Enter the Dragon Type - HA Amaura as Entry Prize [END]

6-4 day 2, I did not play good at all :E

Really Artic? Need to check my recording and see which team was yours ^^
Edit: Yeah you wrecked me instantly by focusing my Scizor
69ZG-WWWW-WWXM-SNU9

Last edited:
8-2 Day 2,
I played a lot better today, mostly because I managed to hit reflected Dark Voids. I had to time out a guy that had a Kangaskhan against my Giratina sense my only attacking move is Shadow Ball,but I also ended up losing one game because of that though.

Here are two games I saved:

How my team beats Darkrai:
WACW-WWWW-WWXM-YQE9

Next time I'm using Aura Sphere:
7PWG-WWWW-WWXM-YQPL

Cool Game Against a Rain Team:
MU5W-WWWW-WWXM-YQ5F

So I'm 15-5 not bad and was at 1619 before my last game that I won against a guy at 1587

Currently at 11-2...

My first loss was a double stone edge miss on ho-oh...my second was this:

BH7W-WWWW-WWXM-JBDG

Which I was admittedly totally unprepared for...should have just iron headed on the first turn but I was scared to death of the fire blast from Dialga.

Trolliest thing I saw (which I was too annoyed with to save the video) was a swag wave klefki paired with a double team calm mind lugia....

I managed to beat it 2 on 1 with sylveon and mega gross, but it got to +4sp atk +4sp def and +4 evasion and took about 10 mins...

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, finished day 2 with a final record of 7-3, same as the first day so that puts me at 14-6 and the low 1600s. I lost my last two matches after a decent streak of knocking heads in, I lost one match to a Mega Lopunny team that just predicted my every move and the other one to a disconnect (I had to retire to my room again because I was running low on charge :'[ ). Not as great as I'd hoped, and I'm definitely not as pleased as I was halfway through the run - I'm probably not on the same level as the higher-ladder players by any means. Interestingly, I didn't see a single Rayquaza today, but lots of Kangaskhan. Here are some replays (I grabbed plenty today):

2ADW-WWWW-WWXM-JJGE
This one was a funny one, as the guy was running what looked like a fairly standard VGC14 team, except with a Gible... either way, Volcarona shines in particular in this replay.

Z64G-WWWW-WWXM-JKPR
This replay showcases how I get around a Scizor+Darkrai lead - it means, of course, that Volc falls asleep, but that was fairly trivial in this match as it wakes up quickly (before Scizor does) and nets a double KO with Heat Wave.

MHGG-WWWW-WWXM-JML5
And here's one I lost - I'm still really salty about this one as the guy really didn't seem to know what he was doing and I lost anyway due to hax, bad matchup and a couple misplays. I guess it's just a testament to how much of a strain Primal Groudon puts on my team, as well as my weakness to specially bulky Pokémon (and crits, and low rolls, and OHKO moves >.>). Hopefully the rest of the comp won't be quite as humiliating as this particular match.

N2EW-WWWW-WWXM-ZGUG
Here's my most legitimate loss. Even though I knew his Latias wasn't a threat for most of the match, he still played it incredibly well and made sure it gave consistent support throughout the match.

About to play my Day 3 matches, I'll keep you posted :]

e: took some of the less important ones down for newer videos

Last edited:
I'm currently 18-2 with 1716 points my team does incredibly good but its weak against teams wiht lots of support and speed control. Like Tailwind and Icywind strategies. I also need to play my Mega Rayq better -.-

I lost match #19 due to hax crit+flinch T_T If only that rockslide hadn't flinched my Sylveon... i also played my rayquaza badly D:
4TZG-WWWW-WWXM-ZKEJ

On match #20 I lost fair and square my opponent outplayed me and had an interesting team with Tailwind Noivern.
27RW-WWWW-WWXM-ZKUU

