Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reserving last mon for More Cowbell.

---

More Cowbell, take Comatose the Scyther. Catch it in the Bug-Catching Contest.

As soon as this Scyther woke up this morning, it got encountered by a trainer, stuffed into a ball smaller than the size of its head and trooped off for show. It won first prize, but, well, its day wasn't off to a really good start.

Ever since that morning, this Scyther has developed an irrational fear for balls.

All balls.

*start Challange*

Hence, while it is out in battle, you cannot throw any balls. Also, it refuses to be placed into a Ball while it is still conscious and hence must always be the walking Pokemon with you and cannot be recalled unless it is asleep or has fainted. And, every time it faints, it gets kinda pissed off. Evidently, since you don't care enough about it to keep it conscious, it doesn't need to care about you. Why should it learn the moves you want to teach it?

So, after Scyther faints once, it will refuse to learn any HMs you try to teach it.

After it faints twice or more, it's had it. It's enough to fall into a life-threatening coma once, but twice? Great Arceus' Balls! (Oh no not balls please nooooo) At this point, Scyther will reject any moves you try to teach it whose base power is above 40. Before you think you can get away with Technician boosts, you should know that this Scyther failed its vocational training degree. So Technician is out. Sorry.

Move tutors are somewhat better; they don't leave it to die when it encounters a giant flaming bird of death. So, it can learn move tutor moves, but only those adhering to the above restrictions (depending on how many times Scyther has died fallen into a coma).

By the time it reaches Kanto, it's had enough of you humans. Every time it faints from now on, it will subsequently sneak into your backpack and toss out the first TM it finds. After a while, it realises it's run out of TMs to toss. If you ever run out of TMs to toss, toss out five items from your main compartment. And, of course, it won't go near the ball compartment.

When it finally reaches Blue, it goes all out and spares no expense to annoy you. It will only use moves which are resisted by the opponent, just to piss you off. If it doesn't have any moves resisted by the opponent, it will choose to use False Swipe, because it doesn't want other Pokemon to share the same fate as it has, fainting over and over and over again.

Ever since it won the prize in the Bug-Catching Contest, it can never forget the glory of being number one. As such, it must always be the highest level Pokemon in your party.

Good luck; you'll need it.
I'm afraid I'm going to turn this one down, it's too complicated. This way I will essentially end up with an over-leveled Scyther with shitty moves, while all my other Pokémon didn't get a chance to fight since Scyther is always out. I do appreciate the work you put into the challenge, though :)

Right now I'm awaiting one more Pokémon from a prior reservation, and since I turned down Level 51's challenge, I need one more (Level 51, I assume
you still want to do this? But a little easier? :P), and then we're good to go!

I will try updating once every 10 or so in-game hours, and once I don't have as much homework, I'll probably attempt handing out some challenges to others too.

*steals Level 51's slot*

I'll give you one Cowbell, gimme a second.

Take Shear, the *insert species here*. Shear operates on a factor, and this factor is applied based on his opponents level. There's a formula for this, which i'll go into below.

Firstly, select 6 pokemon you could want for this challenge (must be all from different evolution lines, so no choosing something like Scyther and Scizor). Roll a die to select which one you get (list the pokemon in alphabetical order, with one being the first and 6 being the last).

When you catch Shear, it has a factor of (1/(#of pokeball you used to catch it (including the one that caught it)). That means if you caught it on your second attempt, it starts with a factor of a half.

Whenever you switch Shear into a battle, you have a move limit. This limit is (your opponent's first pokemon's level * Shear's factor * 0.5). So you you're facing a level 40 Typhlosion with Shear's factor at (1/2), then you have a limit of 10 moves (moves being each turn you use, be it switching, item usage or attacking). You must lead with Shear into battle in every battle against a significant enemy (Gym Leader, E4, Enemy Admin, Rival, etc.). If it is a solo, then lead with Shear to set your move limit, and then switch out first turn, where the first turn switch is not counted against the move limit). If you don't finish the opponent within the allotted move limit, you must throw out P3000 worth of items, but Shear's factor increases by 0.1. If you do beat the opponent, then Shear's factor goes down by 0.2.

I tried to keep this one as easy as i could. :)

Recap:
Select 6 species, roll a die to select which you get
Shear's factor:

• When you catch Shear, it's factor is (1 / # of pokeballs to catch it)
  • Lead with Shear in every significant battle (switch out for solos, that turn is not counted towards the move limit)
  • You may use moves up to this number: (Shear's Factor * (1/2) * Opponent's first pokemon's level)
  • Beat opponent's within this move limit: Shear's factor decreases by 0.2
  • Beat opponent after move limit has expired: Shear's factor increases by 0.1, throw out P3000 worth of items.
  • The move limit applies to all your pokemon in that battle, and is decreased by 1 whenever a turn passes (whether you used a move or not).
Note: If the move limit is a decimal, always ROUND UP. Even if it's something like 6.000000000001, that still counts as 7.

I toned it WAY down with Shear. It's as easy as i could make it while still being me. It's only annoying thing is that you have to know how to do basic multiplication.

