Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Um Naix, Brown isn't a colour of the rainbow :| I guess you could ask MysticZap if he'd allow that.

As for MysticZap, take Blue the Sunkern.

Blue is sad that no one likes it (and so, no one really uses it). As a trainer, your duty is to perk it up. Its sadness level begins at 20; each time its HP enters the red zone, add 2 to its sadness counter. Each time it faints, add 4. If its sadness ever reaches 40, you lose the Scramble and must start all over.

Fortunately for you, there are ways to make Blue happier. Each time you make it use Sunny Day, take away 3 from the sadness counter; each time you feed it a Rare Candy, take away 4 from the sadness counter. When the sadness counter reaches 0, Blue may evolve. If somehow its sadness counter reaches -40, rename Blue :).

As for its restrictions:
If the sadness counter is at 20 and above, Blue must open each battle by using Frustration at least 3 times.
If the sadness counter is between 1 and 19 inclusive, Blue must open each battle by using Frustration.
If the sadness counter is at 0, Blue must open each battle by using Return.
If the sadness counter is negative, Blue has no restrictions.

GL;HF! :>

Also shinyskarm, your update was... interesting

If that's the case, I withdraw my challange, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I probably should've guessed that would happen.

KS, take a Petilil. How can you get a Petilil, you may ask? By trading a Cottonee for the level 20 one on Route 4 named Petulia! <3

Petulia loves powders of all kinds, as she loves putting on makeup. As such, she must know one spore/powder attack at all times. However, she is very close to nature. You may only use Grass-type attacking moves. Also, she casts disdain on any non-natural healing materials. You may only use EnergyPowder and friends, in addition to berries in order to heal her outside of a Pokemon Center. The PC is like a spa, so she's OK with that. In addition, because she disagrees with her fashion sense, she must solo Elesa. Only then can Petulia evolve.

Have fun <3
Ok, as you said Grass-type attacking moves, I assume you mean grass-type damaging moves, so support moves can be of ANY type (A.K.A. Quiver Dance). I am good with the PC healing, as well, but I am allowed to use the Nurse with her on the team so long as she is at full HP/PP, correct? Finally, I would normally be OK with soloing Elesa, but that Emolga has a STAB Aerial Ace against an NFE. Zebra's Flame Charge is unSTABbed, so I believe she can easily take a hit and Sleep Powder the thing. Also, Emogla resists all offensive moves allowed. Could you possibly change the solo?

Alright KS, I know you're waiting for one from me >:P sooooo

Take a Zubat and name it Anti-flapper. Anti-flapper must never wield a berry of any sort. In fact, Anti-flapper may never wield any hold items at all. Anti-flapper can evolve completely, but only by soloing a gym leader of your choice for each evolution (there are NEVER evolution solos for flapper!).

Good luck and enjoy! I just beat black 2 myself last night :P so I'll be asking for my own scramble for Emerald soon.
Ah, Crobat, how I have missed your awesomeness from my first run in Pearl :3 As for the hold items dis-allowed, I would be doing that anyway :P STAB Base 110 Acrobatics :D

I do wish to have some clarification on the evolution restrictions because I feel rather slow today. Does Flapper have to solo a Gym Leader? Or does another of my mons have to solo a Gym Leader per evolution?

NOTE: Once I have these questions answered, I'll set up an OP and begin the scramble. Thanks for the mons :D

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Fairenough.

She can only use Special offensive moves. That should free you up.

EDIT: Nurses are ok, as they're female. Doctors...she has to be at full health.

She's a feminist.

Hey guys I'm back and looking for a scramble for Black 2. I can't trade well maybe except to evolve mons (Ill just ask Level-51 for help). Medium to Hard difficulty tbh I'm fine with anything but just don't make it to hard and finally I would appreciate(but its not necessary) a starter that's not Tepig.
Scramblemons
1. Splias the Maractus
2. Drunken the Frillish
3. Evil the Emolga (This is gonna give me nightmares)
4. Conformist the Mincinno
5. Ekans the Snivy
6. Nurture the Venipede

And hop on #orangeislands guys its a wonderful channel full of great people ^.^

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Wobbanaut, you get the most evil Pokemon in the entire Pokemon series:

Emolga.

It must solo your choice of:
* Clay's Sandslash, or
* Clay's Excadrill, or
* Kyurem-Black without using a super-effective move and without outleveling it by more than 5 levels.

Good luck!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Wobbanaut, take Conformist the Minccino.

This is the Minccino yuo're guaranteed to find in the Hidden Hollow Bianca shows you. It is aware that is different from other Minccino, and doesn't like to show it. Therefore, it may never use any multi-hit moves. Also, it may only use level-up moves.

However, it gradually comes out of its shell (to a degree) and shows its difference from the other Minccino. It must solo Skyla to evolve. Once it evolves, it may use one TM/HM move and one multi-hit move. Also, change its name to Elegance.

