Eruption

Hey Harsha, you got a pretty solid Sun team here.

I looked at your threatlist and I think you are really downplaying the threat of the two big Ice Shard users in OU, Mamoswine and Weavile (rare). You say that you are using your Starmie to switch into Mamoswine but Starmie takes 93% minimium from Jolly Life Orb Earthquake. It is such as large amount of damage Mamoswine can follow up with Ice Shard for a gurranteed 2HKO.

As you can see, Starmie is taking a huge chunk of its health to switch into Mamoswine. Dragonite can force Mamoswine out, but the presence of Mamoswine means you can not Outrage to really put the ropes on your opponent. If your opponent has SR on the field, then you are really under a lot of pressure, as Dugtrio can not trap reliably and Dragonite can not come without taking SR damage.

To mitigate this issue, I am going to suggest Defensive Blastoise in place of Starmie. Defensive Blastoise is never 2HKO'ed from full health and it still provides the Rapid Spin utility you need. You also gives you a decent switch in to Rain boosted water attacks, his superior special bulk compared to Starmie and Rain Dish allows him to do this. I am not sure about the moves, but I will say that both Scald (definitely not Surf) and Hidden Power Fire are both viable. Foresight provides the same dissuasion for spin blocking as Starmie's offensive presence.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Scald / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Grass
- Toxic
- Foresight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)