Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Alice, take Okami the Remoraid.
Okami and remoraid look horribly different. However they both share a massive similarity. They can both squirt out ink! Or in terms of remoraid, its evolution, octillery, can at least. But Remoraid needs to go out on an adventure to evolve (an adventure that will have you using a heart scale or two and a TM or two by the way, sorry 'bout that).
Okami is in tune with nature, Remoraid needs to be as well. Defeat 10 grass types with bullet seed.
In Okami, the secondary item it gets you to use in the tutorial is a shield; defeat a gym leader using protect every other turn.
In Okami you are a sun god. Defeat a gym's trainers and the strongest pokemon of the leader by using only fire blast. (The one in like verity, you are not allowed to buy this move)
In Okami, you can make the sun appear. Learn sunny day and use the sunny day and fire blast combo on 25 combos.

Now you may evolve, you must learn both octazooka and gunk shot, replacing fire blast and protect.
Keep that set forever and solo either 4 of Cynthia's pokemon, or an elite four member.
What's the reasoning for Gunk Shot? Amaterasu doesn't use gunk at all.

There are lots of powers in Okami, and its sad to see so many unused in this challenge. Soloing an E4 member with slow as shit Octillery is going to be a huge hassle considering I already have Infernape soloing Bertha and the only other one I could concievably solo is Flint who has a Thunderpunch Infernape.

I wouldn't feel right using this sort of challenge because it requires me to do lots of tedious things rather than having fun (and kind of makes me feel like I'm not using the real Sun Goddess). SunnyFlare isn't hard, just tedious. I could go back and spray seeds at Level 4 Budew for the Bullet Seed challenge, but where's the challenge in that?

I love Frogger~ It's gonna be fun using a Croagunk, though Bertha's already being Soloed by Axel. Did you mean one of Flint's Pokemon?

I've never used Gastly before, so I'm excited to try out Sissel, too~.

I also gave a whismur to dragonbreath, but he hasn't been on

@dragonbreath
take ampy the whismur
Ampy, as a whismur, is quite afraid of loud noises. However, this is a problem for Ampy, because he one day dreams of becoming a rock star. You must be the one to help him on his musical journey. First, to help him face his fears, Ampy must always know two sound based moves, and he must use/attempt to use either at least once every battle.
Ampy must solo Watson. After beating that magneton's heavy metal, Ampy is no longer afraid and may evolve into Loudred.

Now ready to climb to the top, Ampy must solo all of its heavy metal rivals, so have it solo all magneton and other loudred/exploud.
In order to evolve into Exploud, Ampy must get its name out to the world, so solo that tv crew at all three locations (do the best you can, just don't let them hog Ampy's spotlight.) once it is an Exploud, rename Ampy into Rock Star.

Recap:
Must know two sound moves
Must solo Watson to evolve.
Must fight all magneton and loudred/exploud.
must solo Gabby and camera man crew at each location to evolve.

Have fun
Hint for Watson:
TM 35 flamethrower is in the game corner

Alice, I think celever was making a reference to how Gunk Shot is similar an ink blot.

Also, are you able to trade because I have an idea for a Scramblemon but its evolution is a trade one? I don't want to post the Scramblemon yet until I know if you can trade or not.

I also gave a whismur to dragonbreath, but he hasn't been on
@dragonbreath
take ampy the whismur
Ampy, as a whismur, is quite afraid of loud noises. However, this is a problem for Ampy, because he one day dreams of becoming a rock star. You must be the one to help him on his musical journey. First, to help him face his fears, Ampy must always know two sound based moves, and he must use/attempt to use either at least once every battle.
Ampy must solo Watson. After beating that magneton's heavy metal, Ampy is no longer afraid and may evolve into Loudred.

Now ready to climb to the top, Ampy must solo all of its heavy metal rivals, so have it solo all magneton and other loudred/exploud.
In order to evolve into Exploud, Ampy must get its name out to the world, so solo that tv crew at all three locations (do the best you can, just don't let them hog Ampy's spotlight.) once it is an Exploud, rename Ampy into Rock Star.

Recap:
Must know two sound moves
Must solo Watson to evolve.
Must fight all magneton and loudred/exploud.
must solo Gabby and camera man crew at each location to evolve.

Have fun
Hint for Watson:
TM 35 flamethrower is in the game corner
Bro, your link isn't working.

You've got a HIDE tag within a HIDE tag.

