Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Random, I'm assuming you meant TM and not HM, according to what Sprocket said.

Espeon, take Serpent the Snivy. The only moves it can use are Normal type, Grass type, and Coil. Solo Cheren at the gym before evolving, solo a later gym leader to evolve again.

The first post on Page 251!

This is Kingtrace, looking for a Scramble for Black 2!

No trading, so all pokemon must be catchable in Black 2. Also, at least one must be an unova starter. EDIT: Just remembered, I'd prefer to not have a no evolution pokemon. There can be evolution restrictions, but they must be somehow able to evolve (unless, of course, that species can't evolve.)

I'd like the difficulty to be fairly challenging, so hard but not hair ripping out crazy. Beyond that, go wild.

Currently have: 3/6 done, 1 reserved. Gary the Growlithe, Aura the Riolu, Rarelynice the Lillipup.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Kingtrace, your hero is the mighty Blue Oak of Kanto. You want to use the same Pokemon as him. Therefore, you will take a mighty male Growlithe named Gary. Gary can only use moves that make physical contact, and must learn recoil moves when possible. If you evolve Gary into Arcanine, the only moves Gary can use are Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Take Down, Outrage and Iron Head. If Gary is holding an item, you cannot use HP-restoring items, and it cannot de-equip items outside of a Pokemon Center (berry consumption is fair game, however). Gary must solo Marlon and cannot start the battle above level 49.

Reserving an Oshawott for Kingtrace. Will be up by tomorrow.

Take endangered the Oshawott. Endangered must switch out if it is ever at red health, must solo all poison types not already taken, and must only attack when at full health. Endangered must silo a gym to above.

I have one for kingtrace.

Take Aura the Riolu. Must evolve into Lucario ASAP, but no STAB above 60 BP until after defeating Black Kyurem.

King trace, take RarelyNice the Lillipup.

Lillipup must solo Aspertia Gym.

Lillipup must never use any non-STAB moves.

Lillipup must start with a non-damaging move each time it switches in/starts a battle.

Solo Drayden as well.

Solo Marshal too. With no items (except your held item).

[/yeah, I'm rarely this nice. Normally my challenges are much more creatively evil ;) ]

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hooray, I was hoping for a Trubbish! However I'm a little confused by "RNG 3 random Level-Up moves & one HM move" and "RNG for one other Pokemon you get." What do you mean exactly?

Also, Trubbish and Garbodor can't learn HM moves, even if you include previous generation HMs. Was this intentional?
Sorry, c/p fail/did not realise. Altered.

Man I am so out of touch of late... 9.9

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving (hah, IAR) for XAkaviri >:D

Take CageMemory the Dratini.

One day, a Dratini was slithering along in the Dragon's Den. Suddenly, a bunch of asshole poachers entered the den, grabbed this Dratini, and brought it off to the Goldenrod Game Corner, where it was to be a prize to those who spent enough time flipping Voltorbs the finger. Eventually, you enter the Game Corner and see its plight. So, you spend hours earning coins off the slave master (a.k.a. Mr. Game) by playing his torturous game, eventually clinching enough coins to buy this Dratini out! But it seems the countless days it spent in a cage in the game corner have had a few effects on it...

• After all the months spent watching Voltorbs appear and prevent customers from freeing it, CageMemory has a perennial hatred for these abominations of nature. So, it must destroy every Voltorb or Electrode it comes across, no exceptions.
  • Being sold simply as an object for money has made it loathe money. It will not use any items that can be bought (even if you didn't actually buy them).
  • Mr. Game's face has left its imprint on its mind. So, it must solo all Gym Leaders with moustaches (i.e. Chuck and Blaine), as well as the Team Rocket Executive with the stupid-ass face, Petrel (on both occasions).

Good Luck; Have Fun!

I'm still looking for four more scramblemons for HG. I've already got Rattled the Cyndaquil and Kobra the Ekans (I have to poison a poison or steel type - that's going to be...tricky, to say the least). My original post is on the last page, for other stuff (no trades, only until E4, not Red).

