Thunder
(*)Energy Ball

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!

Energy unleashes Amperon while Maple sends out JolTIK! A Joltik on Joltik battle, this can get really interesting, folks!

The two Joltik are circling, eying their opponent... Oh wait, Amperon's just let out an Electra Net as JolTIK started running away! JolTIK stops and tries to set up a Light Screen as the charges get closer... but she can't get it up in time! The Electra Net hits and does a little bit of damage to JolTIK who quickly shakes it off and finishes putting up her Light Screen. Looks like she's a bit pissed about that, eh Dan?

Right you are Jim! For those of you who have just joined, I'm Dan DeJitto along with my partner Jim Johnstone and... whoa, wait a minute! JolTIK has just started charging up a Thunder Wave as she charges Amperon!

But Dan, Amperon's charging up his own Thunder Wave! And... lookout! Both release the attacks at the same time! Let's head down to our ringside commentator, Bubba O'Heilly!

Thanks Jim! Looks like both of them have failed to paralyze their opponent! Don't know how that happened but it did!

Thanks Bubba for that insightful look! And now... Oh, watch out JolTIK! Amperon's just let out a Charge Beam!

Well Dan, it doesn't do much damage! JolTIK easily shakes it off but it did power up Amperon's Special Attack! Things might get nasty soon... And JolTIK responds with a major Thunder! And it's a strike! Amperon grits his teeth but stays standing! Folks, we're in for a wild ride here!

Stage: Rain has just started falling, increasing the accuracy of electric attacks by 25%. The two Pokemon are about 7 feet away from each other with a big puddle in between them.

Joltik [JolTIK] (F)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Nature: Mild

Health: 80
Energy: 79%
Boosts: None
Other: Light Screen (4 more actions)

Joltik [Amperon] (M)
Nature: Timid
Atk: * (-)
Spe: 75 (*1.15)

Health: 78
Energy: 87%
Boosts: 1+ SpA
Other: None

M. was pretty impressed by how JolTIK was holding up. Despite taking two attacks in the round, she still looked to be in better shape than the opponent. M. decided to dictate this exchange with that in mind, wearing down the foe and conserving energy while he still had the upper hand.

"JolTIK, start off with a Thunder Wave! And make this one count! Then, pull your opponent into the water with a String Shot. Afterwards, blast it with a mighty Thunder, with the water hurting it more, maybe! But if it uses its own Thunder, well, scratch what I said for that section and take the chance to Disable it.

Very nice job, there, Amperon.

First of all, when you opponent uses Thunder Wave, scurry back into the Electra Net and force her to follow and hopefully cut her speed! While doing this, use a Thunder Wave of your own, to hopefully get JolTIK when she's slower. Then I want you to allow you opponent to attach String Shot to you, but counter by conducting a powerful Thunder through the wet string and hopefully zap your opponent for some good damage. If the string's still attached, swing both of you over the water puddle and snap it with Bug Bite, while holding tightly to your Electra Nets. Hopefully, then, your opponent would fall into the puddle and get drenched while you stay in a higher, more favorable position in the trees.

Thunder Wave > Thunder > Bug Bite

Joltik [JolTIK] (F)

Health: 80
Energy: 79%
Other: Light Screen (4 more actions)

Joltik [Amperon] (M)
Abilities: Compoundeyes
Nature: Naive
Spe: 75 (*1.15)

Energy: 87%
Boosts: 1+ SpA
Other: None

Well Dan, today's match-up has certainly drawn a crowd of over 10 million... Oh my god, JolTIK and Amperon are charging up Thunder Waves again! Will they connect in the rain?

You said it, Jim. And look, both of the bugs have stiffened up! This fight is certainly epic.

Right you are, Dan. And now... wait, JolTIK is sitting back while Amperon charges up a Thunder! Do you think the paralysis got to JolTIK?

No clue, Jim. Let's check in with Bubba.

Well guys, JolTIK's just taken a brutal shot from Amperon. By the way he got knocked back, I'd say it was a critical hit. But JolTIK has now Disabled Amperon's Thunder! This could be really bad for Amperon this early in the fight! Back to you guys.

Thanks Bubba. And look, paralysis has finally hit both the contestants. We can see the wear and tear on their bodies. Can they keep up this brutal pace? Who knows!

Stage: Rain continues to fall and puddles start getting bigger.

Joltik [JolTIK] (F)
Spe: 16 (65 * 0.25)

Health: 69
Energy: 60%
Other: Light Screen (1 more action), 25% Paralysis

Joltik [Amperon] (M)
Spe: 19 (75 * 0.25)

Energy: 70%
Other: 25% Paralysis, Thunder (Disabled 5 Actions)

Well, pretty dumb move on my part, there goes my strongest move. Ok Amperon, time to switch gears again.

