Espeon (Placeholder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My only comment would be it might be wise to not look down on Xatu. While it may not have Espeon's speed or power, it has Wish which can come in extremely useful (as well as Reflect / Light Screen).

Let's face it-- a former UU psychic type is not going to be dishing how huge swaths of damage in Ubers. All things equal, having useful setup moves may prove to be the more useful skill set. I think I'm just bitter that Panamaxis kicked my ass with Xatu the other day . . .

Actually at this point its unclear whether Espeon can get wish with Magic Mirror due to it being an event-only DW pokemon and therefore only male, and it cannot get egg moves because of this.

Natu hasn't even been released under dream world so moot point. If we're talking anything goes Dream World then there's no problem. If we're talking what's been released there's no Magic Mirror Xatu at the moment anyway.

Yes there is, Natu was released through the DW its available in two different DW areas. Its available after 20,000 points in the forest and as soon as you have access to Open Sky,so it is available.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually at this point its unclear whether Espeon can get wish with Magic Mirror due to it being an event-only DW pokemon and therefore only male, and it cannot get egg moves because of this.
Actually, Female Event DW pokemon are perfectly legal on wifi, which has a hack checker. Event DW pokemon with egg moves are also legal on wifi, which means it also gets through the hack checker. The hack checker apparently disallows any illegal combinations, although I'm not sure if it disallows pokemon of a certain gender. However, that wouldn't matter, because the fact that a DW Event pokemon with egg moves is allowed on Wifi means that it's not an illegal combination, at least this is a good assumption to make. There might be people who've found females but just never said anything, it's entirely possible. I got this info from this post.

From this, we can still assume that Wish is legal on Magic Mirror Espeon. It can get egg moves just like any other DW pokemon.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No love for my Offensive Baton Pass Espy? With Magic Mirror it now has even more opportunities to come in and wreak havoc at many points in the match. The set was designed for UU but I'm sure that it will be able to work in any environment.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As edited into to OP, I'd like someone else to reserve the full analysis. I just asked for the skeleton, and had too many other things to focus on, so it's best for someone else to write this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)