Escavalier

It's such a shame, Escavalier has a base 125 Attack, yet has nothing to show for it, except for Megahorn.
Escavalier has 135 Attack. And they'd better make Superpower a tutor move for it in the third version; it looks like it can learn the move.

Edit @ below: never mind.

cursepert is effective on a trick room team
That's why you run...Hidden Power grass on him :naughty:

It's such a shame, Escavalier has a base 135 Attack, yet has nothing to show for it, except for Megahorn.
He should have gotten all sorts of "charge" moves like Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, and other moves like Mystery Sword, or close combat.

And I swear to god if he doesn't end up at least getting Superpower...

Actually, if trick room was in play, cursepert would lose to escavalier since it's still slower than swampert even with 1 curse. Also:

CB Max Atk Escavalier Megahorn vs Swampert: 63.12% - 74.50%

With 1 curse: 42.33% - 50.00%

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
He should have gotten all sorts of "charge" moves like Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, and other moves like Mystery Sword, or close combat.

And I swear to god if he doesn't end up at least getting Superpower...
Superpower? Escavalier would settle for Drill Run at this point. Really anything to hit those Steel-types.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
A ground move would help, but escavelier is slower that everything he wants to kill.

not in trick room :) i really like this guy. hes a really great CB "tank" nice resistances... i would run this in the rain tho.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Escavalier has the strongest megahorn in the game right? If only it got bullet punch,superpower,and or closecombat. at LEAST it gets pursuit to hit chandelure (yeah like an unstabbed 40 power move will do anything) if it didn't get pursuit it would truely be horrifying.

Escavalier is slow as tar, but it can still hit like a truck and take shit down before it too becomes feed. I've had good use of a CB Escavalier using Return, Megahorn, Iron Head, and SD. It's a standard Escavalier, but I try to use mine as a bulky sweeper. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it gets cremated with demonic fires.

It should be a good Trick Room sweeper too, since the only thing that's slower then it that are in UU are Ferroseed and Munchlax. There are a few others like Trapinch, but I've never seen one. Ferrothorn is too, but the pointy fruit-plant thing is OU. So in Trick Room, it should be able to tear through teams with a +2 CB Megahorn and Iron Head. Especially if it's in Swarm Range, that Megahorn should screw over any Psychics, and there are a whole lot of them in UU. Azelf, Uxie, Mew, Cress, to name a few.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
lol, great for bluffing purposes. come in, SD, switch out as they bring in a fire type. later kill something that wouldn't have died if you weren't CB.

just kidding it's a waste of a moveslot but still

Lol.

I use CB with Megahorn, Pursuit, Iron Head, and instead of Return, X-Scissor. What does a 102 BP Normal move have to offer?

lol, great for bluffing purposes. come in, SD, switch out as they bring in a fire type. later kill something that wouldn't have died if you weren't CB.

just kidding it's a waste of a moveslot but still
When your other options are basically pursuit, knock off, rock smash, and reversal off terrible base speed, it's not like you're losing that much (though, yeah, pretty useless).

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
hitting flying types for more than ninety base power

edit: and fires
Iron Head hits Flying & Megahorn hits Fire for exactly 90 Base due to STAB. Are 12 points really worth a moveslot? I'd slap Knock-Off on it and call it a day. Getting rid of Scizor's Choice Band & Dragonite's Lum Berry is about the best thing Escavalier can do for it's team when it can't Megahorn for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)