BW OU Enter the Dragon

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Introduction

Hey there! This is a joint team created by me and JabbaTheGriffin. We decided to split the RMT in 2, my comments are in red while Jabbas are in blue.

In the middle of April I made successful rain team with SevenDeadlySins that achieved a high enough rating to achieving voting reqs. Satisfied, I was willing to sit back and wait until the suspect period ended until something terrible happened. I wasn't too fond of the current metagame, every team was practically a carbon copy of each other and the few people who did use creative Pokemon/sets were usually terrible. But suddenly, I got this spontaneous idea to make a 5 Drag / 1 Mag to mess with the ladder a bit. It also coincided with my desire to get the best use out of Haxorus and thus the team was born. initially the team was awful, but then I had Jabba helped me turn it into something. The amount of surprise wins I got was astonishing! I loved wrecking Steel types with Haxorus and cleaning up late game with Garchomp. I loved destroying entire teams with Mamoswine when Skarmory/Bronzong was gone. But the best part about that the team was that it wasn't generic in the slightest. Bloo managed to get a 1500 rating with 2 accounts and Franky peaked #2 with it. I was super proud that I managed to actually accomplished in the team building world.The team has gotten progressively worse now this is mainly due to the fact that many other individuals have used the team too and the surprise factor is gone(Before I even got to post the team too ;_;). Still, its a solid team that takes guts, intelligence, skill and a lot of balls to use. I had a ton of fun making it with Jabba and before anyone goes calls me out on the forums/IRC/PO by saying "this team isn't that good" I don't care. This has been my most successful team on Smogon to date and i'm mighty proud of it. Its true what they say, every man has his day...

Once upon a time, there was a totally superstrong dragon who could kill everything. His name was Mamoswine the Dragon of Strength. He didn't look like a dragon, but he totally was. He was best pals with another dragon, Haxorus the Dragon of Rivals. Together they roamed the land fighting evil and partaking in several filler episodes where they discovered people that were not useful to the plot and would learn about these people and then never see them again. One day a flying metal bird approached them. Neither could take the flying metal bird down no matter what they tried. Another dragon showed up. His name was Magnezone the Dragon of FUKSkarm. He attached himself to this metal bird and destroyed it with bolts of lightning summoned forth from the sky. They knew it was a match made in heaven. After several weeks of more filler episodes, the dragons faced one of the strongest dragons who also happened to have had psychic powers. They were too slow to take this dragon down. Just then Garchomp the Dragon of Cool Scarfs showed up to outspeed the psychic dragon and destroy him with his anger. The four then took a 3 month summer break and then returned in the fall for all new episodes. In the season premiere they were pitted against the Washing Machine of Power, which burned the entire crew with its threatening wisps of fire. Just when all hope was lost, the psychic dragon they had defeated just months earlier saved the day. His name was Latios the Dragon of Special Mind Powers. He shrugged off the burns and summoned massive meteors from um. The sky. The Washing Machine of Power was easily *unplugged*. They were almost a complete team, just one thing was missing. They realized what it was when they faced another of the fabled Garchomps and could not land an attack through the thick sandstorm of the desert or something. A frog dragon hopped into action and summoned a very light rain that you didn't really need an umbrella for but no one would judge if you had one out. Politoed the Dragon of Occasional Sprinkles was his name. And he was the fabled 6th member. The team was complete. And so is this introduction.

Team Building 101
V1

The original team started with 5 Dragon-types + 1 Magnezone. I did this to troll the ladder and I personally wanted to see if it was possible to overrun teams with 5 Dragons. I didn't concern myself with "synergy" or covering common threats, I just wanted to have fun. The dragons used were Haxorus, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Dragonite and Salamence, all 5 of them used Choice Band. I refused to use an additional Mag (Magneton) because using 2 mags is just dumb. I got a few wins, but overall the team was terrible with absolutely 0 defensive backbone and I easily got swept by Latios / Latias every time. One of the funnest iterations of the team though.

V2

Eventually I gave up trolling the ladder and legitimately tried to make the team work. I gave Garchomp a Choice Scarf and replaced Hydreigon for bulky physically defensive Rotom to help me check common threats like Excadrill and Conkeldurr. Above all else, I wanted to make this team as fun as possible so I refused to use cookie cutter a.k.a boring pokemon. The team was slightly better than the previous one but it was still a failure.

V3

Arguably the most important teambuilding phase. This is where Jabba stepped in and turned this piece of crap team into pure gold. He recommended that I use Mamoswine, a Pokemon that has excellent synergy with this team in general. Mamoswine provided my team with an additional check to opposing Dragon-type, while my team returned the favor by luring out and eliminating Mamoswines counters (Skarmory and Bronzong) He also suggested I use a Latios of my own to wreck havoc / check most of the other dragons in OU. Those recommendations resulted in one of the strongest teams I ever built in OU. I instantly noticed a difference in power when I started laddering. In a span of 1 day I went from low 1200ish to a 1368 and I got reqs in a week. I immediately lent it to both Jabba and Bloo. Jabba had a right to it considering his changes made the team viable and Bloo is a whiz at laddering, he'd be able to tell instantly tell me if the team was solid. He broke the 1500+ barrier in 2 days. I'm not the type of person to brag (ok maybe a little) but I think I finally built a team that was perfect to me. It wasn't cookie cutter, it was unique and at the same it was viable too! The team had many flaws namely a large Excadrill weakness, but tbh I didn't care at all. Jabba told me that the team was solid but it could be improved in several ways (he didn't like Dragonite) I was mildly curious, but I didn't care too much. This was my favorite iteration of the team and its still extremely fun to use today.

This is where I stepped in, being the master of all that is awesome. PK was "trolling" the ladder with a pretty shitty dragon/mag team. I saw a few battles and was intrigued at the pure strength of dragons. Obviously my first suggested change for a team that relies heavily on pure strength was to add the one and only Mamoswine. Turns out Mamo + Dragons + Magnezone was a pretty fresh combination, and the team immediately gained viability, that's how awesome me and mamo are. The next change I was debating was replacing one of the mons for Latios, since at the time nothing really liked switching into Rotom-W, which, protip, you really don't want. I wanted to keep it ballin with hard hitting dragons so instead of replacing something with say Rotom-Cut or Celebi, I thought that Latios would make a solid addition. The biggest problem was what to replace. I thought that both Dragonite and Salamence were weak links, but I didn't know which had more situational usage. Multiscale was great, but I hardly ever got to make use of it since there's nothing to really stop SR from going up when using this team. Intimidate + the extra speed of Mence gave it a big of an advantage, but I ultimately decided to stick with Dnite for the priority of Espeed + the last resort natt killing utility of Fire Punch.

