Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Here's Chapter 11. This time, a long-awaited evolution happens, and JB is called upon by a mysterious force that can not only talk to him telepathically, but in proper English!

Chapter 11: OLDEN-TORTOISE WATER-POT – The Birth of a Titan

The next day, JB celebrated his victory against Xiaoyu by heading back to the Game Corner & once again trying his luck with the Card Machines. The incredible foresight he’d had before was still with him, it seemed, as it was only a matter of time until he had increased his coin collection to well over 5,000, so he figured he should collect a prize. There were some items & Elfs up for grabs, but it was the Skill Machines that really caught JB’s eye! ELE-HIT, WAVE, and SMOK were apparently ridiculously powerful Elemental attacks, and after much thought, he decided to go with the power of Fire, and bought a SMOK machine.

You’re welcome…” said an eerie, ominous voice. “Use it wisely…

JB was completely taken aback! He had certainly figured there was more to his insane winning streak than sheer luck, but he still had no idea what was happening! He felt as if the voice was speaking to him from directly inside his head, much like in a scene from a bad Sci-Fi flick, but where was it coming from? How could it possibly have been the source of his gambling success?
Most importantly, how the Hell was it speaking to him in proper English?!

He walked slowly towards the exit, looking all around him as he went, and slowly proceeded through the door. With a deep breath, JB decided the wisest move would be to put the voice to the back of his mind as best he could, and just continue on his journey. He was sure the mystery would unravel itself eventually…
He headed back to the Bazaar & bought a LIGHHIT for Punch, as well as some drinks from the vending machines, before making his way south to the Daycare, where he knew a certain fish was eagerly awaiting him!

WE ARE GENIUS TO LOOK YOUR DICKS?” The old man said upon JB’s arrival.
“YOUR DICKS GROWS MUCH LEVEL NEAR TO 3. EXCHANGE ELF NEED 400 DOLLARS.”
”Awesome! – Thank you so much!” JB replied, as he handed over the paltry sum & went into the garden. As soon as the door opened, Dicks leapt straight into JB’s arms! She was clearly far more energetic than before, which was a fantastic sign.

And so, with his party back together, JB headed North towards the next city!

He didn’t get that far, though. Blocking the only path he could find was a strange tree. He tried ordering Fork to use SAW, but her attack barely scratched it! At that point, the girl behind him started speaking.
”I AM SHAQI OF FLOWER STORE, COME ON, COME ON!” she shouted. “WATER THE MOVING TREE, IT’S FRIGHTENED TO JUMP. IT’S MONSTER CERTAINLY”
”Wait.” JB interrupted. “You’re saying this tree’s a monster? How’s that possible?”
”WATER IT, IT WILL BE FRIGHTED, AND COMES BACK” she continued, seemingly ignoring him. “ITS ANTETYPE, YES! TALK THIS TO ELDER SISTER, AND BORROW HER POT!” She then headed back towards Xiaojin.
JB followed suit. He didn’t know where this “Flower Shop” was, so he could only try the houses he hadn’t yet visited, and hope for the best. There were only two of those, and at the first house he tried, some kid gave him the number for “ZHENFEN,” a name he recognised from the PCs. The last house on the other side of town must have been the place. Time for JB to borrow this older sister’s POT! He knew by now that this probably wouldn’t mean what he initially thought, but a man can dream!

As expected, inside this last house was almost as many flowers as in the Gym (JB wondered if there was a sponsorship deal going on there), and a lone woman. JB told her about the odd tree & asked if she could help.
”YOU ARE MORE FEARFUL THAN MSR YU.” She responded. “THEN IT IS NOTHING THE OLDEN-TORTOISE POT IS BELONDED TO YOU.”
With that she handed him what looked like a watering can.
With the can in his arsenal, JB went back to the Tree, and threw the water inside over it. Sure enough, it turned around to reveal its face and attack!

”WILD HUSHU JUMP OUT!”
This strange Rock Elf proved a semi-challenging opponent, but after a couple of COOLHITs from Punch, it was worn down enough for capture. One HUGEBALL later, and Hushu was caught!
With Hushu’s path no longer obstructed, JB headed further north, defeated a couple more coaches, and arrived in YUANZHU CITY, which apparently “UNITES THE PAST AND THE MODERN.”

Upon arriving, the first thing JB saw was the Gym, but he knew that most of his team needed to catch up with Fork & Adict, so he decided to head there later. In one of the nearby houses, JB was given something called SPEED, which looked a lot like a Dowsing MCHN, so probably had the same purpose.
”THE PROP IS LOST EVERYWHERE, USE ILLUME IMPLEMENT TO FIND THE LOST PROP AROUND, DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU LOSE, YOU FIND IT YOURSELF.” he said “YES, IT’S SAID THAT THERE WERE TREASURES IN THE BURNT TOWER AT YUANZHU.”

“The Burnt Tower, eh?” Upon exiting the house, the charred ruins of a tower at the edge of town were indeed the first thing he spotted! With his new treasure detector, he made his way there.