Sorry to bother you AGAIN, but I believe I still need 3 more possible scramblemons for my solo Ruby version challange. Just to recap:

-No trading
-First 5 Scramblemons submitted are looked at and the one I find most enjoyable for me will be chosen to solo
-Not too difficult
-Limited choice - Starter or Seedot (Already been given Mudkip & Seedot)

You can find my OP a few pages back, look forward to any scramblemons! :)

Hey, just letting everyone know that I completed my 8th update (I added team comments and stuff) if you want to read it. You can find it here.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

There are lots of powers in Okami, and its sad to see so many unused in this challenge. Soloing an E4 member with slow as shit Octillery is going to be a huge hassle considering I already have Infernape soloing Bertha and the only other one I could concievably solo is Flint who has a Thunderpunch Infernape.

I wouldn't feel right using this sort of challenge because it requires me to do lots of tedious things rather than having fun (and kind of makes me feel like I'm not using the real Sun Goddess). SunnyFlare isn't hard, just tedious. I could go back and spray seeds at Level 4 Budew for the Bullet Seed challenge, but where's the challenge in that?

I love Frogger~ It's gonna be fun using a Croagunk, though Bertha's already being Soloed by Axel. Did you mean one of Flint's Pokemon?

Oh, sorry Alice. I only got Okami last week and haven't had much time to play it, so that's why I only used a few things that Okami can do. Phoenix figured out that gunk shot was like an ink blot, but if you don't like it, don't worry.

I meant for Frogger to solo every Water and Steel type possible

Celever

i am town
Sorry. there won't be an update today and possibly tomorrow, however when you get the update it will cover 2 badges to make up for it.

Time for a

Ruby mini-update!

One Week after the Weather Institute Raid
Magma Headquarters, undisclosed location

Maxie leaned back in his chair, still nursing his wounds from the crash. He lazily tossed darts at a board in his room. His radio buzzed.

“The grunt you asked for is here, sir.”

“Yes, send her in.” The door opened and a slight, red-headed girl entered the room, eyes downcast.

Maxie rubbed his eyes. “So you’re the one everyone’s been talking about.”

“I guess so...” The girl never looked up.

“How old are you, sixteen?”

“Sixteen and a half, sir.”

Maxie could believe it. The flat-chested girl was only a hair taller then 5 feet and her Magma hoodie was a size too big. “Courtney, I’ll be straight with you, because we don’t have much time. That last strike at the Weather Institute was too big for me to coordinate alone. You were there-nobody knew how they got in, and then we put a bullet in one of them and they still managed to escape.”

“Why do you need me, sir?”

“Tabitha died in the helicopter crash. I need a new lieutenant. One with a quick mind, one who can adapt.“ Maxie tossed Courtney a vest similar to the one he was wearing. “Put that on, you’re it.”

“Sir...there must be others, more qualified others, this is a mistake. I’m a high school dropout, I can’t possibly-”

“There’s no mistake.” Maxie counted on his fingers. “One-your performance under fire in the Mt. Chimney hunt was excellent. Two-You persuaded your commander to pull your squad over to the road, which led to us reacquiring the loose ends. Three-You’re a lot more interested in this sort of thing then you pretend.”

“What do you mean, sir?”

Maxie pulled two books from under his desk, Warfare in the Pokemon Era by Dirk Surge and Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. “I found these in your room. Don’t pretend you’re not interested.”

“Sir, I...I...”

“Remember what the colonel said about being so good that others would be forced to respect you? This is where that gets you. In command. With responsibility.”

Courtney began to warm up. “That’s why I dropped out of school. Everything was moving too slowly. I wanted to do something real.”

“Time for you to do something real. I have two assignments for you. One of them is ongoing, and the other one...we’ll get to that. First, take a look at these two.” Maxie swiveled his monitor screen around. On it was a picture of Skarm and Winona running down the halls of the Weather Institute.

“These two have been there to interfere with every one of our missions. Memorize their faces. I want them out of the way.”

“Do I have to kill them?”

“I don’t particularly care what you do with them. Trick them into going to the wrong place. Put them both in the hospital. Get Skarm deported. Or you can kill them. Whatever method you want is fine with me-I just want them out of the way.”

“And the other assignment?”

“We have two missions that we’re going to launch simultaneously three days from now. Half of us are going to Slateport to commandeer Stern’s submarine. The other half is going on a hunt for the Red Orb. You’re going to command one of them, and I’m going to command the other. Which one do you want?”

“I’ll take the Orb hunt. I’m too inexperienced to steal a sub.” Courtney leaned in towards the screen. “You don’t have a location listed for this.”

“That’s because nobody knows where the Orb is.” Courtney looked up, surprised. “I’ve read through every copy of the Murasaki I could find, searching for the location. But there’s nothing, other then that the orb is in Hoenn for sure.”

“So where do you want me to go?”