V4

The current and final version of the team. Jabba finally found a suitable replacement for Dragonite in Politoed. Scarf Politoed could help me patch up that Excadrill weakness and avoid "stupid" sand veil related losses. At that point it wasn't my team anymore, with Jabba contributing to 3 members (and being the sole reason why the team was viable in the first place) the team transformed into a joint effort. Incidentally me and Bloo shared the team with a couple of other users and from there it spread like wildfire. I began seeing more and more clones of my team which greatly infuriated me because it made laddering with that team harder but at the same time I was happy to see a bunch of users laddering with my team. (/bragging)

The Toed change isn't the best or most optimal change for the team, but it's really a practical one. With Solum's Bore and the rising usage of sub/sd Chomp it's really nice to make sure you don't miss at crucial moments. That's almost the entire reason for Toed. The other reason is the slight Excadrill weakness. If LO gets a chance to set up it's pretty much gg. So, while on paper, it's not the best move for the team, it's definitely solid in practice and more than anything guarantees more consistency that's needed for ladder play.

The Team

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop

The one and only, the big kahuna himself, and the reason this team was created in the first place. Choice Band Haxorus is an absolute monster and it deserves way more use than it currently has right now. Choice Band Haxorus has exactly [1] Solid counter in the entire game (Skarmory) and if you can remove it, you're looking at a OHKO or a 2HKO every time Haxorus switches in. Outrage hits like a hooker who just got scammed out of her money, that is to say extremely hard. It hits so hard that many common steel types are 2HKOed. Even though Outrage is amazing, and 9 times out of 10 I use Outrage, Haxorus' coverage moves are pretty decent. Earthquake hits steel types (obvious) and cocky levitate users (not so obvious) while Brick Break "kinda" deters Ferrothorn from switching in. Dual Chop is a nifty move, it has imperfect accuracy, but it hits twice so you can wreck substitute users. Haxorus is by far my favorite member on the team and although my aggressive play causes him to be KOed far too often, I almost never regret it because CB Outrage hits so hard. I experimented with Rilvary, because the power boost is huge (and I mean OHKOing Excadrill in one shot huge) but people are starting to use female Pokemon(cool we just started a trend). Thats okay, i'll troll right back with Female Rilvary Haxorus. I think I have the right to say that Haxorus is the best Choice Bander in the entire OU metagame.

I definitely thought Haxorus was a piece of shit before I even used it once. Using CB Haxxy, though, I was immediately sold on the pure raw power that such a manly dragon could bring to the table. PK discusses Mold Breaker vs. Rivalry, and I just have to say I've stuck with Rivalry since day one. The extra 25% damage is huge sometimes and pushes a lot of near OHKOS over the hump. The biggest problem dropping mold breaker though is of course Zong, but I play around it other ways just so I can keep the awesome power of my Rivalrous Haxxy. I love just finding an opportunity to get this thing in for free and spam Outrage like it's 1999. It shines against defensive teams though, where if you can trap their steel, you're just going to go to town on the rest of their slow defensive mons that can't take a hit from big baller over here.

P.S. PKGaming stop using the word "troll" all the time.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dual Chop

If Haxorus is the best Choice Band then Garchomp is easily the best Choice Scarfer in the OU metagame. Choice Scarf Garchomp is capable of checking just about everything. From the annoying Thundurus to the almost as equally as annoying Volcorona, Garchomp is the ultimate revenge killer. Its extremely good at cleaning up lategame too, when pokemon are weakened and stuff. Garchomp relies on Haxorus to weaken opposing teams while he cleans up lategame. They're like the ultimate partners. Outrage and EQ are strong (especially considering its a choiced mon) and they have near perfect coverage together. Stone Edge is pretty much required for taking out Thundurus / Volcorona in one shot without locking yourself into Outrage. Sometimes I Outrage anyway because Stone Edge is the worst move in the entire game. Dragon Claw lets me get good damage without leaving Garchomp completely vulnerable and I don't feel like running Dual Chop because of the imperfect accuracy / thats Haxorus' thing.

Great cleaner obviously. Benefits a lot from having Haxxy/Zone clearing out the mons that can take an Outrage which PK talked about. Not really much more to add.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone and Dragon-types go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you want a Steel-type eliminated Magnezone is your machine. (Unless said steel type is running Shed Shell like a little bitch) Oftentimes the game is decided if I can trap Skarm because of the rest of the team has an easy time overwhelming teams that rely on Skarm to check physical sweepers. Did I mention that Skarm is a huge bitch to this team? Players do everything in their power prevent Skarm from ever getting trapped. Double switches are key for Magnezone, just don't be too obvious with them. What else do I need to say about Magnezone? T-bolt hits electric weaks / steel types that aren't quad weak to fire, HP fire wrecks Scizor and Ferrothorn, and I can use Substitute to screw over certain Steel-types AND get a cheap shot at the opponents team. Its a simple and easy to use Pokemon thats extremely effective in this metagame. Magnezone actually hits surprisingly hard without a boosting item and oftentimes teams struggle to check him once their ground resists are gone. Otherwise he's complete fodder after the opponents steel types are removed and he's the first Pokemon i'll sac (unless the opponent has a Skarmory.)

Great for clearing out steels but if you're going to be one of the assholes stealing this team just be careful. Magnezone is definitely the mon you have to play the most cautiously because if you lose it before clearing out Scizor/Natt/Skarmory, the rest of the team is really going to suffer. It doesn't mean you still can't pull the win out of your ass, but it makes it that much more difficult. Also, it's now my turn to do the more rambley discussions.

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

I've always loved Mamoswine. He's so strong and fierce and Gen 5 finally gave him some solid Ice Stab to work with in Icicle Crash. So of course when PK told me about this team I jumped at the chance to recommend the strongest mon in the frozen tundra. The thing about a team that whores out dragons is that they tend to be dragon weak (whoa another protip). Your two options are generally either to fill the back-end with Steel mons or to rock either Mamoswine or Weavile I guess. Me and PK went with the much more badass option of taking the pimp train to Mamoswine town. This thing both revenges dragons and just cleans ass when certain pokemon are removed, mostly steel types and rotom-w (which it can do for itself if you nail the switch with stone edge and it's not a bulkier spread). It's really the heart <3 of the team after Haxorus and you better hope you don't run into this guy in a dark alley because he has the rape eyes.

