Enter the Dragon Type - HA Amaura as Entry Prize [END]

Well I definitely don't have anything to brag about as I had 14 wins to 16 losses and ended up 12,896 on the global rankings and 283 in the UK with 1487 points. I'm ok with how I did for my first competition, had a lot of fun but I definitely need a lot more practice.

Got a feeling I may have battled some people here as I seem to recognise a couple of teams. Unfortunately no battle videos as I would have liked to gone back over my losses to see what I did wrong. Anyway this was my team:

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Abilitiy: Poison Heal
Drain Punch
Spore
Leech Seed
Protect

Rotom-H @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
Will-O-Wisp
Thunder Wave
Hex
Overheat

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Scald
Dark Pulse

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice
Hydro Pump

Generally led with Breloom & Rotom-H spreading status, using Hex until Rotom-H went down and then (hopefully) sweeping with Greninja & Salamence.

bæsj.png

So I ended up at 1761 points with 25-5.

Salamence (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 52 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Talonflame (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Guard
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird

Darkrai @ Wide Lens
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Protect
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

This team was actually built in about 3 min, and in retrospect, I really wouldnt change any of the moves. Quite remarkable, since I spent a lot of time building several bad/decent teams before landing on this one.

Talonflame was almost always led with, with either darkrai or Xerneas. The thing is that pokes that threaten Xerneas (Aegislash, kangaskhan, groudon etc) are all easily beaten by darkrai, so their offensive synergy was great. Sludge bomb was a fantastic move to have against xerneas and sylveon, which were often double targeted and KO'd as a surprise. All in all, I loved the team, and all my losses were results of sloppy plays on my parts or losing 50/50 plays. Quite dissapointing, since I'd be at the front page if I just payed a bit more focus sometimes. The timer also killed me two times, as I hasted to make a move, only to realise seconds after that another move would be better and win instead of losing. Just another reason to practice on Battle Spot instead of PS, I guess.

Even though I failed to capture a top spot, at least I had some influence on it, beating a player ranked 1814 in his 28th battle, lol. He'd have gotten at least 3rd place (maybe 2nd), but instead he ended up 17.

Of course Sejun ended up winning the whole thing... I watched some of his replays, and this is the team he used:

Kangaskhan @ kangaskhanite
EVs: 244 HP
- Low Kick
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP
- Trick Room
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

Xerneas
EVs: 4 HP
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy

Talonflame @ Life Orb
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Quick Guard
- Taunt

Quite a straight-forward team with few tricks, but with Trick Room as an extra form of speed control. since Xerneas only had 4 HP EV's, it seems like all his pokemon had 252/252 spreads as well. It seems like Tailwind was his primary strategy though, so I'd expect his Kanga and Dialga to be Adamant and Modest, but who knows.

For a change, all the top 3 players in the world have shared their teams. All 3 used Talonflame or Crobat, which fullfills more or less the same role.

Last edited:
View attachment 39249
Of course Sejun ended up winning the whole thing... I watched some of his replays, and this is the team he used:

EVs: 244 HP
- Low Kick
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP
- Trick Room
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

Xerneas
EVs: 4 HP
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy

Talonflame @ Life Orb
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Quick Guard
- Taunt

Quite a straight-forward team with few tricks, but with Trick Room as an extra form of speed control. since Xerneas only had 4 HP EV's, it seems like all his pokemon had 252/252 spreads as well. It seems like Tailwind was his primary strategy though, so I'd expect his Kanga and Dialga to be Adamant and Modest, but who knows.

For a change, all the top 3 players in the world have shared their teams. All 3 used Talonflame or Crobat, which fullfills more or less the same role.
You are mostly right. According to what Sejun posted on his blog, his exact team is as follows.

Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 244 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 4 SpD/ 4 Spe
- Low Kick
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
- Trick Room
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/ 196 Def/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 52 Spe
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy
- Protect
- Moonblast

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Quick Guard
- Taunt

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega bump (but I'm in charge here so who cares hehe) the PGL published an article talking about usage and stuff from this competition. http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/c7c1001f-a9f3-4c14-9314-bda2a70d8380

Basically, they list the most used Pokemon and their most used moves. The interesting part is that they actually give some opinions and somewhat of analysis on them.

Earthquake (97.9%) — As mentioned, Garchomp’s being a Ground type in addition to being a Dragon type added much to its utility. Nearly every Trainer tapped into that strength with Earthquake. The bigger question is what the other 2.1% of Trainers were thinking. We’ll never know.
This was pretty funny

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega bump (but I'm in charge here so who cares hehe) the PGL published an article talking about usage and stuff from this competition. http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/c7c1001f-a9f3-4c14-9314-bda2a70d8380

Basically, they list the most used Pokemon and their most used moves. The interesting part is that they actually give some opinions and somewhat of analysis on them.

This was pretty funny
This was actually really fun to read! I hope the do this for future competitions, and that they release battle videos of the top 3 finishers like they did for the BoH

Despite its ability to Mega Evolve, most Trainers went in another direction with Garchomp (only 4.9% of Garchomp held Garchompite).
Mega Garchomp suks plz improve it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)