Have fun!

@KS
Anti-flapper needs to do the soloing of course :P

@Wobbanaut
Take a Snivy and name it Ekans. Yeah, it's one of those Pokemon. It thinks it's an Ekans. Thankfully it thinks it's a SPECIAL Ekans so you can teach it one STAB move of 65 BP or less (not counting STAB). All the other moves must be moves that the Ekans evolutionary lines can learn (egg, tutor and other moves apply). Furthermore, your "Ekans" thinks it must hunt small birds and mice for food. So have it solo all trainer owned Ratatta, Raticate, Patrat, Watchog, Emolga, and Pidove you encounter. Good luck!

@MysticZap if you make a summary of what you've gotten so far and what difficulties they qualify for I'll prepare one for you, but things are a little unclear right now so I'm gonna wait a bit.

Hey guys I'm back and looking for a scramble for Black 2. I can't trade well maybe except to evolve mons (Ill just ask Level-51 for help). Medium to Hard difficulty tbh I'm fine with anything but just don't make it to hard and finally I would appreciate(but its not necessary) a starter that's not Tepig.
Wobbanaut:
Take a venipede and name it Nurture. It wants to be nurtured steadily, so it cannot use too powerful moves. In can only use moves with a maximum base power of 2 times his level (excluding stab for ease and giving you a damaging when you catch it at level 10 (poison sting)).
It wants to knock out at least one pokemon of every gym leader and the champion, unless one of them happens to be solo'ed by another team member.

GL

reserved for MysticZap (yellow)

edit:
Take Yellow the Mareep. This Mareep is completely yellow, and therefore can only use electric-type attacks, as they are indeed yellow. It can learn any supportive move (not-damaging)it wants, at these are not ment to show of its yellowness.

GL

reserved for Furret,so I'll give you one.

edit:
You get Psyched the Ralts. This lovely little psychic types only wants to use moves of this beatiful type. A very specific moveset as well: Calm Mind, Future Sight, Hypnosis and Dream Eater will be its final moveset. Get it as quickly as possible. It wants to solo two gym leaders, which it has to beat after boosting to +6 / +6 with calm mind. It can only attack the gym leaders then, because it gets reeeaaalllly nervous when it faces a gym leader, so it has to calm itself down completely before attempting to do any damage to them.

It is nervous, so it will evolve later than normal. RNG a number between 20 and 30 for its first evolutionary level, and a number between 35 and 40 for its second evolutionary level.

GL

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
My last Scramble kinda died, so I'll post another one.

Starting a Diamond Scramble!

Rules:
1. I would like Piplup to be my starter, and I would like a Scramble for it.
2. I would like to have at least two Pokemon by the time I challenge the first gym.
3. Nothing hellishly difficult, but I would appreciate a slight challenge.
4. I can't trade in Pokemon, but I can do trade evolutions.
5. That's about it.
6. Get to it! ;P

MY TEAM:

empty...

My last Scramble kinda died, so I'll post another one.

Starting a Diamond Scramble!

Rules:
1. I would like Piplup to be my starter, and I would like a Scramble for it.
2. I would like to have at least two Pokemon by the time I challenge the first gym.
3. Nothing hellishly difficult, but I would appreciate a slight challenge.
4. I can't trade in Pokemon, but I can do trade evolutions.
5. That's about it.
6. Get to it! ;P

MY TEAM:

empty...

reserving piplup

You get Attack the Piplup. Remember Dawn's piplup as it was in the beginning? It wanted to peck at everything (or bumb into them). As such, as a piplup and prinplup, it can only use its physical level-up moves. When it evolves into Empoleon, it will become more serious. Rename it Calm. As an Empoleon, Calm can only use special attacks, so replace your attacks (heart scale, tms/ hms, or level up. You can also keep special attacks as a piplup or prinplup but simply do not use them until you are an Empoleon). It wants to use the weakest attack against the opponent, except when challenges its rival: Crasher Wake. Calm has to solo Crasher Wake. Additionally, he wants to solo your rival's Turtwig (and evo's), because it is obviously better than it. GL

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
UllarWarlord, you get Joey the Bidoof. Joey is in the top 1% of Bidoof! Unfortunately for Joey, it has a genetic defect that prevents evolution, so it can't evolve to Bibarel. Joey must always be the highest level Pokemon in your party, and must solo the lead Pokemon in every battle against Barry. Good luck!

Edit: Take GUTS(yes all caps) the Shroomish. GUTS the Shroomish is under the impression that it has guts, and thus, you may not use any status healing items or moves on it. In order to evolve, GUTS must solo one gym leader and three trainers that resist one of its STABs while under the effects of a status condition. GUTS the Shroomish must also be Brave natured.
GL HF
@Furret162, take Nuzlocke the Makuhita. Nuzlocke is under the impression that you are actually doing a Nuzlocke, and as such, when Nuzlocke faints you must go and catch another Makuhita (this repeats for all Makuhitas). No other restrictions.
Furret162, take KyOgre the Magikarp. KyOgre the Magikarp was raised by Kyogre the legendary in ages past, and thinks itself a Kyogre. After KyOgre the Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, you can only teach it moves that Kyogre the legendary learns in Pokemon Sapphire. Good luck!