A badass tusked mammoth that could rape face at any given time. Whats not to like? Honestly though I never found the opportunity to use him until Jabba recommended him to me. To say that he's reached my expectations would be a complete lie. Mamoswine went above and beyond that because its an absolute ANIMAL in gen V. Not only does hit incredibly hard with Earthquake it even has STAB priority to pick off weakened targets. Ice Shard wrecks top threats like Garchomp, Thundurus and Tornadus. Flinching a Skarmory with Icicle Crash is the best feeling in the world.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Psyschock

Talked about this up in the teambuilding process section. He delivers the hard hits that the dragon clan is famous for while being able to switch in on things like Jellicent and Rotom-W that are going to throw Wisps around all willy-nilly. Me and PK run different sets, he'll discuss what he runs a bit down, but I think it's life orb 4 attack with hp fire or something lame. I went with straight up specs because I prefer the raw power without the LO recoil that makes it harder to switch in consistently. I don't mind having to predict a bit more, as it comes with the territory in the first place when running dragon spam. I just usually stick to Draco Meteor or double switching to Haxxy/Zone depending on what's coming in to take the hit anyway. Trick could be useful in the last slot over Psyshock, but I like the late game consistency of a secondary stab that can also get by Blissey if it needs to. It can really ease some end games, where trick could be a problem if you mispredict and trick the wrong mon.

While Jabba uses the simple and EASY TO PLAY AROUND Specs set, I prefer finesse and a use Life Orb set with Draco Meteor / HP Fire / Psychock / Surf. The ability to switch moves is godsend because you don't have to deal with dumb things like bulky Pokemon switching into your resisted coverage moves. I'll admit that Specs Psycho Shock is very sexy though and the ability to 2HKO Blissey is awesome. Not much else to say, I appreciate Latios' ability to switch into annoying pokemon like Rotom-W and Jellicent.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

Definitely a huge help to the team when dealing with Sand teams. Also helps against Sun teams occasionally, but really dragons don't have much of a problem having fun in the sun anyway. PK runs a much different set, but I went with simplicity with this since that's all I really needed. I don't need to get fancy with it. I just need to come in and use surf a couple times and get sand off the field. Surf/Ice Beam are therefore no-brainers. The last two are where me and PK differ. I'm not sure what he runs so I'll just talk about what I run. I went with HP grass mainly so I can hit Rotom-W for moderate damage if I need to. I haven't used it yet, but I guarantee the second I take it off I'm going to lose to a 40% Rotom-W so no thanks I'll just keep it on. The last slot is really weird. I didn't really thing Toed even needed a 4th move, so I just stuck on a defensive measure against SmashPassing teams. Definitely more useful than I think any other move would be in that slot, but feel free to run whatever PK thinks is best since I'm just an odd fellow.

Scarf Politoed fixes up a lot issues with the team and I appreciate its ability to check annoying threats like Excadrill and Garchomp. Hits like a bitch with Hydro Pump considering its low SpA stat. The thing I like the most about Politoed is that people are so desperate to preserve Tyranitar when they see Politoed they sack other Pokemon just to keep him alive but thing is ee don't even run any rain sweepers. The set I use isn't much different from Jabba, I'm running Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Hypnosis / Surf, but 90% of the time i'm spamming rain boosted Hydro Pumps.

Threatlist
Breloom: Standard fare here, sac the least useful Pokemon to Spore and switch into Latios. Breloom can't switch into a single Pokemon on this team.
Blissey: Can switch in and wall one half of the team and gets wrecked by the other half. Switching in Haxorus or Mamoswine should be enough to force it out. Blissey can't check Latios if its using Psychock.
Bronzong: Kind of annoying because it can tank a wide variety of hits and it hard counters Mamo / Garchomp. Furthermore, its not always trappaple because some carry Earthquake. Its not that bad though, Politoed can wall it and Latios can 2HKO most variants with HP fire. Haxorus can smash it to pieces with Mold Breaker Earthquake. Jabba claims to have a harder time because he uses Rilvary on Haxorus.
Celebi: Latios is a good enough check to Celebi most of the time. Haxorus and Mamoswine can revenge kill slower defensive versions. Celebi can't switch into anything bar Politoed.
Conkeldurr: There isn't a single Pokemon it can switch into, its straight up 2HKOed by everything on the team so it can't find many opportunities to set up. That said, it can be pain if it catches Garchomp at a bad time and sets up with bulk up. I can always check it with Latios and Politoed though.
Deoxys-S:A tricky Pokemon to handle because you can't always stop it from setting up Dual Screens/Hazards etc because of that massive speed. If the opponent leads with Deoxys-S I typically lead with Haxorus and Double Chop for the 2HKO on sashed varients. Offensive variants are actually pretty dangerous because they can 1-2HKO every member on this team barring Politoed. I just play around with it until I see a favorable switch in(EX: Baiting the superpower for Latios). A huge threat.
Excadrill: Excadrill is a bitch for this team. Thankfully, Politoed makes things substantially easier and if I can keep the rain up, its much easier to handle. It can't set up on anything barring Garchomp because everything else hits it too hard. Outrage from CB Haxorus does over 80% to it too so I don't even need to "predict." Latios has enough bulk to an unboosted JOLLY LO X-scissor at worst. Mamosine can pick it off with Ice Shard at low health. Politoed obviously revenge kills it.
Edit: GOSH Jibaku

Ferrothorn: There's no point in countering Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn will try to counter every sweeper on this set and between Latios, Haxorus and Garchomp it can't stand much punishment. Magnezone wrecks it for obvious reasons, but the rain means that it gets 3-4KHOed by HP Fire meaning it can set up a couple of hazards.

Forretress: See Ferrothorn.

Garchomps: Garchomp isn't too bad. It can't switch into anything barring Magnezone, and even then Flash cannon hurts. Sub/SD varients can't set up and Scarf versions can played around.Chomp is easily revenge killed by Latios, Mamoswine, Politoed and my own scarf chomp.
To be fair though scarfed variants clean up late game, but as long as you predict you keep Mamoswine healthy you should be fine. I like to bait chomp into using Outrage and revenge killing it with Mamoswine.

Sand Veil: Go buy a lottery ticket, since you have chance of outright losing the battle.

