Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Cool updates!
@Jimera, your updates are still amazing. The E4 will be so intense.
@Mafeking, I agree- your updates are not at all like Jimera's. But on the other hand, its still great! Keep up the good work!

And in case you're wondering, I haven't even touched my SS game since beating the E4. Updates won't be for a while.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Super Saiyan, you want hard, right? Okay then, you get Lightsworn the Dratini. You must get it when you first arrive at Fuschia City.

Because it represents light, it must know & keep 2 Electric Type moves, but being light doesn't necessary mean it's a good thing either, for the moment you get it, it places a curse on you, forbidding you from buying anymore items from the Poke Mart, so stock up on items while you can! Then comes the fun part. Being a Lightsworn, as you use it, you lose items over time, but because you said no dumping items...

• Each time it participates in a battle & it survives, you must sell 2 items to the Poke Mart at the first available opportunity.
  • Each time it participates in a battle, it survives, but it doesn't use an attack, then you must sell 4 items to the Poke Mart at the first available opportunity.
  • Each time it participates in a battle & it faints, then you must sell 6 items to the Poke Mart at the first available opportunity
Notice the wording, as sell =/= dump/trash/whatever you want to call it.
Anyways, being a lightsworn, you are likely to run out of options fast if you keep using it, & as a result, if you run out of unsellable items, then you "deck-out", & as a result, you lose the scramble, so use it wisely. Considering the sheer difficulty of the challenge, should you take it, you are likely to dump it in the box or something & problem solved, right? Wrong. Lightsworn doesn't enjoy being neglected, so it may never leave the party at any time once you get it, & it must solo 2 Gym Leaders/E4 Members, I don't care which ones.

As a recap...
-Lightsworn the Dratini
-Must obtain when you first arrive in Fuschia City
-=> 2 Electric Type Moves
-Cannot buy anymore items once you obtain it
-Sell Items to Poke Mart after each battle it appears in
-Lose the Scramble if you run out of sellable items
-Cannot leave party once obtained
-Solo 2 Gym Leaders/E4 Members

Have fun. (Even though you will most likely say no to this challenge, since you said very hard, if you want a real challange, I'd completely recommend taking this challenge, after all, it is within your rules... ;) )

Yay! Another Yugioh fan! SS, i said i'd give you something,but i was insanely busy with family,so tomorrow morning,it seems.

Definitely will be a real tough Gladiator Beast challenge (F*** you Lightsworn and your Judgment Dragon, evveryone knows Gyzarus is better. Hell, they had to limit Bestiari...).

EDIT: SS, take GB the ___. You must catch a pokemon as GB as soon as possible. Everytime this pokemon attacks with a damage dealing move, you must switch out next turn. Who you switch to determines wht bonus thhat pokemon gets. If you switch from GB (say, a fying type), to another Flying type, you have to use only Fying moves on your other pokemon until it switches out. If you switch to a pokemon whose type is weak against GB's (like a Bug in this case), you get to use only status moves until you switch. If you switch to something who's strong against GB' type (like Electric,in this case), you may use anything you want, but ony after using either one stat-boosting move or one X-item.

GB must be a mono-type pokemon in all stages of evolution.

Due to Gladiator Beasts beig horrendously weak ontheir own, they seek to form fusions. To do this, catch pokemon to fuse with GB, to grant GB access to moves.

Flying + Fire = access to 2 damage dealingmoves. May use these movesin battle.
Flying + Water = Use 2 items before attacking with GB.
Rock + Ground = Must use at least 5 turns before fainting opponent pokemon
Fighting + anything = Must hold an item or have an item used on it before attacking.
Ghost + anything = access to one damage dealing move.
Psychic + anything = access to one TM move.

The way this works isthat you choose a pokemon for GB. Then, you catch a pokemon and box it. That pokemons type grants whatever bonus is listed above, if any. If you cath a Fire type annd GB is Flying, learn two damaging moves, for example. You may catch however many pokemon you want, but at all times the pokemon you caught last for GB takes precedence over the other challenges. So even if you caught a Fire to go with a fying GB, if you then catch a Water type, you must use thetwo items before you can attack with GB.

If GB does notfall into any of the above typing categories (which i adapted from Gyzarus, Spartacus, Alexander, etc.), then GB must have one Physical move, one Special, on Status and one TM move (as they would be designated in Gen IV and later), however it is also Choice locked in battle.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@IAR, its actually not in my rules since its a Red Version Scramble. Lol
I had no idea what I was smoking...lol (facepalm)

Making amendments, I thought you were playing HG/SS for some reason... >.>

EDIT: Amendments made, apologies for the fuck-up. Also Treadshot, I've been making quite a few YGO Challanges of late, that Drowzee was one of them.

Well I appear to have hit the image limit in my original post for the Hard Blue Version Scramble. As such, I've decided to finish the updates on this page here. For the team list and the other updates, see the original post.

Alright, I’ve got all my healing items, TMs and in-battle items ready. I’ve got my team all together, levelled to 55 and fully healed. I’ve saved my game. I’ve gone to the bathroom. Yup, I’m all set. It’s time.

*Steps through the point of no return*

*TheRainbow goes berserk at the sight of Lorelei*
Yeah yeah, sure you can fight her... Jeeze.

*The Rainbow faces off against Lorelei’s Dewgong*
Alright, just to make sure this goes smoothly...
*X-Special is used on TheRainbow, but Dewgong’s Aurora Beam crits*
... Ouch, that was a spot of bad luck. I had better hope that TheRainbow can OHKO everything now... Well only one way to find out. Thunderbolt!
*not even close. It uses Rest to heal back to full health though*
Wow, you could’ve slowly pounded TheRainbow into the ground, and instead you give me an invitation to boost some more? Damn Lorelei, that’s awfully considerate of you!
*Two more X-Specials later it wakes up*
Oh yes. Now we’re cooking with petrol!
*Thunderbolt cleanly OHKOs*
Looks like this is going to turn out to be a shocking victory! *is shot*
*Cloyster is turned into chowder*
Yup this is going to be easy now.
*Slowbro is OHKO’d*
Ah the smell of sizzling slowbro tail... Jynx next.

Jeeze, is it just me or does Jynx look like it just ate a super-sour gumball?
*Jynx is easily OHKO’d by Slash*
Just Lapras left and I don’t think it stands much of a chance against TheRainbow at +3.
*Lapras narrowly avoids the OHKO even at +3... Lorelei uses a Super Potion the same turn*
... Cheating computer bastard. Oh well, it won’t be preventing a 2HKO anyway. Why an Elite Four member would only have a Super Potion is beyond me though... it don’t think it even recovered a quarter of Lapras’ health.
*Lapras is finished, and my victory secured!*

Well that’s all well and good but I’m a bit perturbed by the fact that at +3 I didn’t OHKO everything... Blue is going to be frightening.

Anyway, Bruno is up next.

The poor man appears to suffer from the same blinding condition as Brock as well as chronic swelling of the hands and feet. I feel almost bad for taking this poor cripple down.

