1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Eonic Espionage Lati themed team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by malomyotismon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. malomyotismon

malomyotismon

Welcome to Eonic espionage a team staring the lati in the theme of James bond. it's been over 2 weeks sinc ei made my last team and since I am busy with exams help would be rather wonderful.

Lets start with how the team began.

[​IMG]
    Latios was the first on my list and I wanted power from it, but I didn't want to be choice locked so life orb was natural choice for this, the advantage over expert belt is simple, I want to cause pain to anything that wants to switch in that may not take super effective damage from latios.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Time for latias and for latias I wanted a similar vain to latioses set but with roost for recovery to act as a powerful offensive pivot.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I wanted a support/offensive pokemon to aid the lati and cobolion came to mind with near perfect type syneragy with lati able to take the hits on the physical side, while koing dragons locked into outrage and other threats to the lati.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Jirachi time, the lati can't stop dragons after they DD or chocied scarf dragons so here coem jirachi to check them and other threats, trick is cripple walls such as blissey and deoyxs.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I wnated a solid check to volcanora and gyarados is that mon, a water type is also nice for the team and i wnated a dragon dancer that was not a dragon as a boosting sweeper, so the underused gyarados was a natural choice

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I wanted a fire type to maul and i felt heatran leaves me open to terrakion, infernape is a supprise entry here and is used as check for a wide varity of steels and other mons such as terrakion.

I[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] the team was just not working so i made it the same as the old prototype as it seemed to work better

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] rotom-w was suggested by ganj4if as a good way to beat this teams issue with rain teams and especially tornadous

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Bronzog was added as a better hard counter for landerous and dragons.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Bronzog was being a ueless husk and needed replaced and jirachi is back for the moment.

James Bond
    [​IMG]
    Latios@life orb
    timid
    252special attack 252speed 6hp
    -draco meteor
    -hp fire
    -surf
    -psyshock

This thing i here to hit like a truck, with life orb latios gains both power all the time with all it's moves and versatility. Latios is here to drill holes as the first pair of the eons and I don't expect it to last very lost despite it's reasonible bulk, it's here to pave the way for latias or vice versa as the counters to each are worn down or removed, leaving the lati free to sweep.

M
    [​IMG]
    Latias@life orb
    timid
    6hp attack 252speed 252special attack
    -draco meteor
    -hp fire
    -roost
    -psyshock

Latias finnishes the eon pair with an Sub calm mind set to replace jirachi.

Q
    [​IMG]
    Cobolion@ expert belt
    niave
    28 attack 228special attack 252 speed
    -close combat
    -Hp Ice
    -taunt
    -psychic

My lati supporter per excellence, his typing matches every single weakness of the lati, ice, bug, dragon, ghost, dark he ressists them all and as an added bonus the lati ressit or immune to his -fighting, ground and fire. he can take out those mean old dragons and pink blocks and other weakened stuff for the lati, set up Sr for the team and spread paralysis, so the lati can pick off threats he might not be able to.

miss money penny
    [​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - U-Turn
    - Wish

bronzog was not working so i decided to reeplace it with a more supportive jirachi as the rest of the team find it easy enough to take mons out it paralyises and wish support is welcomed, u turn is for momentum and iron head is for hax.

Kincade
    [​IMG]
    Rotom-w@leaftovers
    calm
    248hp 28special attack 220special defence
    -hydro pump
    -volt switch
    -thunder wave
    -pain split

keldeo was dropped for rotom-w in order to better cope with rain teams and namely tornadous (suggested by ganj4if)

Mallory
    [​IMG]
    Terrkion@choice scarf
    jolly
    252attack 6hp 252speed
    -stone edge
    -earthquake
    -close combat
    -rock slide

Was infernape but his power and frailty were really showing for mono and I am comfortable the team can handle steels reasonibly well, here comes terrkion to keep thing's in chekc with his power speed and excellent move pool which only really needs to be a rock and a fighting move, to be effective.
  2. malomyotismon

malomyotismon

Reserved for threat list

[/B] [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [​IMG] Abomasnow:
    • Mixed Attacker -
    • Choice Scarf -

take care of by a hp fire from the lati or defeated easily by rachi infernape and cobolion

[​IMG] Alakazam:
    • Focus Sash -
    • Offensive Calm Mind -
    [​IMG] Azelf:
    • Lead -
    • Dual Screens -
    • Nasty Plot -
    • Choice Band -

defeated by jirachi

[​IMG] Azumarill:
    • Choice Band -

sitch accordingly to takes moves and proceeeed to weak and ko.