“Not yet… Go into the mountain first…”
The mysterious voice spoke to JB again! He certainly didn’t trust the voice, but he had no reason to believe it meant him any harm, so he looked around for this mountain it spoke of, and found it looming to the east.
He crossed the gate, where the guard warned him, “YOU ARE EASILY LOST IN YANBO MOUNTAIN,” and entered the mountain cave.
The first thing he saw was a WANLI, a humanoid Fighting-type Elf the Hill Man had used! Upon hearing its battle cry, Punch burst out of his Basin & raised his 6 fists. Punch almost looked like he had some Training Montage music playing in his head as he threw fast & icy punches his opponent’s way, and it didn’t take any more than 3 hits for the imaginary Knockout Bell inside Punch’s head to ring!
”Ah, I see… The voice must’ve led me here because it was the best place to train you guys…” JB concluded. As Punch took on more wild Wanlis, JB sent out Dicks to combat the interrupting Camls and Zhibs. After beating a couple more Wanlis, Punch started glowing! However, he immediately stopped.

“Punch, what gives?” JB asked. “Don’t you think you’re ready?”
Punch shook his head. It seemed he wanted to hone his boxing skills against many more opponents before he evolved. JB sighed & left him to it, and decided to check up on Dicks.
She had dispatched quite a few intruders, but she was clearly fatigued, so JB gave her another 50P Drug, and she continued to valiantly safeguard her companion during his matches.

*Obvious Training Montage Music*
After a while, Punch had found & defeated a total of 10 Wanlis, and JB’s Elf Gear beeped, displaying the message “ELF? AS DICKS!”

JB was ecstatic as Dicks’s shape started changing! The wild Elfs ran to hide as the entire cave began to rumble, as if quaking in fear! Dicks rapidly grew in size & strength until, with a mighty roar, her transformation was complete, and the little red fish had been completely replaced by a ferocious sea dragon! For a few moments, the beast eyed JB like her next meal… before letting out what seemed like a chuckle & patting him on the head with her tail.
”CONGRAT! DICKS ENVOLVE JINDE!”

”Excellent…” stated a familiar voice. “Your power has grown tremendously… Come to the Burned Tower…”

JB took the voice’s appearance here as a sign that SMOK, the powerful Fire attack he acquired, should be taught to Dicks. He also taught her a headbutting attack called HIT (not to be confused with Punch’s HIT), and proceeded to leave the cave. As they headed for the exit, two more Wanlis slowly stepped out of their hiding places, and Punch quickly disposed of them!
JB felt bad about forcing Punch to leave while he was still itching to fight, but they’d just have to come back later… It was time to check out this BURNT TOWER and find out what the Hell had been going on!

Team Summary:

ADICT the ALIGE (Croconaw)
Lv20
Male
Item: SUNSTON
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- YUJA (Rage)
- FLAME (Water Gun)

While he was warming the bench for most of this chapter, I think I used him once or twice...

PUNCH the NUXI (Ledyba)
Lv19
Male
- LIGHHIT (ThunderPunch)
- CRY(Supersonic)
- HIT (Comet Punch)
- COOLHIT (Ice Punch)
[Fighting-types Solo'd: 13/25]

The MVP for this Chapter - Because with all the wild Fighting-types around, he pretty much had to be! The way things are going, though, he'll be ready to evolve within the next couple of chapters.

FORK the FORK (Beedrill)
Lv20
Female
- ! (Poison Sting)
- SAW (Cut)
- KNIF (Fury Cutter)
- PIN (Twinneedle)
[Rival Solo: Completed]
[Gym Solo: Completed]

Sadly, I think Fork's glory days are going to be few & far between until we reach the Elite Four... She didn't really get the chance to fight this chapter, so she had to take a back seat as well as the LVP award.

STATS the BEAR (Teddiursa)
Lv16
Female
- SCRA (Scratch)
- S-PIN (Leer)
- AGAIN (Lick)
- MAJUS (Swift)

No Poison for her, but there were a couple of Burn chances that never happened...

DICKS the JINDE (Gyarados)
Lv20
Female
- SHINE (Splash)
- HIT (Headbutt)
- STARE (Bite)
- SMOK (Fire Blast)

Well, it's finally happened - Dicks has swam upstream to become the Dragon she was born to be! With her new powerful Headbutt, Bite, and Fire Blast (which she definitely got through the mysterious voice showing JB the future & totally not through Save State abuse! :D), and the powerful Water attack we all know she's going to get next chapter, her Passenger days are truly over!

Badges: 3
SCENES OF BLANK: 1 (One green menace, sitting in the Gym. One green menace, sitting in the Gym...)

Hi everyone. I just thought I'd jump in and say thank you for all your updates. Keep up the good work and don't forget to enjoy your scramble. Just for Darknesscrucher and celever, I am a bit confused at your challenges. You just make up the levels you guys both have, or do you follow in game (I don't think so though?) I find it funny/confusing that celever actually keeps beating you, but than decides to throw the match away to fit the storyline better, right?