Cowbell, you're doomed

Treadshot's easy challenges are hard :P
I know, during my last Scramble (a year ago, maybe?), Treadshot was already known for his devilishly hard challenges.

I toned it WAY down with Shear. It's as easy as i could make it while still being me. It's only annoying thing is that you have to know how to do basic multiplication.
Shear seems doable, I'll take it :) I have a feeling I'm going to be bankrupt a lot of the time, though. I do like how I can essentially pick the Pokémon I want (or at least one of six I want). Thanks!

Basically the idea is to keep a delicate balance. The more you win within the limit, the lower the limit goes. The more you lose, the more the limit goes up, but you end up throwing out items and going bankrupt. And you must enact the limit in each significant battle.

So, the question is: Do you go in with lots of money and few turns (which means you won't be able to use many items anyways), or do you go in with all the time in the world, but very few items?

*Note that if you can't pay P3000 of items when you don't beat the limit you will be deemed a Scramble failure. Just sayin'. I mean, it's not like it's any form of pressure or anything.... lol ;)

Basically the idea is to keep a delicate balance. The more you win within the limit, the lower the limit goes. The more you lose, the more the limit goes up, but you end up throwing out items and going bankrupt. And you must enact the limit in each significant battle.

So, the question is: Do you go in with lots of money and few turns (which means you won't be able to use many items anyways), or do you go in with all the time in the world, but very few items?

*Note that if you can't pay P3000 of items when you don't beat the limit you will be deemed a Scramble failure. Just sayin'. I mean, it's not like it's any form of pressure or anything.... lol ;)
So, essentially, if I win a battle, my next one will be harder, and the other way around? Amd there is no way to increase my limit, except for losing? Say, I start of with a value of 1/2, that means that I won't have any turns to spend after three won battles, after which I have to lose two to get enough value to win a battle again, or I will need to throw out items? Damn, this is going to be one broke run. Scramble failure inbound.

Edit: Oh wait, I don't have to lead with Shear in every battle, that should ease things up a bit.

Yeah, it's just the major battles.

The idea was to make it that the more you win, the harder it gets, while losing (*well, it's not losing, it's winning but after the move limit) makes it easier, but it comes at a cost.

Simple idea really. I just A1-ified it. In other words, it's now 1000000000x harder than it rightfully should be. :)

Yeah, it's just the major battles.

The idea was to make it that the more you win, the harder it gets, while losing (*well, it's not losing, it's winning but after the move limit) makes it easier, but it comes at a cost.

Simple idea really. I just A1-ified it. In other words, it's now 1000000000x harder than it rightfully should be. :)
At least it's not a Mono-Electric Pachirisu, I remember that from last time

Mandibuzz and cowbell, your callenge will be up tommorow, i have a chronic case of the flu. :-(

Actually, fuck the flu.
Stall mandinbuzz you said you wanted a water type, well you will get on with a twist, DUN DUN DUNNNN
Take fishy the

Yes i am serious, fishy must have hp water, fishy is very competitive with its species, lead the team through the soloaceon ruins and any water routes. Fishy like to take things slow, turn the text speed to slow, never press A when somebody is talking, only walk when fishy leads the party.
Solo Volkner as it wants to overcome the weakness it has (but not really).
After soloing volker it realizes, its a psychic type. Solo aaron

Cowbell, take snips the krabby . Snips must be caught in the cliff cave, to prove himself, he has to learn only STAB moves 2 of which must be special.
solo the next available non-pryce gym leader, to evolve into kingler. snips now realizes he is a motha fuckin power house, learn 4 physical moves ASAP. Solo bruno and lance as they are cocky and think they are more manly that snips.

have fun both of you

Taking Pokemon for a white scramble, my Soulsilver scramble is indefinitely postponed, until i find my ss.

-Difficulty, hard but possible
-No no-evo pokemon, or ones that can't evolve til way past their normal evo level
-Starter will be Snivy
-I'll take as many pokemon as you'll give me and choose 4
-Other two spots are for HM slaves
-No adding restrictions to other pokemon
-Trading is possible
-I want a Shroomish
-Reservations, as long as you need
-I'll probably start the weekend after next

'Mons

Edit: I'll get you a Darumaka instead, gimme a sec

Catch a Darumaka, which you may evolve into a Darmanitan as soon as you wish. Because it has lived in Unova's deserts for so long, it can't stand the heat anymore, and refuses to go near fire. This means it won't be able to use any fire moves, or fight against Pokémon of the fire-type. Eventually, it will have to overcome its fears; this means that from level 50 to 55, Darmanitan will have to solo every single fire-Pokémon you and your team encounter. Now it has overcome its fears, it's time to prove its new strength: Darmanitan must solo 5 Pokémon at the Elite 4. It still refuses to use fire-moves though; knowing how much the heat can hurt, he just doesn't want to inflict that pain onto others.