Furret162, take a Mudkip and name it whatever you want. Your only restriction is that Mudkip cannot learn Earthquake, Ice Beam, Surf, Brick Break or Muddy Water and has to solo every Grass type used in Gym battles/E4 unless it conflicts with some other solo requirement. If this is too easy/too hard, I can change it. Grass type solo was changed to solo 3 E4 Pokemon.
Furret, take a Surskit and name it Brave. Brave doesn't care that he's a tiny little water strider, and won't ever back down from a fight! Brave refuses to ever be switched out of a fight. Brave also refuses to be held back against gym leaders and other major fights, because he's not weak and scared! Have him solo at least one of ever gym leader's and Elite Four's Pokemon that is not being solo'd by something else. He can only evolve after having completed one of these solos. Good luck!
You get Psyched the Ralts. This lovely little psychic types only wants to use moves of this beatiful type. A very specific moveset as well: Calm Mind, Future Sight, Hypnosis and Dream Eater will be its final moveset. Get it as quickly as possible. It wants to solo two gym leaders, which it has to beat after boosting to +6 / +6 with calm mind. It can only attack the gym leaders then, because it gets reeeaaalllly nervous when it faces a gym leader, so it has to calm itself down completely before attempting to do any damage to them.

It is nervous, so it will evolve later than normal. RNG a number between 20 and 30 for its first evolutionary level, and a number between 35 and 40 for its second evolutionary level.
I'll start the challenge as soon as I receive Pokemon Ruby in the mail.

Our story begins fifty years ago, thirteen years after Unova's discovery. The biggest town was Mistralton City. With the recent making of Airplanes, the town grew rapidy before suddenly shrinking due to a massive winter storm that killed off 2/3's of the population. The Gym Leader, Stralton, sent word to his wife in Hoenn. She, being the wife of a Gym Leader, went directly to Drake Industries and convienced him to send a plane full of supplies to Mistralton. Drake agreed and loaded his company's largest cargo plane and had it sent directly to Unova. As the plane was loaded in record time in the Desert location, no one noticed as a young trainer and his Cacturn snuck aboard the cargo hold........

The flight was a non-stop 12hour run. Normally, the plane would have landed on Seven Island for refueling, but the situation was an emergency. Every minute that was spent refueling meant someone was closer to death. It turns out that this was a mistake........

When the plane flew over the Resort Desert, the heavy duty Rayquaza Class engines causes a special strumming of the atmosphere that was highly similar to a "Challenge Strum" for Volcarona.

Down below, in the Relic Castle, a powerful and ancient Volcarona rose up from its home and into the sky. The plane was forced to slow down to half-speed over the desert, so the Volcarona had no problems catching it. It began firing Bug Buzzes to distort the air in front of the threat and confuse it before attacking the the engines with Infernos and Fiery Dances. Three of the engines went down before the Point-Defense systems activated and drove the Volcarona away.

Inside the plane, the pilots were left with little choice but to completely empty Cargo Holds 1 and 4 in order to lighten the load..........

Inside Cargo Hold 4, the young trainer and his Cacturn heard a rumbling and held close to each other as the back of the hold opened 2500 feet in the sky. The trainer looked at Cacturn and said, "This looks like the end of the line, Brea. I am happy to have been your friend."

The suction of the outside pulled everything in the hold out of the plane. The trainer and the Cacturn were seperated instantly. The trainer slammed into a boxed snowmobile, unconsious. Cacuturn slammed through a box and activated its parachute mechanism, thus slowing its fall. On the ground, boxes of equipment landed everywhere crushing Dwebble and Crustle alike. Only one box made it safely to the ground.....

One week later, the Cacturn, having given up on looking for her trainer and having eaten and drink all the supplies it could find, picked up its recently laid egg and began to move across the expansive desert. After stumbing around for almost a week, Cacturn realized that she'll be dead soon. That is when Cacturn did a very rare thing that's almost never seen in captivity. Cacturn sacrificed its body in order to allow the survival of its young. Cacturn sliced open its lower torso with a large needle and placed the egg in the large water sac. Cacturn then closed the hole and stuck many carefully placed needles together in order to sew the large, self-inficted wound. Cacturn then crawled into a small cave and made a bowl-like crater into the ground. Then, in its final voluntary act it extended its roots through a crack and into the shallow, underground river. Then it concentrated all its internal water in its body and away from its vital organs into its water sac. This will ensure that the young will hatch........