*Bud leads against his Onix*
*snort* Actually if he’s going to use stuff like that I can’t really feel sorry for him.
*Onix is reduced to dust*
Hmmm Hitmonchan is up next, and it is almost certainly equipped with the elemental punches. Thankfully, it has an insanely laughable special stat of 35. I think I’ll be alright keeping Bud in for this one.
*Razor Leaf is an easy OHKO on the specially challenged boxer*
Hitmonlee is not much of a different story, but I’ll let Screentime have some glory here.
*Fly misses and Screentime is nearly OHKO’d by a critical Hi Jump Kick*
... Hax!!!!
*Hitmonlee gets an X-Defend used on it while Screentime is in the air, preventing Fly from OHKOing while Jump Kick finishes Screentime off*
.... Ok, that was complete and utter bullshit.
*Bud comes out and cleans up, also obliterating his other Onix*
Seriously, what idiot puts two Onix on their team?
*Machamp is out next, Bud is poised to... oh god*

Seriously, why does the entire Machop line look like they were born with horrific genetic defects????
Anyway, a little shut-eye should ensure victory.
*Sleep Powder works, lulling the poor afflicted brute into a merciful slumber*
Alright, time to cut this ugly son of a bitch up!
*Razor Leaf 2HKOs*
Alright two down three to go! And sorry you got your glory stolen yet again Screentime... it seems the Pokegods just hate your guts.

Anyway, Agatha should be easy. I doubt any of the gravestones in here will be left standing once Shout is through though.

And jeeze lady, put away your angry lady rage boner for Oak already and let’s just get this over with.

*Shout faces off against Agatha’s Gengar*
I’m thinking Shout might get outsped, but with no real Ghost type attacks in Generation I I’m not too worried about this.
*Shout goes first actually and easily OHKOs with Earthquake*
Well, I guess that’s a good sign of how the rest of the battle is going to go. You make me wanna desecrate some graaaves! (why are they here in the first plaaaace?)
*Next up is Golbat*
... Hmm, Golbat huh? Yah know, I don’t want Shout getting mucked up by confusion and stuff, so I’m going to hand this one over to TheRainbow. Now let’s see... Thunderbolt or Slash? Ah screw it, I wanna cut a bitch.
*Slash is a clean 2HKO, and Golbat’s critical Wing Attack is a 4HKO*
This is why Golbat is fail.
*Haunter is up next, Shout comes back out*
Yeah, no worries here that’s for sure.
*More graves overturned, another restless spirit quelled*
You make me wanna question why Gamefreak thought Ghost was a viable type in generation ooooooone!
*Arbok is as easily KO’d as the last ones are*
You make me wanna praise the gods for the lack of abilities in Generation I because otherwise this battle would suuuuuck!
*Her final Gengar outspeeds and confuses Shout with Confuse Ray, causing him to hurt himself*
Oh bullshit. Well I don’t think it can do much else to me anyway so I’m just going to keep trying.
*Gengar’s Toxic fails since Shout is a poison type, while Shout snaps out of Confusion and obliterates Gengar*
Yeah, Generation I was not kind to Agatha’s team. You make me wanna pity this poor old lady!

Alright, Lance is up next. It’s time to equip Random with my SUPER SECRET WEAPON (that I’ve totally already talked about).
*Random learned Blizzard over Body Slam!*
Alright, let’s get this party started!

*After a long, automated trek down the most pointless hallway in gaming history*
Alright, Lance... Bring it on!

I’ll wipe that smug smirk off your face...

*Lance’s Gyarados faces off against the ever versatile TheRainbow*
This would usually be a favourable match up for you. Unfortunately for you though, this is no ordinary Persian.
*Thunderbolt brings it to the red, but Lance cheats with a Hyper Potion the same turn to fully recover it*
..... You’re all cheating bastards you know that right?
*It survives again at the same amount, but this time uses Hyper Beam to take out around half TheRainbow’s health*
Well, that was a mistake my friend! Prepare to face the consequences!
*TheRainbow cuts a bitch*
Alright, Dragonair next. I’ve got just the thing...
*Blizzard misses*
... and that wasn’t it. Goddamit, it’s got 90% accuracy in generation I and still manages to fuck up. At least all that dead eyed Dragonair did in return was use agility.

Dragonair should not look that creepy.
*Random eats a critical Hyper Beam but connects with Blizzard, OHKOing it*
I had better not miss again, I’m not sure Random can take another hit like that... Well his second Dragonair should go down without a hitch.
*Blizzard OHKOs*
Alright, two more...
*Aerodactyl confuses Random causing him to hit himself in confusion*
... goddamn this shit. Alright, one Full Restore coming right up!
*Random loses half his health to a critical Take Down*
Goddamn it, have I been hit with an attack that WASN’T a crit this entire match yet? *sigh* alright, let’s try Surf again.
*Aerodactyl’s Bite crits, AND Random hits himself in his confusion again*
... This is such complete bullshit.
*Another Max Potion and a failed Supersonic later*
Alright, one more go at this. Let’s try NOT hitting yourself this time, ok Random?
*Yeah not happening. And Take Down crits again btw.*
This. Is. So. Fucking. HAXY!
*Random FINALLY snaps out of his confusion and OHKOs Aerodactyl with Surf, but not before being reduced to half health again by another critical Bite*
Seriously, even at base 130 speed he should be only critting 30% of the time. I’ve only been hit by one attack that wasn’t a critical hit this entire match! This is such bullshit... Blizzard had better not miss his Dragonite or I might just go on a murder spree.
*It thankfully does not. In fact, it gets a pointless crit*
Well, I guess you could say that Random put his Dragonite *puts on sunglasses* on ice!
Everyone everywhere: “BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”
Aw cmon!

And so Lance tells me I’m a Pokemon Master and the Champion! And then he’s all like PSYCHE! Ha ha I got you, Blue actually is the champion. He beat us all first with his insufferable douchieness, and some of it rubbed off on me. Sorry, but you’ll have to kick his ass first if you wanna be the very best that ever was.

And so I promptly murder Lance’s douchey ass and proceed on to my final challenge.

Blue: “... And now I’m the Pokemon League Champion! Jimera! Do you know what that means? I’ll tell you! I am the most powerful trainer in the world!”
Errr... what about the champions in the other parts in the world? Do they not count? Oh whatever, let’s just get this over with.