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
Finished the comp with 21-9, decent but not great. Hopefully I have a good ranking at least when they come out. I'll edit in some replays when I have a bit more time to review them all n.n

Ended with a record of 15 wins to 14 losses. For some reason it only let me do 29 battles. *shrug* I don't get it. Anyway, here's the team I used;

Arbok@Life Orb
Adamant nature
Intimidate
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
~Coil
~Glare
~Gunk Shot
~Earthquake

One of the two Pokémon I always led with. Arbok's capabilities are severely underestimated- Intimidate cripples physical attackers, Glare cripples basically everything, I had more opportunities to set up Coil than I guessed I would, and it went very well with Gunk Shot- not once in this competition did Arbok's Gunk Shot miss, because there was almost always a Coil or two backing it up. And thanks to my other lead, Earthquake was usually a pretty safe option.

Weezing@Black Sludge
Modest nature
Levitate
252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Defense
~Sludge Bomb
~Flamethrower
~Psybeam
~Dark Pulse

The other Pokémon I would always lead with. Yes, I led each and every battle in this competition by sending out Arbok and Weezing. Let me remind you at this time I won at least half of those battles. :) Anyway, Weezing really pulled her weight as well- a nice, diverse special movepool, backed up by a respectable Special Attack stat. Sludge Bomb made for some solid STAB, Flamethrower was amazingly useful whenever someone had out a Primal Groudon (and the other Pokémon didn't resist Fire, of course), Psybeam I'm sure nobody saw coming, and Dark Pulse I would spam on anything Arbok paralyzed for paraflinch hax. And thanks to Levitate, Arbok could fire off Earthquakes without fear of harming an ally. Oh, and the bulk. Oh, good lord, dat physical bulk. Even with no Defense EVs, this thing can take physical hits like you wouldn't believe. Of course, sometimes Arbok's Intimidate had a hand in it, but sometimes it didn't.

Beedrill@Beedrillite
Jolly nature
Swarm
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
~Poison Jab
~X-Scissor
~Drill Run
~Protect

My answer to Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Gardevoir, and the like. Protect works well to Mega Evolve without issues, and also allows allies to use Earthquake or Sludge Wave without fear of hitting Beedrill as well. Poison Jab and X-Scissor, powerful STAB moves, of course, and Drill Run was nothing less than a blessing from Arceus. Once it Mega Evolves, it's basically a killing machine. Screwed over by Extreme Speed once or twice, but it happens.

Dragalge@Leftovers
Modest nature
Adaptability
252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Sp. Def
~Sludge Wave
~Dragon Pulse
~Scald
~Thunderbolt

I love this thing. Sludge Wave and Dragon Pulse are awesome moves on it, Scald got some much-needed burns going, and Thunderbolt was just for coverage, but it certainly did its job. And let me just say this. This thing took a super effective, Draco Plate-boosted Dragon-type Judgment from Arceus almighty, and survived it, nearly KOing it back with Dragon Pulse. Yes, I am stating for the record that Dragalge can fight on par with the god of the Pokémon world.

And here's all the Battle Videos I saved;

MB4G-WWWW-WWXM-55PX

T7FW-WWWW-WWXM-55QA

8U7W-WWWW-WWXM-NFTN

YNRG-WWWW-WWXM-NG2D

SJWG-WWWW-WWXM-NG4S

So I ended up with 7-3 on the 3rd day, 25-5 in total. I'm quite dissapointed, since 3 of my losses (especially the 2 losses from the first days) could easily have been avoided if I had some more time to think things around, and one other was plain hax :/

Oh well, at least my ranking is quite good, maybe around 1765 or so. If I look away from the stupid losses, though, I am really pleased with my play through almost the whole competition, and my team! This competition was soo fun :)

Last edited:
Man, so I was on 1809 with a few games left after a great winning streak against 1700s gave me heaps of points, then had this game straight after