Unbeknownst to anyone, the cave that the Cacturn chose was very radioactive. In fact, this same radioactivity began to liquify the body of the Cacturn and cause mutations within the egg.

After about three weeks, the egg hatches, surrounded by a greenish sludge that used to be its mother. The head that emerges from the sludge is not a Cacnea, instead, it is something new. This unknown creature hops on a single foot away from the odd glowing sludge and into the desert.

Fifty years later, there are many cities throughout Unova and even its own Pokemon League set up. In the desert, the very first Maractus revealed itself as an asexual creature. This feature allowed this strange creature to thrive in the desert. Its very small size and very strong durability for a grass type allow it to drive out most creatures in its territory...........

Ok, Wobbanaut, if you have not figured out what pokemon that you are going to use yet, I'll be a nice guy and let you know know: Maractus

Ok, seeing as the Maractus is very common and is actually becoming an bother to the very few desert farmers, you will be assigned to grab one and "Relocate" it permently in your party. The farmers are not worried about the ones with Chlorophyll, so you are Prohibited from catching one with that ability. You must set free any Maractus with Chlorophyll.

Once you capture your Water Absorb Maractus, you are going to have an overachiever on your team. This little creature believes that it is a monk, a monk with a strict honor code. In fact, his name, Spilas, means "Great Peacegiver" in the Maractus language.

As a "Great Peacegiver," Spilas believes in old traditions. Teach him Acupressure ASAP. In order to battle, Spilas must use Acupressure first when it enters a battle.

Spilas knows that most times, peace cannot go on. He uses his acrobatic style of combat where he Bounces around the foe and hits pressure points causes paralysis.

All monks utilize the power of nature in combat and can use it to heal or cause intense pain upon others. Learn one Grass-Type attack.

Finally, monks have to use Shadow-Arts to bring forth the darker energies of nature. Learn Sucker Punch.

He has always admired the peaceful abilities of the "Power-Fighter" Draden. You must solo him (Draden) in order to prove that power is not everything one requires for victory.

In the Elite 4, chose one member to solo the first time and another member to solo the second.

• Maractus named Spilas
  • Must have Water Absorb as an ability
  • Must know Acupressure, Sucker Punch, Grass-type damaging move, and Bounce
  • Must use Acupressure first when it appears in battle
  • Must solo Draden
  • Must solo one E4 member the first time and a different one the second time.

Alright, might as well do this thing.

I'm taking a scramble for Emerald, to be used in my next Let's Play. All my updates will be video updates. I'm hoping to translate the style from my written updates to video updates, so it won't be exactly like other Let's Plays in the way it's edited together.

Anyway, here's what I want:
1. Hard difficulty, though not insane. Remember this is all going to be recorded, though I will cut out any grinding I do.
2. Make sure the challenges can be summarized easily. I intend to have little bios at the end of my videos and when Pokemon are introduced, and overly complicated Scramblemons won't fit into the bios!
3. 6 mons in total. I will be using HM slaves if necessary.
4. I cannot trade for any reason, as I'll be using an emulator (necessary so I can record it in decent quality. I DO actually own a physical copy btw.)
5. Careful with berry/contest related challenges. I'm not sure how the in-game clock will work with an emulator, so berries might be in short supply.
6. No killing off other scrambler's Pokemon. Thank you Treadshot for making it so this actually needs to be a rule.
7. No exceedingly tedious challenges. I'll judge this and reserve the right to refuse on these grounds.
8. I WILL cherry-pick out good challenges. This is going to be a publicly viewable Let's Play, so if the quality of your challenge isn't up to scratch I reserve the right to reject it.
9. Try to avoid giving me the same Pokemon I was given in my Sapphire Scramble some time back. This means no Mudkip, Makuhita, Zigzagoon, Poocheyna, Baltoy or Shroomish. If you can try to avoid Pokemon I've had in other scrambles too. You can check the archive linked to in my signature for a list of my previous scrambles.

Pokemon so far:
@Jimera Take Broken the Spoink. Broken was just learning how to hop (walk) when Mt. Chimney erupted. She was trying to hop away with her parents, and her dad just left, because he cared more about himself then Broken. Broken's mom died trying to save her. Broken got away against all odds, but she fell a few times, and broke the pearl on her head. This makes Broken unable to use psychic moves twice in a row. Broken also hates her dad, so she must solo any male psychic type pokemon. Broken will never fight a female psychic type. If she doesn't fight a male/does fight a female, she will go into a rampage. She will not listen and use a random move every turn for the next 3 battles she participates in (Just pick a random move; honor system). Broken must also be in battle the entire time against Liza and Tate (but remember; solo Tate's pokemon, leave Liza's unharmed) I said this before checking; 3 mons are genderless and Xatu is a male, so solo Xatu and battle whoever else you want.