TO THE TUNE OF AWESOME 8 BIT MUSIC!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHjciyJZIiA

*Random faces off against his Pidgeot*
As per requirement, Random must kick your Pidgeot’s sorry ass. I hope you got room in your freezer for some frozen turkey, because you’re going to need somewhere to store your newly frozen bird.
*Blizzard OHKOs with another pointless crit*
Alright who’s next? Alakazam? How convenient! That’s the other one Random needs to smash up! Time to ride the wave motherfucker!
*Alakazam hilariously uses Recover even though it outspeeds, wasting a turn. Surf is a 3HKO though*
Hmmm this could be an issue... but thankfully I came prepared.
*An X-Special is used on Random to ensure a KO, as well as allowing Random to soak up a Psybeam like it was a wet sponge thrown at him*
Oh Generation I X-Special I do love you so. Boosting defense and offense at the same time! So cheap. So useful.
*Surf leaves Alakazam with a tiny sliver of health left, which the cheating bastard heals up with a Full Restore before the turn is even out*
..... Seriously, why does everyone cheat but me in this damn game??
Blue: “What about that Rage bug you abused???”
... nevermind.
*Surf is now a clean 2HKO, and Alakazam uses Reflect uselessly*
Well, that about wraps this up.
*Reflect does not protect against drowning*
Anyway, Rhydon is up next. Now it’s TheRainbow’s turn again!
*Bubblebeam OHKOs with ease*
FEAR THE SUPER BUBBLES! Alright, now the next ones won’t be so easy... Exeggutor is no joke. Thankfully, TheRainbow comes pre-equipped with hedge trimmers.
*Slash is a shaky 2HKO, but thankfully Exeggutor misses with Hypnosis*
Whew, that’s one bullet dodged. Let’s finish this shall we?
*Slash misses out on the KO by a hair, but Exeggutors Barrage attack is laughably weak even though it got a critical hit*
Wait what? That’s the best you’ve got? What about, I dunno, Psychic or something that doesn’t have shitty BP and run off your terrible attack stat? No? Well, fine by me!
*One more Slash finishes the job*
Alright, just one more to go for TheRainbow... another Gyarados. You’d think they’d learn eh?
*Suddenly a miracle occurs. Even though TheRainbow doesn’t crit, Thunderbolt paralyzes Gyarados and leaves it unable to move that turn*
Oh damn, now that is lucky! I was worried he might actually KO TheRainbow if he hit with an attack. No threat of that now though!
*One more Thunderbolt puts the serpent down for good*
Alright... now for the final showdown, the moment you’ve all been waiting for! Screentime versus Charizard, for the win and the most epic end to this scramble I could imagine! Let’s do this!
*Screentime is nailed by a critical Fire Blast and instantly OHKO’d*
*one Max Revive and a switch in later, Screentime is trapped by Fire Spin but thankfully in good health*
Alright, let’s not have that happen again eh? I’ll wait this out and then...
*After it ends, Slash takes Screentime down to a third of his health as he flies into the air*
This is not looking good.
*This allows Screentime to dodge a Fire Spin, but deprives him of the opportunity to use Slash*
Yeah I’m really just holding out for Rage here.
*A Max Potion gets used to hopefully ensure Screentime’s survival of the next attack, which ends up being Fire Spin*
Oh joy...
*After the onslaught of Fire Spins subsides, Screentime eats another Slash that takes him back to low yellow before taking Flight*
This REALLY is not looking very good.
*Screentime dodges another Slash, but being slower than Charizard is in no condition to risk fainting first*
*sigh* guess I’ll use another potion.
*Fire Blast crits and OHKOs again*
.... Oh, fuck me and my horrible luck.
*Another Max Revive gets used while Charizard finally flies into an impotent rage!*
OH THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY! I can finally win this! God did I ever have to cheese the crap out of this fight... Activate win condition in three
*Screentime is switched back in*
Two
*Screentime eats another weak Rage before taking flight.*
One
*Rage misses, Fly brings Charizard down to the red*
Actually, I’m not even going to see the bug at work here am I. I can probably finish him off with Quick attack...
*Yup*
Well that was... epic I guess? If cheesing it with a half dozen items is “epic”. Blue proceeds to say it isn’t “fair” and I’d be inclined to agree if it weren’t for the fact I would have been able to waste his Charizard’s ass with Random anyway if it weren’t for restrictions. So yeah, if you were looking for “fair” Blue, you were looking in the wrong place.

And here’s Oak, babbling on about trust and love and all that other gushy bullshit before he takes me down to have my team recorded in the Hall of Fame! Well, I guess I’ve finally done it. I’ve conquered Blue version for the first time, over a decade and a half since it was first released! Oh yeah, did I mention that? The first Pokemon game I played was RED version! I’ve never actually played Blue before this scramble. So yeah, I’ve finally arrived at the party, only 14 years late! Hurrah for me!

Alright, the credits are rolling and this scramble is pretty much through, except for one more thing. There’s one more challenge for me to take on, one last enemy for me to face. But that is not for today... no, that’s for the next and final chapter of my adventure. So remember everyone, stay tuned for the Epilogue: Mewtwo Rising! Until then, audios!

END OF CHAPTER SUMMARY:

Badges: 8, Pokemon League Champion
Pokemon: 6
Retries: 5 (Did I say one more challenge to go last time? Yeah, I meant two. NOW there’s one left to go.)

Pokemon:

Bud the Venusaur
Level 55
Take Down
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Well, Bud functioned pretty much as I expected him to, though he ended up almost soloing Bruno due to Screentime’s failure. Honestly though, if not for all the solos TheRainbow had to do I think that Bud would’ve been used a lot more than he was. Still, he took on Bruno like a champ, and Sleep Powder proved its usefulness as I expected it would. Unfortunately, I fear he won’t be much use against Mewtwo, seeing as he’s weak to Psychic...

Screentime the Pidgeot
Level 55
Fly
Quick Attack
Mirror Move
Take Down

Well there’s no way around it. Screentime fell flat on his face yet again this chapter, failing spectacularly against Bruno and then even more spectacularly against Blue’s Charizard. Of course, you can’t really blame him for it, as both times it was due to ridiculous hax more than anything else. Still, his lack of raw power is definitely partly to blame. As is his lack of defense. And his lack of speed. And... ok he just kind of sucked. Don’t expect to see him against Mewtwo, because I have no desire to see him get turned into a feathery red smear on the cave wall.

Shout the Nidoking
Level 55
Strength
Earthquake (3 PP Up)
Horn Drill
Double Team

Damn, it seemed like Agatha was custom made for Shout to take down. Her team relies mostly on poison damage to take opponents down, and Shout’s immune to it. All the barriers to him obliterating her that exist in generation 3 don’t exist in generation 1, including actual good attacks and abilities that weaken his earthquake or make his opponents immune to it. The only thing he didn’t take down was Golbat, and I highly doubt that he would have failed that had I attempted it. Of course he didn’t do anything except Agatha, but taking out an Elite Four member mostly by yourself is no small achievement. Unfortunately, this is pretty much the end of the line for him, seeing as Mewtwo can obliterate Shout with the blink of an eye. I’m really starting to worry how I’m going to manage this...

Random the Gyarados
Level 56
Blizzard
Surf
Leer
Bide

He’s still the beast I’m accustomed to by now. Random was one of my most vital team members against the League. Between taking on most of Lances team single handedly and the ease with which he handled Blue’s Pokemon, it’s not surprise he’s the lead contender for overall MVP. In fact, he’s probably my best shot against Mewtwo too. Will Random ever stop impressing? No, I think not.

TongueTied the Golbat
Level 55
Swift
Double-Edge
Wing Attack
Hyper Beam (+ 1 PP Up)

TongueTied did nothing except stand in for Screentime when I had to revive him. His abilities were totally outclassed by other team members, as I expected. He’ll be equally useless against Mewtwo, who would likely force him to choke on his own tongue if I were to send him out against it. Don’t expect to hear much more from him.