Part 2 of SoulSilver is up

Strategy: In this part, I’m going to take on the gym, as well as getting some more levels for my weaker party members. I’m not too concerned about the gym, I’m sure that Yossarian at around level 15 should have no problem taking it on.

To prepare for that, the Sprout Tower offers a great amount of trainers to level up Lady and my newly caught Zubat called sucks, as well as getting the kill counter for Yossarian up. On Route 31, there are more trainers that I can solo with Yossarian, so I’ll probably get to evolve him in the next episode.
Nevertheless, Lady is still an issue. Being forced to lead with her constantly makes it really difficult to level up sucks, who only gets Leach Life and Astonish until level 13. Lady also desperately needs to gain levels, because the way I see it, the only gymleader who I can reasonably solo with her is Bugsy, but for that, Lady needs to be at least at level 20, if not higher, just because Comet Punch is so weak. I’ll probably take care of that in the next part.

Story: It’s getting dark outside, which is the optimal time for catching some bloodsucking bats. Sai goes ahead to Route 31 to catch himself a new flying type Pokemon, the vampire Zubat. After a long search, the shy creature shows up and Sai gets to catches it. However, he finds out that the bat is everything but a powerhouse, with his only strength being the ability to suck blood out of people and Pokemon, so he decides to name this weakling sucks. He knows that sucks needs some proper training, but the Lady just refuses to let the others battle, so Sai will have to think of something.

Sai sets course for the Sprout Tower, which he can’t believe is still standing after constantly shaking back and forth for centuries. Inside, he encounters the Bellsprout worshipping monks of Sprout Tower, who have nothing else to do than stand around and pray that the tower doesn’t collapse. They don’t seem to shy to battle though, and so Sai plays his part in shortening the towers life span by completely obliterating every monk and their Bellsprouts with his party of birds, bats and bugs. Getting to the top, he witnesses his rival trying to sabotage the tower, and being offered a gift in form of a TM to calm him. Akira seems pleased with the gift and leaves. Then Sai gets to beat up the leader of the monks in a fierce battle to claim the TM for himself. He then leaves Sprout Tower, secretly praying that it won’t just collapse on him.

It is now time to find out who the real master of flying types is. Policeman Falkner claims to be the best bird Pokemon trainer in Johto, so there is no question that Sai is eager to claim that title for himself. Good old Yossarian is not amused about that, having to battle his own kind, but Sais whip will teach him lessons if he doesn’t obey. So Yossarian makes haste and defeats both Pidgey and Pidgeotto in a battle of bird Pokemon. Falkner then tries to frame Sai for being a cheater and wants to arrest him for breaking the law of the Pokemon league, but after Yossarians wild assault on him, he finally gives in. That means that Sai is now officially the number one flying type trainer in Johto.

But that’s not enough. Sai wants to prove that flying types are superior to everything else, so he has to defeat the most skilled flying type trainer, Champion Lance. But to do that, Sai will have to collect the remaining badges of the Pokemon league. So he travels to Union Cave, with Yossarian still being a beast and defeating every trainer in his path. Just before Union Cave, Sai encounters a man who tries to sell him a Slopoke Tail for rediculus 1’000’000 Pokedollars. Lady is all over this new accessory, thinking this must be the new fashionable thing that the Pokemon supermodels wear, but Sai can’t afford it. To console her, Sai buys her an Old Rod instead, but it seems that he has lost the sympathy of his Ladyba for the rest of his journey…

My team:

Yossarian
Trait: Tangled Feet
Nature: Naive
Level: 17
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Gust
  • Quick Attack
Trainers soloed: 19

Lady
Trait: Swarm
Nature: Quiet
Level: 15
  • Reflect
  • Light Sceen
  • Safeguard
  • Comet Punch
Lady Counters: 1

sucks
Trait: Inner Focus
Level: 13
  • Leech Life
  • Supersonic
  • Astonish
  • Bite

One more question concerning Lady. When you say I have to solo one organization boss, does that include the small ones at Slopoke Well and inside the Rocket hideout or just the one at the end of the Radio Tower?

Hi everyone. I just thought I'd jump in and say thank you for all your updates. Keep up the good work and don't forget to enjoy your scramble. Just for Darknesscrucher and celever, I am a bit confused at your challenges. You just make up the levels you guys both have, or do you follow in game (I don't think so though?) I find it funny/confusing that celever actually keeps beating you, but than decides to throw the match away to fit the storyline better, right?
We do tend to follow the ingame levels, but sometimes in-game uses hacks, making it impossible. In later chapters this isn't much of an issue, so we can just use in-game stuff. And yes, Celeverr is better than the AI. :P

Part 2 of SoulSilver is up

Strategy: In this part, I’m going to take on the gym, as well as getting some more levels for my weaker party members. I’m not too concerned about the gym, I’m sure that Yossarian at around level 15 should have no problem taking it on.