[​IMG] Breloom:
    • Physical Attacker -
    • Choice Band / Choice Scarf -
    • Bulk Up -
    • Sub Punch -

One of the lati can take it out.

[​IMG] Celebi:
    • Tinkerbell -
    • Nasty Plot Sweeper -
    • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -

destroyed by infernape, crippled by jirachi, the lati can hurt it when switch in and wear it down.

[​IMG] Cloyster:
    • Shell Smash -

Find it hard to set up, primary moves walled by cobolion, infernape can revenge

[​IMG] Conkeldurr:
    • Bulk Up -
    • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks -
    Lati can threated with stab psychic moves.

[​IMG] Darmanitan:
    • Choice Scarf / Band -
    • Life Orb -

unless scarfed, most pokemon can ko, gyarados can wall choice sets infernape can revenge

[​IMG] Deoxys-D:
    • Fast Spiker -

Jirachi can trick it revending it useless for a while - an issue
    [​IMG] Dragonite:
    • Dragon Dance -
    • Choice Band -
    • Mixed -
    • Parashuffler -
    • Rain Abuse -
    [​IMG] Dugtrio:
    • Focus Sash -
    • Choice Band -
    [​IMG] Empoleon:
    • Agility -
    • Choice Specs -
    [​IMG] Espeon:
    • Baton Pass -
    • Dual Screens -
    [​IMG] Garchomp:
    • Swords Dance -
    • Choice Band
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG] Genesect:
    • Choice Scarf / Band -
    • Rock Polish -
    • Expert Belt -
    [​IMG] Gengar:
    • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split -
    [​IMG] Gorebyss:
    • SmashPass -
    • Shell Smash Sweeper -
    [​IMG] Gothitelle:
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    [​IMG] Gyarados:
    • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance -
    • Choice Band
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG] Haxorus:
    • Choice Scarf / Choice Band -
    • Dragon Dance -
    • Swords Dance -
    [​IMG] Heatran:
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    • Air Balloon -
    [​IMG] Hydreigon:
    • Mixed Attacker -
    • Choice Specs / Scarf -
    • Substitute -
    • Expert Belt -
    [​IMG] Infernape:
    • Choice Band / Choice Scarf -
    • Mixed Attacker -
    • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance booster -
    [​IMG] Jirachi:
    • Substitute + Calm Mind / Substitute + 3 Attacks -
    • Wish + Calm Mind -
    • Expert Belt -
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG] Keldeo:
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG] Kingdra:
    • Choice Specs -
    • Rain Dance -
    • Dragon Dance -
    [​IMG] Kyurem:
    • Choice -
    • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
    • Substitute + Roost -
    [​IMG] Kyurem-B:
    • Substitute
    • Substitute + Dragon Tail
    • Choice Band
    • Mixed
    • Choice Scarf
    [​IMG] Landorus:
    • Rock Polish / Swords Dance -
    • Special Attacker-
    • Choice Scarf -
    • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
    [​IMG] Landorus-T:
    • Stealth Rock -
    • Swords Dance / Rock Polish -
    • Substitute + 3 Attacks
    • Gravity -
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG] Latias:
    • Life Orb -
    • Choice Specs / Scarf -
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG] Latios:
    • Life Orb / Expert Belt -
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG] Lucario:
    • Swords Dance -
    [​IMG] Magnezone:
    • Substitute -
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    [​IMG] Mamoswine:
    • Physical Attacker -
    • Focus Sash + Endeavor -
    [​IMG] Meloetta:
    • Relic Song Mixed Attacker -
    • Calm Mind + 3 Attacks / Substitute -
    [​IMG] Metagross:
    • Stealth Rock -
    • Choice Scarf / Band -
    • Agility -
    [​IMG] Mew:
    • Stealth Rock
    • Baton Pass
    • Nasty Plot
    [​IMG] Mienshao:
    • All-Out Attacker -
    • Choice Scarf / Band -
    [​IMG] Ninetales:
    • Special Attacker -
    [​IMG] Politoed:
    • Choice Specs / Scarf -
    • 3 Attacks -
    [​IMG] Reuniclus:
    • Offensive Trick Room-
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG] Rotom-C:
    • Support -
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    [​IMG] Rotom-W:
    • Support -
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    [​IMG] Salamence:
    • Dragon Dance -
    • Mixed -
    • Choice Scarf / Band -
    [​IMG] Scizor:
    • Choice Band -
    • Swords Dance -
    • Bulky Swords Dance -
    [​IMG] Scrafty:
    • Dragon Dance -
    • Bulk Up -
    [​IMG] Sharpedo:
    • Speed Boost -
    [​IMG] Smeargle:
    • Hazard Lead -
    • Baton Pass -
    [​IMG] Starmie:
    • Life Orb -
    • Choice Specs -
    [​IMG] Stoutland:
    • Choice Band -
    • Non Choice -
    [​IMG] Terrakion:
    • Substitute + Swords Dance / Salac Berry -
    • Choice Band / Choice Scarf-
    • Double Dance -
    [​IMG] Thundurus-T:
    • Nasty Plot -
    • Agility -
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG] Tornadus:
    • Tailwind
    [​IMG] Tornadus-T:
    • Standard -
    • Choice Specs -
    [​IMG] Toxicroak:
    • Swords Dance -
    • Bulk Up -
    • SubPunch -
    [​IMG] Tyranitar:
    • Choice Band -
    • Choice Scarf -
    • MixTar -
    [​IMG] Venusaur:
    • Growth -
    [​IMG] Victini:
    • Choice Band / Scarf -
    • Special Attacker -
    [​IMG] Virizion:
    • Calm Mind -
    • Swords Dance -
    [​IMG] Volcarona:
    • Offensive Quiver Dance -
    • Bulky Quiver Dance / Roost -
    • Chesto Rest -
    • Substitute -