TheRainbow the Persian
Level 55
Slash
Bubblebeam
Thunderbolt
Toxic

Damn, did TheRainbow ever shine this chapter! He took down Lorelei with a little bit of a boost from my item bag, and then continued to be an unstoppable force for the rest of the League. The only opponent he didn’t have a hand in defeating was Bruno, and that was only because I wanted to use someone else for once seeing as I knew he’d be getting a lot of use later on. Those Onix would’ve been easy pickings for him had I been so inclined. I also foresee him being one of the only Pokemon I can actually use against Mewtwo, perhaps outspeeding and surviving long enough to get a couple Slashes in. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it though...

So here I am, chillin’ in Pallet Town, and suddenly on comes the news! Some slick evil bro is messin’ up Cerluean man, and people are all like “dude if only the champion were here to put this motherfucker in his place, yo?” and I’m all like “O snap, looks like my peeps need me bro!” to no one in particular, so I head down there and get the lowdown.

It’s this freaky lookin’ Pokemon roughing up the locals, and I know just who’s to blame! That mad scientist Bill is up to no good, so I roll on down there and squeeze him for info. Through bloody lips he tells me that it’s his Mewtwo in Cerulean cave, and also please don’t kill him he’ll be a good boy. So I’m all like “Thanks bro!” before I get Shout to Horn Drill him in the gut. You make me wanna commit homicide, bro!

Alright, that was fucking terrible. Let’s just go into the cave and get this over with already.

*blows through the dungeon ignoring all the items I’ll never use*

The hell, there are Dodrio deep in the cave. That... just seems a little counter-intuitive you know?

*runs into level 64 Raichu*
Holy motherfucking jeeze, is the water down here awash with steroids or something?

*Runs into a level 64 Chansey*
O.o even the motherfucking Chansey are buff!
*Runs into two more in a row*
The hell? And they’re MULTIPLYING!

*Finally meets Mewtwo, face to face*
Oh ho, here’s the troublemaker. Time to take this motherfucker down or die trying!

*Leads with Bud on the off chance he’ll survive long enough to put it to sleep*
Maybe I’ll get lucky...
*It uses Swift, and Sleep Powder works!*
Alright, I have a plan. First off, I gotta seed it.
*Leech Seed hits, Mewtwo remains asleep*
Beautiful, now let’s wear him down until he wakes up.
*He wakes up the next turn and Razor Leaf barely scratches him*
Well if that barely dented him I don’t think I’m going to bell able to do this through brute force alone. Thankfully, this is generation 1... BUG ABUSE SKILLZ GO!
*Switches to The Rainbow, who is hit with Psychic and barely survives*
Oh shit! Please outspeed please outspeed!
*I do not outspeed, but Mewtwo uses Barrier instead of attacking, allowing Toxic to work its magic*
BOOYAH MOTHERFUCKERS! WIN CONDITION OBTAINED! Though actually, Mewtwo is looking weak so it might not even have time to activate... unless it uses Recover to drag this out. Thankfully I only need to survive for like 4 turns even then.
*Swift KOs TheRainbow before he can do anything else, so Bud comes back in*
Alright, now to just hope for the best...
*Psychic instantly KOs Bud*
Shit. Well, Random should stand a better chance of staying alive.
*Swift doesn’t hurt Random much, and Leech Seed keeps him almost at full health. Surf just barely misses out on the KO*
So, is it going to Recover now or give up and die?
*give up and die*

And there you have it! The world is saved, the citizens parade me through the streets and I get all of the bitches. ALL OF THEM! Yay me!

All joking aside though, that’s it for this scramble! So now to do the part I know you’ve all been waiting for; the MVP listings! From LVP to MVP, here they are!

TongueTied the Golbat
Level 55
Swift
Double-Edge
Wing Attack
Hyper Beam (+ 1 PP Up)

Well, this was kind of inevitable. His placing at the bottom of the ladder isn’t just because of the fact that for much of my adventure he was my weakest Pokemon (particularly as a Zubat), but simply because he was the most unnecessary Pokemon. I never needed him to take something on; another Pokemon was ALWAYS the better choice. Hell, I’m not sure why I kept training him after Blaine. His uselessness came primarily from his lack of versatility and power. Being able to only attack directly and having an incredibly shallow movepool meant he could really only attack using relatively weak normal attacks, except for Wing Attack which was so weak that even super-effective hits were weaker than his other options. There really was no reason to use this guy, not without any status inducing attacks. I can’t say I didn’t see it coming though.

Screentime the Pidgeot
Level 55
Fly
Quick Attack
Mirror Move
Take Down

I was almost inclined to put Screentime as LVP, considering that during the section of the game after TongueTied evolved and before Screentime did he was so cripplingly weak it was astounding, as well as because of my general disappointment with him. Still, I didn’t in the end because the fact remained that he actually added something to my team, even as annoying as he was to train and as frail and weak as he was. His STAB Fly WAS useful at times, unlike TongueTied who was... well complete dead weight. Also, I needed him to get places, and while that really doesn’t count for anything I appreciate it nonetheless.

TheRainbow the Persian
Level 58
Slash
Bubblebeam
Thunderbolt
Toxic

Firstly, I’d like to say that the gap between the usefulness of Screentime and TheRainbow is enormous. As you have all seen, TheRainbow’s versatility made him very useful at key points in the game, and towards the end he became a real powerhouse with Slash. So why is he still on the bottom half of the pack then? Well, primarily it’s because he had some damn good competition in the others, but also because his fragility, particularly before he evolved, made him difficult to use effectively. He also didn’t have a massive amount of power, so he usually found himself running low on health pretty quickly. Also, relying on Take Down for STAB didn’t help much. Still, of all the Pokemon I used this time around I probably had the most fun with TheRainbow, and it’s given me a whole new respect for the ferocious feline.

Shout the Nidoking
Level 55
Strength
Earthquake (3 PP Up)
Horn Drill
Double Team

Shout had a little bit of a slow start, having to rely on only moderately powerful non-STAB attacks early on and not having really great bulk to compensate for it. However, once he got Thrash things began to change and he really became an integral part of the team. What really tipped him over the edge though was the addition of Earthquake to his movepool, providing me with invaluable coverage as well as finally giving him a move that utilized his full potential. He was never my strongest attacker but I always had some use for him, especially with regards to his immunities and resistances. He was a very solid Pokemon and it was great fun to use him, but he wasn’t consistently good enough throughout the whole adventure to warrant a higher spot.

Bud the Venusaur
Level 55
Take Down
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Bud is the runner up for one key reason; reliability. Right from the start of the game he was a solid defensive standby I could rely on to take hits and support the team with Leech Seed, and his grass attacking type was invaluable in the early stages of the game. He only got better as time went on, gaining a powerful attacking move in Razor Leaf and eventually learning Sleep Powder, which was used infrequently thanks to how late he learned it, but was key when it was used. No other Pokemon on my team can claim to have been consistently powerful throughout the whole adventure, so that’s why he gets the runner up spot.