Gengar: Gengar is a dick if it can switch into Earthquake from Garchomp or Mamoswine because it hits the team extremely hard, but other than it can't OHKO anything on the team (bar Magnezone) so it usually ends up crippling 1 pokemon and dying in the process. Scarf chomp can revenge and Mamo can pick it off at about half hp but there are times where I wish I didn't use HP Fire Latios and force a speed tie.

Gliscor: Gliscor isn't a problem at all. It can only switch into Garchomp and Magnezone (the latter can hit it hard with Flash Cannon) CB Haxorus does like 70+ to Gliscor and the rest of the team obviously wrecks it. Latios and Politoed have little trouble switching in and destroy it with their strong moves. Gliscor doesn't want to be anywhere near Mamoswine.

Gyarados: Gyarados can't really do anything to this team. Defensive versions can annoy chomp and Mamoswine but can't touch the rest of the team. CB versions in the rain are kind of annoying because it hits like a truck but luckily more than half of this isn't OHKOed by rain boosted Waterfall and I can usually take out it out with CB Haxorus or Latios.

Haxorus: GG, might as well quit the match. Okay, Haxorus is capable of guaranteeing an OHKO every time it switches in, but it traps itself every time it uses Outrage. Latios, Garchomp can easily revenge kill it and Mamoswine can take it out with Ice Shard if its been weakened. Although CB Earthquakes are annoying because nothing on this team likes taking them. Fortunately its frailty means that it can't set up anything so DD and SD versions aren't a problem.

Heatran: Heatran gets curbstombed Politoed (and rain and general) and it can't really switch into anything minus Magnezone. Air Balloon versions are decent checks to Chomp, but even then you can just Dragon Claw on the switch and switch into Politoed. Revenge killed by everything other than Magnezone.

Hydreigon: Kind of a big deal really. It guarantees a kill everytime it switches in but it literally cannot switch into anything. Pick a pokemon you want to sac and force it out from there, never give it any chances to switch in. Revenged by Latios, Chomp and Mamoswine (weakened)
Extremely annoying to deal with.

Infernape: Not that big of a problem. Handled by a combination of Politoed and Latios and revenge killed by Chomp at all times. It also can't switch into anything (notice a theme?)

Jellicent: It only really bothers Politoed and not much else. Magnezone and Latios have no problem switching in and forcing it out. It takes too much damage from Chomp and Mamoswine and is outright OHKOed by Outrage from Haxorus.

Jirachi: Support versions get gets wrecked by Magnezone (who always beats non Fire Punch / Non CM Jirachi) and Mamo/Chomp/Haxorus can take it out with Earthquake. Max speed CM Jirachi is kind of annoying because it can take out both Haxorus and Mamoswine at +1 SpA, and Latios doesn't phaze it. I pretty much need to make sure that Garchimp is alive.

Kingdra: Swift Swim Kingdra is actually extremely annoying to deal with because of Politoeds presence. Usually if I see a Kingdra I refrain from bringing out Politoed unless I have too, because otherwise it can 6-0 in ideal conditions. Fortunately it can't switch into anything (other than Politoed obviously) and is revenged killed by chomp/latios/haxorus outside of rain.

:Kyurem: Kind of a bitch because its not a frail and this team lacks SR, but its decently checked by Magnezone and revenged killed by a bunch of Pokemon. Hail spam sucks

Landlos: If I can keep rain down, Landlos isn't that big of a deal because it loses out on its massive power boost. I can check it with Latios and Politoed, and revenge with Mamoswine and Chomp if the former is KOed.

Latias: A massive problem, in the same vein as Hydreigon but substantially weaker. Calm mind versions are a huge bitch if Chomp gone, because it has no problem setting up on Magnezone. I'm pretty much required to keep chomp when dealing with Latias or I lose. I can somewhat check it with a combination of Chomp and Mamoswine but even thats not enough and its part of the reason why I sometimes hate running HP fire on Latios.

Latios: Latios is probably the biggest problem for this team. It has little it can come in on, but when it does it's going to be a massive problem. You don't want to toss Zone in there to take the hit since it's going to 2hko most of the time unless for some reason it's just tossing out non specs dragon pulses. I'd say scarf is the biggest problem since it outspeeds everything on the team and can ohko-2kho everything. This has been one of the bigger reasons I've wanted to try to fit Scizor in somewhere on the team. Maybe over Toed. It's worth a shot. But yeah this thing is just a menace. Some games can come down to that Latios/Latios speed tie which just isn't fun. That's one of the main reasons I haven't been on board with PK as far as life orb + hp fire goes.

Magnezone: A steel type is normally threatening to a team that relies on spamming dragon attacks, but definitely not the super-frail Magnezone. The only thing I'd have to worry about is getting into a Zone war that leaves my zone crippled/useless and unable to trap their more defensive steel.

Mew: This kool kat is one of the most threatening defensive mons to the team without a doubt. Haxorus and Latios are the only two mons that can really break it and Haxorus has to watch out for burn. Usually I go right to Latios to take the burn and hope I don't get Latios caught in a pursuit trap or something. Luckily people aren't currently using this bad boy as much as they should be. But it's definitely a mon that scares me when it comes up in team preview.

Ninetales: Sun teams are a breeze. Surprisingly they're generally easier to take down if using the Dragonite version as multiscale dragonite is definitely a great failsafe against sun teams, especially volcarona. But sun teams are generally frail and have trouble taking outrages/draco meteors so eventually ninetales goes down and toed can keep rain up if i even need it.

Politoed: Toed itself isn't a big problem, but rain teams can be a big pain in the ass sometimes, mostly because they make nattorei that much harder to kill as well as having the genie bros waiting to wreak havoc but i'll get to those later. PK is covering Nattorei but I'll just say rain protected nattorei is one of the most difficult things for this team to kill. I usually just go with Magnezone and allow it to get 3 layers of spikes up while I slowly take it down. In the longrun it's usually worth the sacrifice but it's obviously something I don't like to do.

Reuniclus: Dis ho. Was easier to take down with the Dragonite version, now it can be a pain in the ass once it gets a cm up. I try to keep Haxorus around if I see this motherfather in team preview since I know that's my easiest way to take it down. Everything else can do an okay amount of damage, but not really enough to take it down. Haven't been seeing as much of them lately but when they pop up they're definitely a threat. Trick Room versions are easier to deal with since they're not as bulky and have no recovery. This team isn't the bulkiest around but it can usually stave off the trick room turns no matter what follows up Reun.