Standard OU Defensive Threats

[​IMG] Amoonguss:
    • Standard -
    [​IMG] Blissey:
    • Support -
    [​IMG] Bronzong:
    • Tank -
    [​IMG] Celebi:
    • Physically Defensive -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Chansey:
    • Support -
    [​IMG] Cloyster:
    • Utility -
    [​IMG] Cresselia:
    • Support -
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG] Empoleon:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Espeon:
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG] Ferrothorn:
    • Standard -
    [​IMG] Forretress:
    • Physically Defensive -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Gastrodon:
    • Tank -
    [​IMG] Gliscor:
    • Substitute + Protect -
    • Britscor Stallbreaker -
    • Swords Dance
    [​IMG] Gyarados:
    • Bulky Support -
    • Resttalk -
    [​IMG] Heatran:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Hippowdon:
    • Physical Tank -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Jellicent:
    • Utility Counter -
    [​IMG] Jirachi:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Latias:
    • Support -
    • Reflect / Refresh + Calm Mind
    [​IMG] Mew:
    • Stallbreaker -
    [​IMG] Ninetales:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Politoed:
    • Defensive -
    [​IMG] Porygon2:
    • Defensive -
    [​IMG] Quagsire:
    • Physically Defensive -
    [​IMG]-Rotom-H:
    • Support -
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG] Rotom-W:
    • Support -
    [​IMG] Sableye:
    • Prankster -
    [​IMG] Skarmory:
    • Physically Defensive -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Slowbro:
    • Tank -
    [​IMG] Starmie:
    • Rapid Spin -
    [​IMG] Tangrowth:
    • Defensive -
    [​IMG] Tentacruel:
    • Substitute + Toxic -
    • Protect -
    [​IMG] Tyranitar:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG] Vaporeon:
    • Rest Hydration -
    • Wish Support -
    [​IMG] Venusaur:
    • SubSeed -
    [​IMG] Wobbuffet:
    • Max Speed -
    • Bulky -
    [​IMG] Xatu:
    • Standard -
  3. Electrolyte

Electrolyte For every king that died, oh, they would crown another
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

so I'm not the only one that uses Cobal in OU

Awesome team! I've always loved Cobalati@s, seriously it's an outstanding core that can tank and kill many threats of this meta. It's cool that you're using dual Lati as well, since that's not such an easy strategy since both are walled by similar pokemon. Since I'm short of time, I'd suggest you use Taunt over Thunder Wave on Cobalion, as this lets you defeat every Deo-D lead you see by outspeeding it and preventing setup. It prevents Dragons from reaching the power they need in order to muscle past your wall.