“Use your subconscious.” Maxie stood up from his chair, the final dart in his hands. He handed it to Courtney.

“What do you want me to do with-EEK!” Maxie covered Courtney’s eyes and turned her towards the wall of the office, which had a map of Hoenn with every past mission’s location marked by a pin.

“Throw the dart.” The point buried itself just southwest of Lilycove. Maxie glanced at the location. “Open your eyes.”

“Mount Pyre?”

“Sometimes, it’s best to listen to your instincts.” Maxie left her in the office, staring at the dart buried in the wall. “This mission is your show. Don’t disappoint me.”

I wanted to give you guys SOMETHING for Ruby, since I haven't updated it in at least a month and I'm experiencing massive writer's block. Of course, the solution was a not so original OC. Having another character to drive the narrative along will help break my writer's block and get the full Chapter Twenty-Three out sooner, hopefully by the end of the weekend (but no promises!)

Also, Ender's game is awesome, nuff said.

Alice, can you put all your challenges in your original post and link to it. I would like to give you a challenge and it would be easier to figure out what you already have.

@inanimate blob
thanks, fixed it. Learn something new everyday.

Also, shinyskarmory, totally agree, Ender's Game is amazing.

Hey Guys It´s Omnivore again,

I´m starting my Diamond Hard Scramble in this moment but still need some Pokemon. I still need at least three ScrambleMon and I will not allow the use of HM slaves. Please give Pride the Piplup a companion who is able to smash rocks. Roarks little Critters would appreciate the presence of something else than a penguin as well ;)

Hey celever, I wanted to make your compendium less overloaded with the info fpr Offbeat so here a hopefully shorter entry with revised structure, hope you like him so far!

• …is only using super effective attacks or “status” moves (has to know two of the latter)
    …does only learn moves upon Level up but not the physical moves
    …will not leave your party before at least evolving, while holding Everstone
    …feels a bit unsafe in battle, so it immediately uses every known nondamaging move whenever you switch him in before attacking for the first time.

Every encounter with Bug or Flying Type Pokemon(wild, trainer-owned, your own pokemon in double battles) triggers the following reaction:

• as long as he knows a super effective move against those types you will switch him in to faint this Pokemon and OffBeat will be very happy
    every time it does not know a super effective move and does not switch into the battle he will get +2 level for being frustrated
    = +2*m level for evolution with m the number of such situations
    if it faints instead of the bug/ bird he gets +4 level for being even more frustrated
    = +4*n level

If OffBeat defeats every bug or flying type in Azalea Town he gets to choose a move for free.

may evolve Krabby at the modified level (31+2*m+4*n) if you
win at least ten competitions that include either goal roll, lamp jump, snow throw and pennant capture, each event at least once to show OffBeats versatility
make him get the Bonus Points for being the most successful Pokemon

You may now take the Everstone off of OffBeat.

After evolution OffBeat still hates Bug and Flying Types, to reflect this,

• he always switches in, if he knows a super effective move.
    gains +2 frustration for not having a super effective move
    gains +4 frustration points for getting defeated

amount of frustrationpoints alteres his movepool
0-9 no status move needs to be known
10-19 one status move has to be known
20-29 two status moves have to be known
30-39 three status moves have to be known
40... three status moves and the move frustration have to be known

If Offbeat defeats a legendary Pokemon or the highest leveled Pokemon of a major opponent(TeamRocket, Gym, Rival) you can choose to learn one move without restrictions or to reduce the frustration counter by ten for each such event (needs to be 10 at least!)
“legendary” points can be accumulated in the same way as frustration points

By the way OffBeat loves the special techniques found in FreakTown aka Mahagony City, teach him Whirlpool and Hail immediately and give him Thief as soon as a free spot is available.

Celever

i am town
Omnivore, thanks, that is much simpler. I was actually worried about the resrictions since I was a bit confused about the restrictions :(

Oh celever, lets fix one potential loophole (not that you might have abused it, but still) about Gift's sudden Amnesia after solo'ing Whitney and 1 of every typed pokemon, you may not drag it out, you know. No not solo"ing a dragon type just to avoid having to only use super sonic. So I say that at the most the second pokemon of a type you encounter not yet killed by Gift has to be solo'ed by Gift to fulfill that restriction. (And obviously that would mean no way might you use quick attack against the elite four or vice versa)

Have a nice day :)

My apologies guys and gals, been a bit busy in the last couple of days but I shall get on this immediately. I still do have two slots available, the Pokémon I have taken are:

Ancient the Lileep from Naix
Hatred the Seviper from Cjorex
Ampy the Whismur from Quark
and Grasss the Treecko from Present.

EDIT: and Mixed the Cacnea from Celever.