Rotom-W: Rotom-W is the most common Mamo counter running around these days so I definitely like getting rid of it early. Like anything that throws around wisps, this thing can be kind of dangerous if i don't play it correctly. Much like mew, I usually go to Latios to take the initial wisp and then go from there depending on the rest of my opponent's team. Versions with no bulk thankfully get 2hkoed by mamo's stone edge, but I've been seeing mostly w's who can take 2 lately. Also relying on hitting 2 stone edges in a row is not fun.

Salamence: One of the least threatening dragons to the team. Though if I'm locked into an unfavorable attack with one of my choiced users, it can definitely force me to sac something. DD isn't a problem with 2 mons that can easily revenge it. Mixed is something I definitely have to look out for though, but it's not more threatening than Latios. Fatmence is dangerous though. Because it's fat.
Scizor: Obviously try to catch it with a Zone switch, but definitely have to be careful while doing so. A lot of our team can just power through it, like Haxorus with the sexy 2hko. Not that dangerous. It's most annoying when it gets a free chance to u-turn though since that's putting a dent in everything and the team definitely doesn't like losing the momentum to a U-turn.

Scrafty: I cut the suspenders so his pants fall down. Take that you little pants wearing lizard fuck.

Sigilyph: As KG's team has proven, this Pokemon is not a threat at all :P

Skarmory: I try to catch it with zone if I can, but Skarmory is probably the most cautiously played steel if your opponent sees magnezone in team preview. This can of course be used to your advantage but you definitely still need to be careful. Shed Shell Skarm has only recently started to pop up a bit and those are downright assholish and I obviously just try to be a boss and flinch it to death with Icicle CRASH or hope i can play fancily with Latios or somenaught.

Slowbro: Definitely an asshole to the team. I've played a lot of matches where it comes into Haxorus, takes a massive chunk of damage, then switches out and regains enough to wall the rest of my team pretty well. Usually I'll try to catch it on doubles if I have Mamo or Garchomp out so that I can get some free turns to fire draco meteors off until the late game when I'll finally kill it somehow. There's definitely a growing trend of Psychics really giving this team a problem though. Maybe I should replace the superstrong mamoswine with the Pimp in Suede Weavile.

Starmie: Life orb sets can be slightly problematic definitely. I always have garchomp in the wings to revenge it but before that happens something is going to take a hard hit. Man I really should fucking use weavile goddamn. Though that makes jirachi more of a problem but whatever weavile probably has a sweet fedora.

Terrakion: Terrakion is my best friend and would never do me any harm whatsoever. I have a few things that can revenge it if it sds, but I guess rock polish + life orb is really the biggest problem. I try not to give it an opportunity to set up, and if I give it a slight one, I still try to mitigate damages. ie if it comes to set up after latios kills something with dm, i'll usually fire a 2nd one off at -2 to just take it down even further, and then at -4 if i can so i can try my best to get it in ice shard range if i can. if it's rping with no life orb, a couple things can take a hit and kill it off.

Thundurus: Fuck this guy so hard. He's the most uncool genie bro. I bet he's only pretending to like club music to fit in. I have to be careful when switching in definitely, and I have trouble revenging it because I'm usually going to be forced to be locked into something unfavorable, especially since this thing can even be a problem early game. Go back home and listen to some jack johnson before i have mamoswine ice shard you, you queer.

Tornadus: Tornadobro is my buddy he's the real legit bro. On rain teams he can pose a bit of a problem. Specs isn't used as much, but is probably what I prefer to see, since Zone can eat a couple hurricanes if it has to. Not as common as Thundurus so it probably hasn't pissed this team off as much as it could I guess.

Tyranitar: Latios is the only mon that has to be wary of Tyranitar. Otherwise it's pretty much a pushover for the rest of the team. I try to make sure Latios doesn't get pursuited early or that could pose problems if the opp has mew or Rotom W. Bush or something.

Victini: Oh man Victini is so cute like he's just a cute little fire star and he's burning his way into our hearts. Could you imagine a Victini riding on a Keldeo? Because I can. And it's the cutest thing ever. Please draw it for me if you know how to draw. I would like as many pictures of it as possible. Like imagine them in front of a waterfall just being truly happy and having fun. And I bet shaymin would be by the water going oh man i'm super cute but i've never been as happy as those two are right now. And I never will be. No one ever will be.

Virizion: Latios is generally a pretty solid switch. I don't like taking too many HP ices if I can avoid it. If it gets a cm after latias goes down it can be a real bitch to take down and would probably require some mamo + scarf teamwork.

Volcarona: Harder to take down after the Dnite replacement. Since nothing that beats it is fire weak anyway, the rain from Toed doesn't help at all. Sometimes I have to resort to switching in Chomp right away and then hoping stone edge hits. Definitely not the best way to deal with something but there's really no other option, this bug is more of a nuisance than the ants my apartment had a few weeks ago.

EXPORT TO TEXT
Code:
Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

FUSkarmory (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Psyshock

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

I lost to this team all 3 times I faced it. It is incredibly hard to hold off that Haxorus, you 2HKOed my Forretress with it! I believe I faced PK Gaming because I always faced the LO Latios. This is the best dragon abusing team I have seen yet and slower teams like mine get crushed. I faced the quad dragon version V3, and you played it very well (clicking only Outrage) so I imagine the tweaks you have made would be better than mine. Nice job!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
First of all, thank you for the very enjoyable read! It's fun to read the bantering between the two of you while simultaneously getting a magnified understanding of the mindset of two fantastic battlers.

From what I've read, I absolutely love this team. Mamoswine has always been an underrated dark horse who deserves much more in today's metagame. Magnezone is yet another key Pokemon who can really give your team a competitive edge. Haxorus can dish out damage like no other and is an excellent cornerstone for many teams. I love the incorporation of Politoed on a non-Drizzle team simply for dealing with Excadrill and other weather threats.

Here's a few concerns that I have with the team:

No Pokemon on this team seems to enjoy status to any degree. Paralysis can outright ruin any single one of these members while half of the team takes a harsh blow from burn. Toxic doesn't do any favors to any of your team members; toxic Spikes in particular take on four members of your team. The main point I'm trying to show is that your team doesn't have a sure-fire status absorber. I don't know if you'd want to attempt alleviating it with Gliscor or Reuniclus or what. But it's something I'd at least consider addressing. Also, it'd be nice to know how you handle SS Cloyster and DD Scrafty.

