Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Take ITSFORSCIENCE(shorten it somehow) of a pokemon of your choice. It may only use sound-based moves, because it is trying to get the foes to cooperate with his/her experiment (knocking them out). Since sound dissipitates proportionately to the square of the distance, it will not use its strongest move to a foe that is not straight across from it (in doubles+, it may not use its highest-power attack, after STAB is applied, to a foe that is not straight across from it), so that it dissipitates less.

FYI, the experiment is trying to get the opponent to attack itself.

If you want more science applied, then just ask.
Tentatively accepted. I'll add it to my list, but could you add a solo requirement and maybe a restriction on evolution? I'll be using Tympole, btw.

Last edited:
White 2
Include a starter
Everything must be able to fully evolve
No trading
Requested Difficulty 7-8/10

Caveat: Things should be difficult not tedious. For example: soloing the Fighting Dojo in Saffron with a Zubat before evolving to Golbat is an amusing challenge, an Onix that only knows Tackle trying to solo Erica is a waste of my time.
Catch grimer in Castelia sewers and its only poison move can be toxic, and it must have three attack moves.

Last edited:
Version: Pearl
Difficulty: Moderately Hard 7/10
Trading not allowed
I will not duplicate any types. AT ALL
All Pokemon require a nickname (keep it appropriate)
including a starter, 6 Pokemon
Well...go!

Last edited:
Version: Pearl
Difficulty: Moderately Hard 7/10
Trading not allowed
I will not duplicate any types. AT ALL
All Pokemon require a nickname (keep it appropriate)
including a starter, 6 Pokemon
Well...go!
Take Turtwig and name it Lawnmower.

True to his namesake, Lawnmower will be cuttin' grass. He must solo the Grass gym leader (with no items... bwahahaha) to evolve into Grotle (no restrictions into Torterra evo.).

Lawnmower is a fan of Cyrus, shaping nature to be better and whatnot is right in his wheelhouse. Therefore you may not use him against Cyrus at all.

White 2
Include a starter
No trading
Vratix take NO FIRE the Tepig. NO FIRE is scared of fire, and as such may not use Fire-type moves. NO FIRE must solo Cress to learn that fire is beatable by Water-types. After you solo Cress,
NO FIRE may evolve into Pignite. Then, to prove that Fire-types are beatable, NO FIRE must solo 5 trainer-owned Fire-type Pokemon. After that, NO FIRE may evolve into Emboar. After evolution into Emboar, NO FIRE cautiously approaches battling with fire, and may learn 1 Fire-type move. To finally get over his/her fear of fire once and for all, NO FIRE most solo Shauntal's Chandelure. After that, NO FIRE may learn as many Fire-type moves as you want.

Vratix take NO FIRE the Tepig. NO FIRE is scared of fire, and as such may not use Fire-type moves. NO FIRE must solo Cress to learn that fire is beatable by Water-types. After you solo Cress,
NO FIRE may evolve into Pignite. Then, to prove that Fire-types are beatable, NO FIRE must solo 5 trainer-owned Fire-type Pokemon. After that, NO FIRE may evolve into Emboar. After evolution into Emboar, NO FIRE cautiously approaches battling with fire, and may learn 1 Fire-type move. To finally get over his/her fear of fire once and for all, NO FIRE most solo Shauntal's Chandelure. After that, NO FIRE may learn as many Fire-type moves as you want.
You don't battle Cress in White 2 as the first gym leader. I'm sure as shit not waiting until post-E4 to evolve into Pignite if that's what you meant (but I'm assuming you mixed up White and White 2).

Regardless, this seems like more of a chore and less of a challenge. Soloing things (especially things I'm weak to) is fine and dandy. Great stuff. Weird move restrictions that basically waste a type slot on your team... Might I suggest moving the move requirements up a bit? Learn 1 as Pignite, learn whatever as Emboar...

Also, as a standard, I name things after the person who gave it. I hate kitchy nicknames, hence why I didn't mention them in the OP.

Take Turtwig and name it Lawnmower.

True to his namesake, Lawnmower will be cuttin' grass. He must solo the Grass gym leader (with no items... bwahahaha) to evolve into Grotle (no restrictions into Torterra evo.).

Lawnmower is a fan of Cyrus, shaping nature to be better and whatnot is right in his wheelhouse. Therefore you may not use him against Cyrus at all.
Someone already told me to use bidoof instead of a starter sorry, but you still can give me something else

White 2
Include a starter
No trading

Caveat: Things should be difficult not tedious. For example: soloing the Fighting Dojo in Saffron with a Zubat before evolving to Golbat is an amusing challenge, an Onix that only knows Tackle trying to solo Erica is a waste of my time.
Catch grimer in Castelia sewers and its only poison move can be toxic, and it must have three attack moves.