Nik S, you get Kobra the Ekans from the Goldenrod Game Corner. In order to evolve into an Arbok, you must successfully poison a Poison or Steel-type.
Okay, apparently that's impossible - the only way to do it is to use Soak, which came out in Gen V. This is a Gen IV game. So, I'm going to have to reject Kobra the Ekans.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I'm considering being evil here.
okay, evil it is.

Nik S D, take Cross the Unown-X.

Cross must solo any one Gym Leader.

Good Luck; Don't kill Ho-oh!

I'm considering being evil here.
okay, evil it is.

Nik S D, take Cross the Unown-X.

Cross must solo any one Gym Leader.

Good Luck; Don't kill Ho-oh!
As far as I know, I can go to the Ruins of Alph before facing Falkner...so, challenge accepted!

Treadshot's Scramble Update: Impossible Challenges, Broken Rules

(aka IAR's an idiot)

"Started off this day outside Flocessy Town. Pathetic the Azurill found itself mercilessly destroying the wild pokemon. LordSnake was sent in as backup every once in a while, usually against opposing Azurills and Psyducks.

At Level 14, the two trainers before Cheren fell. More grinding later, and a Level 16 Pathetic trashed Cheren. Then it took a back seat until Castelia.

Evil the Riolu led the way to Virbank, gaining EXP at almost ridiculous rates. Still relying on Counter, though, it took many trips to the PC to heal. Until Level 15, that is, when Force Palm showed up to OHKO everything.

Finding things at Virbank complex made for more grinding, as it took ages to encounter Chrome the Magnemite. Before that, A trainer with a Woobat almost destroyed the team, being able to hit SE with Gust against both Evil and LordSnake. Barely able to survive that encounter, catching Chrome in the high yellows of health with a Great Ball was lucky, else blacking out would be almost inevitable. No Sturdy, but whatever. Electric moves and SonicBoom finally made Flying types easy pickings. A few misclicks with Tackle and Supersonic broke the rules for Chrome, but as it was only a few wilds, I let it slip, as it achieve nothing of any value.

Of course, normally I'd flip at a rule broken. But it didn't matter. The Scramble was already a failure. Evil the Riolu's conditions had already been broken before Virbank. With only Evil, Pathetic and LordSnake, and with Pathetic out until Castelia, I only had two pokemon. Evil the Riolu and LordSnake the Snivy. A double battle stood between me and Virbank. Except Evil couldn't participate in double battles, and Pathetic couldn't fight. Neither could leave the party either. So Evil was forced to participate in a double battle with LordSnake, without KO'ing his teammates. The Scramble couldn't get to Virbank, because the idiots setting challenges had made it objectively impossible to reach Virbank. Two pokemon, only one usable in a double battle, but Evil and Pathetic couldn't leave the party, so one had to fight. Evil was drafted in to make Castelia more challenging. But it didn't matter what happened from here on out. The scramble couldn't be done, everything else was null and void. I asked for difficult challenges, even as hard as Valziente, but not one that was completely impossible no matter the player's skill or perseverance.

Reaching Virbank Gym, Chrome the Magnemite proved why there's a Magnemite Tier for BW2. Chrome, for lack of a better term, trololol'd its way through Roxie's gym trainers and Roxie herself, so confident it didn't even get healed before the Roxie fight. To make it that much more trolly, it beat Roxie with 1 HP left. 1 HP. Chrome officially trolled Virbank Gym, rather hilariously if I do say so myself.

Castelia was a pleasant sight, as Pathetic could finally come back out. Seeing the clock at 5:48 played, I had 2 hours. Before 7:48, Pathetic had to be ready for Castelia Gym, but I had to be careful. Staying under Level 30 was a must. Battling a Bug gym filled with Razor Leaf was hard enough without having moves randomly selected. Thankfully, the complete genius that issued Pathetic hadn't realised that a Breeder existed above Castelia, who would battle you every time you entered the area. So all I had to do was solo her Drilbur and Marill. The first few times, Snivy smashed Marill for me. Yeah sure, it's against the rules, but with the Scramble already lying shattered on the floor before Virbank, it didn't really matter. Evolving to Marill after only a few battles, learning Aqua Tail was a bonus. Finally using Pathetic's better Attack stat instead of it's shoddy Special Attack, it was able to OHKO Drilbur easily, and the Breeder's Marill fell with enough Charm stalling. Charm made Pathetic awesome. It saved it from being hurt at Cheren's gym, reducing the damage to half or even a quarter of what it should be. Now it took Marill down, and by the end of just one hour of game time, Marill was at Level 27, ready to take on the Castelia Gym.