To sum it up:
- can't use psychic type twice in a row
- always battle male/never battle female psychic types
- if above rule is broken, random move rampage for it's next 3 battles
- be in battle the whole time against Liza and Tate

Good luck! If this is too hard/easy or you don't like some part, just tell me. I can change it.

Yeah I totally copy/pasted from a challange I wrote a few months ago. I like the challange, though :).
Ok, Jimera, you get NotAgain the Sableye. Now, Jimera, look carefully at the name, and I mean VERY carefully. What does this name mean to you? Does it instill fear? Does it instill nostalgia? Perhaps even sadness or happiness? Well, whatever emotion is brought to you is unknowm to me, but I shall assume fear.

Would you like to know who has come back to haunt you, Jim? Do you want to face the fear of the unknown? The uncertanity in life? Is that a chill I sense going down your spine? I hope so, because a shiver of evil is going down mine.

If you have not figured it out by now, I'll tell you what has come back to haunt you for the rest of your days.........

Metronome has returned to take you down a peg or two. You know what things are involved when this special move enters the picture, but I'll list them for convience anyway:
1). Learn Metronome ASAP
2). Max out Metronome's PP
3). Use Metronome first upon entrance in battle.

Now, you want a rather difficult chalange, so you can't catch Sableye until after you've beaten Brawley. With Sableye under your control, it'll be a clean sweep, and I can't allow that.

Now, after capture, NotAgain will have to solo your Rival at all times, soloing one of her pokemon using only Metronome. Normally, This'd be the biggest solo restriction, but your rival quits halfway through. This leaves you to solo Juan with the same restrictions as your rival.

This leaves only Sydney and the same restrictions that I have left you above.

Note that for any move NotAgain knows that is over 60BP, you must use Metronome one more time after the first time.

TL;DR
  • Sableye named NotAgain
  • Catch NotAgain after you recieve your second Badge
  • Teach it Metronome, Max out its PP, and use Metronome first in all battles. Night Shade takes the place of Metronome until Metronome can be learned.
  • Solo your Rival (All times), Juan, and Sydney. One of their mons must always be solo'd using only Metronome.
  • Use Metronome one more time after the first time for each move over 60BP.
Good Luck, Jim. You'll need it :P
King Serperior stop making my updates look like shit with your challanges.

I'm coming for you.

And I'm grabbing one for Jimera while I'm at it. Will edit in a bit.

Jimera, take a pokemon of your choice, and name them Pinball (or Wizard, whichever one will help you remember).

You're the lucky trainer who gets to own this pokemon, a truly amazing battler. Whatever pokemon it is, it can't see or hear, so it can't use moves with perfect or 100 percent accuracy. Obviously, this doesn't apply until you can obtain moves with less then perfect accuracy. It also can't use items, because he's so powerful that he really doesn't need them. But it does have incredible intuition that leads it to use a supereffective move whenever one is available.

Now, here's the fun part. This pokemon has a limited number of lives. 3, to be exact, before he runs out of balls and can no longer battle. (see what I did there?) If you run out of lives, you must insert 3 quarters (read: 7500 poke) into the nearest Poke Mart in order to allow him to battle again, and throw away the items you get. Each time you run out of lives and do not choose to use a Replay, the cost goes up by 7500. However, he comes with an extra ball feature-if he scores two KOs in a single battle with no involvement from other teammates, he may then faint in the same battle without losing a ball.

You also get powerups, just like in a game of Pinball. To be precise, you get one Multiball, one Replay, and as many Jackpots as you can earn.

Multiball: For the next 4 trainer battles, Pinball must participate, but he may faint without penalty.

Replay: If Pinball runs out of lives, he may battle again after returning to a pokemon center without payment.

Jackpot: Each time Pinball soloes a Gym Leader or Archie/Maxie encounter, you may add one additional Multiball or replace your Replay.

-any pokemon
-named Pinball (or Wizard)
-no moves with perfect or 100 accuracy ASAP
-must use a supereffective move when you have the option
-3 lives
-if you solo 2 trainer pokemon with Pinball, he can faint later in the battle without losing a life
-if you run out of lives, you must waste 7500 gold*the number of times you've run out of lives to use him again.
-just read the powerup descriptions I don't know how to summarize them

Have fun. I trust you not to abuse the obvious loophole of just not using him.

Just another quick note while I'm here: This challange is legal because it does not kill other scramblemons-he only kills himself
Jimera0, your starter is the all powerful Geiko the Treecko. Geiko can't evolve to Grovyle unless it knows Mega Drain. It can't evolve to Sceptile unless it knows Giga Drain, Detect, and an HM move or Move Tutor move of your choice; once it evolves to Sceptile it can never change its move pool. Good luck!
Jimera0, take Zen Mode the Numel.

Although most Numels and Camerupts are big, hulking beasts capable of wrecking entire anthills okay, maybe a small town, but still :|, Zen Mode prefers to bide its time, storing up power before the time is right. Before it attacks, Zen Mode must use at least one setup move (Growl counts). To prove the benefits of this method, Zen Mode must land critical hits on at least 5 other Pokemon after using Focus Energy to evolve.