Random the Gyarados
Level 56
Blizzard
Surf
Leer
Bide

Well cmon, you all saw this coming. Ok, so in the first and second chapter he was useless, being a Magikarp and all, but after that he instantly became by far the best member of my team and stayed there the rest of the game. No one else could hit as hard as he could, no one else could take hits as well as he could and no one else had the coverage he had. Screw the fact that he was eventually limited to only two useful moves; that was all he needed, this being generation 1. Perfect coverage is granted by the Normal-Water type combination, and that combined with his natural strength meant he just steamrolled over everything that opposed him. Finally, his ability to use the insanely powerful Blizzard put him over the edge, giving him everything he needed to conquer the whole damn world should he have wished to. I have only one thing to say about this beastly mon: Damn, was Gyarados ever overpowered in Generation I!

I hope you enjoyed my Scramble!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Screw Texas Cloverleaf, THIS is the HSCE! I didn't ask for anymon this hard...

Alright folks, I haven't been really that motivated/had the time to do a scramble, so I might as well get into the scrambling groove again.

Rules:
-HeartGold Version
-Can trade but will only do so for the purposes of evolution (Or in the case that I don't get a starter...)
-idgaf about difficulty, so go nuts.
-However, there are a few caveats you must follow:
-No insanely stupid boring shit like "Pokemon x may not exceed level y" challenges, or "Totodile must learn Superpower before taking on Falkner" challenges, or anything else along the lines of that. Those sort of challenges warrant an on the spot rejection. Anything else is fair game, even Legendaries (Screw OP Rules, I've got money).
-Challenges take priority over placeholders, that is, Reservations will always be ignored until it becomes a challenge. I know you guys tend to use "common sense", but I don't like seeing there's a new reply, only to see that someone made a placeholder. It's annoying, so refrain from it please. Also, it's a lot more fair too.
-I'll finish at Red.

Other than that, it's the standard 6 Pokemon fare, so go nuts!
  • STABless (Ponyta) - No evolution, No STAB, No stabbing moves, Must solo Rival at Victory Road, E4 Pokemon with a Horn, Red's Charizard, Blue's Arcanine, & Blaine (King Serperior)
  • Pink Dream (Mareep) - Must know & keep Cotton Spore & Charge Beam, Special Moves only until Fire Punch is relearned, cannot evolve past Flaffy until the Secret Potion is used on Amphy, Must solo Falkner as a Mareep, Clair & Misty as an Ampharos (Mafeking)
  • Chikorita - tl;dr to put here, Victory Road solos changed to Pryce's Gym (user 18)
  • Scorpio (Gligar) - tl;dr to post here, part of the Manipulative bit omitted, & all mandatory stuff is overriden by other Pokemon's restrictions (The Reptile)
  • Flygon (Scyther) - tl;dr to post here, Nothing omitted (Treadshot A1)
  • Lolth (Spinarak) - tl;dr to post here, Nothing omitted (Professor Science)

IAR, take (trade over) STABless the Ponyta ASAP!!

As it is STABless, you cannot do these things:

1). Evolve (You get a horn upon evolution and you must be STABless!)
2). No Fire moves as the Ponyta is STABless.
3). Cannot use any moves that involves stabbing at the foe.
4). Just to make sure that you train this up, you must solo your Rival at victory road and one Pokemon in the E4 that has a horn one it's head!
5). Solo Red's Charizard and Blue's Arcanine as well as Blaine himself.

Have fun because the difficulty is in the simplicity :)

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
IAR, take Pink Dream the Mareep (preferably female, but don't worry about it).

Your Mareep is utterly crushed by the fact that it isn't the shiny version of its species, of which it has only ever seen one--the wisest elder in the history of the Mareep herd that it used to live with.

Mareep wishes to be incredibly wise, just like that elder, in hopes that it can emulate her pink brilliance (after all, Pokemon probably have little recognition of shininess being anything other than a form of divine power). As such, in addition to only being able to use Special moves (easy), your Mareep must solo Falkner.

Additionally, whenever you find it late in the game, Pink Dream must be taught Charge Beam (to buff up her mental prowess).

Evolve Mareep immediately upon reaching level 15. Oh, goodness! It seems that your Mareep's wish has come true! As a Flaaffy, she has finally become pink! Surely this is the result of soloing Falkner!

With new power comes new responsibility! Your Mareep considers herself as wise as the elder back home, and must know two status moves to reflect that. One of these must be Cotton Spore, as the slower your opponent is physically, the slower it must be mentally and therefore your opponent is not as wise as Flaaffy.

No matter when you hit level 30, Flaaffy refuses to give up her claim to pinkdom and fears evolution. Evolve into Ampharos only upon retrieving the SecretPotion for Jasmine and saving Amphy's life.

However, your evolution to Ampharos has left Pink Dream down in the dumps! She realizes how flawed her way of thinking was before now and will always strive to regain her pinkdom, but through her actions instead of her self-centeredness!

To reflect her new power, Pink Dream should be made to solo Clair! Upon defeating the raw power of dragons, Pink Dream finally comes to terms with her yellow coloring and appreciates all of nature!

However, she will always have a part of her that wishes to be pink, so if you've found any Heart Scales, use one of them in Blackthorn to give Pink Dream Fire Punch, which is red and therefore close to pink. Physical moves may now be used. If you haven't found any Heart Scales, teach Pink Dream Light Screen (via level-up or TM).

When you arrive in Kanto, also have Pink Dream defeat Misty!

Condensed List of Requirements:
-Only Special moves until Ampharos relearns Fire Punch (if ever).
-Learn Cotton Spore as a Flaaffy and have an additional status move.
-Evolve to Flaaffy immediately, and to Ampharos upon saving Amphy in the Lighthouse.
-Solo Falkner (Mareep), Clair (Ampharos), and Misty (Ampharos).
-If Pink Dream does not learn Fire Punch, teach her Light Screen. Physical moves may not be used.
-Teach her Charge Beam whenever you find it [Route 7].

P.S. The necessity for Cotton Spore / two status moves does not carry over to Ampharos, it only applies to Flaaffy.

Looking to do a Crystal version challenge, cannot trade, difficulty: not insanely hard. Would like a starter.

All I ask is that my Pokemon reference Homestuck in some way. Haven't read it? give it a look here It's very entertaining, though I will warn you right now that it contains some profanity and sexual references. A lot of profanity, actually. lol

TEAM ADORABLOODTHIRSTY-

Go ahead and catch a Stantler on Route 38 (but they're Night-only, so beware!) and name him Sawbuck.

Because of how Sawbuck in HS was incapacitated (via sleeper hold) your Sawbuck must always know Hypnosis. And, because Sawbuck was a rather large fellow, he must replicate this by learning and keeping Stomp. The other moves are up to you!

To represent Sawbuck's position as number 10, you must use your Stantler to solo 10 Team Rocket members at any point in your game, be it at Mahogany or at the Radio Tower or whatever you like.

Additionally, because Sawbuck was impaled by a lance, you may not use him during the Champion battle against Lance.

Once you arrive in Kanto, Sawbuck should defeat Erika because deer like to eat vegetation.

Take Vriska the Spinarak. Vriska is just like the Vriska of Homestuck, or so she likes to think. She uses her Vision 8fold like, all the time! Except it has a tenancy to just scare the shit out of people instead of helping them... Well in any case use your Vision 8fold (Scary Face) against every opponent you encounter before you attack it. She also is the Theif of Light, so have her learn Theif ASAP to reflect this. She also has mind control powers of course, and this must be reflected 8y either the move Night Shade or a Psychic type attack. Finally, she has so many irons in the fire you wouldn't even know, so make sure she keeps these irons hot by particip8ing in every gym leader and rocket executive 8attle that you encounter. Finally, you can replace Scary face with Spider We8 when the time comes if you wish, so you can tangle your opponents in your we8.