Again, this is a really great team that I'm sure will receive much praise (and with good reason too). Thanks for the enjoyable read and useful insight!

I remember facing this team. Great team guys. I LOVE how there are more top teams using haxorus. He's my favorite pokemon in gen 5 right now.

Have you tried the subcharge set on magnezone?

I also have to agree with Jabba on latios. I, personally, like LO on him for a team like this.

IDK what else. Maybe shiny haxorus? lol

Not much to add with my limited competitive insight.
Agreeing with everyone, this team and the way you two presented it are phenomenal, but will hate it ruining my procrastinating the daily grind on PO when everyone sick of weather picks this bad boy up.

I am slightly curious to know how it performs against itself (or how you would handle the mirror match now that the teams been posted and will undoubtedly see increased use), since your opponents inability to switch into threats now becomes your own.

I see MS Dragonite at +1 being a bit of a problem. You'll either have to sack Mamoswine and get an Ice Shard in then go to ScarfChomp or get ScarfChomp to Outrage and then risk an Ice Shard and hope it KO'es. FOr this reason I would recommend running Dual Chop on ScarfChomp over Dragon Claw. Same BP but with some added benefits that you don't get with Dragon Claw.

Other then that good job and glad to see someone else who runs Mamoswine!

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
This team looks very annoying to face lol, good job PK and Jabba. The pokemon's sets are the the only thing worth changing and even then it would only be one or two moves.

Dual Chop would be nice on Garchomp over Dragon Claw for breaking subs and still causing damage, unless you're paranoid about the 90% accuracy. Latios was mentioned as a threat but it has problems switching into most of your team, Bronzong seems like another annoyance but running HP Fire/Trick over Thunderbolt on your own Latios (I prefer Specs Latios for this team) makes it much easier to deal with. Shed Shell steels was mentioned by PK but without Lefties taking repeated Dragon attacks becomes harder to do so thats fine, Shed Shell Ferrothorn might be more annoying because of Leech Seed so HP Fire Latios might be preferred. Both your Politoed sets are slightly different, in the 4th slot I think I'd put Hydro Pump just in case you need that higher powered shot and it's not like having it there over something like Perish Song is harmful.

I've been seeing more Choice Band Haxorus on the ladder lately and after playing it enough I don't think it really needs Mold Breaker. Changing the ability to Rivalry gives you a power boost against most of the metagame since most people don't bother changing the genders on their pokemon and always female mons like Blissey or Latias aren't switching into a Haxorus anyway. Mold Breaker's only advantage is hitting Levitate mons (mainly Bronzong) with Earthquake but overpowering it with Dragon moves is what seems to be the solution most of the time. I'm not really sure about Hax's ev spread but I'm sure there is some reasoning behind it, good stuff here guys.

(Unless said steel type is running Shed Shell like a little bitch)
I lol'd so much.

Anyways give Mamoswine Thick Fat just to make it tank those Fire moves even more. Thick Fat + Rain will make you take next to no damage.

On Latios although Draco Meteor kills shit Dragon Pulse lets you attack twice without gimping yourself. I mean it is really personal preference but as I have said before use Draco Meteor if you aren't a pussy and use Dragon Pulse if you are.

Also one more thing if you are skee of Jellicent then maybe giving up the boosted Surf for Energy Ball on Latios might be a decent idea and also since you are running rain I think you can go Thunder over Thunderbolt without a problem.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hello pk & jabba,

i want to congratulate this team because this is one of the best "ladder" teams to use and gain some reqs. having used it so many times this round, i have a couple of suggestions you might want to try. first one being replacing choice specs over lo on latios and going for hp fire over thunderbolt. 4 atks + lo is p. useful both early game and lategame. it can lure in ferrothorn and deliver the strong damage with hp fire. among other things, you can hurt things like scizor or at least scare them away because a lot tend to superpower on a choiced locked latios.

hydro pump and hypnosis are key for politoad. the former giving politoad higher damage output, which helped me so many times against stuff like 2hkoing incoming rankurussu clean and ohko'ing thundurus and tornadeous after one lo damage. hypnosis is a nice move to use over hp grass to catch latios off guard. latios is a difficult pokemon to face because nothing can really take a specs draco meteor. you're in good shape if your opponent has lo but that's not the case. just be careful with latios and i'd recommend hypnosis to actually tame it a little bit.

as for other options, i use simple 252/252 on every pokemon. haxorus doesn't need the hp because the speed allows him to outpace modest hydreigon. additionally, this allows you to speed tie with other adamant haxorus. for a team like this, I find speed to be useful. magnezone might want 252 speed as well for those rare max speed scizors. the speed is essentially a necessity for such a fast paced team like this. i love this team, so i decided to rate it. overall gl! luvdisc

also youre royally fucked by skarmbliss with shed shell. 252/252 impish and calm blissey. gg

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Having seen so many copies of this team on the ladder I decided to have a go with this myself (guessing I produced a team very similar to version 3.) I especially enjoyed trolling the PO community with it, easily hitting no 15 on their ladder without even realising.

I can confirm that hp fire is an excellent choice for latios; an alternative for luring out ferro and scizor is great, and psyshock doesnt even get past blissey. Choice specs I found to be less effective than lo; a combination of this and the spa drops made me switch too much. Also I have been using SR over SE on Mamo. I don't use it much but sometimes team preview shows that it is a good idea; it saved me from a couple of shedinja! Also is there any particular reason for jolly? I prefer adamant for that extra power on ice shard.

Nice team guys. Can't wait to try out V4.

"Stone Edge is the worst move in the entire game."

You can replace Stone Edge from Garchomp for Aqua Tail. With the Rain up, Aqua Tail's power will be boosted. It will help you deal with Gliscors and other bulky Pokemon weak to water better.

What I don't like is the combination of HP Fire Magnezone and Drizzle. You could try Charge Beam instead of HP Fire. HP Fire will still beat Ferrothorns under Rain though if you're not Leeched.

I'll add more comments later.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As Eternal said, with Rain helping out, a SubCharge set with Thunder and Flash Cannon effectively guyarantees 2 KOes as it sets up on Ferrothorn. If you can sacrifice the hazards it may set its definately something to consider. The rain abusing set I mentioned runs a set that makes it extremely bulky, quick and powerful but I cant remember it off the top of my head so I'll edit it in in a few hours.