Cool team!
  4. malomyotismon

malomyotismon

yes I think I will use taunt over thunder wave, i got rachi should something like gyarados try to set up on my mons, namely cobolion who only has cc and hp ice for covrage.
  5. ganj4lF

ganj4lF Nobody is safe from the power of science!
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Alright, got your request. Team is nice, I like the use of both the Latis to break / weaken each others' counters and sweep.

Tornadus-T, however, seems a huge pain for your team to face. LO Hurricane OHKOs Keldeo and Cobalion effortlessly, Latios like 40% of the times after SR, severely weakens Terrakion and Latias (65% damage for Latias and over 70% for Terrakion) and deals 35% average on your Jirachi, U-Turn dealing another 20%. So, if i manages to get some free switch in (not that hard, since a standard Rain team has plenty of ways to force out things like Cobalion, Jirachi and Terrakion), you can be quite in a bad position since the only thing that keeps you from being clean swept is Terrakion (which relies on absence of Dugtrio and Stone Miss accuracy...). My suggestion is to replace Keldeo with SpD Rotom-W to fix that. You already have two awesome mixed attackers in the form of the Lati twins, and another one seems redundant (if you really miss the set up capabilities of Keldeo, you can try something like LO CM Latios, which packs incredible power after a turn of set-up, and doesn't rely on weather to be destructive), while you could greatly use a specially defensive pivot to complement the physical bulk Cobalion provides. Rotom-W can also dispense burns, which are quite effective for your team since both of the Lati twins get awesome SpD but kinda lackluster Def, so a couple of burns can mean an easier life for your sweeping duo. Rotom-W also continues to provide a strong check to many Rain threats, is neutral to Electric, which may help against Thunder spammers, and can take Water boosted attacks way better than Keldeo. It even has semi-reliable recovery to stay around longer and ensure those Regenerating Tornaduses won't outlast him.

Rotom-W (open)
    [​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers | Levitate
    Calm | 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

I don't like your Jirachi set that much, too, but I guess this is mostly subjective. Your set seems to perform better when luring in walls that expect a Scarf set; however, with that fast paced metagame, walls are not as problematic as they used to be, and most of them can even deal with your set anyway (SpD Hippowdon, for example, doesn't care about those attacks and will EQ back, Ferrothorn in rain will even take advantage of your set (it can't even 3HKO most of the times), throwing hazards around, Leech Seeding and maybe paralyzing the obvious Terrakion / Cobalion switch). Most offensive teams can just hit it hard with resisted attacks, and wear down via hazards / VoltTurn, and the fact it doesn't pack much power even after the Expert Belt boost and the complete lack of recovery will probably prevent it from doing anything meaningful. You could try an offensive CM Jirachi if you want to keep the creative factor, but again, I can't say if it will be successful or not. I'm limiting myself to report here the set and suggest a deeper consideration of that team slot.

Jirachi (open)
    [​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
    Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock / Psychic
    - Thunderbolt / Grass Knot
    - HP Fire

Hope my rate helped. Good luck.
  6. malomyotismon

malomyotismon

Your rated helped very much this was the issue of the origonal team and I was illy enough to forget about rotom-w and don't mind jirachi having to take over keldeo's role as a calm minder, it only makes sence and I need a good bulky steel with her ressistances to function in aushc a similar role. So many thanks again for the rate I am confident the team is ready.
  7. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude otters are cute imo
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Hey malomyotismon i got your request!