Recap:

- 'Liberate' a Darumaka from the desert
- Don't fight any fire-types until level 50
- From level 50 to 55, solo every fire-type you encounter
- Solo 5 E4-Pokémon
- Don't use any fire-moves

Not as good or original as some of the other Pokémon posted out here, but I'm a bit rusty with this kinda stuff :)

Skyshayde, catch yourself a Pidove and name him Chance.
This Pidove must have the ability Super Luck.

This Pidove is all about rolling the dice, trying to gamble his way into the best possible outcome in each battle.
Each time he is sent out in trainer battles, flip a coin twice on every action. (H=Heads, T=Tails)
If HH, use the move in the top left slot.
If HT, use the move in the top right slot.
If TH, use the move in the bottom left slot.
If TT, use the move in the bottom right slot.

If he scores a critical hit against the foe, he decides that luck is in his favor and can attack normally for the remainder of the battle.

He must solo Burgh and Skyla. Good luck!

Alright I'd like to try a scramble challange on a platinum game.

• I can trade, but only to evolve
  • I don't want to breed
  • I don't want more than 2 of the same type
  • I want them with nicknames, as my creativity at that area is lacking
  • I'd like to have a backstory with everything too
  • I don't mind grinding a little bit, though nothing silly
  • Starter is not a must

Well that's about it, you can reserve a spot if you like, though I do like to keep the right to reject something if I think it is something that's impossible or useless. I'll start after I get a full team.

Voting is now open for the 7th Scramble Awards! (or the Page 200 awards for the new thread). Please read the Voting thread in the Social Group and then vote VIA PM.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Also reserving for Bidoof Rocks.

Bidoof Rocks, take a...Bidoof. And name it Moody. Obviously, the ability Moody was banned by Smogon not because it was overpowered and added too much luck to the game, but because it made Bibarel able to humiliate them and their painstakingly copied Tyranitar/Scizor/Heatran cores. But now you get a chance to experience the power of Moody for yourself.

As soon as possible, your Bidoof must know 3 boosting moves. Once it knows 3 stat boosting moves it may evolve into Bibarel. In both forms, you must alternate turns with using moves to effectively simulate Moody; on the turn you switch in, use a randomly chosen boosting move; the next turn, attack or heal, and so on. Solo a Gym Leader of your choice with this restriction and 3 boosting moves, and you may replace one of your pure boosting moves with another move, though that move must still raise your stats, it may also do damage.

Have fun!

Alright I'd like to try a scramble challange on a platinum game.

• I can trade, but only to evolve
  • I don't want to breed
  • I don't want more than 2 of the same type
  • I want them with nicknames, as my creativity at that area is lacking
  • I'd like to have a backstory with everything too
  • I don't mind grinding a little bit, though nothing silly
  • Starter is not a must

Well that's about it, you can reserve a spot if you like, though I do like to keep the right to reject something if I think it is something that's impossible or useless. I'll start after I get a full team.
Reserving

Edit: Your starter is going to be CptSlow the Turtwig. Despite his name, this Turtwig thinks he's a speedy mofo, but besides that, he is also very childish. This means that he's only willing to battle opponents that are slower than him, and goes out of the way of faster opponents (by means of switching out). If, however, he is not the first one to attack in a 1v1, you will have to replace one of his moves by a new one, since CptSlow loses morale upon losing races (priority moves don't count in this, since CptSlow considers this to be childish and unfair. This clause goes into effect once you catch your second Pokémon). To prove his worth, CptSlow needs to solo two gymleaders of choice.

Recap:
- Take CptSlow the Turtwig as your starter
- Can only battle opponents that are slower than him
- If he ends up losing a race for first attack, replace a move
- Solo two gymleaders of choice

Good luck!

Reserving for bidoof rocks, assuming medium difficulty. :)

Edit: bidoof rocks, take a Shellos called Wallow.

Wallow simply adores mud. Can't get enough of the stuff. If there were competitions for liking mud the most, he'd take a landslide victory every time.

Since Wallow is so obsessed with the stuff, he must know at least two moves that mention mud as soon as possible. While mud is a combination of water and dirt, too much water will wash Wallow's mud away; if Wallow uses or is hit by a Water-type attack, his next move must be a mud move in order to replenish his supply. This restriction doesn't apply if the Water-type move used was Muddy Water.

To evolve into Gastrodon, Wallow must prove that mud is thicker than water; solo Crasher Wake, ignoring the Water-type attack restriction when fighting Gyarados.

Note: The choices for mud moves are Mud-Slap, Mud Sport, Mud Bomb and Muddy Water. If you catch a Shellos at lv11 or higher then you'll miss out on Mud Slap and you'll be stuck with Mud Sport for quite a while. The first area where you can catch them has Shellos in the range 9-12.

Also, I'm really sorry about the "mud is thicker than water" pun. That was truly abysmal.

Bidoof rocks: You get Shion the Espeon. Shion is based on the Magic Bounce Espeons seen often in the glory days of gen V competitive Pokémon battles. It must solo Fantina as an Eevee, Maylene as an Espeon. You must switch it in if you see a status move from the foe, except during a solo. It must also finish off at least three Pokémon belonging to the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)