42HG-WWWW-WWXM-S9MV

Considering that if I won that I was planning to sit on ~1820 and not play any more games to guarantee a top finish, that ending was intense shit. That's probably the best chance I'll get to finish that high ;___; I ended up taking another loss + 2 wins after that finishing at ~1790. Honestly didn't think the team would do this well, I'll post it later and probably some other replays since I had a bunch of other great games on the last day

Today my shitty teambuilding finally bit me in the ass and I just kept losing a lot cause trick room and tailwind is pretty good at screwing me over, with support Dialga especially being a pain. :V I still have a few matches left, but I'm really gonna have to put my gameface on to salvage this. (I think I dropped to around 1607 or so.)

6-4 today too, ending with 19-11 (~1600). Had some pretty epic games that made me feel good even with a lower then wanted win ratio :)

Epic game of thug and pull ending one someone missing one attack, leading to the other winning :O
4UCW-WWWW-WWXM-SNES

Last game of the tournament for me, really close call!
KMEW-WWWW-WWXM-SMM7Q

My team isn't that much to brag about in teambuilding, I pretty much stole the pokemon from those I fought in Free Battle I faced and build them after the Smogon default builds :)
Scizor and Sylveon is even something I just nicked from an other team of mine cause I just had a few days left after scrapping my first team.

Rayquaza was my main lead, had lots of use for all his moves! Faced a few times other Rayquazas that was built to counter mine and I fell flat over that :P

Scizor was my other main lead, the whole strategy was pretty much hoping I could set up 1 Sword Dance and then start sweeping, worked about 60% of the time :P The Lum Berry was useful about 80% of the time in fact!

Sylveon was really boring, but still useful. Never had a reason to use any other attack then Hyper Voice. I had it to counter dragon types, but Rayquaza can OHKO it without problem as the speed of Sylveon is pretty garbage. Still won games for me even after all the flaws.

Darkrai, pretty much always my switch in when Rayquaza or Scizor drops following with a Dark Void to hit which ever 2 Pokemon is on the board. I never lead with it as I had my bets that the opponent was ready to counter him if he showed up to early. As a switch in I had my hopes that their counter would be dealt with by then ^^

Last edited:
Epic game of thug and pull ending one someone missing one attack, leading to the other winning :O
4UCW-WWWW-WWXM-SNES
LOL I guess that's why he didn't P-Blade the turn before?

Ended with a record of 15 wins to 14 losses. For some reason it only let me do 29 battles. *shrug* I don't get it. Anyway, here's the team I used;
Love that you brought a whole Poison team... Weezing is really cool, has such an underrated bulk and special movepool, but I never realized Arbok could hit so strong too. Cool set.

Managed to hit my 20-win goal, ending somewhere in the mid 1600s. These competitions are really fun... this one worried me since I don't have many event 'mons, but I managed to sell my soul for a Diancie (tried one out on Showdown and was hooked) and spent a week finding shiny ID hatchers and soft-resetting the wife's Dialga. Palkia would've rounded out a nice little "Pink Team", but Dialga was much better suited for synergy thanks to the Steel typing.

dcup_team.jpg

Once I was hooked on Substance D, Diancie became the focal point of the team. Aerodactyl was added to Taunt away Dark Void/Geomancy and Wide Guard Groudon/Kyogre. Tailwind was thankfully added at the last minute, and speed control proved to be crucial to many of my wins. Tyranitar was mostly there to provide Diancie with the SDef boost in sand -- between that and Diamond Storm procs, well, look out. T-tar could hit a few crucial things hard with either Crunch (Gengar, Lati@s, Aegislash) and Low Kick (Dialga, Darkrai, Kyurem), but when those weren't too useful could fire off a clutch surprise Thunder Waves. Protect turned out somewhat meh, usually wasting a turn of tailwind and/or sand if anything, so I should have used a Rock move for even better coverage; Chople Berry was also useless against such strong attacks in this meta and Shuca/Sitrus would have been much better. Much like a lot of you folks I was left scratching my head over the required Dragon, but eventually settled on Dialga -- not being weak in return meant I could Dragon Pulse away every fellow Dragon on the field, Thunder countered Kyogre, Earth Power was excellent coverage, and Flash Cannon was needed for Diancie, Xerneas, and Sylveon. Props, of course, to that one Xerneas that was EV'd to survive it, another reason I tried to establish sandstorm damage in order to screw up calcs and Focus Sashes. My team obviously had some signicant overlapping weaknesses to both Water and Ground, which themselves are signicantly common attacking types, but I could usually play around them while maintaining my own offensive pressure and Aerodactyl support. (Thanks to can't say for bringing Aerodactyl up way earlier in this thread and giving me the idea to use it.)