Seraphinu, you get John the male Pidgey. Upon learning Gust, you must keep it until you learn Wing Attack, which must replace Gust. This represents The Windy Thing. John loves to fly, so he must be the only pokemon on your team to learn fly. You may not use it in battle. John must also learn Return ASAP, because he wants to help his friends.

John must never attack a Teddiursa or Ursarang because they remind him of Liv Tyler.

John doesn't believe in using potions of any type, because they are made by Crocker Corp, his mortal enemy.

John must be the first pokemon you catch, because John is the first character encountered in Homestuck.

John must always be next to Vriska in the party.

Solo any E4 member.

Catch a female Weedle called Rose. Rose's strife specibus is set to Needlekind, so you're only allowed to attack the enemy directly with moves that use your stinger; Poison Sting, Fury Attack, Twineedle and Pin Missile.

Rose's sylladex is set to the Tree Fetch Modus. Teach Rose Cut (once a Beedrill), and every time you see a small tree have her cut the root out and cause the leaves to fall everywhere.

Have Rose solo every Meowth and Persian you come across, in memory of her own dead cat.

Rose likes wizards, but feels Sabrina is just mocking her by using so much blatant magic. Have her solo Sabrina

As a Gastly, Aradia is similar to how she is at the beginning of Hivebent. She has no real emotions, telling Vriska that she doesn't care that she killed her. No restrictions as a Gastly to represent this lack of emotion.

When Aradia enters the Soulbot made by Equius, it amplifies all of her emotions (all of them). She attacks Vriska and leaves her to die. Solo Bugsy, and all Spinarak/Araidos you encounter. (Yes, this means you must evolve before Bugsy.)

At this point, Aradia must never be next to Vriska in the party, unless Vriska has fainted.

When Bec Noir enters the Troll's session, Aradia summons thousands of doomed timeline Aradiabots to hold him off for seconds enough for everyone to escape. Attempt to solo Clair, without using any healing items. You must defeat at least the first two pokemon. After that, everyone has escaped, and your other teammates can join the battle.

When Aradia gets a tiger, she becomes more in control of her emotions. If you can, evolve to Gengar, if you can't, no problem. This occurs after defeating the Elite Four for the first time.

Now, Aradia no longer has to solo Spinarak/Ariados, and may be next to Vriska in the party. She does, however, have to solo one gym leader of your choice in Kanto, and one gym trainer from each Kanto gym, to represent her flitting around the dreambubbles.

So my dear friend Alex, take a starter of your choice and name it Alex after yourself! Wait, what does this have to do with Homestuck you may ask? Well you see the premise here is that YOU, yes you, have been entered into POKE SBURB!!! Your fellow teammates are your fellow server members. You are the first to enter the game, and are the Client player of the second Pokemon you obtain. In turn, you are the Server player to the final Pokemon you catch and bring into the game, completing the loop. Your Server Pokemon is responsible for coming in and protecting you whenever you get in trouble (go into red health), and you are responsible for the same for your Client Player.

Additionally, you can alchemize new moves by obtaining Grist! Normal type level up moves only require Build Grist, which you get 1 of for every Pokemon soloed. Each new move requires an amount of Build Grist equivalent to the level it is learned at. STAB Level up moves require the Build Grist in the same way, but also cost Shale Grist as well, which is obtained by soloing Trainers. The first level up STAB move you obtain requires 2 Shale Grist, the second requires 4, the third 6 and so on. Finally, TM moves and HM moves require Build Grist equal to their TM number, as well as one Marble Grist obtained by Soloing a Gym Leader's Pokemon. They also require Shale Grist equal to that you would need for your next level up STAB move.

Thankfully you turned out to be a combat class, so your role is rather simple; focus on taking down the Black Queen and King! These are Claire and Koga Respectively. You must also take down the Denizen of your planet, which is any other Gym Leader of your choice, but must be before the Black Queen is taken on. I have chosen Totodile, mostly out of practicality, as without it I lack a surfing Pokemon and it will make things a hella lot easier if someone on my team can surf. Also, my title shall be Witch of Blood. muwhahahahaa

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving for Seraphinu. Gonna be making a reference to Knock Sawbuck Unconscious using Sawsbuck's deer friend from the second Gen; Stantler!

Go ahead and catch a Stantler on Route 38 (but they're Night-only, so beware!) and name him Sawbuck.

Because of how Sawbuck in HS was incapacitated (via sleeper hold) your Sawbuck must always know Hypnosis. And, because Sawbuck was a rather large fellow, he must replicate this by learning and keeping Stomp. The other moves are up to you!

To represent Sawbuck's position as number 10, you must use your Stantler to solo 10 Team Rocket members at any point in your game, be it at Mahogany or at the Radio Tower or whatever you like.

Additionally, because Sawbuck was impaled by a lance, you may not use him during the Champion battle against Lance.

Once you arrive in Kanto, Sawbuck should defeat Erika because deer like to eat vegetation.

Condensed List of Requirements:
-Hypnosis and Stomp at all times.
-Solo 10 Team Rocket members through the game.
-Not usable against Lance unless necessary (last remaining Pokemon).
-Solo Erika in Kanto.

Hell's yeah I'm reserving a Pokemon for my best friend Seraphinu! Will be a female Spinark... yeah I'm taking Vriska. Sorry User 18, gotta be fastah!

Edit: Take Vriska the Spinarak. Vriska is just like the Vriska of Homestuck, or so she likes to think. She uses her Vision 8fold like, all the time! Except it has a tenancy to just scare the shit out of people instead of helping them... Well in any case use your Vision 8fold (Scary Face) against every opponent you encounter before you attack it. She also is the Theif of Light, so have her learn Theif ASAP to reflect this. She also has mind control powers of course, and this must be reflected 8y either the move Night Shade or a Psychic type attack. Finally, she has so many irons in the fire you wouldn't even know, so make sure she keeps these irons hot by particip8ing in every gym leader and rocket executive 8attle that you encounter. Finally, you can replace Scary face with Spider We8 when the time comes if you wish, so you can tangle your opponents in your we8.

IAR, you get a chikorita as your starter! Nickname it whatever you want.

However, the first time you release it from its pokeball, you are holding the pokeball upsidedown, and inadvertantly injure your pokemon. It becomes unable to use moves with a BP of over 40, and may only use attacking moves. Variable BP moves are NOT allowed.

Professor Elm suggests a rehabilitation program for your pokemon, that will teach it to unlock its abilities.

To unlock the use of moves with a BP of up to 50, solo the entirety of Azalea gym, including Bugsy, without exiting the gym, except once, after beating all the gym trainers. At this point, you may choose to heal your pokemon fully, including all status conditions, then you may use the pokemon center to restore PP. You may use five items total in the gym, four of which must be berries.

In order to unlock evolution, solo Silver in the Burned Tower. You may only use two moves, one of which must be Bullet Seed.