Reminding one more time of my Soulsilver Scramble based on comics. Currently have Aquaman the Poliwag, Hobbes the Growlithe, and Garfield the meowth.

chaostothemax, take Jason the (male) Abra. Jason is a bit of a geek. First of all, he hates girls. Thus, he may not battle female Pokemon at all unless he is the only one left. Furthermore, Jason loves bugs. So, he may not switch out against Bug-types, and must let them live for at least 2 turns before killing them. (In the case of a female bug-type, however, the 2-turn rule does not apply.) In addition, Jason absolutely must be the smartest Pokemon around. So, he must always have either the highest Special Attack or Special Defense on your team; if he does not, he must train until he does. He can evolve into Kadabra anytime, but to evolve into Alakazam, he must a) stay in against and defeat at least 10 different Bug-types, and b) prove that he is the smartest by soloing Will using only Psychic attacks. Finally, since Blaine likes quizzes and tests, Jason must solo his entire gym. (To clarify, Pokemon center trips and healing items are perfectly fine.)

I'd also like to remind people that I need 3 more Pokemon for my White science-themed scramble; the link is in my sig.

Hey guys, I haven't been here for a hell of a long time. I'm just about to graduate so I want something to kill time, starting Tuesday.

Hit me up with a Scramble challenge for Diamond, HG and Black. I cannot trade, would prefer to be able to evolve everything. 6 Pokemon for each version.

Diamond
-
-
-
-
-
-

HG
-
-
-
-
-
-

Black
-
-
-
-
-
-

chaostothemax, take Jason the (male) Abra. Jason is a bit of a geek. First of all, he hates girls. Thus, he may not battle female Pokemon at all unless he is the only one left. Furthermore, Jason loves bugs. So, he may not switch out against Bug-types, and must let them live for at least 2 turns before killing them. (In the case of a female bug-type, however, the 2-turn rule does not apply.) In addition, Jason absolutely must be the smartest Pokemon around. So, he must always have either the highest Special Attack or Special Defense on your team; if he does not, he must train until he does. He can evolve into Kadabra anytime, but to evolve into Alakazam, he must a) stay in against and defeat at least 10 different Bug-types, and b) prove that he is the smartest by soloing Will using only Psychic attacks. Finally, since Blaine likes quizzes and tests, Jason must solo his entire gym. (To clarify, Pokemon center trips and healing items are perfectly fine.)

I'd also like to remind people that I need 3 more Pokemon for my White science-themed scramble; the link is in my sig.
Accepted! Is this based off of any one character, or is it just a general comic book reader? :P I'll give you one back when I have time.

PSA: We have a lot of people on here asking for challanges, but very few giving them. I'll give you all Scramble Pokemon, but only if you make ones for me and others in return.

I would like to request a pokemon Y scramble challange. I cannot trade. I would like to have a starter, and prefer the challenges to not take alot of tracking, or counting. Also, I would prefer this challenge to be easy-ish. Some harder challenges are fine, as long as you don't do something insanely unfair.
Also, please give me nicknames, I am terrible at coming up with names ;P. I also really like thematic challenges! Lastly, thanks to all the people who spend their time here giving people challenges. Really appreciate it!

I would like to request a pokemon Y scramble challange. I cannot trade. I would like to have a starter, and prefer the challenges to not take alot of tracking, or counting. Also, I would prefer this challenge to be easy-ish. Some harder challenges are fine, as long as you don't do something insanely unfair.
Also, please give me nicknames, I am terrible at coming up with names ;P. I also really like thematic challenges! Lastly, thanks to all the people who spend their time here giving people challenges. Really appreciate it!
clloxin, take Whether the Helioptile. As you may be aware of, Helioptile and Heliolisk can have one of three abilities, allowing to capitalise upon any weather condition (except Hail, but lol, hail teams suck). Depending on which ability you get whether must learn Rain Dance (Dry Skin; Lumiose City Pokemart $50, 000) or Sandstorm (Sand Veil; Shalour City Pokemart $50 000). I'd recommend investing in an Amulet Coin ASAP. If the weather on the field becomes one that that Whether cannot summon, it must switch in immediately and change it to it's own weather (unless this interferes with another challenge, e.g. a solo). Speaking of solo's; Whether must, KO Wulfric's Abomasnow, while Whether's own weather is in effect, (not actually too hard, because it doesn't have Hail evidently).

For added difficulty, to show off Heliolisk's versitility (or rather, the versitility it would of had in gen V) Whether must know moves of all of different types, not counting Rain Dance/Sandstorm (i.e. You can have two Water/Rock moves (does Heliolisk even get two Water/Rock moves?), but not two electric moves).

GL;HF
Don't hesitate to ask incase of questions/concerns.
And yes, while typing this I did regret naming it "Whether".

clloxin, take Whether the Helioptile. As you may be aware of, Helioptile and Heliolisk can have one of three abilities, allowing to capitalise upon any weather condition (except Hail, but lol, hail teams suck). Depending on which ability you get whether must learn Rain Dance (Dry Skin; Lumiose City Pokemart $50, 000) or Sandstorm (Sand Veil; Shalour City Pokemart $50 000). I'd recommend investing in an Amulet Coin ASAP. If the weather on the field becomes one that that Whether cannot summon, it must switch in immediately and change it to it's own weather (unless this interferes with another challenge, e.g. a solo). Speaking of solo's; Whether must, KO Wulfric's Abomasnow, while Whether's own weather is in effect, (not actually too hard, because it doesn't have Hail evidently).