Finally, solo an E4 member of your choice to show them that brute force is not everything (hmm, this last sentence sounds familiar).
Reserving for Jimera0

Jimera0 take Kamikaze the Tailow
Kamikaze does not like to use items at all but to improve his battle skills he can Battle Items (X Attacks etc), TM/HMs, and berries (he likes nature). Solo any Gym Leader of your choice to evolve. He just loves to spread his wings but hates Flying(yes no Fly or Aerial Ace) so he can only use attacks that involve wings or speed (I.e. Quick Attack). Oh and have him solo 2 of the champs pokes.
List of usable moves that Tailow can learn in RSE:
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Double Team
Agility
Steel Wing
Thief (You gotta be fast to steal stuff)
Swift

GLHF ^.^

@Jimera Take Broken the Spoink. Broken was just learning how to hop (walk) when Mt. Chimney erupted. She was trying to hop away with her parents, and her dad just left, because he cared more about himself then Broken. Broken's mom died trying to save her. Broken got away against all odds, but she fell a few times, and broke the pearl on her head. This makes Broken unable to use psychic moves twice in a row. Broken also hates her dad, so she must solo any male psychic type pokemon. Broken will never fight a female psychic type. If she doesn't fight a male/does fight a female, she will go into a rampage. She will not listen and use a random move every turn for the next 3 battles she participates in (Just pick a random move; honor system). Broken must also be in battle the entire time against Liza and Tate (but remember; solo Tate's pokemon, leave Liza's unharmed) I said this before checking; 3 mons are genderless and Xatu is a male, so solo Xatu and battle whoever else you want.

To sum it up:
- can't use psychic type twice in a row
- always battle male/never battle female psychic types
- if above rule is broken, random move rampage for it's next 3 battles
- be in battle the whole time against Liza and Tate

Good luck! If this is too hard/easy or you don't like some part, just tell me. I can change it.

Yeah I totally copy/pasted from a challange I wrote a few months ago. I like the challange, though :).

I'm taking a scramble for Emerald, to be used in my next Let's Play. All my updates will be video updates. I'm hoping to translate the style from my written updates to video updates, so it won't be exactly like other Let's Plays in the way it's edited together.

Anyway, here's what I want:
1. Hard difficulty, though not insane. Remember this is all going to be recorded, though I will cut out any grinding I do.
2. Make sure the challenges can be summarized easily. I intend to have little bios at the end of my videos and when Pokemon are introduced, and overly complicated Scramblemons won't fit into the bios!
3. 6 mons in total. I will be using HM slaves if necessary.
4. I cannot trade for any reason, as I'll be using an emulator (necessary so I can record it in decent quality. I DO actually own a physical copy btw.)
5. Careful with berry/contest related challenges. I'm not sure how the in-game clock will work with an emulator, so berries might be in short supply.
6. No killing off other scrambler's Pokemon. Thank you Treadshot for making it so this actually needs to be a rule.
7. No exceedingly tedious challenges. I'll judge this and reserve the right to refuse on these grounds.
8. I WILL cherry-pick out good challenges. This is going to be a publicly viewable Let's Play, so if the quality of your challenge isn't up to scratch I reserve the right to reject it.
9. Try to avoid giving me the same Pokemon I was given in my Sapphire Scramble some time back. This means no Mudkip, Makuhita, Zigzagoon, Poocheyna, Baltoy or Shroomish. If you can try to avoid Pokemon I've had in other scrambles too. You can check the archive linked to in my signature for a list of my previous scrambles.

Ok, Jimera, you get NotAgain the Sableye. Now, Jimera, look carefully at the name, and I mean VERY carefully. What does this name mean to you? Does it instill fear? Does it instill nostalgia? Perhaps even sadness or happiness? Well, whatever emotion is brought to you is unknowm to me, but I shall assume fear.

Would you like to know who has come back to haunt you, Jim? Do you want to face the fear of the unknown? The uncertanity in life? Is that a chill I sense going down your spine? I hope so, because a shiver of evil is going down mine.

If you have not figured it out by now, I'll tell you what has come back to haunt you for the rest of your days.........

Metronome has returned to take you down a peg or two. You know what things are involved when this special move enters the picture, but I'll list them for convience anyway:
1). Learn Metronome ASAP
2). Max out Metronome's PP
3). Use Metronome first upon entrance in battle.

Now, you want a rather difficult chalange, so you can't catch Sableye until after you've beaten Brawley. With Sableye under your control, it'll be a clean sweep, and I can't allow that.

Now, after capture, NotAgain will have to solo your Rival at all times, soloing one of her pokemon using only Metronome. Normally, This'd be the biggest solo restriction, but your rival quits halfway through. This leaves you to solo Juan with the same restrictions as your rival.