To prepare for that, the Sprout Tower offers a great amount of trainers to level up Lady and my newly caught Zubat called sucks, as well as getting the kill counter for Yossarian up. On Route 31, there are more trainers that I can solo with Yossarian, so I’ll probably get to evolve him in the next episode.
Nevertheless, Lady is still an issue. Being forced to lead with her constantly makes it really difficult to level up sucks, who only gets Leach Life and Astonish until level 13. Lady also desperately needs to gain levels, because the way I see it, the only gymleader who I can reasonably solo with her is Bugsy, but for that, Lady needs to be at least at level 20, if not higher, just because Comet Punch is so weak. I’ll probably take care of that in the next part.

Story: It’s getting dark outside, which is the optimal time for catching some bloodsucking bats. Sai goes ahead to Route 31 to catch himself a new flying type Pokemon, the vampire Zubat. After a long search, the shy creature shows up and Sai gets to catches it. However, he finds out that the bat is everything but a powerhouse, with his only strength being the ability to suck blood out of people and Pokemon, so he decides to name this weakling sucks. He knows that sucks needs some proper training, but the Lady just refuses to let the others battle, so Sai will have to think of something.

Sai sets course for the Sprout Tower, which he can’t believe is still standing after constantly shaking back and forth for centuries. Inside, he encounters the Bellsprout worshipping monks of Sprout Tower, who have nothing else to do than stand around and pray that the tower doesn’t collapse. They don’t seem to shy to battle though, and so Sai plays his part in shortening the towers life span by completely obliterating every monk and their Bellsprouts with his party of birds, bats and bugs. Getting to the top, he witnesses his rival trying to sabotage the tower, and being offered a gift in form of a TM to calm him. Akira seems pleased with the gift and leaves. Then Sai gets to beat up the leader of the monks in a fierce battle to claim the TM for himself. He then leaves Sprout Tower, secretly praying that it won’t just collapse on him.

It is now time to find out who the real master of flying types is. Policeman Falkner claims to be the best bird Pokemon trainer in Johto, so there is no question that Sai is eager to claim that title for himself. Good old Yossarian is not amused about that, having to battle his own kind, but Sais whip will teach him lessons if he doesn’t obey. So Yossarian makes haste and defeats both Pidgey and Pidgeotto in a battle of bird Pokemon. Falkner then tries to frame Sai for being a cheater and wants to arrest him for breaking the law of the Pokemon league, but after Yossarians wild assault on him, he finally gives in. That means that Sai is now officially the number one flying type trainer in Johto.

But that’s not enough. Sai wants to prove that flying types are superior to everything else, so he has to defeat the most skilled flying type trainer, Champion Lance. But to do that, Sai will have to collect the remaining badges of the Pokemon league. So he travels to Union Cave, with Yossarian still being a beast and defeating every trainer in his path. Just before Union Cave, Sai encounters a man who tries to sell him a Slopoke Tail for rediculus 1’000’000 Pokedollars. Lady is all over this new accessory, thinking this must be the new fashionable thing that the Pokemon supermodels wear, but Sai can’t afford it. To console her, Sai buys her an Old Rod instead, but it seems that he has lost the sympathy of his Ladyba for the rest of his journey…

My team:

Yossarian
Trait: Tangled Feet
Nature: Naive
Level: 17
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Gust
  • Quick Attack
Trainers soloed: 19

Lady
Trait: Swarm
Level: 15
  • Reflect
  • Light Sceen
  • Safeguard
  • Comet Punch
Lady Counters: 1

sucks
Trait: Inner Focus
Level: 13
  • Leech Life
  • Supersonic
  • Astonish
  • Bite

One more question concerning Lady. When you say I have to solo one organization boss, does that include the small ones at Slopoke Well and inside the Rocket hideout or just the one at the end of the Radio Tower?
One piece of advice about soloing Bugsy - Supersonic will save your life!
This scramble's shaping enough to be really interesting, too! :D

Pikasai, on the organization boss, anyone who shows the "leader" introduction will do. However, if you feel really up to it, go ahead and solo the radio tower one.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
We keep to the in-game levels unless, like in team galactic, they evolve the pokemon to early, in which case we boost the levels up with the same difference between levels as down in the teens or whatever.
Also we usually do about 2 matches playing normally, and on the third I just throw it. :P

Hey guys,

I should have a couple of updates ready to be up by the end of the week. Because I get bored of only playing one pokemon game at a time, I was wondering if it would be possible for you guys to give me another challenge? I'm thinking Heart Gold, and with my team being themed around one of the evil teams throughout the series (Aqua, Magma, Rocket, Plasma etc) first person to reply gets to choose the team. Looking for only six pokemon this time.

Cheers guys!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ Dodgerr: Your Team Plasma Challenge will feature Zinzolin the Swinub.