Celever

i am town
DragonBreath, take mixed the cacnea.
Mixed is determined to be the best mixed sweeper of all time. However it has problems it has had since birth holding him back.
Mixed gets horrible annoyed whenever it uses an attack that is not super-effective on an opponent. He refuses to battle for 20 trainer battles after this has been done.
Mixed gets so excited when he does land a super-effective attack or a critical hit that he then must battle for the next 15 battles. If it lands a critical hit with a not super-effective attack then Mixed must instead stay out of 7 battles.
Mixed also loves being a mixed sweeper so much that every turn you must attack physical, special, physical, special.
He may also never use status attacks, as they do not help sweeps.

Enjoy!

DragonBreath, take mixed the cacnea.
Mixed is determined to be the best mixed sweeper of all time. However it has problems it has had since birth holding him back.
Mixed gets horrible annoyed whenever it uses an attack that is not super-effective on an opponent. He refuses to battle for 20 trainer battles after this has been done.
Mixed gets so excited when he does land a super-effective attack or a critical hit that he then must battle for the next 15 battles. If it lands a critical hit with a not super-effective attack then Mixed must instead stay out of 7 battles.
Mixed also loves being a mixed sweeper so much that every turn you must attack physical, special, physical, special.
He may also never use status attacks, as they do not help sweeps.

Enjoy!
Thanks! Should be interesting, I don't think I've ever used a Cacnea before. Just one left now!

Alice in Strings, take Solid the Onix. Since Onix is a rock snake for the most part, he admires the legendary Solid Snake. Since Solid Snake is a master of stealth, he prefers not to use moves that make a lot of noise. So no Rock or Ground moves unless at red health. He likes to choke out his opponents so he must use Bind at every chance he's in battle. In order to remove the Bind restriction, he must choke out 15 trainer Pokemon. To evolve into Steelix, solo 1 gym leader of choice.

Once Solid become Steelix, you must change its name from Solid to Old. Solid's previous restrictions are no longer in play but Old must be one Pokemon battle in every five encounters to make sure he doesn't rot away. At the same time, he cannot be fight in four straight encounters without experiencing shaking. If used more than four times in a row, it must sit out for 2 encounters to allow it recovered from the shaking. It must solo a Elite 4 member.

Recap:

-Solid can't use Rock and Ground moves unless it's in red health
-Must use Bind in every battle it's in
--Remove restriction by defeating 15 trainer Pokemon with Bind
-Solo one gym leader to evolve
-Once evolve to Steelix, change name to Old
-Old must be used at least once every 5 battles but cannot be used more than 4 times without be forced to sit out 2 battles
-Old must solo an E4 member

Alice in Strings, take Solid the Onix. Since Onix is a rock snake for the most part, he admires the legendary Solid Snake. Since Solid Snake is a master of stealth, he prefers not to use moves that make a lot of noise. So no Rock or Ground moves unless at red health. He likes to choke out his opponents so he must use Bind at every chance he's in battle. In order to remove the Bind restriction, he must choke out 15 trainer Pokemon. To evolve into Steelix, solo 1 gym leader of choice.

Once Solid become Steelix, you must change its name from Solid to Old. Solid's previous restrictions are no longer in play but Old must be one Pokemon battle in every five encounters to make sure he doesn't rot away. At the same time, he cannot be fight in four straight encounters without experiencing shaking. If used more than four times in a row, it must sit out for 2 encounters to allow it recovered from the shaking. It must solo a Elite 4 member.

Recap:

-Solid can't use Rock and Ground moves unless it's in red health
-Must use Bind in every battle it's in
--Remove restriction by defeating 15 trainer Pokemon with Bind
-Solo one gym leader to evolve
-Once evolve to Steelix, change name to Old
-Old must be used at least once every 5 battles but cannot be used more than 4 times without be forced to sit out 2 battles
-Old must solo an E4 member
Solid/Old will be fun to use. I've used Steelix before, and they can be amazing if used right. Should be interesting. Was the shaking present in MGS4, by any chance?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ DragonBreath: I will give you something simple to round out your challange. Take Dragon the Trapinch.

Basically, Dragon noticed your user-name, & wants to live up to it. So, if you evolve Trapinch, then the only attacking move Dragon may use in battle from that point on is Dragonbreath.

Have fun.

@ DragonBreath: I will give you something simple to round out your challange. Take Dragon the Trapinch.

Basically, Dragon noticed your user-name, & wants to live up to it. So, if you evolve Trapinch, then the only attacking move Dragon may use in battle from that point on is Dragonbreath.

Have fun.
Excellent, thank you! I'll check back in soon with some sort of progress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)