DAY 1 (7-3): Aerodactyl is awesome. Only saw 2 Darkrai and 1 Xerneas, and Taunt screwed them all. No Groudons, if you can believe that, but 2 Kyogres -- Wide Guard made one useless but the other got me because I was careless with Aerodactyl and Dialga before it came out. Didn't help that I played awfully the first few games and got behind (why I didn't Wide Guard an obvious M-Glalie Explosion... will be asking myself that one for days...) before getting it together. Saw a surprising number of Haxorus and Talonflame, which was great, because neither one could do much against my team. Only one truly close match (EAYG-WWWW-WWXM-YKJM), though, sadly enough.

DAY 2 (7-3): Here came the Groudons. Aerodactyl was once again MVP status for many of the wins. The only time something went wrong was facing a Xerneas + P-Groudon lead. After taunting the Xerneas and getting the KO with Dialga's Flash Cannon, I noticed I outsped the Xerneas and never found out if he Geomancy'd or not; Groudon proceded to wreck my team, leaving me wondering if there is any "right" choice against that lead. I hope I don't see it again and have to find out. There's also not much of an answer to Milotic/Suicine on my squad, and it took everything we had to overcome the one that showed up -- the most rewarding win yet since I wrote off the match at team preview (36YW-WWWW-WWXM-YLP9). Overall the majority of games were either close, entertaining, enlightening, or some awesome combination thereof -- much better than Day 1!

DAY 3 (6-4): Was exhausted by the time midnight rolled around, but with St. Patrick's stuff all day Sunday it was necessary to play tired if I wanted to finish. The fatigue definitely showed, but so many games seemed won or lost by hax it was crazy. Aerodactyl was already several beers deep, judging from all the Rock Slide misses >.> Sheer Cold Scarfed Kyogre is a thing, and it was hilarious. The teams I was expecting all tournament finally showed up -- tons of Xerneas, Darkrai, and the Primals (Rayquaza proved to be zero threat to my team, which is cool). Most of the Xerneas were paired with a Fake Out user, so I usually led Aerodactyl and Tyranitar in order to guarantee either a Taunt or Thunder Wave on it, which actually worked most of the time. Between all the good times, I still lost to VGC teams (BGCW-WWWW-WWXM-PXP8... should have Taunted Aegislash second turn, I guess? may never know). Even though I played rather poorly, all the matches were lots of fun and many of the teams very unique to face. Worth.

4HGG-WWWW-WWXM-PXQR -- if nothing else, I would watch just this replay. Had one game left to reach 20 wins, and I was sure this was going to be a loss as I succumbed to despair. But it somehow turned in my favor and provides plenty of entertainment value along the way; apparently Tyranitar is my surprise Darkrai counter and 3 turns of sleep are great, lol.

