Espeon65's Pokemon HeartGold Randomizer Playthrough!

Espeon65's HeartGold Randomizer Playthrough!!!
**Not Nuzlocke**

So, yeah, I'm going to do a HeartGold Randomizer Playthrough! I will name all the pokemon (not many since it's not a Nuzlocke) after some people in Orange Islands. Here were my starter choices:

So, I ruled out Minun immediately for obvious reasons. I was down to Heatran and Cacnea, leaving my rival with Cacnea or Minun respectively. Here's who I chose:
You might think "Why not Heatran? It's freaking awesome!" But I didn't want to use legendaries and choosing Cacnea would leave my rival with Minun. So, I chose Yoshinite the Cacnea!

I embarked on my journey, training up as I went, getting to Cherrygrove City, then Mr. Pokemon's house yada yada yada. I kicked my rival's butt, then named him Silver.

I then caught a Mawile, who I named Celever!

DAT ATTACK STAT.

So far they've both been awesome, despite Mawile bad defensiveness and low level (so far), and the fact of wild and trainer-owned pokemon to so luckily get amazing moves! (Feraligatr=Roar of Time, Wobbufett=Draco Meteor!!!) But anyway, this is as far as I got. Here's my team:
Sorry, I stopped playing before starting this, and forgot to screenshot the team, and now I'm too lazy to go back. So, I'll just list it out here based on memory:
Yoshinite the Cacnea
Dragon
Male Lv. 14 (Lax Nature)
Twister
DragonBreath
Ice Fang
Heal Order
Ability: Early Bird

Celever the Mawile
Ice
Female Lv. 6 (Bashful Nature)
Powder Snow
DoubleSlap
---
---
Ability: Technician

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am always for newer Orange Islands users posting some good Let's Plays. (I wonder where you got the idea from...) I really do love randomizer challenges and I'll be waiting to see the updates for this one. I do have a quick question though, could you post the settings you put in place for your randomizer? I'd like to see exactly what's been done. Thanks!

Good luck on your adventure!

I am always for newer Orange Islands users posting some good Let's Plays. (I wonder where you got the idea from...) I really do love randomizer challenges and I'll be waiting to see the updates for this one. I do have a quick question though, could you post the settings you put in place for your randomizer? I'd like to see exactly what's been done. Thanks!

Good luck on your adventure!
I couldn't figure out to screenshot (other then on DeSmuME), so I can't give you a picture. But, I can tell you what my setting were:
General Options:
Update Moves
Remove Trade Evolutions

Other Options:
No Game-Breaking Moves

Pokemon Base Statistics:
Random (follow evolutions)

Starter Pokemon:
Random (completely)

Pokemon Types:
Random (follow evolutions)

Pokemon Movesets:
Random (preferring same type)

Trainers Pokemon:
Random
Rival carries starter through game
Don't use legendaries
No Early Shedinja

Wild Pokemon:
Global 1-to-1 Mapping
Don't use legendaries
Set minimum catch rate

TMs & HMs:
Random

TM/HM Compatibility:
Random (prefer same type)

Move Tutors:
Random

Move Tutor Compatibilty:
Random (prefer same type)

Hope that works for you!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Hahaha! Thanks! I'm one of my favorite pokemon, and it's an ice type, my favorite type! :D

Looks good so far, even though there are like 4 now, how do you do this? I'll probably do one on platinum since I'm trying out gen 4 again.

What emulator are you using?
DeSmuME but it should work on any well known emulator (no$gba/no$zoomer, etc.)

celever said:
Hahaha! Thanks! I'm one of my favorite pokemon, and it's an ice type, my favorite type! :D

Looks good so far, even though there are like 4 now, how do you do this? I'll probably do one on platinum since I'm trying out gen 4 again.
Just look up "universal pokemon randomizer" on google. It can randomize any game from Gen I to Gen V. Download it, and open the readme. It will tell you what to do from there!

Okay, so my emulator is glitching out. I think I will have to restart. I'm not going to keep using the same emulator (DeSmmuME), though, because i never had trouble with No$Zoomer but DeSmuME has really disappointed me. It's slow and glitchy. So my pokemon will have different natures and possibly even genders, but will have the same nicknames. I apologize for the length it will take me to finish as well. It will be 2-3 days, sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)