I have changed my java version, but the same error

I have a tournament tomorrow, this problems need to be solved =/

Open command/terminal and enter this code:

Code:
javaws http://www.shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.php

Open command/terminal and enter this code:

Code:
javaws http://www.shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.php
I try this (and with .jnlp in the end too) and this only opens the java, download the shoddybattle but stops on "verifyng application" and show the same error in my first post in this topic.

I was looking the topic "Troubles Running Shoddy Battle? READ Before Asking" and some people have the same problem...

The message sometimes is "download stalled" or this:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://shoddybattle.com/client/ShoddyBattleClient.jar
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 44188 but got 561 bytes)
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.finish(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpDownloadHelper.download(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToTempFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToCache(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

But thank you so much for try help me, if you have any idea for my problem please post you will help me a lot.

Ok, I suggest running something called 'VMWare' It allows you to run a virtual computer, just install windows XP onto it, and install java & shoddy onto the virtual windows. If you install with the install disk that came with your computer, it should work flawlessly.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another computer is probably better, because for all we know he has some firewall which is preventing it from working.

Do you have any special software firewall or happen to be running it any sort of workplace/school? The problem is that its not downloading the ShoddyBattle file properly for some reason.

Another computer is probably better, because for all we know he has some firewall which is preventing it from working.

Do you have any special software firewall or happen to be running it any sort of workplace/school? The problem is that its not downloading the ShoddyBattle file properly for some reason.
In other computer i think that shoddy will work, but i have only one.

I try download, and... error.

I clear java cache, and i download it. But in verifying application... error.

I don't know what is the problem... only know that here appears "unable do launch application" ever.

And various boys have the same problem like:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63576
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64322
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63942
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2091902&postcount=3
and others

And i have shoddy battle in my PC few months ago, but i uninstall it, now i can't load the game.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You're not giving much information, so I"ll assume information:

If you are trying to access Shoddy in a university or school, you're probably SOL. No way around it, they often do all sorts of nasty things and firewalls.

Also, I will assume you don't have a firewall. If you do have a Firewall (ZoneAlarm for example), turn it off when running the jnlp file, its blocking it. See, the problem you're having is that the resource files aren't being downloaded because something is blocking them. It could be a virus, it could be a firewall, it could be a university, that's why you're having a problem.

Other than that, the only thing I can tell you is to uninstall (did you make sure to do this beforehand?) every single version of Java you have (go to Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel). Afterwards, install one copy of Java 6 32bit (It can't be 64bit, must be 32). Afterwards try running the jnlp, if it doesn't work, and my assumptions hold true, you're SOL unless someone thinks of a way to manually install Shoddy, unless you reinstall Windows XP or virus/spyware scan (I recommend Avast and Spybot Search and Destroy).

I turned off my firewall, my antivirus and antispyware to try install... nothing.

I'm in home, my PC have maybe 5 years.

When i can download Java 6 32bit? Tell me link if you can please and i will try.

Super

This space for rent
I don't get your problem then. Something is blocking the download somehow.

If your computer is 5 years old, its 32bit, meaning your Java is 32bit. Either way, if you remembered to uninstall Java before reinstalling, nothing much else to do I"m afraid, sorry.

Yes, sometimes i can download with java the shoddybattle (1500kb) but don't open.

Now i can't download...

Also, if i go to a lan house and download shoddybattle to my pendrive, i can load the game in my pc with the pendrive?

Super

This space for rent
No, the files are apparently added to some location. For me at least, my ShoddyBattle is at C:\Users\Carlos\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\44\5b8a586c-150dae2f

What you'll be downloading is the jnlp, which as I've seen you're getting problems with. And if you can't redownload the jnlp, your problem is that you can't download for the shoddybattle site.

Darkon -- I am 100% sure that will work. 100%. If you do a clean install after a flawless format, whatever is causing that error should be gone. If it is not, try restarting your router a few times. If you cant open .jnlp, remember to install Java.

Super

This space for rent
That should make it work unless the problem is one in the network (such as whatever router/network you're using).

I have formated my PC but the principal error on "Veryfing notifications" still remains.

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://shoddybattle.com/client/ShoddyBattleClient.jar
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(U nknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Un known Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Un known Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCache Entry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCache Entry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unkn own Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Un known Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unkn own Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (Unknown Source)
But i don't understand, i download very files of 20, 30mb and the net don't have any problem, but with shoddy i have this problem.

I think that it's happens because my internet, so i don't have much things to do.

I just reread the error, looks like it is your internet. If you have a nearby neighbor who will loan you there Wi-Fi, try it then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)