Smashing through cocoon after cocoon, the Gym trainers fell. Burgh, however, wouldn't fall so easily. Too many times the game was restarted thanks to Razor Leaf off Leavanny critting. Even though the first battle, Pathetic had made its way past Leavanny, it was destroyed by Dwebble. Many more attempts followed (I'm not above switching off and switching on again), and I brought in more Fresh Waters and Lemonades thanks to the money from the Breeder. Only thanks for Charm and the best move Pathetic learnt, Double-Edge did Pathetic beat through Burgh, in the one battle where Razor Leaf did not crit. Setting up an X Attack and X Defend against the first pokemon, Sewaddle also helped a lot.

Straight after the battle with Burgh, a Level 29 Marill emerged, flashed white and bright, and out popped a Level 29 Azumarill, searching for the Name Rater. Now it was just a matter of raising up whatever the Magby to let it solo two trainers per route. I'm counting Route as any place which is actually called "Route __", not just any place with a name.

Anyways, the Scramble's destroyed thanks to the genius that gave me Pathetic the Azurill without realising that it would add with Evil the Riolu to make an impossible challenge. The same genius that forgot a Breeder existed to let you train an Azurill/Marill incredibly fast. The same genius that thinks Scrambled Eggs are funny. Yeah, that idiot. ;)"

[/Rules broken, but only because some idiot made the scramble impossible]

still need 2 pokes for my white 1 scramble

pokes
1:Oshawott(Shelly) attacks limited to physical/Water Gun/Surf. solo cilan for dewott. solo clay for samurott. solo iris/2 E4 pokes/2 from N/ghestis
2:Cottenee(Fluffee) cant trade for it till i have sunstone. solo brycen to teach tms/Hurricane
3:any pokemon(currently solosis)(yaya0) can only use hidden power inside of battle
4:lillipup(BadStats) -atk nature, one physical/special/stab/status, one of the first 2 cant be stab, solo rival for herdier gym for stout. solo 3 E4 pokes, one of which is marshals
5:blitzle(dashie) solo 2 important trainers, cant use stab attacks, always hold item, everytime dash beats a pokemon, i need to eat something ingame or in real life, starts 100% cool. 0.5% change when defeating a poke/fainting. at 120% stab can be used.
6:

im going to start this now.

edit: im an idiot for not noticing earlier, rainbowdash is 20% cooler, not awesomer

Hydrattler, take Dash the _____.

It can be any species you want.

Dash has to solo two significant trainers. That's Gym Leaders, Rivals and Evil Admins.

Dash can only use attacks which are NOT STAB boosted.

Dash must always hold an item.

Oh, and every time you beat a pokemon with Dash, you must eat something either in game or for real (in game would be like drinking a lemonade or eating an Oran Berry, out of game would be like eating a real piece of pie or something).

That's it.

A1, i really like the eating part of your challenge. i accept it and in updates i'll mention anything i eat in or out of game.
only need 1 more pokemon now, dash is going to be blitzle (possibly a very stupid idea i know) its the closest i can get to rainbowdash.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Okay, apparently that's impossible - the only way to do it is to use Soak, which came out in Gen V. This is a Gen IV game. So, I'm going to have to reject Kobra the Ekans.
No, it's not. Poison a Pineco and have it evolve into Forretress while poisoned. Voila, poisoned Steel type.

@Hydrattler: For getting the reference: Rainbow Dash

Also, one more restriction. Dash starts with an awesomeness rating of 100%. But everyone knows Dash should be 20% more awesome than everyone else. So for every pokemon it beats, increase it's awesomeness rating by 0.5%, and decrease it by 0.5% if Dash faints. When you get to 120%, Dash can use STAB moves for the remainder of the Scramble.

