Enter the Drag Queen! (peaked #1)

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion

Introduction: This team is centered around Jynx, a.k.a. Drag Queen. This is my first BW UU RMT that does not revolve around Abomasnow. As you all know, Abomasnow got banned because it was too strong for UU. Not only that, but when you combine Abomasnow with the WhiteQueen, we were simply unstoppable. Abomasnow, you will truly be missed. Anyways, this RMT will silent some of you haters about my not being able to play UU without hail.

Here is my team, Enter the Drag Queen!, for your reading pleasure.

At a glance:

The Drag Queen

(Jynx) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam

Ahhh where do I even start with Jynx. Since my beloved Abomasnow got banned, Jynx has become my absolute favorite pokemon in the entire game. She is my only set-up sweeper. Her Dream World ability, Dry Skin, is just icing on a cake for such an amazing pokemon. Without that ability, Jynx would not function as well as she currently does. She can switch into most bulky water pokemon with impunity. The one thing, okay two things, she has to fear are getting Toxic'ed on the switch and phazed away when she gets a Substitute up. Dragon Tail does not have enough power to phaze away the all powerful Jynx.; her 95 base Special Defense isn't something to fuck around with. Not much can counter Jynx because of Lovely Kiss. With that move, she can put her "counters" to sleep and immediately start a sweep. She is the Darkrai of UU--monstrous, beautiful, and absolutely deadly. After one Nasty Plot, even the likes of Bronzong falls on its knees, despite not having any leg. "Fear" is the one thing that you should think about when facing a Jynx, for she is the most dangerous Pokemon in all of UU.
---
The "Haxorus" of UU

(Flygon) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Oh my, with a Choice Band attached to Flygon, this motherfucker's Outrage does more damage than an adamant Haxorus' Outrage. Pure power is what I desire, and this Flygon provides me with that. Her 100 base Speed isn't too shabby either, more than enough to outrun a host of common pokemon in UU. Assuming that I have successfully set down Stealth Rock and Spikes on my opponent's side of the battlefield, this Flygon just fucks stuff up. Pests like Slowbro will get 2HKO'ed if it switches in thinking that Flygon wields a Choice Scarf. The purpose of this Flygon is simply to wreck havoc. Switch her in, select Outrage, and watch as shit gets blown up!
---
The Revenge Killer

(Hitmonlee) (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hitmonlee is the perfect revenge killer and late game sweeper. After using Fake Out, his ability, Urburden, gets activated. Once it is activated, nothing is faster than Hitmonlee. As a bonus, it also fucks the sand duo (Stoutland and Hippopotas) up the bum. The BW UU metagame used to be my absolute favorite tier and it was the only tier that I played. Because of the sand (BAN ME PLEASE)s, I'm really starting to hate BW UU now too, much like how I despise BW OU because of all the generic cookie-cutter bullshit that's going on in that metagame.
---
The Spin Blocker/Spiker

(Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes

I like to gamble and this Froslass set is just perfect for that purpose. I usually lead with her, set up a layer of Spikes, Taunt common hazards-setting shits like Deoxys-E, and then dragging one of my opponent's pokemon to hell with me via Destiny Bond. Even if my opponent knows what trick this Froslass has up her sleeves, they can't do anything about it. You'd better hope you have a pokemon that is faster (not wielding a Choice Scarf) than Froslass, otherwise I will keep spamming Destiny Bond on the switch like how I used to spam Blizzard and racking up hazard damages in the process. You can't kill my lovely Froslass without sacrificing one your pokemon most of the time.
---
The Special Defender/Phazer/Stealth Rocks User

(Empoleon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SDef / 92 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Empoleon sets up Stealth Rocks reliably. She also phazes shits away to rack up entry hazard damages. The 92 Speed EVs ensure that Empoleon is faster than 99.9% of all Hitmontop's. This is extremely crucial and has helped me won several battles. When Empoleon health is at 1/3 HP or less, Torrent activates. As a result, Scald hurts like a motherfucking bitch and Hitmontop would not enjoy getting flooded by it.
---
The Physical Defender/Spinner

(Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Foresight
- Toxic

Now that Donphan is gone, Hitmontop is the best spinner in BW UU hands down. Using Blastoise would be redundant since I already have two water resists in Jynx and Empoleon. With Intimidate, Hitmontop is extremely physically bulky. He and Empoleon make the perfect defensive duo. His bulk ensures that my team won't get wrecked by Cobalion, Bisharp, and the likes. Foresight a ghost on the switch to spin away hazards. Toxic stuff that switches in. Hitmontop does what he needs to do and he does it well.​

Nice team

How does it deal with subcmraikou and darmanitan? looks like they could be problematic on paper.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
subcmraikou isn't that strong. i can switch in something to break its sub then revenge kill it with something else afterward. he is probably the most troublesome and annoying pokemon for this team though, nice job seeing that

darmanitan just ends up killing itself with flare blitz. not much of a concern there. hitmontop lowers its attack. froslass can absorb a hit because of focus sash. flygon can kill it. hitmonlee definitely kills it

Upstart

Copy Cat
As I said I really like this team however it is kind of weak to fighting types once frosslass is gone which doesn't seem to hard as lass has no bulk. Granted its is definitely something you can play around, but you could try using a bulkier frosslass spread for some more staying power.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
the purpose of my froslass is to taunt faster leads, deoxys-d and mew, to keep them from setting up hazards, especially in the 1337 playing field in which deoxys-d is way overused. i also want her to quickly set up spikes and then drag something down with destiny bond. max speed is needed for that. no bulk is needed because i want her to be on the verse of death after taking a hit, so destiny bond would work on the next turn

what fighting weakness are you referring to? the only fighter who is quicker than jynx and flygon is cobalion, and cobalion is walled by hitmontop. if needs be, hitmonlee can always come in to clean up any mess for me

during the team preview, i always take a peak to look at my opponent's team and mark down their most troublesome pokemon to try to eliminate it. and if that troublesome pokemon is walled by one of my mons, i ensure that i play cautiously with that one pokemon of mine