This team seems pretty cool. Using both Latias and Latios on the same team seems pretty creative and the use of Cobalion is also a nice suprise. However this team does seem to have trouble with a few pokemon. Volcarona stands out as a big offensive threat, although you have Terrakion who can revenge kill it every other pokemon on your team is outsped by +1 offensive Volcarona and is hit super effetcively by Fire Blast / Bug Buzz / Giga Drain. Also if Terrakion has just revenge killed something with Close Combat Volcarona can come in and easily get a Quiver Dance up on Terrakion and with Terrakion switched out nothing is stopping Volcarona from getting up two Quiver Dances. Cobalion will then be outspeed and Volcarona resists all his moves but Volt Switch which won't be doing much after 2 Quiver Dances, Volcarona can also get up a second Quiver Dance on Rotom-W making his Hydro Pump easier to take while Volcarona can just heal up by using Giga Drain, Latios and Latias are in the same boat as Rotom-W in that after a Quiver Dance Volcarona outspeeds and can set up another one to take less damage from their attacks, or if Terrakion is gone just outright sweep your team. Rock Polish Landorus also looks like quite a threat while it might not be able to muscle past Latias or Rotom-W when they are healthy Rock Polish Landorus is found on a lot of hyper offense teams and sand offense teams which can wear down Latias and Rotom-W with hazards and residual damage. Latias can also be Pursuit trapped by Tyranitar opening up a Rock Polish Landorus sweep. You mentioned Deoxys-D to be annoying because it can get up hazards easily and it is often paired with Rock Polish Landorus on hyper offense teams. After a Rock Polish, Landorus outspeeds your whole team and can hit all but Rotom-W super effectively with Earthpower / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice]. Dugtrio can trap both of your Steel-types making it a pain to handle because without your Cobalion or Jirachi your team is very weak to Dragon-types like Dragonite, Haxorus and even opposing Latios and Latias. SubDisable Gengar is another fast special attacker that your team has trouble with. It can hit your whole team super effectivly with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast while it can also speed tie with the Lati twins. If it is behind a Substitute it can also wreck Terrakion with Focus Blast or screw it up with Disable. Just like Landorus, Gengar is another pokemon commonly found on Deoxys-D hyper offense teams which makes Gengar even harder to deal with. Focus Sash Alakazam is in the same boat as Gengar pretty much being able to hit every member on your team super effectivly with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast aside from Jirachi and Rotom-W. Varaints that carry Energy Ball can also hit Rotom-W super effectivly and Alakazam can use Psychic/Psyshock to deal with Terrakion as apposed to the much more unrelaible Focus Blast. He also outspeeds your whole team barring Terrakion who he can revenge kill if his Focus Sash is still intact.

To help you against some of these problematic special attackers i suggest Bronzong>Jirachi with Levitate Bronzong is a great pokemon to have in your team and lets him wall Landorus and avoid being trapped by Dugtrio two things that Jirachi can't do and two things that are very important seeing as Rock Polish Landorus is a huge threat to your team and if Jirachi is trapped by Dugtrio your team is more prone to being swept by Dragon-types or strong special attackers like Gengar or Alakazam. With its great defences Bronzong is capable of switching into the special attackers that threaten your team and beat them. With acces to Hidden Power [Ice] Bronzong is a great answer to Dragon-types, Gliscor and more importantly Landorus. Gyro Ball combined with Bronzongs base 33 speed and respectable base 85 attack let it dish out a suprising amount of damage and helps you beat Gengar and Alakazam. The move also hits Dugtrio super effectivly letting you deal with him easier as well. With Stealth Rock on Cobalion there is a free spot on Bronzongs move set. You could opt for Psyshic to hit Gengar super effectivly which is quite nice if it Disables your Gyro Ball, while Psychic is also useful for hitting Fighting-types super effectivly which are very common in the current OU metagame. Toxic can also be used to cripple switch ins like bulky waters. Bronzongs last move is Earthquke which is a good move to use on Tyranitar who threatens your Lati twins but its main purpose is to avoid being trapped by Magnezone. 2 ivs are used in speed to give Bronzong quite a powerful Gyro Ball while also giving him the ivs necassary for Hidden Power [Ice]. You shouldn't really miss Jirachi to much with Bronzong seeing as they have similar qaulities (same typing good defences) the difference here is that Bronzong has Levitate and Gyro Ball letting it take on Landorus, Gengar and Alakazam easier while also being able to avoid Dugtrio.

Although the theme of your team is to use both Latios and Latias i think having both of them running a Life Orb set is a little redundant. Additionally if you decide to go with my Bronzong you would of lost your Jirachi meaning your team is without a set up sweeper. Thats why a Sub+CM Latias>Life Orb Latias would be a great idea. With Calm Mind boosting Latias's special defence and special attack Latias can give your team a great late game sweeper in Jirachis place. I suggested the Substitute set because with Latios already having better coverage then any other set Latias can run, Latias doesn't really need the coverage while Substitute on the other hand is a great move to block harmful status that is commonly aimed Latias's way such as a Thunder Wave or a Toxic. Substitute also protects Latias from Scald burns letting him set up on bulky waters like Jellicent, Vaporeon, Gastrodon, Politoed lacking Encore/Perish Song, etc. Max Hp and Spe are used to give Latias great bulk and the ability to get up a fast Substitute and make the most of his fantastic speed tier. The loss of Latias's Life Orb set isn't an isue with Latios preforiming an almost identical role albiet being a bit more offensive and less defensive. On the other hand your team would really appreciate the sweeping potential that Latias brings to the table.