Still looking for two pokemon for my no trading black 2 scramble. If I get these two before the reservation is finished, I may have to cancel it for the sake of time.

No, it's not. Poison a Pineco and have it evolve into Forretress while poisoned. Voila, poisoned Steel type.
Okay then, so I have to use a non-scramblemon or get assigned a scrambled Pineco. Rejection withdrawn, then.

Ahem, I believe I said Unown-X. Not just any Unown will do.

And guess how Unown-X is unlocked? ^.^
I can't use my Cyndaquil for Bugsy, anyway, so I'm still taking the challange. Hopefully I luck out and get Hidden Power Fire (or flying, or rock).

Still looking for three more HeartGold scramblemons - the more creative, the better! :)

@A1, when dash gets to 120%, can she drop below 120% through fainting and lose the ability to use stab? also, i prefer the name dashie over dash, dashie is a nickname rainbowdash is given. so its still fitting

As long as it's Dashie and not Dashy, it's fine.

Also, she only has to reach 120% once to use STAB moves. She can drop below 120% after that with no repercussions.

Reserving (hah, IAR) for XAkaviri >:D

One day, a Dratini was slithering along in the Dragon's Den. Suddenly, a bunch of asshole poachers entered the den, grabbed this Dratini, and brought it off to the Goldenrod Game Corner, where it was to be a prize to those who spent enough time flipping Voltorbs the finger. Eventually, you enter the Game Corner and see its plight. So, you spend hours earning coins off the slave master (a.k.a. Mr. Game) by playing his torturous game, eventually clinching enough coins to buy this Dratini out! But it seems the countless days it spent in a cage in the game corner have had a few effects on it...

• After all the months spent watching Voltorbs appear and prevent customers from freeing it, CageMemory has a perennial hatred for these abominations of nature. So, it must destroy every Voltorb or Electrode it comes across, no exceptions.
  • Being sold simply as an object for money has made it loathe money. It will not use any items that can be bought (even if you didn't actually buy them).
  • Mr. Game's face has left its imprint on its mind. So, it must solo all Gym Leaders with moustaches (i.e. Chuck and Blaine), as well as the Team Rocket Executive with the stupid-ass face, Petrel (on both occasions).

Good Luck; Have Fun!
Awesome challenge, thanks.

Only 1 more Soulsilver very hard scramblemon!

The team so far:
Hatred the Togepi

XAkaviri, take Hatred the Togepi. When Hatred was in its egg, a mishap occurred that caused it to be emotionally inverted, causing it to mercilessly attack whatever it comes across (can't switch out, always under the effect of Taunt. Metronome doesn't count as an attacking move) and also because of the mishap, Hatred despises everybody, but you in particular to the point where it will accept absolutely no items from you and will attack its teammates in double battles.

Now, you're probably thinking "How is Hatred supposed to evolve if Togepi's means of evolution is happiness?" The answer to that is it won't, unless of course it successfully soloes the Rocket Grunt in the Kimono Dance Theater (yes, that's what it's actually called) and later the Kimono Girls themselves. The reason for this is because the Kimono Girls are the ones who originally posessed the Togepi egg. After defeating them, Hatred must lead your party when you go to the Whirl Islands to battle Lugia. (Note: Hatred does not have to battle Lugia.) In case you're wondering why, the dance the Kimono Girls perform there is not only to awaken Lugia, but also as a purification ceremony, much like in Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD's Agate Village. In other words, when the Kimono Girls are performing under Whirl Islands, they are essentially "purifying" Hatred, causing it to become a normal Togepi that loves everybody and everything, allowing it to evolve.

Now that Hatred has been purified, it decides to refute its own ways, meaning that every restriction it had as a Togepi is now reversed. (it will accept items from you, it can only have one attacking move which it cannot use unless it has used its other moves in the same battle, will never attack its teammates, is able to switch out) Also, Hatred decides to change its moveset entirely (Note: the amount of attacking moves Happiness can know is the opposite of how many it had as a Togepi. For example, if it had 3 attacking moves as a Togepi, it can only have one as a Togetic, and if it had 2 as a Togepi, it will have 2 as a Togetic.) and change its nickname to Happiness in commemoration of this. Finally, to prove that it loves you rather than hates you, it soloes an Elite Four member of your choice. After that is completed, Happiness may evolve again.