Awesome team and congrats on the ranking. Also big perks for using Jynx!
I could see hard hitting fighting types being problems for this team like Choice Scarf Machamp or opposing Hitmonlee. But if you keep Froslass alive for that you should be fine.
Choice scarf Flygon can revenge a lot on this team if its attack isnt lowered by Hitmontop.
A strong pruister can easily destroy Froslass or Jynx but admittley they are very easy to revenge because you have Lee and Flygon.
Solid and unique team you have here and congrats again.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
hitmontop walls those fighting pokemon relatively well. the choiced ones are even easier for top to wall

as for flygon (who usually carries a choiced item), it can only kill my flygon with outrage, which in turn will be killed by my empoleon with its ice beam. same thing if it tries to kill empoleon with earthquake, it will then be trolled by my own flygon. lady luck comes into play when it comes to flygon, which i like

A lot of your team is killed by Stoutland.
Hitmontop- cant switch in unless full health
Empoleon-dies to wild charge after a bit of damage
Flygon-OHKOd by retaliate
Hitmonlee-Cannot switch in and when it does most people know about unburden and wont let stout die.
Jynx-Dies when Stout looks at it funny
Frosslass-You said that you keep it around only early game to set up wpikes then die so it usually wont be there to take CB stouts normal hits but stouts CB Crunch can kill your spread and your sash will most likely be broken b/c of the SS constant damage.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
first of all, hippo + stoutland are everywhere, especially in the 1337 playing field. if i can't get past them, how in the hell does this team even manage to peak at #1? granted, i can play around everything, but even i can't continually play around the very common sand (BAN ME PLEASE)s over and over again

stoutland usually carries a choiceband. as a result, it's always a gamble with him. if he uses wild charge on empoleon, i may switch in flygon to avoid it. if he uses retaliate on flygon, i may switch in froslass or empoleon to absorb it, etc etc etc stoutland is unable to ohko a full health flygon either, as you falsely claim he could. it can't even 2hko hitmontop because of the attack drop

life orb stoutland fails to 3hkos hitmontop. can't ohko empoleon--it will only activate torrent and then get beaten by a boosted scald afterward

anyways, i haven't really done those damage calculations, so don't take my words for fact; what i said in regard to stoutland are based on the many battles i have had against it

the part that i said i could always play around stoutland, that is a fact

also, a bunch of people have been emulating my team with the empoleon + hitmontop defensive core to great success. kudos to you guys!

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Yes, that core has helped me so much, it seems so obvious but I had never used it before. Top and Emp cover eachothers weaknesses so well. I've been using a variation of this team which includes Sub Roserade in place of Jynx, and it destroys all things in its path. I'm not saying its better than Jynx, I'm just saying it works extremely effectively, because no one expects it. I know this wasn't really a rate, but I just wanted to give you props on creating that core.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
thanks, buddy. there's a reason why roserade is a uu suspect pokemon and jynx is a NU pokemon. i only use jynx because i like it. my description of jynx is well, out of this world hahaha

first of all, hippo + stoutland are everywhere, especially in the 1337 playing field. if i can't get past them, how in the hell does this team even manage to peak at #1? granted, i can play around everything, but even i can't continually play around the very common sand (BAN ME PLEASE)s over and over again

stoutland usually carries a choiceband. as a result, it's always a gamble with him. if he uses wild charge on empoleon, i may switch in flygon to avoid it. if he uses retaliate on flygon, i may switch in froslass or empoleon to absorb it, etc etc etc stoutland is unable to ohko a full health flygon either, as you falsely claim he could. it can't even 2hko hitmontop because of the attack drop

life orb stoutland fails to 3hkos hitmontop. can't ohko empoleon--it will only activate torrent and then get beaten by a boosted scald afterward

anyways, i haven't really done those damage calculations, so don't take my words for fact; what i said in regard to stoutland are based on the many battles i have had against it

the part that i said i could always play around stoutland, that is a fact

also, a bunch of people have been emulating my team with the empoleon + hitmontop defensive core to great success. kudos to you guys!
You said that you let froslass die early and after that not even empoleon likes a CB retaliate. When i battled you on the ladder i remember my stouts retaliate killing your flygon in one shot. Wild charge does kill when emp is around 85%. Froslass doesnt enjoy switching in to the rocks and spikes and hitmontop is 3HKOd by CB stoutlands return. Also my gligar kills/walls your entire team. Empoleon is 2HKOd by EQ and Gligar takes nothing from Flygons outrage. Hitmonlee dreams of touching gligar and once its unburden ability activates once Lee is pretty useless. Jynx cant switch in on gligar and Hitmontop cannot touch it either. Froslass also cant take many EQs. btw im the Zam UU on the smogon server.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
thanks, ibanez

pokekazzam: gligar kills and walls jynx and froslass? i did not know that. thank you so much for the info. i play more cautiously and conservatively with froslass when i play against sand teams; no way i'm gonna let her die quickly. every team is weak to stoutland; it's simply a beast in the sand, especially in the underused tier. that's like saying volcarona is weak to stealth rock. duh?

I meant they cannot switch in. Gligar can set up a free sub on flygon and hitmnlee and hitmontop and they can't touch him. He can eq jinx and froslass which can do a decent amount to both.

Yeah, Pokekazzam, Jynx can outspeed gligar and perphaps could lovely kiss it. The proceed to set up a sub, and kill Gligar with ice beam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)