(edit for formatting)

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well it's 3:30am and I have work tomorrow (or today, whichever way you want to look at it) so I have to call it. Another really busy weekend has limited the games I got to play, I wanted to aim for at least 1600 points but I kept getting into the 1590 range and then copping a loss. I'm not one to get salty over hax as it's part of the game, but all my losses had some really crucial hax in my opponents favour (mostly crits through Diancie's defensive boosts). I also had a couple DC's on my end since I'm playing at my girlfriend's place and her router is kinda iffy. I had one (imo) legit loss where a Mega Metagross hadn't used Bullet Punch all game despite my Diancie going to town (he was opting for Power-up Punch / Meteor Mash so I assumed he didn't have it) so on the turn I went for the KO with Earth Power I didn't go for Follow Me and he got the KO with Bullet Punch. He was then able to clean up with the attack boosts he had gained.

Even though my W/L ratio is pretty crummy, I was having a lot of fun! If I had tomorrow off I would have continued on to play until I passed out. I ran into lots of cool strategies, the whole meta itself didn't seem to be very centralising either (unlike BoH where CresDon was everything). I also really enjoyed being able to use the Diancie I SR'd. I'll be back to post my team later when I can get one of those fancy battle box screen shots. I didn't save any battle videos though (if I win I'm always way too excited and quickly choose no, if I lose I'm usually too salty and quickly choose no, lol)

Welp, in the end I decided to play all my matches and it ended in 19 wins and 11 losses. All things considered I'm pretty okay with it. Strangely enough one of my final matches was against someone in the 1700s who for some reason gave up when they still had 2 mons left so my score shot back up to 1630, but with this loss I can't tell where I am now(Is it just on the global link somewhere? I can only see the people I fought and whether I won or lost.). Here's my final match, in case anyone cares: YCNW-WWWW-WWXM-TZ66
I got really lucky with the thunder crit but sadly I was less lucky with Dialga's sleep counter. If it'd woken up earlier I could've just draco meteor'd that Rayquaza. (Unless I misunderstood the sleep mechanics and spore)

Like I alluded to earlier my team is pretty hodgepodge and I was mostly relying on brute force, but I had fun anyway.

Last edited:
Ok I went 6-4 Today which makes me 21-9 Total. I enjoyed today, but I got haxed pretty bad on game 5 which through me off for the next couple.
Here is my team:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Level: 50
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Protect

This Groudon set was pretty clutch because of the speed EVs I put on it, I didn't really have a purpose in putting them there but I wanted to be able to out pace other P-Groudons so I just put enough EVs to creep base 100s with no investment. Max for max damage output and I wanted an odd HP number so I had 8 leftover EVs and 8 EVs in one stat does the same as 4 thats why there is 4 in both defences. Groudon ended up being the key member during many battles considering I built the team around it. Sub was very helpful against Darkrai because I how I shut that down.

Cherrim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flower Gift
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Helping Hand
- Substitute
- Protect
- Heal Pulse

I saw someone using this strategy during the Generation showdown so I wanted to try it. But I wrecked that terribly when I fought it so I kept that in mind. Helping hand + Flower Gift swept many teams (I have and example below) so I was happy with it. If I were to do it again I would but Giga Drain or something over Sub because I used it like 5 times only.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Tailwind
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Giratina was the backbone of the team holding it all together. I needed Tailwind for Groudon to be able to out speed most things and something to help beat Darkrai. The EVs let me live 2 Jolly life orb Dragon's Accents and 2 Primal Kyorge Ice Beams. Shadow Ball being the only attacking move was a huge mistake because I ended up having to time stall a Kangaskhan on Day 2 and lost to a team with no lengends as well.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

I also wanted Fake Out so I could get up a Sub easier and help out with Darkrai a bit more. Return was very underwelming at times and cost me to lose my last game because a Darkrai lived a Return. But this was a worth while Mega for me in this competition.