For added difficulty, to show off Heliolisk's versitility (or rather, the versitility it would of had in gen V) Whether must know moves of all of different types, not counting Rain Dance/Sandstorm (i.e. You can have two Water/Rock moves (does Heliolisk even get two Water/Rock moves?), but not two electric moves).

GL;HF
Don't hesitate to ask incase of questions/concerns.
And yes, while typing this I did regret naming it "Whether".
thanks!

I still have 5 slots for my pokemon y scramble. I also need a starter!

Awesome, thanks!

As for the answer to your question...

It's based on Jason from FoxTrot, a newspaper comic strip.
Oh man, how did I not realize that >.< FoxTrot's one of my favorites!

Anyway, I'm coming up with yours right now. It should be ready in 15-25 minutes.
EDIT: Alright, here we go.
lucariomaster2, take Flame Test the Darumaka. Flame Test is a chemistry geek, who loves to test out the properties of substances using the flame test. Every time the opponent send out a Poison-type, have Flame Test use a Fire-type move on it, to see if it combusts. If the move kills the opponent, then that's all well and good; however, if it doesn't, use the move again. After all, science is all about repeated results! Flame Test can also only use Special Fire-type moves, since it always follows safety regulations and stays a good distance away from open flames. To evolve, perform the Flame Test on 10 Pokemon.
Upon Evolving, Flame Test realizes that there are other properties to be tested aside from combustibility; there's also durability! Teach it a physical fighting-type move, and have it use that once in addition to the two fire moves. However, since it's a geek that doesn't get a lot of exercise, it can only use that when it needs to; as a result, it cannot use that move aside from testing purposes.

In short:
-Darumaka named Flame Test
-Must know only special fire-type moves
-when a Poison type is switched in, use the fire move twice on it
-Do the Flame Test 10 times to evolve
-Upon evolving, teach it a fighting-type physical move
-Add said move to the flame test rotation, but only use it for that

Does this work?

Last edited:
Oh man, how did I not realize that >.< FoxTrot's one of my favorites!

Anyway, I'm coming up with yours right now. It should be ready in 15-25 minutes.
EDIT: Alright, here we go.
lucariomaster2, take Flame Test the Darumaka. Flame Test is a chemistry geek, who loves to test out the properties of substances using the flame test. Every time the opponent send out a Poison-type, have Flame Test use a Fire-type move on it, to see if it combusts. If the move kills the opponent, then that's all well and good; however, if it doesn't, use the move again. After all, science is all about repeated results! Flame Test can also only use Special Fire-type moves, since it always follows safety regulations and stays a good distance away from open flames. To evolve, perform the Flame Test on 10 Pokemon.
Upon Evolving, Flame Test realizes that there are other properties to be tested aside from combustibility; there's also durability! Teach it a physical fighting-type move, and have it use that once in addition to the two fire moves. However, since it's a geek that doesn't get a lot of exercise, it can only use that when it needs to; as a result, it cannot use that move aside from testing purposes.

In short:
-Darumaka named Flame Test
-Must know only special fire-type moves
-when a Poison type is switched in, use the fire move twice on it
-Do the Flame Test 10 times to evolve
-Upon evolving, teach it a fighting-type physical move
-Add said move to the flame test rotation, but only use it for that
I like it. Accepted!
2 to go!

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lucariomaster2
Catch Proud the Mismagius. As Proud is proud, it will only fight Pokemon of a higher level than it and will only fight Pokemon that it is weak to.
It will not eat Leftovers or Berries as it thinks that they are food for peasants. Also, it may not use dirty tactics that are not related to real fighting.

Once it faints, it cannot be revived until another Pokemon in your party has fainted.
In short:
-Proud the Mismagius
-Can only fight Ghost- and Dark-types of a higher level than itself
-Cannot use Leftovers or Berries
-Cannot use status moves
-If fainted, may not be revived until another Pokemon in party has fainted

lucariomaster2
Catch Proud the Mismagius. As Proud is proud, it will only fight Pokemon of a higher level than it and will only fight Pokemon that it is weak to.
It will not eat Leftovers or Berries as it thinks that they are food for peasants. Also, it may not use dirty tactics that are not related to real fighting.

Once it faints, it cannot be revived until another Pokemon in your party has fainted.
In short:
-Proud the Mismagius
-Can only fight Ghost- and Dark-types of a higher level than itself
-Cannot use Leftovers or Berries
-Cannot use status moves
-If fainted, may not be revived until another Pokemon in party has fainted
I'm sorry to say that I can't accept this challange as it is for two reasons: First, it doesn't fit in with my theme of science, and second, Mismagius is unobtainable in White.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)