Zinzolin as a Swinub has been shivering in the coldness of the Ice Path for many years, & as a result has become bipolar about coldness. It may only know & keep one Ice-Type move at any time, but his shifting views of the cold means that whenever you have an odd-number of badges, it may never use Ice-Type moves in battle. When you have an even-number of badges, it may only use Ice-Type moves in battle. Zinzolin is also bipolar when it comes to Hail as well, so whenever Hail is on the field, when you have an odd-number of badges, Zinzolin must switch out of battle & cannot come back until the hail stops. When you have an even-number of badges, Zinzolin must switch in to battle & cannot switch out unless it faints, or the hail stops. Zinzolin must solo a Gym Leader to evolve past Piloswine.

Have fun.

Dodgerr, for your Team Plasma Challange I give you Colress the Magnemite. He wants to control other Pokemon, and so must learn Supersonic immediately and always use it if the opponent is not confused. He wants to prove his power by soloing a gym. When this is done, he may evolve. Solo an elite 4 member to evolve into Magnezone, if you can trade.
GL

Hey guys,

I should have a couple of updates ready to be up by the end of the week. Because I get bored of only playing one pokemon game at a time, I was wondering if it would be possible for you guys to give me another challenge? I'm thinking Heart Gold, and with my team being themed around one of the evil teams throughout the series (Aqua, Magma, Rocket, Plasma etc) first person to reply gets to choose the team. Looking for only six pokemon this time.

Cheers guys!
Dodgerr, take N the Hoothoot. As a Hoothoot, N wants to free all the Pokémon, of course. As such, he must solo ALL Trainer owned Pokémon until he evolves into a Noctowl, and not battle any Pokémon that are wild.

After evolving, N realizes that he may have been wrong to think all Pokémon should be freed. As such, he no longer has to solo every single Trainer owned Pokémon, but must rather enlighten others using solely Psychic moves (so he can only use Psychic moves, at least only attacking-wise). Good luck!

reserving Ghetsis

So Dodgerr, take Ghetsis the Dunsparce ASAP. Ghetsis is an evil, evil, evil, ... very evil person and the leader of Team Plasma. Whenever he meets someone he does not like, he glares at them and Pursuits them. When they still do not listen, he screeches at them and rages. Therefore, teach and keep its four moves as Rage, Glare, Pursuit and Screech. Because it feels it is the Boss of your team, whenever one team member faints, he unleashes its rage on them and prevents them from fighting for the next five trainer battles. Moreover, Ghetsis is a luxury guy. Whenever you get to use an item on someone else on your team, he uses three of that item as well. (Trash after battle / use on him). This goes from healing items to berries and pokeballs used to catch a poke. (hehe) Being the Boss it is, it naturally despises Team Rocket, and therefore wants to solo their leaders Proton, Ariana and Archer at the Radio Tower. When he succeeds, he is proud that team Plasma has prevailed and he took them down (learn take down over rage), but it is only then that he reveals his true plan. Solo Lance at the pokemon league, grab the champion title and command all lowly trainers of the world! So, he has to do so. Upon achieving this goal, He recieves the news that there is still a stronger trainer out there, by the name of Red. Seeking full control and power, he sets out to mount silver and knocks out all of his pokemon. (Note, knock out, not solo)

GL

Ps: you could expect to get a true leader pokemon who wants to beat al the good and bad guys. Ghetsis will prevail!

Dodgerr, catch 3 separate Gastly in Sprout Tower.
They will be the Shadow Triad and alternate in & out of your party.

Rules:

- When you catch Ghetsis, their unwavering loyalty shows by whichever one in your party revenge killing whoever KOs him.

- They believe in Hit & Run, so must never battle more than one pokémon in a row, except when doing their required solos (see below), or one is your last surviving pokémon
- Each of these solos can only be done once.

- They don't want to build up a reputation anywhere, so each Shadow can only be healed in one pokémon centre once each. (One Shadow, one heal in Azalea, etc.)

Shadow 1:
- Must never evolve past Haunter (if you're trading)
- Can only use damaging special attacks
- Must learn an HP draining attack ASAP, then never not have one
- Can unlock the right to use one non damaging move (Hypnosis, etc.) by soloing a Gym Leader or Rival battle

Shadow 2:
- Can never use direct damage attacks
- Must never evolve past Gastly
- Must learn Double Team ASAP (Ninjas, an' all that)

Shadow 3:
- Can only use physical attacks
- Must always know one Punching move & use it in every major battle he's in
- Unlock one special attack by soloing 20 Trainer owned pokémon with your punching attack

Now - The rules on how they work together:

- Only 1 in your party at a time.
- There must never be more than a 3 level gap between them (if that happens, fix it ASAP)
- One can only leave your party if it faints, or if it's at least 3 levels higher than one of the others
- If one faints, it cannot be used again until the other 2 have been used afterwards (If 2 in a row faint, bring back the one that fainted first)

EDIT: Since I'm not a complete bastard, you are allowed to look at their natures & stats before assigning them their roles :)
Also, "pokémon centre" constitutes any place where your party can be fully healed, but you can heal them at the league more than once only if you're going straight into an E4 challenge!

