Evasion?

What do you think of this team

• A Good Idea (But still a no)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So seeing how evasion has been implemented as a trial in Ubers, I wanted to try it out. However, there are only really 2 sets that work.

One involves Sandstream and Sand Veil.
Essentially just Hippowdon AND T-Tar, Hippo Defensive, and T-Tar offensive, both having Sand Stream, and Garchomp having Sand veil, and using 1 double team before Expert Belt/Life Orb FireFang, Outrage, Earthquake

However, I found that set in annhilated by Genesect, and any other weather
It was just losing too often.

So I implemented a Baton Pass Team.

Here it is.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Ingrain
- Spore
- Quiver Dance/Double Team
- Baton Pass
Smeargle is the ultimate Baton Pass Starter. At least in my opinion. He can set up spore, which gives him time to Ingrain (because otherwise the whole Baton Pass thing is F&$^ed!) and Quiver Dance maybe once before spewing it off to someone bulkier. This set isn't final. I've debated Subs, but because he is running Focus Sash, and Dragon Tail ruins the set, Ingrain tends to work better and act as a pseudo-leftovers for everyone else. Shell Smash and Double Team have also taken place in the stead of Quiver, but I tend not to like Shell because of the extreme defense drop (I understand it can be better... it's just me) and Double Team is risky at first... So I go back and forth.
COMMENTS FOR WHICH ARE MUCH OBLIGED

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Double Team
- X-Scissor
- Protect
It's hilarious to have a Shedinja, because you get one turn to use Double Team, and one to protect. This shows what moves the opponent has (because Shedi only has 5 weaknesses, it has to be one of the 5 or status) Focus Sash keeps one mess up, and X Scissor prevents Taunt.
And excellent Pivot/Scouter.

Illumise @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Double Team
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
This is where it gets razor thin. If you've gotten this far, the home stretch is almost near. Prankster is a godsend with Baton Pass, and Thunder Wave gives you a chance for Substitute not to be completely obliterated every turn (because let's face it, Illumise is terrible) 1 paralysis, and you can baton pass to the sweeper, the extra Double Team is there in case the previous two have been taken out, and you need to restart.

Espeon @ Brightpowder
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 116 SpAtt
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind/Double Team
- Psyshock
- Double Team/Sub
- Baton Pass
Espeon is a gorgeous pokemon. It allows for status and hazard to be reflected, so only direct attacks take hold, and with brightpowder and evasion boosters, that isn't the easiest task. Calm Mind Helps the Sweepers (and espeon) but Substitute keeps the opponents at bay. I go back and forth. It's 4 move syndrome here.
SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME

(The Sweeper) Genesect @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
The ulti-mon in my opinion, it has ridiculous coverage (only being not super effective against Kyurem and Reshiram for the most part) with expert belt makes him a force. Especially since Ho-oh's inaccurate Sacred Fire, or Fire Blast is the only real OHKO move you can do without setup, low accuracy+evasion=death. It's math.

(The Backup) Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 HP
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
The Pokemon that I'm using least in my team but it has his uses. It works if Genesect is taken down, with a lot of resistances, and a decent coverage and excellent stats, it works well as a secondary revenge killer. However, it is easily outsped. so other suggestions are welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)