With these changes i feel like your team is much more solid however Volcarona is still a big threat to your team. To help your team better deal with Volcarona i suggest Thunder Wave>Will-o-Wisp on Rotom-W. Thunder Wave is awesome to cripple Volcarona and reduce its speed making it impossible for Volcarona to get a sweep. Also a paralyzed Volcarona will always be outsped by Terrakion letting you revenge kill it easy. Thunder Wave also works great by slowing down other fast special attackers that gave this team trouble like Alakazam and Gengar. Thunder Wave on Rotom-W fits perfectly with my previous suggestion of Sub+CM Latias. Having a lot of experience using Latias i can say that a Thunder Wave'd opponent is very easy for Latias to set up on with the 25% chance not to move letting Latias Recover/Calm Mind/Substitute much easier. Speaking of your Rotom-W you are missing 12 evs on it which i suggest dumping into special defence. Another change to help you with Volcarona is Rock Slide>Secret Sword on Terrakion. Stone Edges 80% miss rate is often quite unreliable and for your team you really can't afford it to miss when you are in on a Volcarona. Rock Slide on the other hand while being less powerful then Stone Edge has a much higher accuracy and still hits Volcarona 4x effectivly letting you ohko it much more reliably the Stone Edge. Secret Sword is a good move, but it is not really essential on Terrakion especially seeing as Close Combat is much stronger (although Secret Sword does have the advantage of defence drop).

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
    Sassy | 252 Hp / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 Sp Def (2 Spe ivs)
    Earthqauke | Gyro Ball | Hidden Power [Ice] | Psychic / Toxic
    [​IMG]
    Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
    Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Calm Mind | Substitute | Recover | Dragon Pulse

Tl;dr
    Show Hide

Bronzong--->Jirachi

Latias
    .Sub+CM Set--->Life Orb Set

Rotom-W
    .Thunder Wave--->Will-o-Wisp

Terrakion
    .Rock Slide--->Secret Sword

~Superpowerdude
  8. malomyotismon

malomyotismon

Swapped jirachi for bronzog and gave bronzog Sr as I find it a more relible user than cobolion, allowing another pokemon to spred paralysis and cripple switch ins as I find cobolion to be walled a lot. Ye that latias set is nice, I have on the iphone version of this team but I wanted to try out 2 offensive dragons to see how much pressure they could squeaze on the enemy team so i'll try her again. When you got no other options to kill volcanora it makes perfect sense to use soemthing more realible to beat it so ill take up your suggestion on rock slide on terrkion and Thunderwave is now on rotom.

Thanks super dude.
  9. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.
    is a Pre-Contributor

With TWave already on Rotom-W, why not just use SD on Cobolian so it can actually do something (Taunt + SD is actually great vs. any stall team). I would use ChestoResto Rotom-W if only because it's better vs. stall and pain split doesn't really find as many uses (from personal expriences, yours may vary). Consider EQ over X-Scissor on Rak so you beat Toxicroak better (which kinda threatens almost everything if SD set... bar Zong ofc, but Bulk Up + DPunch would just murder you so I hope you consider taking precautions, especially since X-Scissor bataltly sucks on this team: switch to Zong for free SR on Lati twins .-.). I also would try to use Rest Zong, since it helps vs. Dragons immensely. Rest / SR / Toxic / Gyro or HP Ice is a great set since you can stall those Dragons out easily. The lack of rest on Zong worries me that your opponent can weaken it with stuff like U-turn and such.

GL
  10. malomyotismon

malomyotismon

SD on cobolion is rather unappealing, even if it is for stall teams i can taunt and be a complete bitch with latias, so ill try SE for nay volcanoras that think they can set up on it. I'll see how rotom-w fairs it's early days yet before i try chesto rest. I am going to try eq on terrakion over x scizor an dif that dose not work I will remove RS for it instead like i had planned. I will try chesto rest on bronzog as it has that added bonus of bluffing choice, but rest is extremly risky as he ends up as dead wieght after going snoozy.

edit I am just gonna give cobolion SR instead of sr to give zog more coverage.
  11. malomyotismon

malomyotismon

bump bronzog was being utterly useless so the team is back to using jirachi for the time being, however thta opens up the landerous issue.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)