This leaves only Sydney and the same restrictions that I have left you above.

Note that for any move NotAgain knows that is over 60BP, you must use Metronome one more time after the first time.

TL;DR
  • Sableye named NotAgain
  • Catch NotAgain after you recieve your second Badge
  • Teach it Metronome, Max out its PP, and use Metronome first in all battles.
  • Solo your Rival (All times), Juan, and Sydney. One of their mons must always be solo'd using only Metronome.
  • Use Metronome one more time after the first time for each move over 60BP.
Good Luck, Jim. You'll need it :P

@Espeon65

Alright sounds good.

@KS

Alright, the biggest problem I see here is that Sableye can't learn Metronome until after I get to Fallarbor town, which is after the second Rival battle and significantly well after Sableye is catchable. It'd be one thing to grind it up with the rest of my Pokemon after beating morty; it's another altogether to do so just before Flannery. I want to avoid as much tedium as possible. Do you have any suggestions on how to rectify this problem?

For the rival battle, change Metronome to Night Shade until you acquire the said move.

Until then all restrictions apply the same. Note that you don't have to battle Wattson until after you get Metronome if you so desire.

King Serperior stop making my updates look like shit with your challanges.

I'm coming for you.

And I'm grabbing one for Jimera while I'm at it. Will edit in a bit.

Jimera, take a pokemon of your choice, and name them Pinball (or Wizard, whichever one will help you remember).

the who said:
He stands like a statue/becomes part of the machine
Feeling all the bumpers/always playing clean
He plays by intuition/never seen him fall
that deaf, dumb, and blind kid/sure plays a mean pinball
You're the lucky trainer who gets to own this pokemon, a truly amazing battler. Whatever pokemon it is, it can't see or hear, so it can't use moves with perfect or 100 percent accuracy. Obviously, this doesn't apply until you can obtain moves with less then perfect accuracy. It also can't use items, because he's so powerful that he really doesn't need them. But it does have incredible intuition that leads it to use a supereffective move whenever one is available.

Now, here's the fun part. This pokemon has a limited number of lives. 3, to be exact, before he runs out of balls and can no longer battle. (see what I did there?) If you run out of lives, you must insert 3 quarters (read: 7500 poke) into the nearest Poke Mart in order to allow him to battle again, and throw away the items you get. Each time you run out of lives and do not choose to use a Replay, the cost goes up by 7500. However, he comes with an extra ball feature-if he scores two KOs in a single battle with no involvement from other teammates, he may then faint in the same battle without losing a ball.

You also get powerups, just like in a game of Pinball. To be precise, you get one Multiball, one Replay, and as many Jackpots as you can earn.

Multiball: For the next 4 trainer battles, Pinball must participate, but he may faint without penalty.

Replay: If Pinball runs out of lives, he may battle again after returning to a pokemon center without payment.

Jackpot: Each time Pinball soloes a Gym Leader or Archie/Maxie encounter, you may add one additional Multiball or replace your Replay.

-any pokemon
-named Pinball (or Wizard)
-no moves with perfect or 100 accuracy ASAP
-must use a supereffective move when you have the option
-3 lives
-if you solo 2 trainer pokemon with Pinball, he can faint later in the battle without losing a life
-if you run out of lives, you must waste 7500 gold*the number of times you've run out of lives to use him again.
-just read the powerup descriptions I don't know how to summarize them

Have fun. I trust you not to abuse the obvious loophole of just not using him.

Just another quick note while I'm here: This challange is legal because it does not kill other scramblemons-he only kills himself

BWA-HAHAHAHA!!! You get Purple the butterfree (They are purple to me). As a Caterpie, solo 1 sage in Sprout Tower to evolve. For Metapod to evolve into Butterfree, it has to solo 2 sages.

After you have evolved, your Butterfree is ready to whoop some tail! It knows that uselessness is the worst thing possible, so it has to know Sleep Powder at all times. Unless the foe is somehow immune to sleep or is already statused, Sleep Powder is the first move it can use.

Next, know 2 STAB moves ASAP. The final move must be a TM/HM. Over the course of your journey, Eyes must solo one of the last 4 Gym Leaders in Johto. In the E4, solo one of the main mons of one of the members. In Kanto, solo any Gym and it's Leader EXCEPT the grass gym. When you get to Red, defeat his Venasaur in an epic Solo!!

MysticZap, take Brown the Stantler. Brown is generally considered to be a dull color, and Stantler are often seen as your run of the mill mid-game Normal-type. This Stantler, however, decided that it would break the mold of both its name and its species. As such, Brown...

may not use any Normal-type attacks. It can still use non-damaging Normal-type moves if you'd like.
is always under the effect of Torment. The above restriction has priority over this one, however.
cannot use Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, or Imprison.
must solo Pryce.

Have as much fun as you can!