Celever

i am town
Dodgerr, take grunt (bellsprout)admin(weepinbell + victreebell) the (dammit present I wanted dunsparce) Bellsprout. (How many brackets can you get in one sentence!?)
Grunt is a grunt. He was born a grunt, he has lived as a grunt, but will he die a grunt? Well, how you use him will decide this. Grunts are many, but the lowest of the low. Unfortunately surviving as a grunt in an organization such as team plasma means you have to stand out, and Bellsprout needs to do this, showing he can do things no other bellsprout can do. In team plasma, earning 17 points promotes you to admin (sorry if this is not plasma(y) enough, but I think you will enjoy it either way (and all challenges are optional, if you fail at too many I can give more))
First motto of team plasma is "no mercy, even if they are your own kind". You must solo all bellsprout in bellsprout tower (not hoothoot!) with no pokemon center visits, and a maximum of one potion used on it. This earns you 3 points.
Second motto of team plasma is "go beyond the normal [insert pokemon/human]". You must solo either all of Falkner's gym and Falkner or/and all of bugsy's gym and Bugsy. Solo'ing Falkner is 2 points, soloing Bugsy is 3 points, soloing both is 7 points.
Third motto of team plasma is "healing is for wimps". You must never heal it with items of any kind, and can only be healed in a group with others (so basically no healing if this is the first thing you capture, and no healing unless grunt is the last pokemon not fainted, you would have to white out) in a pokemon center (no PC trick either!). Doing this before you can evolve into a weepinbell will score you 9 points (so get to only 8 points and you can evolve into admin!).
The final motto for team plasma is "destroy the weak mercilessly". So beating 20 trainer-owned water, ground or rock types will grab you 2 points.

Unfortunately, if grunt faints 25 times before evolving he will be booted from the team, you will have to catch another bellsprout and start again.

Once it gets 17 points and evolves, then rename is admin, and all of the last challenge is removes.
Now, if Admin faints 35 times then he will be down-graded to grunt. Start again!
Besides that though, is that admin believes he is the master of all grass and poison types, and must solo every single one, trainer owned, wild, doesn't matter. It likes to boss you and your team around, but occasionally has to be put in its place by Ghetsis or N. If it ends up in a double battle with either of them, N or Ghetsis must continuously hit Admin until it dies.

Enjoy! :P

Dodgerr, take grunt (bellsprout)admin(weepinbell + victreebell) the (dammit present I wanted dunsparce) Bellsprout. (How many brackets can you get in one sentence!?)
Grunt is a grunt. He was born a grunt, he has lived as a grunt, but will he die a grunt? Well, how you use him will decide this. Grunts are many, but the lowest of the low. Unfortunately surviving as a grunt in an organization such as team plasma means you have to stand out, and Bellsprout needs to do this, showing he can do things no other bellsprout can do. In team plasma, earning 17 points promotes you to admin (sorry if this is not plasma(y) enough, but I think you will enjoy it either way (and all challenges are optional, if you fail at too many I can give more))
First motto of team plasma is "no mercy, even if they are your own kind". You must solo all bellsprout in bellsprout tower (not hoothoot!) with no pokemon center visits, and a maximum of one potion used on it. This earns you 3 points.
Second motto of team plasma is "go beyond the normal [insert pokemon/human]". You must solo either all of Falkner's gym and Falkner or/and all of bugsy's gym and Bugsy. Solo'ing Falkner is 2 points, soloing Bugsy is 3 points, soloing both is 7 points.
Third motto of team plasma is "healing is for wimps". You must never heal it with items of any kind, and can only be healed in a group with others (so basically no healing if this is the first thing you capture, and no healing unless grunt is the last pokemon not fainted, you would have to white out) in a pokemon center (no PC trick either!). Doing this before you can evolve into a weepinbell will score you 9 points (so get to only 8 points and you can evolve into admin!).
The final motto for team plasma is "destroy the weak mercilessly". So beating 20 trainer-owned water, ground or rock types will grab you 2 points.

Unfortunately, if grunt faints 25 times before evolving he will be booted from the team, you will have to catch another bellsprout and start again.

Once it gets 17 points and evolves, then rename is admin, and all of the last challenge is removes.
Now, if Admin faints 35 times then he will be down-graded to grunt. Start again!
Besides that though, is that admin believes he is the master of all grass and poison types, and must solo every single one, trainer owned, wild, doesn't matter. It likes to boss you and your team around, but occasionally has to be put in its place by Ghetsis or N. If it ends up in a double battle with either of them, N or Ghetsis must continuously hit Admin until it dies.

Enjoy! :P
Oh boy - Our challenges' policies on healing clash in the most evil way :D

Celever

i am town
Oh boy - Our challenges' policies on healing clash in the most evil way :D
I haven't even read your challenge yet, and was typing it up as you were, honest.
No complete and utter frustration and horror on purpose dodgerr! ;)

Edit for below: Yeah, sorry forgot about that present. Ghetsis' solo takes priority over (hopefully by that point) admin.