Solo Silver's Sneasel, Haunter, and Typhlosion in Victory Road to unlock the use of moves with up to 60BP, excluding Giga Drain.

In your first run through the Elite Four, you must solo at least five pokemon. Ideally, solo one per member, plus one of Lance's, but if and only if other challenges call for the solo of an E4 member, you may move the solo for that member to another pokemon belonging to another member. This unlocks the ability to learn one support move.

Solo Blue's Gyarados and Machamp to unlock the ability to evolve into Meganium.

Second time through the E4, solo five pokemon in the same fashion as the first time through. This will unlock the ability to use variable BP moves and Giga Drain.

Finally, to complete your pokemon's healing, solo Red's Snorlax. You may not faint, and must use an item every three turns. After this solo is complete, if you use your Meganium in the rest of the battle against Red, you may use whatever you like. No more restrictions.

Oh, and also, for each of your other pokemon, RNG a number between 1 and 3. A 1 means that they must always be lower-levelled than your Chikorita, and a 3 means they must always be higher levelled. 2 means it doesn't matter. You may never challenge a gym leader, the elite four, your rival, or Red if this restriction is not currently met.

Every third time your starter faints, it loses the benefit from the challenge that is farthest away. i.e. the third time, you lose the ability to unlock variable BP moves and Giga Drain. The sixth time, you lose the ability to unlock evolution to Meganium.
You are welcome to teach it moves it can't use yet in anticipation of fulfilling another challenge, but it may only have one unusable move of this type at a time. If you want to eventually teach both Magical Leaf and Light Screen, you will have to pick one to carry through, and one to relearn later, if possible.

If anything is remotely unclear to you, ask me specifically, don't make any assumptions about what I mean.

Have Fun!

Also, I just want to see a Vriska challenge. I really doubt I could do a good one.

Also, I get the John Challenge for Seraphinu.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Accepted KS & Mafeking.

user 18:
This part conflicts with one STABless the Ponyta! said:
Solo Silver's Sneasel, Haunter, and Typhlosion in Victory Road to unlock the use of moves with up to 60BP, excluding Giga Drain.
You might want to change that...

Ok. Change it to soloing all the gym trainers in Pryce's gym without leaving the gym. 5 item limit.

Seraphinu, you get John the male Pidgey. Upon learning Gust, you must keep it until you learn Wing Attack, which must replace Gust. This represents The Windy Thing. John loves to fly, so he must be the only pokemon on your team to learn fly. You may not use it in battle. John must also learn Return ASAP, because he wants to help his friends.

John must never attack a Teddiursa or Ursarang because they remind him of Liv Tyler.

John doesn't believe in using potions of any type, because they are made by Crocker Corp, his mortal enemy.

John must be the first pokemon you catch, because John is the first character encountered in Homestuck.

John must always be next to Vriska in the party.

Solo any E4 member.

Alternative nicknames: Zoosmell or Pooplord.

I should really be writing my own updates right now.

canno

formerly The Reptile
IAR, take Scorpio the Gligar

Scorpio is one of the guardians of the zodiac. His restrictions are based on the zodiac sign.

Loyal
Scorpio must always lead the party. Select one of your Scramblemon. For now on, this Scramblemon shall be referred as Scorpio's Partner.

Passionate
Scorpio cannot battle if its parter faints. If its parter is at red health, you must switch in Scorpio.

Resourceful
Scorpio must always have an item attached to it.

Observant
Scorpio notices all of the possibilities in the gym, thus you must solo every non-gym leader trainer in every gym. You cannot challenge the gym leader until this is done.

Dynamic
Scorpio must learn and keep a physically offensive move ASAP. It must use it at least once per battle.

Jealous
If you have a pokemon that has a higher level than Scorpio, it cannot switch out until it is the highest leveled pokemon on your team. If Scorpio's partner is a higher level than Scorpio, you must make Scorpio 5 levels higher than its partner.

Obsessive
Scorpio must always be out during a double battle with its Partner. If Scorpio enters a battle and its partner is not used at any point during this battle, Scorpio enters depression and cannot be used in battle for 5 battles. You must put him at the back of the party. This restriction has priority over all other restrictions.

Suspicious
Scorpio suspects of his teammates, thus unless another pokemon must solo a gym leader, Scorpio must solo every gym leader.

Manipulative
Scorpio manipulates it teammates into taking Super Effect hits for it. It also manipulates you and forces you to buy one of the most expensive item in each new town. If possible, you must use it on Scorpio.

Unyielding
Scorpio can only learn Level-Up moves. In order for Scorpio to learn a new move, you have to bribe it. Use the below equation to find the price of each move.
(new moves minimum PP)^2 + (old moves max PP)^2 = price of new move
This can be accomplished by tossing items out that have a price equal to the new moves price.

Mafeking, Jim, and user 18, all accepted heartily and with many giggles reading the descriptions. xD

Oh yeah, fyi, I can use the cloning glitch to get more than one starter(it is in fact possible to get all three through this exploit), and I would like to have a starter on my team.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
user 18 is accepted upon review.

The Reptile is accepted, as I love Gligar, HOWEVER, All the mandatory restrictions from this particular challenge, due to the number of clashes, will be of a low priority, that is, all other challenges will override this one in the case of a clash. (For example, if I have to solo a Trainer/Pokemon with another scramblemon, & if that Pokemon's HP falls to red, then Scorpio does not have to be switched in), & "Scorpio manipulates it teammates into taking Super Effect hits for it." will be omitted.

2 to go, also, I somehow now want Threadshot to ruin this scramble...This difficulty a) depresses me, & b) makes Texas' HSCE look a little bit easy...

Ruining now

IAR, take FourthWall, the Scyther. Catch it in the grassy area near the Pokeathlon (you get to the Pokeathlon by going left at the gate, but there's a grassy area to the right of the gate, catch it there), mainly because that's the only place i've found Scythers in HGSS.

This Scyther really doesn't give a damn about your scramble. But it does give a damn about your life. Hence, it's restrictions will all be insanely hard, and will have real consequences. REAL consequences.

Firstly, FourthWall hates all pokemon who are mainly yellow. If FourthWall is ever in a battle against a yellow pokemon (in your party doesn't count, FourthWall has to be the active pokemon), then you must throw out one Berry or one X item. You are not allowed to use this berry or X item on your pokemon for the duration of the Scramble.

Second, If FourthWall ever faints, you must not frequent Smogon.com for a minimum of 2 real days from fainting time. Instead, use the internet for somethign educational instead. Read up on history, for example. Study the economy. Something educational. If you are really hardcore, you'll do this during lunch break at work, too. If you're hardcore.

For each potion or healing item (of HP, you can use Status-removing items without activating this rule) used on your pokemon (any pokemon), you must spend 5 minutes on Smogon.com. Do this at reasonable times, of course. Don't do this at work, or in long sessions where it'll hurt your eyes, common sense applies here. You must be actively surfing Smogon. No constantly pressing F5 or just leaving the browser idle.

