1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

EV Help

Discussion in 'VGC' started by bobhail9, Apr 21, 2014.

1. bobhail9

bobhail9

Im preparing to make my main VGC 2014 Team but I don't know what common pokemon run Special Fire moves....
    I know Hydregion runs Fire Blast as does Mence

My problem is that i need to figure out if my Escavilier should have AV or run certain EV's or Light Screen to live common fire type attacks... Can Anyone help?
  2. bwebber

bwebber

It's probably not in your best interest to try to have Escavalier survive Fire attacks, as it will require significant support and its too slow to retaliate back.

But anyway, common Fire attacks are:

- Mega Manectric Overheat
    - Modest LO Tyranitar Fire Blast
    - Rotom-H Overheat. The attack's power varies depending on the set the user is running
    - Chandelure Heat Wave/Overheat
    - Charizard Y Heat Wave/Overheat
  3. bobhail9

bobhail9

Im just going to run Light Screen to buff Special Attacks as a whole....(which helps Escaviler anyway)
  4. klvkboom

klvkboom

it should be noted that because Light Screen is slightly nerfed for doubles (30% as opposed to 50%), it may not be enough for Escavalier to survive these bigger fire attacks. Being 4x weak, as well as these attacks having high base power, you most likely need more than just Light Screen. I would say to accept the weakness but instead play around it by careful switching, because you don't want to invest too much as it will hurt your consistency against other threats.
  5. BWarky

BWarky

Choice Scarf Salamence usually will carry Fireblast as well.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)