Dodgerr, please be aware that Ghetsis' solo's take precedent on celever's grass / poison solo. So yes, in Ghetsis solo's, it still has to solo grass and poison type pokemon if they are there (I think they are there in the team rocket solo's at the very least). I have not read the rest, though, but keep in mind that Ghetsis solo's have to be fulfilled. (It is THE boss after all) ;0

Dodgerr, please be aware that Ghetsis' solo's take precedent on celever's grass / poison solo. So yes, in Ghetsis solo's, it still has to solo grass and poison type pokemon if they are there (I think they are there in the team rocket solo's at the very least). I have not read the rest, though, but keep in mind that Ghetsis solo's have to be fulfilled. (It is THE boss after all) ;0
Also, any solo of a Trainer N has to do doesn't take priority over someone else's solo. So even more grinding for you. :3

Holy shit this is finally done

WHITE UPDATE FOR THE WIN!

previous chapter (earlier chapters and challanges in my sig)

Juniper's Lab

“Professor, look what I found!” Jonathan held up his rather beaten up Snivy, who was feebly clawing at the leather collar affixed around her neck.

“She looks rather unhappy. Don’t you think it would be proper to loosen up the collar a bit? Or clean her up so those cuts don’t get infected?”

Jonathan frowned. “I had to put the collar on her so she didn’t run away after I released the trap.”

“But you didn’t have to put it on so tight, did you? She isn’t going anywhere in this state. Here...” The professor tugged at the leather outside of the collar, loosening it. “If you’re going to study them, best not to make them hate you.”

"Oh...well...”

“While you’re here, might as well show you how to clean wounds." The professor took Snivy to a basin on the far side of the room. "First, you must mix soap in with the water-it helps prevent infection. Then use a rag to apply the mixture to the wound." Snivy winced and shifted away from the professor. "It does sting a little. If a wound has scabbed over, like this one on her face, then let it be. The scabs will protect the wound until it heals."

"But what if an infection grows after all that?"

"Unfortunately, we have no way to cure maladies in ourselves, let alone Pokemon. If she falls ill and her condition fails to improve after several days, it could be better for everyone's sanity if you were to put her out of her misery.”

“How will that help our research?” The professor dried Snivy’s wounds and wrapped them with strips of cloth.

“It will aid your research by allowing you to turn your eye to other species. It will aid my research by allowing me to perform an autopsy. I would LOVE to see the progression of disease in a pokemon compared to a human.”

“Well, as long as she’ll be fine this time....”

“I think she will.”

“Professor, after my friends found pokemon, they went to visit you and didn’t return. Where are they now?”

“They started their journey, of course! They’re just up the road in Accumula Town.”

“I’ll be off, then. I’d like to catch up to them and say hello.” Jonathan tugged on the rope leash he had made. “Come on, Snivy. We’re going.”

The pair of them hit the road, cutting a strange figure. One human halfway between boy and man, one bandaged Snivy being tugged along on a collar.

Snivy had been terrified ever since the human had woken her up following her night in the trap. She had been dragged away by him, dunked in water, and almost choked to death before the Professor loosened her collar. Now she stumbled along behind the first human, every second taking her further away from the forest where she had lived her entire life.

Snivy saw her chance, her only way out. She sped up until she was next to the human.

“Feeling a little better, now?” Jonathan asked.

Snivy crouched with her remaining energy and leapt for the hand holding the leash. She sank her teeth in, warm human blood spilling into her mouth.

“OW!” Jonathan yelled, feeling the fangs knifing through his skin. He released the rope, and Snivy dashed off into the grassy fields. “Why bother? You can’t possibly get away!” The rope slithered away into the grass.

It wasn’t very difficult for Jonathan to track Snivy down. He dashed after Snivy as she tore away through the brush. If it wasn’t for the rope, Snivy probably would have been able to escape just by getting a head start and then lying still to blend into the grass. With the rope, all she could hope for was to outrun the human.

Suddenly, she felt the collar jerk into her throat, and she gasped for air as Jonathan reeled the leash in until he was holding her by the collar. “Going somewhere, Snivy?”

Snivy heard a knife slide from a sheathe, and she closed her eyes, waiting for the end.

It didn’t come. Jonathan dropped her to the ground and swung his knapsack off his back. He dropped it on top of Snivy, pinning her to the ground. From inside, he drew a length of rope.
“You must be terrified of me. I don’t want to hurt you like this, but I also would rather you not try to leave again.” He cut the rope off and knelt down by Snivy’s head. He wrapped it around Snivy’s muzzle, cinched it tight, and stepped back to admire his work.

Snivy wriggled and grunted as Jonathan lifted the sack from her back, allowing her to stand once more. She tried to snap at his leg, but found that she couldn’t open her mouth.

“If you behave yourself, I’ll take this off when I stop for the night and I’ll give you some food and water. If not, the rope stays on. Sit here for a minute while I treat my hand, and then we’re off to Accumula.” Snivy strained at the rope in vain until Jonathan tied it to his backpack while he wrapped his hand. Finally, he stood, his hand wrapped in gauze.