Every time you want to learn a new move with FourthWall that is not a Level Up move (so, tutors, TMs, HMs...), you have to agree to replace one car trip you would make, with a trip on public transport. Scyther is a green pokemon, so go green! (well, slightly greener, anyways). If you're late to something, it's your own fault, so try not to do this on your commute to work, because that's just stupid.

When FourthWall is sent into battle, if it does not solo that battle (so, the trainer's entire party, or a wild), then you must change your avatar on Smogon. It must be pokemon related, comply with forum rules, and must be a different pokemon each time. You're on a Gligar right now, so maybe a Mew avvy? Or Gorebyss? The Avatar should contain 'A1' in the bottom right corner, just to boost my ego a bit. ;)

FourthWall must solo 3 Gym Leaders. You get one try to do this per leader (no cheating!), and you have a limit of 9 items total (you can use them over the 3 battles however you'd like, it doesn't have to be 3 per battle). Every time you fail, you must change your Signature (keep the top line with links and crediting and stuff, though).

And finally, if FourthWall doesn't get sent into battle when you turn on your DS each time, then you must give up one of the following things for 2 days: Chocolate, Ice Cream, Crisps/Chips. Alternatively, just give up your favorite food for 2 days. Do this within reason, obviously, and health is more important than a scramble.

Remember, always do this challenge within the limits of common sense and safety first. If you only eat chocolate every day, probably best not to give that up as you'd starve. Be reasonable.

Since this will likely get rejected anyways, i might as well add one more condition. If your party pokemon learn a move that is in Scyther's (or Scizor's) learnable moves list, then you must immediately start another scramble. And replace one more car ride with public transport.

*Remember, do challenge within reasonable limits. If you hut yourself by following the challenge without applying reason, then it's your own fault. I am not in any way responsible for the outcome of this challenge.

IAR, take Lolth the Spinarak (I'm not going to elaborate on the reference, just used it cause its a cool name) It must be the first Spinarak you catch. Its restrictions are based on its nature and gender.
If it has/is:
Male it must learn and keep Poison Sting
Female it must learn and keep Leech Life
A -Atk nature it must learn and keep Fury Swipes
A -Def nature it must learn and keep Toxic
A -SpA nature it must learn and keep Hidden Power
A -SpD nature it must learn and keep Rest
A -Spe nature it must learn and keep Constrict
A neutral nature it must learn and keep String Shot

Whatever it gets, those are the only moves it can use, and it may never evolve. It must solo 2 Gym Leaders of your choice, but it may never use a Super Effective move in either battle. Have fun!

Edit: Oh and have it solo 4 pokes from the E4 both times, and 35 trainers. I felt a little more sadistic than usual.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Ruining now

IAR, take FourthWall, the Scyther. Catch it in the grassy area near the Pokeathlon (you get to the Pokeathlon by going left at the gate, but there's a grassy area to the right of the gate, catch it there), mainly because that's the only place i've found Scythers in HGSS.

This Scyther really doesn't give a damn about your scramble. But it does give a damn about your life. Hence, it's restrictions will all be insanely hard, and will have real consequences. REAL consequences. I don't give a damn about FourthWall period. So allow me to ruin this challenge by abusing the strikeout function! :P

Firstly, FourthWall hates all pokemon who are mainly yellow. If FourthWall is ever in a battle against a yellow pokemon (in your party doesn't count, FourthWall has to be the active pokemon), then you must throw out one Berry or one X item. You are not allowed to use this berry or X item on your pokemon for the duration of the Scramble. That's fair game.

Second, If FourthWall ever faints, you must not frequent Smogon.com for a minimum of 2 real days from fainting time. Instead, use the internet for somethign educational instead. Read up on history, for example. Study the economy. Something educational. If you are really hardcore, you'll do this during lunch break at work, too. If you're hardcore. Sorry, no can do.

For each potion or healing item (of HP, you can use Status-removing items without activating this rule) used on your pokemon (any pokemon), you must spend 5 minutes on Smogon.com. Do this at reasonable times, of course. Don't do this at work, or in long sessions where it'll hurt your eyes, common sense applies here. You must be actively surfing Smogon. No constantly pressing F5 or just leaving the browser idle. Don't I do this anyway?

Every time you want to learn a new move with FourthWall that is not a Level Up move (so, tutors, TMs, HMs...), you have to agree to replace one car trip you would make, with a trip on public transport. Scyther is a green pokemon, so go green! (well, slightly greener, anyways). If you're late to something, it's your own fault, so try not to do this on your commute to work, because that's just stupid. I commute on a bus anyway.

When FourthWall is sent into battle, if it does not solo that battle (so, the trainer's entire party, or a wild), then you must change your avatar on Smogon. It must be pokemon related, comply with forum rules, and must be a different pokemon each time. You're on a Gligar right now, so maybe a Mew avvy? Or Gorebyss? The Avatar should contain 'A1' in the bottom right corner, just to boost my ego a bit. ;) I can always change to different Gligar avvys, but I prefer this one, thank you. Also, I'm not even going to bother giving you credit.

FourthWall must solo 3 Gym Leaders. You get one try to do this per leader (no cheating!), and you have a limit of 9 items total (you can use them over the 3 battles however you'd like, it doesn't have to be 3 per battle). Every time you fail, you must change your Signature (keep the top line with links and crediting and stuff, though). Meh. I can simply change one word anyway.

And finally, if FourthWall doesn't get sent into battle when you turn on your DS each time, then you must give up one of the following things for 2 days: Chocolate, Ice Cream, Crisps/Chips. Alternatively, just give up your favorite food for 2 days. Do this within reason, obviously, and health is more important than a scramble. *coughcoughloopholecoughcough*

Remember, always do this challenge within the limits of common sense and safety first. If you only eat chocolate every day, probably best not to give that up as you'd starve. Be reasonable.

Since this will likely get rejected anyways, i might as well add one more condition. If your party pokemon learn a move that is in Scyther's (or Scizor's) learnable moves list, then you must immediately start another scramble. And replace one more car ride with public transport. lol, & like I said, I commute by bus anyway. Also, the mass strikeouts are saying something...

*Remember, do challenge within reasonable limits. If you hut yourself by following the challenge without applying reason, then it's your own fault. I am not in any way responsible for the outcome of this challenge.
And many edits later, it has finally been accepted, though it now has far less implications than before...In real life...

...And Professor Science is accepted, turning what was supposed to be a "reasonable scramble" into a potentially award-wining scramble, since I didn't ask for anything this hard...Fuck you all. :P

I guess I should've been more clear. That wasn't a serious challenge. I'm just fed up of people deliberately waiting for me to post something insanely hard, so from now on whenever people deliberately wait for me I'm going to post something completely insane and ridiculous to the point where no one would ever take it. I ruin people's lives when I want to. I don't do it whenever someone asks me to. :(

But I suppose you can take is one if you want. Else, I can give you something more reasonable and still difficult.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Well, if you want...Also, I never specificly asked you to give me one anyway, I just felt as if...Meh...Go nuts.

That is, I'd prefer a different challenge, but that's if you want to waste 20 minutes of your life to do so. FourthWall is crazy, but...Yeah.

EDIT: KS, It's not just you, but all the other challenges I got as well. Nevertheless, I'll start soon, if Threadshot doesn't want to change...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)