It can't get much simpler than this. Try to lure your opponent into the puddle, then let loose another Charge Beam. Then, capitalize on the large amount of plants to fire off a powerful Energy Ball. After that, use Charge Beam again. Stay high in your webs at all times to make it harder for your opponent to hit you. If JolTIK goes for Thunder, lets play a bit of mirror-moving and Disable it as well.

Charge Beam > Energy Ball > Charge Beam; if opponent uses Thunder, Disable instead

"Okay, we've got the upper hand here, now, for sure. Fire off your ElecNet first, then refresh your handy Light Screen once it's worn off. After your opponent has acted for the third time, let loose a Thunder!

Sorry about the wait guys, I kept injuring myself today.

Jim, I don't believe what we're seeing!

Well Dan, I couldn't have said it better myself! It looks like JolTIK is going to have a free shot with Electra Net because Amperon is rooted to the spot thanks to his paralysis!

Ooh, that's going to leave a mark. And look, Jim! JolTIK's Light Screen ran out and she's setting up another one! How can Amperon damage her?

That's a real mindbuster Dan... especially since his paralysis has kicked in again! Could this be the beginning of the end for poor Amperon?

I think so! I can hear the fat lady clearing her throat since JolTIK is charging up a Thunder! My god, tell me it isn't so! Fight, Amperon, fight!

Well, the Thunder hits but... wait a minute... it looks like Amperon was just playing possum for that last hit! JolTIK's Thunder has now been Disabled! What a wonderful turn of events! What a match so far!

Stage: The rain has stopped and electric attacks no longer have an accuracy boost attached to them.

Joltik [JolTIK] (F)
Spe: 16 (65 * 0.25)

Health: 69
Energy: 40%
Other: Light Screen (3 more actions), Thunder (Disabled 6 Actions), 20% Paralysis

Joltik [Amperon] (M)
Spe: 16 (75 * 0.25 * 0.85)

Health: 58
Energy: 56%
Boosts: - Spd
Other: 20% Paralysis, Thunder (Disabled 3 Actions)

MapleSandwich's action.

(Oh shit I just realized it was my turn.)

Well, JolTIK, looks like now is a good time as any to hit it with an Elecnet, then take a minute to Chill, then ElecNet again, we've got it on the run!

I was checking to see what the DQ was because I thought it was 2 days and I thought also it was Energy's turn and I realized it was mine.

EDIT: Hey it turns out Joltik doesn't learn Thunder so yeah this whole battle is fucked.

After checking both of your teams, I have found Thunder on them. I just checked Joltik and he indeed does not learn Thunder.

As a result, I'm voiding this battle (sorry guys) and asking for a ref token since I did ref the battle to this point.

It's not your fault, it's the fault of the person who approved your teams.

After checking both of your teams, I have found Thunder on them. I just checked Joltik and he indeed does not learn Thunder.

As a result, I'm voiding this battle (sorry guys) and asking for a ref token since I did ref the battle to this point.

It's not your fault, it's the fault of the person who approved your teams.
Since we BOTH have the same error, and it's impacting us both equally, can we just go with it? Otherwise we'd both have Thunderbolt, and the outcome would be almost identical, it would just take longer since TBolt deals slightly less damage. Alternatively, we could just go back through those two turns and swap out Thunder Damage for Tbolt. Kind of sucks for us to have to wait a week and get nothing out of it, when the error is so equally impacting both sides.

Since we BOTH have the same error, and it's impacting us both equally, can we just go with it? Otherwise we'd both have Thunderbolt, and the outcome would be almost identical, it would just take longer since TBolt deals slightly less damage. Alternatively, we could just go back through those two turns and swap out Thunder Damage for Tbolt. Kind of sucks for us to have to wait a week and get nothing out of it, when the error is so equally impacting both sides.
This would involve way too much work on my part along with the fact that it's not a mistake that I made at any point (since the mistake came in the approval).

That being said, if you want to issue each other rematch (and hopefully don't make it another Joltik v. Joltik battle), I'll be happy to ref that battle.

This would involve way too much work on my part along with the fact that it's not a mistake that I made at any point (since the mistake came in the approval).

That being said, if you want to issue each other rematch (and hopefully don't make it another Joltik v. Joltik battle), I'll be happy to ref that battle.
I'm down for this. Can't make any promises about no Joltik vs Joltik, since it's basically groomed to be my lead-mon, but I will fix my moveset list. Waiting to see what EnergyStorm thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)