Man, this is an incredible team, definitely one of the better (or even best) ones out there. A weakness that came to mind is Life Orb Weavile, as it outspeeds everything bar Garchomp, and should be able to OHKO everything except for Magenezone. (Magnezone takes 80-96% from Low Kick.) Ice Shard OHKOs Garchomp taking Stealth Rock into account. The only pokemon that can stand up to it is Politoed, which means that if Politoed is at low health, or out of the game, Weavile will make mince meat out of everything. A choiced Weavile isn't as much of a threat, but still hurts. While I'm not sure how either of these would fit on your team, Metagross and Scizor both KO Weaville with Bullet Punch, as well as not taking much damage from it's attacks. All in all, this is a solid team, and I hope to see to encounter it once I get around to making a 5th gen team!

dunno if you've tried this but maybe scarf abomasnow over scarf politoed

this lets you not weaken hp fire on magnezone, lets you keep your water resistance on the dragons (no rain), which helps you against rotom-w, and allows mamoswine to go blizzard style to 2hko skarm, if you so choose. plus, blizzard spamming is really fun when steels are gone. +extra damage from hail helps you more than opposing teams I'd imagine

the downside is you lose the strength of rain boosted hydro pumps and can only dish out blizzards instead with obama.

idk, try it out. probably not worth the loss in strength but worth a shot.

this is a really sweet team, btw!

This is my favorite team of all time. Favorite RMT too (Jabba's 6 dragon intro was great.) if i knew how to give it some luvdisc, i would. But i dont. Cheers! :D

Ugh... couldn't you guys have waited til round 4 is over? Now imma have to face this team over and over again on the ladder. :<

Ah well, time to counter-team! Shed Shell Skarm and other steels really gives this team trouble.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I used this team to get to reqs and I have to say it is godly thanks PK/Jabba for creating it.

This team is obviously very strong, but it really has a terrible latios problem, while it can be dealt with through revenging I did change one thing on this team to try and help with it.

Some of my minor changes were just abilities or items,etc.

I made mamoswine adamant, jolly isnt really helping with much and the extra boost makes a HUGE difference. Adamant mamoswine crushes dreams too you should try it.

Next I used LO Latios over specs, which isn't a big change, but I found it a lot more effective than specs for this team.

I also used aqua tail over stone edge on chomp mostly because it still OHKOs bs mothra who is fucking annoying to face.

My final suggestion, or change I made, will seem strong but trust me it has saved me many times. I ran Hypnosis on politoed of perish song. One Pokemon that is annoying to switch into for this team is Latios as I mentioned above and hypnosis grabs it by surprise and really gets rid of your Latios / Haxorus / any annoying dragons trying to switch in on Politoed problems. I say that because ice beam failed me many times and I had to let something die to revenge those annoying dragons. Hypnosis helped put those annoying dragons on hold for a awhile, but it wasn't exceptionally reliable. Just some food for thought.

Obviously my favorite team of the round very easy and fun to play with. Great job luvdisc.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thanks for the feedback, we truly appreciate it. I'm going to respond to a few posts because i'm too lazy to cover all of them.

Here's a few concerns that I have with the team:

No Pokemon on this team seems to enjoy status to any degree. Paralysis can outright ruin any single one of these members while half of the team takes a harsh blow from burn. Toxic doesn't do any favors to any of your team members; toxic Spikes in particular take on four members of your team. The main point I'm trying to show is that your team doesn't have a sure-fire status absorber. I don't know if you'd want to attempt alleviating it with Gliscor or Reuniclus or what. But it's something I'd at least consider addressing. Also, it'd be nice to know how you handle SS Cloyster and DD Scrafty.
I don't really concern myself with status absorbers. I don't mind taking a stray from Rotom-W with Latios and since this team hits fast and hard I don't mind taking a toxic either. This team is actually semi weak to Shell Smash Cloyster
especially if it sets up on garchomp. I try not to let it setup, otherwise I use Politoed to smash it with Hydro Pump (which typically kills it) and Cloyster can't OHKO Politoed. DD scrafty isn't that big of a deal. It can't really set up on anything because everything on this team 1-2HKOes it. I don't mind sacrificing a Pokemon to determine its set / hitting it into Garchomp KO range.

Sub Charge Magnezone said:
Have you tried using me?
No and I don't think its a good idea because Ferrothorn gets too set up entry hazards for free. That extra kill is very nice though, i'll admit that.

This team looks very annoying to face lol, good job PK and Jabba. The pokemon's sets are the the only thing worth changing and even then it would only be one or two moves.

Dual Chop would be nice on Garchomp over Dragon Claw for breaking subs and still causing damage, unless you're paranoid about the 90% accuracy. Latios was mentioned as a threat but it has problems switching into most of your team, Bronzong seems like another annoyance but running HP Fire/Trick over Thunderbolt on your own Latios (I prefer Specs Latios for this team) makes it much easier to deal with. Shed Shell steels was mentioned by PK but without Lefties taking repeated Dragon attacks becomes harder to do so thats fine, Shed Shell Ferrothorn might be more annoying because of Leech Seed so HP Fire Latios might be preferred. Both your Politoed sets are slightly different, in the 4th slot I think I'd put Hydro Pump just in case you need that higher powered shot and it's not like having it there over something like Perish Song is harmful.

I've been seeing more Choice Band Haxorus on the ladder lately and after playing it enough I don't think it really needs Mold Breaker. Changing the ability to Rivalry gives you a power boost against most of the metagame since most people don't bother changing the genders on their pokemon and always female mons like Blissey or Latias aren't switching into a Haxorus anyway. Mold Breaker's only advantage is hitting Levitate mons (mainly Bronzong) with Earthquake but overpowering it with Dragon moves is what seems to be the solution most of the time. I'm not really sure about Hax's ev spread but I'm sure there is some reasoning behind it, good stuff here guys.
Thanks for the rate dude. Yeah i'll definitely consider Dual Chop on chomp although i'm not ditching Mold Breaker on Haxorus. I HATE using Rilvary nowadays especially now that more and more players are using female pokemon, and I love the ability to smash Bronzong / Rotom-W / etc.

hello pk & jabba,

i want to congratulate this team because this is one of the best "ladder" teams to use and gain some reqs. having used it so many times this round, i have a couple of suggestions you might want to try. first one being replacing choice specs over lo on latios and going for hp fire over thunderbolt. 4 atks + lo is p. useful both early game and lategame. it can lure in ferrothorn and deliver the strong damage with hp fire. among other things, you can hurt things like scizor or at least scare them away because a lot tend to superpower on a choiced locked latios.