These are the legends I ran into by the way:
Total:
Mew: 0 :(
Mewtwo: 3 (only one was mega and it was Y)
Ho-oh: 1
Lugia: 1
Celebi: 0
Kyorge: 5 (1 Wasn't Primal)
Groudon: 5 (All Primal)
Rayquaza: 7 (All Mega)
Deoxys: 0 (I almost used this)
Jirachi: 0
Palkia: 1
Diagla: 2
Darkrai: 6
Shaymin: 0
Manaphy: 0
Arceus: 2 (1 Normal and 1 Fairy)
Reshiram: 1
Zekrom: 0
Kyurem: 2 (1 Black and 1 White)
Meloeta: 0
Victini: 0
Keldeo: 0
Genesect: 0 (Also wanted to use this)
Xerneas: 4
Yvetal: 1
Zygarde: 0
Diancie: 2

Primal Sweep:
FZEG-WWWW-WWXM-U3QX

Hax first turn makes me sad:
CWLW-WWWW-WWXM-U42V

Groudon the janitor:
52SG-WWWW-WWXM-U4DP

My score going into the final game was 1662 and I lost to a guy with a rating of 1676 so My final rating is probably around 1650.

Last edited:
So how many battles do we get 30 or 40? the comp seems to run for 4 days..

edit: apparently its 30 :P

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So how many battles do we get 30 or 40? the comp seems to run for 4 days..

edit: apparently its 30 :P
I know you figured it out but..

The competition lasts 72 hours (0:00 GMT Friday - 23:59 GMT Sunday), with 10 battles every 24 hours. 72/24=3, 3x10=30

There's currently 1 hour 45 minutes left to compete!

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got haxed by real life sadly. Lost internet yesterday, and didn't even know this was only bring 4 pick 4 till the last few hours, so I rushed a team.

That being said... I somehow went 14-4 lol. My dumb, rushed team is below

Basically, Mega Rayquaza + Klefki owned a ton of people really hard. Aegislash was there because I made the team in 5 seconds, but it did beat some Xerneas and Cresselia so it wasn't all bad!

I also meant to have Twave on Klefki over Play Rough. I lost two haxy matches because of it, but it also won me two matches. Seeing Klefki OHKO a Mega Rayquaza after Dragon Ascent was pretty epic!

I lost 3 matches due to unfortunate hax, and one match because "dude had Dialga', which this team is very very weak to as you can imagine.

Overall though, despite the unforutnate circumstances, I had fun. I at least know what I'm using next time theres an Ubers tournament: Klefki is totally getting a slot!

okay, so here's the full team continued from my other post

Basically made around the combo of GeoXern + Follow Me Jirachi. I wasn't too sure about using one of my legend slots on a 600BST with stuff like Arceus and primals available, but its synergy with Xerneas is deadly for redirecting attacks to help it set up or just spam Dazzling Gleam. Jirachi was specially defensive to take hits from Xerneas/Dialga/etc. and Lum berry was almost mandatory to handle Darkrai. Kangaskhan pairs really well with both so it was a no brainer for my mega. I was set on those 3 so the last slot had to be a dragon, a non-legend and a non-mega which sounded bad. The best I could come up with is Salamence who had good utility with Intimidate and Tailwind and helped beat Groudon and steel types which could give me trouble, then slapped a sash on it since that item is just too useful in these fast paced unrestricted metas.

And a few more replays if anyone is interested

65GG-WWWW-WWXN-4MMK - This guy had a really neat team and it wrecked me, Gravity/Trick Room with Dusclops and a Follow Me Mr. Mime (damn exclusive move from GoD, I had no idea it got that lol)
U2HG-WWWW-WWXM-R2JR - Good example of Jirachi/Xerneas combo working
2NSW-WWWW-WWXM-R79B - Just throwing this one in since he was the highest rating I faced at 1760something, more use of Gravity too

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Thought I should post my team, even though I didn't do anywhere near as good as I hoped, since I spent a considerable amount of time trying to theorymon, as well as track down and get one Pokemon in particular

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 31/31/22/30/26/31
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Blastoise @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 4 SpA / 92 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 26/31/26/2/31/31
- Dragon Ascent
- Aqua Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Hitmontop (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD (iirc)
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Helping Hand
- Wide Guard