As for MysticZap, take Blue the Sunkern.

Blue is sad that no one likes it (and so, no one really uses it). As a trainer, your duty is to perk it up. Its sadness level begins at 20; each time its HP enters the red zone, add 2 to its sadness counter. Each time it faints, add 4. If its sadness ever reaches 40, you lose the Scramble and must start all over.

Fortunately for you, there are ways to make Blue happier. Each time you make it use Sunny Day, take away 3 from the sadness counter; each time you feed it a Rare Candy, take away 4 from the sadness counter. When the sadness counter reaches 0, Blue may evolve. If somehow its sadness counter reaches -40, rename Blue :).

As for its restrictions:
If the sadness counter is at 20 and above, Blue must open each battle by using Frustration at least 3 times.
If the sadness counter is between 1 and 19 inclusive, Blue must open each battle by using Frustration.
If the sadness counter is at 0, Blue must open each battle by using Return.
If the sadness counter is negative, Blue has no restrictions.

MysticZap, you get Vermilion the Flareon. It can never use STAB moves, not even as an Eevee, and it must solo Clair. Good luck!

Take Yellow the Mareep. This Mareep is completely yellow, and therefore can only use electric-type attacks, as they are indeed yellow. It can learn any supportive move (not-damaging)it wants, at these are not ment to show of its yellowness.

Now I just need a starter and I can begin.

Jimera0, take Pedigree the Electrike. First of all, Pedigree can't have a neutral nature. Now that we got that out of the way, it's time to mention its backstory and other restrictions!

As its name implies, Pedigree's ancestry is purely Manectric, and is very proud of its heritage. Because of this, Pedigree must be healed completely after every battle (that means both HP and curing any status conditions). It also has a hatred toward fellow Electrike and Manectric and must solo every one you encounter. Of course, as Wattson has an Electrike and a Manectric, have Pedigree attempt to solo him on its own. (Note: you only have one try.)
If Pedigree succeeds, good for you! It feels that it has displayed its superiority over all other Electrike and Manectric, so not only does Pedigree not have to solo them any more, but it can evolve whenever you want it to!
However, if Pedigree fails, its self-confidence is completely shattered, making it feel like it can't show its face around any other four-legged Pokemon. It will also refuse to accept any items from you, (except for any TM or HM move that has a base power of less than 60) as it feels they would be wasted on it. Eventually, Pedigree hears about Contests and sees them as a way to redeem itself. As such, check which stat Pedigree's nature increases. You must turn every Berry you have that corresponds to that stat into Pokeblocks and feed them all to Pedigree. (unless of course Pedigree won't accept any more even though you still might have some left) After that, have Pedigree participate in the corresponding Contest category. If Pedigree manages to win a Hyper Rank Contest within 3 attempts, Congratulations! Pedigree's restrictions are essentially the same as they would be if you managed to beat Wattson (no restrictions, can evolve whenever). If you fail to do so, however, Pedigree loses all hope in itself and keeps all of its restrictions for the rest of the game.

Good luck! Let's hope you win a Hyper Rank Contest/beat Wattson!

Divided into sections for convenience.

Permanently in effect:
Pedigree the Electrike cannot have a neutral nature.

Prior to Wattson:
Pedigree must solo every Electrike it faces prior to Wattson.
Pedigree must be healed to full health and cured of any status conditions after every battle.
Pedigree may not evolve.
Pedigree must attempt to solo Wattson (one try, though).

If Pedigree beats Wattson:
All of the above restrictions are null.

If Pedigree fails to solo Wattson:
Pedigree will accept all of your items, with the exceptions of TMs and HMs that have less than 60 Base Power.
Pedigree must switch out of all four-legged Pokemon.
Pedigree still refuses to evolve
Pedigree must eat Pokeblocks that it likes until you either run out of Berries for that kind of Pokeblock or Pedigree refuses to eat any more. (For reference, +Atk=Spicy, +Def=Sour, +SpA=Dry, +SpD=Bitter, +Spe=Sweet.)
Pedigree must attempt three times to get a Hyper Rank Ribbon.

If Pedigree wins a Hyper Contest:
All previous restrictions are null.

If Pedigree fails to win a Hyper Contest after 3 tries:
All post-Wattson failure restrictions remain in place for the rest of the game

@KS
Still not clear on what you're saying. So does Night Shade take the place of Metronome entirely until I get Metronome, or just for the rival battle? Also, I don't know why you bring up Watson since he's not a part of the challenge. And you can't actually get Metronome before Watson anyway, since you need to be able to use Rock Smash to get there.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Jimera0, your starter is the all powerful Geiko the Treecko. Geiko can't evolve to Grovyle unless it knows Mega Drain. It can't evolve to Sceptile unless it knows Giga Drain, Detect, and an HM move or Move Tutor move of your choice; once it evolves to Sceptile it can never change its move pool. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)