The pair kept walking, and by the time the sun was approaching the horizon, the pair had reached Accumula Town. Jonathan swung open the door to a building conveniently labeled “inn”.

“Good evening, madam. Might you have a room for a young traveler tonight?”

“Sorry, hun. I just sold my last room a few minutes ago. You’ll have to find somewhere else to lay your head tonight.” The owner glanced over the counter. “What do you have on the leash there?”

“It’s a Snivy, she won’t hu---”

“GET IT OUT! IF ANYONE HEARD I’M LETTING PEOPLE IN HERE WITH ANIMALS--OH, ARCEUS, JUST GET OUT!”

Jonathan left and headed out of town, still dragging the bone-tired Snivy behind him. She stumbled along, hopes of escape forgotten. She was dead on her feet, begging in her mind for the human to stop and feed her.

Finally, Jonathan stopped, clearing a patch of ground just outside the town. “We’ll sleep here tonight. After we eat.” Snivy flopped down on the ground, wondering if she would fall asleep before she ate. She was tired enough to allow Jonathan to tie her leash to a branch without a fight. “It’ll be a few minutes-have to roast this meat so we don’t fall ill.”

Snivy rested her body against the tree she was tied to, whimpering and massaging her tired legs. While she might have been more agile then Jonathan, she was much slower. It was all she could do to not get dragged thanks to Jonathan’s quick pace. She examined her paws, and noticed several broken scales. She was used to the soft loam of the forest, not hard packed roads.

She wasn’t sure how long it was before Jonathan removed his pot from above the fire and tossed a few meat scraps over to Snivy. “Here, it’s done. Have some before you go to sleep.” Snivy tried to squeeze the strips of meat into her bound mouth, and failed miserably.

“Oh, sorry, I forgot about that. Here.” Jonathan reached over and undid the coil of rope holding Snivy’s mouth closed. A tear of something-gratitude? embarassment?-dripped down Snivy’s cheek as she stuffed two or three pieces of jerky into her mouth at once, and began to chew.

Maybe this “feed her until she follows me” thing will go a little better then I thought, Jonathan mused. Juniper must have been onto something.

Across the clearing, Snivy saw a pair of golden eyes watching her from a bush. She glared at the eyes until they vanished. Marking her territory was the only way to keep other pokemon away from the human. She continued to hungrily chew the meat, glad for a respite from the torment she had endured since the previous night. Jonathan himself dug into the rest of the meat.

“Mmm, this is good, isn’t it---look out!” A Lillipup bearing large golden eyes pounced from the brush and snatched a chunk of meat from in between Snivy’s paws. She leaped to her feet, pain forgotten as the vines unfurled from around her body. She may have issued an unspoken warning to stay, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to pick a fight if something tried to take her first food in days.

The Lillipup charged at Snivy, looking for more meat. She crouched and met him head on, clawing at the pup’s ribcage while he slashed at where her head was seconds before. Jonathan stepped back and watched the fight, all the while searching his bag for another collar.

Snivy wrapped her vines about Lillipup’s snapping jaws much like Jonathan had done earlier in the day, pinning them shut. The pup whined and scratched at the vines before darting towards the edge of the camp. Snivy had knotted her vines together, and so got dragged along until she hit the edge of her leash, the collar cutting into her throat. As she gasped for breath, the Lillipup turned around and attacked once more. Her vines removed themselves from Lillipup’s head just as he headbutted her, knocking her to the ground. Snivy kicked out with her paws as the Lillipup threw himself upon her, knocking the wind out of him. The two of them lay on the ground, catching their breath, when Jonathan crept around the campfire and snapped a collar around Lillipup’s neck. He dragged the tired pup over to another tree and tied the collar to a high hanging branch.

Snivy hung her head as she finished the last of her meat. She had dragged another pokemon into her horrific ordeal. And it all started with her warning to leave! As she drifted off into sleep, she heard the human thank her for giving him another Pokemon.

Snivy closed her eyes and cried herself to sleep.

This story is getting interesting for me to write-I keep coming up with new techniques for writing that I'm sure to use in Ruby at some point. I feel especially good about the alternating perspectives in this chapter-maybe I'll transplant that over to Ruby at some point.

Also, I'm glad that I was able to start a new story without any of the "well, Skarm did this in chapter 11, you've gotta top that now" that I've been feeling whenever I sit down to write for Ruby. At this point in Ruby Skarm's done so much crazy as hell stuff that it's getting hard to write for him without making him into a gung-ho action hero, and that's the kind of character that I absolutely despise both reading and writing for. I call it Badass syndrome; once you do something awesome early in a story, you're forced to top it later in the story if you want there to be a meaningful buildup to the climax, and if you top it then you're stuck upping the ante yet again....until it gets out of control.

For now, enjoy this White update! I'm going to get a link to the previous episode and get both episodes that aren't listed in my signature in there so you new guys can catch up. There will definitely be a Ruby update in the next few weeks, and another one celebrating the one year anniversary of Ruby (it's coming up fast!) So sit back, enjoy, and know that more's coming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)