Have fun!

(^Perfect example of what I want^)

Joey the Rattata

You get Joey the Rattata. He must be a Male Rattata, and must be caught in Route 29 immediately after receiving your first Poke Balls. He is the 1% of all Rattata! In order to evolve him into Raticate, he must meet all of the following criteria:

Defeat Joey's Rattata in Route 30 at level 3.
Defeat Joey's Raticate in Route 30 (rematch battle) while level 29 or lower.
Must have the ability Run Away.
His moveset must include Quick Attack, one STAB that's not Quick Attack, one non-STAB, and one status move.
Furthermore, he must successfully employ the F.E.A.R. strategy against any Gym Leader before you are allowed to fight Red (since getting a Focus Sash is impractical, use Endure to accomplish this).

Leaf the Chikorita

XAkaviri, keep Leaf the Chikorita, except now it's only allowed moves of 35 BP or less (again, they can only be physical after the split) and this cap increases by 5 every badge. Again, must evolve into Bayleef after the third gym and into Meganium after the kimono girls.

Ash the Zubat

@XAkaviri you want a hard one? Okay, take Ash the Zubat. Ash “wants to be the very best, like no one ever was” (yes, you have to sing the song in your head). Ash must solo any other Zubat-lines as a Zubat. Ash must solo Whitney to evolve to Golbat, since he hears she is a very tough Gym leader to battle. Once Ash is a Golbat, he must defeat any pokemon he is sent out against, or die trying, along with soloing Zubat-lines. Ash must solo Jasmine to evolve to Crobat. Once Ash is a Crobat, he must never switch out against any pokemon (unless they have SE STAB), along with the other two challenges. Ash must solo Archer to prove he is the best Crobat/team member. Now that Ash thinks he is the best, he thinks he can take any pokemon you can throw at him. He must never switch out against any pokemon. He must also solo your rival in Victory Road. He must solo Will of the E4, and then is the best of the best. If you are going through to Red: He must solo Lt. Surge and Sabrina. He feels he is the strongest in the world now. He must solo Red’s Pikachu and any other ONE of Red’s pokemon.

All challenges:
As a Zubat:
- solo all other Zubat-lines
- solo Whitney to evolve
As a Golbat:
- defeat any pokemon switched into
- solo Jasmine to evolve
As a Crobat:
- never switch out against un-SE pokemon
- solo Archer
As a (better?) Crobat:
- never switch out, period
- solo rival in Victory Road
- solo Will
If you are going through to Red:
- solo Lt. Surge
- solo Sabrina
- solo Red’s Pikachu and ONE other pokemon of Red’s

I HOPE YOU SUFFER GL;HF! I hope it's hard enough for you...

CageMemory the Dratini

After all the months spent watching Voltorbs appear and prevent customers from freeing it, CageMemory has a perennial hatred for these abominations of nature. So, it must destroy every Voltorb or Electrode it comes across, no exceptions.
Being sold simply as an object for money has made it loathe money. It will not use any items that can be bought (even if you didn't actually buy them).
Mr. Game's face has left its imprint on its mind. So, it must solo all Gym Leaders with moustaches (i.e. Chuck and Blaine), as well as the Team Rocket Executive with the stupid-ass face, Petrel (on both occasions).

Good Luck; Have Fun!

Espeon65, take Stuck the ____.

It has to be a pokemon that's predominantly red, yellow or blue.

It must be a single-type pokemon.

It's type must NOT match that of your starter.

It cannot learn HMs or TMs.

It can only use moves which are boosted by STAB.

It must hold an item at all times.

Solo Skyla or Roxie (the two easiest-to-beat gym leaders...well, okay, I guess only Skyla's truly weak, Roxie just gets trolled by Magnemite...).

That's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)