hydro pump and hypnosis are key for politoad. the former giving politoad higher damage output, which helped me so many times against stuff like 2hkoing incoming rankurussu clean and ohko'ing thundurus and tornadeous after one lo damage. hypnosis is a nice move to use over hp grass to catch latios off guard. latios is a difficult pokemon to face because nothing can really take a specs draco meteor. you're in good shape if your opponent has lo but that's not the case. just be careful with latios and i'd recommend hypnosis to actually tame it a little bit.

as for other options, i use simple 252/252 on every pokemon. haxorus doesn't need the hp because the speed allows him to outpace modest hydreigon. additionally, this allows you to speed tie with other adamant haxorus. for a team like this, I find speed to be useful. magnezone might want 252 speed as well for those rare max speed scizors. the speed is essentially a necessity for such a fast paced team like this. i love this team, so i decided to rate it. overall gl! luvdisc

also youre royally fucked by skarmbliss with shed shell. 252/252 impish and calm blissey. gg
Thanks for the rate Franky. I already use LO Latios + 4 attacks and Hydro Pump / Hypnosis so I guess this rate is directed at Jabba. As for the speed EVs thats probably a good idea that extra bulk really isn't too useful in the long run. FUCK shedshell SkarmBliss.

"Stone Edge is the worst move in the entire game."

You can replace Stone Edge from Garchomp for Aqua Tail. With the Rain up, Aqua Tail's power will be boosted. It will help you deal with Gliscors and other bulky Pokemon weak to water better.
I need the OHKO on Thundurus and Volcorona though (especially if the latter is in the sn). Even though Stone Edge sucks a metric tone of a cock, its sometimes required. I'll test out Aqua Tail though. Thanks for the rate dude.

dunno if you've tried this but maybe scarf abomasnow over scarf politoed

this lets you not weaken hp fire on magnezone, lets you keep your water resistance on the dragons (no rain), which helps you against rotom-w, and allows mamoswine to go blizzard style to 2hko skarm, if you so choose. plus, blizzard spamming is really fun when steels are gone. +extra damage from hail helps you more than opposing teams I'd imagine

the downside is you lose the strength of rain boosted hydro pumps and can only dish out blizzards instead with obama.

idk, try it out. probably not worth the loss in strength but worth a shot.

this is a really sweet team, btw!
I actually really like this recommendation. Blizzard easily 2HKOes Skarm without SpA investment and Naive nature. I also can a stronger Lati@s check too. My only issue with Aboma is that he has a lame SR weakness, but he's definitely something I want to test out in the future, thanks!

yo PKg and Jabba,

One of the best ladder teams I've used, it made me actually start to like BW OU a bit more xD. All I can suggest is using the Hypnosis politoed with hydro, surf, and ice beam imo, but surf can be changed for HP Grass for gastro and quag imo. Latios use Psyshock kicks Blissey's ass on the switch over Tbolt. Tbh this team isn't weak to jack shit imo, using it consistently I can say that Shed Shell Skamory, Bronzong(HELLO RIVALRY lol), Reuniclus, Latios, Terrakion, Excadrill, and Jellicent are the only annoyances I can remember atm. Maybe Tbolt over Psyshock is a good idea then lol, but hitting Blissey, Virizion, and Terrakion is priceless without having to resort to Draco Meteor imo. Nonetheless, this team is raw and beastn. franky introduced it to me, and I don't regret using it on ladder one bit, got reqs xD. Thanks PKg and Jabba for the awesome team, hope to see more teams like this!

Good luck BR0S!!!

EDIT: GGgg

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Like ENZ0 said, all I can really reccomend is Hypnosis on Politoed. Great team man. I would luvdisc if this would let me lol.

***** STARS BR0

Hey PK and Jabba,

Cool team, dragmag is always badass. Late to the party, but I just had a couple of suggestions. I've played this team a lot on the ladder with one of my rain teams and it seems to have trouble with a NattBroRachi core. Bro hard walls both Chomp and Mamo, and can also scout w/e Hax wants to do, regening out to Natt on the Outrage. Once Zone gets seeded on the switch, Natt wins + layers if it has protect. That duo alone is really tough to break through for this team. It forces you to play honest most of the time and the only opportunity you get to trap Natt is by sacing something and getting Mag in free. You can't even double out by threatening Draco on Bro because Rachi can come in, outspeeding Mag, and possibly paralyzing it so it can no longer sub up against Natt. I wouldn't say that core is standard or anything so it's understandable that you still easily beat 95% of the metagame, but at the same time, I think you could use a better way to deal with Slowbro. I'll recommend Weavile over Mamoswine because he can fill a similar role, while also nailing Slowbro for x2 with STAB Night Slash. He also comes with the added bonus of pursuit trapping Latios, rather than just scaring it out with Ice Shard.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly l Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Low Kick

Another thing that might help would be putting Toxic on Garchomp for catching Slowbro on the switch. That way it can't just plant its fat ass down and stall your outrages (chomp's) all day. I would replace stone miss with it because you can just outrage moth and shard/pump/outrage thundurus. Aqua Tail is cool too though, but opens you up more to Bro.

Scarfed HP Grass on Toed doesn't seem very useful. Probly switch it out for Hypnosis or Surf.

LO Latios is better, even with Mag it's good to have that Hp fire safety net. That is all gl with the team!

This is definitely a great team. But one thing, in your importable you have Haxorus with Dragon Claw in his moveset instead of Dual Chop.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Love the strategy <3
One thing, though. I remember reading a calculation somewhere that Icicle Spear averages more damage than Icicle Crash (accounting accuracy and chances of getting 2-5 hits), but has the extra benefit of breaking sashes and Subs. If this is the case, then Icicle Spear would be the superior option.

A very well built team, I love how it utilizes Mamoswine, as once Skarmory and Bronzong as gone it can be even more dangerous than many of those Dragon types. A few suggestions is a Jolly nature on Haxorus, so it can at least speed tie with other Haxorus and outspeed the neutral base 100-110s, as it already OHKOes so many pokemon anyway. Flash cannon is generally not a very good move on Magnezone since it doesnt have very good coverage, and I think magnet rise would probably be better on most occasions. I know PK Gaming hates Stone miss, but I think Focus Blast would be better on Politoad since you can hit Ferrothron, Kyurem much harder.

:heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)