I started with Diancie, since I SR'd it back in Y and never used it since. I had read in the doubles forum that it's quite the threat there, although that format doesn't allow for stupidly OP stuff like Primal Groudon / Kyogre, Arceus etc. but I thought I would use it regardless. I knew redirection was going to be key to her survival but my options were limited. Togekiss stacks weaknesses with it, Amoongus looked very underwhelming and ethan06 was already using Diancie+Volcarona. I really almost went for Lucario but then decided I would get serious and try and track down the rare Follow Me Blastoise. Being unfamiliar with the set, I left it as it was given to me (the moves were already optimal and I didn't have time to do damage calcs). Scald was really cool if I managed to burn a threat as it actually made Diancie pretty physically bulky, especially after a Diamond Storm boost (I lived Precipice Blades from Groudon and Bullet Punch from Mega Metagross at +1). I added Hitmontop as a secondary partner for Diancie which would lead if the opponent had Groudon / Kyogre and the like, as it could Fake Out the threat, Wide Guard the powerful spread moves, and boost Diancie's Diamond Storm to crazy levels with Helping Hand. Ray was a lazy addition as I needed a Dragon type and I hadn't used up my second 'Legendary slot' yet. I found him to super slow in normal forme, but that was easily patched if I managed to get off an Icy Wind while Protecting. There were a couple matches where I had to use Mega Ray which meant keeping Diancie unevolved, luckily I won those games before she even came out!

As I somewhat alluded to in my previous post; I was super busy over the weekend and only got my team finalised on the last day and pretty much played through the night until I dropped. Even though I didn't do as well as I hoped, I still had a lot of fun. I'm still very much learning how doubles works so I'm nowhere near as harsh on myself when I under-perform as I am in singles, which was actually pretty refreshing for me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hanging for another singles comp though (or Rotations!). There hasn't been any word on what the next comp for us Western players will be as the Japanese are getting a couple of comps specifically for their region in the meantime (VGC qualifications and stuff). Guess we just have to wait and see!

Kortex

Banned deucer.
I ended at 27-3 in this competition. It's a solid finish, but I was a little disappointed because 2 of the 3 losses were disconnections on my end due to poor internet at the beginning of the tournament. I had already sealed up one game and I had an easy matchup in the other disconnection. My one legitimate loss was a close game against a Trick Room team comprised of Dialga, Hitmontop, Primal Groudon, and Mega Mawile. My team consisted of Mega Kangaskhan, Dialga, Primal Groudon, and Sylveon. You might have seen a couple of my friends running around with a similar team. This is my original team that I have been working on for quite a while and it is based around using Trick Room to gain an advantage over the opponent while countering the top threats with certain niche move choices and EV spreads. I will be uploading the team from Pokemon Global Link when the site is back online, as well as a more detailed analysis later on.

EDIT: Upon approval, I will be writing a full report about this competition on http://nuggetbridge.com so stay tuned for that! It will be in the same style as my previous report about the Battle of Legends Competition found here: http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/inn...-metagame-battle-legends-us-1st-place-report/

Last edited:
Looks like I'm first to drop in to brag since the rankings have been up? Welp, I did a hell of a lot better than my last couple of competitions, going 21W-9L in the end with a team that was half god and half super-derp (I like to think it balances out on the OP scale). I am very proud, especially considering Dialga had the world's mediocrest IVs ("above average" but 0 in Sp. Def and no 31s - only one I could get with a Quiet nature), and Groudon was only perfect in the base 3 for an ORAS legend.

DragTeam.JPG

I ended up finishing 950th on the global rankings, and 16th in the UK, which I am especially happy about.

WorldRatingDragon.JPG
GBRatingDragon.JPG

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
Yup, the results are in and I clocked in at 1,004th place, as well as #12 in Australia. A little disappointing that I didn't get past the 1,000 benchmark but I'm still happy with my effort :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)