1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

EV Training Spots in Black/White

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Mekkah, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Akatsuki

Akatsuki

Cool, didn't know that.
  2. Mikazukinoyaiba

Mikazukinoyaiba

I recommend Yanmask as well for Defense EV training.

50% appearance rate in the Relic Castle 1F and B1F
  3. Arcticblast

Arcticblast
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

You can choose to send it to the PC.

This thread is going to be REALLY useful. Sticky?
  4. thunderstone

thunderstone

Definitely needs to be stickied.
  5. Nirobi

Nirobi

This thread is very helpful I can finally start EV training the all 5th gen team I wanted to make. This thread should definently be stickied.
  6. inept

inept

you can't use zekrom or reshiram for battle subway/online rated battles(march 30th) anyway, so not like it needs proper nature or EV training for story mode.

also you get 6 pokemon but only 3 pokemon sent out(pokemon stadium style) so even though defense is hard to train for, it wont really be necessary as very few walls get used in 3s anyway.
  7. NijaSkills

NijaSkills

This also works by using X-items on a pokemon not in battle. It will say that the location is wrong and skip your turn.
  8. NijaSkills

NijaSkills

That is because EV's are now applied immediately, and not just at level-ups.
  9. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

Oh yeah, Mekkah, update the OP with Ancient Castle B6 Floor for a 65% chance of Defense EVs, slightly higher if you have a KOed Lv. 47 Pokemon in the front of your team and use Repels.
  10. Frostavenger

Frostavenger

Is there a way to get the berrys that lower the EVs alrdy done on pokemon in Black/white?
  11. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Not in-game. Your only hope is to wait for them to be released in the Dream World.
  12. Frostavenger

Frostavenger

Thanks.

Wish i knew about these b4 i took my pokemon from SS and Plat =/

Now i need to start up anther SS or HG to get the right scizor :( that can learn Superpower
  13. Chieliee

Chieliee

It's not even sure they'll be in the DW. They weren't in the Japanese version. (iirc)
  14. RomanceDawn

RomanceDawn

Aw man! Are you serious?! Now when you say "not even sure" is it that someone just never came across the different berries yet and we just know they are programed in there or what? Very curious/worried now.
  15. xero_k

xero_k

Is there really any good reason to remove berry accessibility? even if they're released on the DW, it sounds like growing may be a pain...
  16. Mikazukinoyaiba

Mikazukinoyaiba

Typical gamefreak, two steps forward than five steps back when it comes to the competitive field. It's like they have different teams that don't communicate when they make these games.
  17. DoubleJG

DoubleJG

The lack of EV berries is a huge pain for me. I had an Adamant Excadrill throughout my story adventure and was hoping to just EV bomb it in the end. *Sigh*
  18. Chieliee

Chieliee

There's a high chance that EV berries will be in the DW, just not 100% certain.
  19. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Has it been confirmed whether Druddigon gives 1 or 2 attack EV's?
  20. CPU

CPU

It's two.

Bulbapedia is wrong.
  21. lmitchell0012

lmitchell0012 Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Three words: STICKY THIS THREAD!!!!

Also, are there any pokemon who give just 1 speed EV??
  22. GMLW

GMLW

^Amazing first post.

Anyway, is there anywhere else to get SpA EVs? Litwick give 1 fucking point, and I don't feel like sitting through that.
  23. Mikazukinoyaiba

Mikazukinoyaiba

I take it you're not using Pokerus and the Power Items?

Your options for a quick, abundant, and weak SpA EV pokemon are very few. I would check Serebii's pokedex for any other pokemon that grant such EVs.
  24. amphouse

amphouse

Can you, or anyone else, explain this to me? Why do you need a dead pokemon and repels? I've never heard anything like this on bulbapedia or anything...
  25. Chieliee

Chieliee

When using a repel, it keeps away pokes lower levelled than the poke in the front of your party

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)