Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hello (PIKACHU315111),

Thank you for your interest in the Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle newsletter promotion. (ME: Yes for some reason this part was in purple?)

We’re sorry to hear that you had trouble receiving the recent newsletter.

Even after normal troubleshooting steps, we find that a small number of customers still may not successfully receive the newsletter. If you suspect this is the case, we recommend that you change the email address you use with your Pokémon Trainer Club account. (ME: And yet there was no problem with you sending THIS message to my gmail, but no, obviously the problem is on my end. Ugh, fine, I'll switch back to my old email I guess)

Typically, we are unable to send replacement codes for any reason, but for this distribution we secured a limited amount of additional codes for the promotion and wanted to share these ones with you: (ME: "Wanted to"? No, unless it was followed by "not look like lying jerks". I jumped through the hoops to get the codes, it should be saying "and here are your replacement codes:")

Zarude: (ALREADY REDEEMED - It's very fashionable)
Celebi: (ALREADY REDEEMED - So very pretty)

Please note:
codes are valid until 12/31/2021

Sincerely,
Agent_Micky (ME: Now I said some harsh things but it's not towards the people in customer support but rather the system they're working in. Whenever I said "you" above it was referring to PUSA as an entity)
Got my codes! :blobthumbsup: #Bog Monsterlmaogetfucked

I was impatient so I bought Japanese Celebi/Zarude codes when they were first released in Japan, since I knew it would be a long time before the rest of the world of them since they were tied to a movie. I'm glad that both pairs of switch titles(Let's Go and Sword/Shield) make code-based mystery gifts region-free, since it allows me to get ahold of lots of interesting stuff, like I got the Cherish Ball Shiny Krabby and Cherish Ball Celebrate Chansey for Let's Go. Also allowed me to get all of the Pokemon Scrap Codes for Sword and Shield(which included various mythicals and a bunch of rare Pokeballs)

This is a weird one: According to Serebii, the next three online competitions are giving out the shiny Galarian bird trio as entry prizes.
Doesn't look weird to me: Shiny Tapus and later shiny cover legendaries were given as reward for partecipating to the online competitions at the ending gen 7 as well.
I'd not be surprised if eventually they give out shiny kubfu.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Doesn't look weird to me: Shiny Tapus and later shiny cover legendaries were given as reward for partecipating to the online competitions at the ending gen 7 as well.
I'd not be surprised if eventually they give out shiny kubfu.
Idk, Kubfu feels like one of those that's destined to have its shiny form withheld for a long while. They've still got to give out Eternatus, Calyrex, Spectrier, Glastrier and Zarude in their shiny forms and those all feel like they'd be higher priority. We're still waiting on shiny Marshadow, Hoopa, Keldeo...

Kind of expected that they'd have dropped shiny G-Max Melmetal by now, though.

Idk, Kubfu feels like one of those that's destined to have its shiny form withheld for a long while. They've still got to give out Eternatus, Calyrex, Spectrier, Glastrier and Zarude in their shiny forms and those all feel like they'd be higher priority. We're still waiting on shiny Marshadow, Hoopa, Keldeo...

Kind of expected that they'd have dropped shiny G-Max Melmetal by now, though.
I disagree a bit, they have been giving the shiny forms for all the "current gen leges" in gen 7 but they gave out the regular legendaries (Tapus and tecnically Naganadel since regular UBs weren't shiny locked in USUM) before the cover ones.
Base SwSh didn't have regular legendaries, only the dogs + eternatus, and the dogs already got the Shiny giveaway.

Considering DLCs can be seen as their own "game", it would make more sense to give out the shiny birbs + kubfu + horses before Eternatus and Calyrex themselves.

For what concerns the Mythicals, Melmetal was never shiny locked (I have a shiny one myself) and since G-max factor can be "given" I wouldn't be necessarly counting on ever getting a G-max shiny Melmetal. As for other mythicals, honestly whenever they bother with shinys for them or not really just depends on if they have a reason to.
They haven't really given Mythicals as reward from regular in-game events like VGC, so if they plan to release these, it'll likely be togheter with some merchandise or movie rather than as online battle partecipation reward.

...that reminds me I prolly gonna have go and suicide 10 times in the competition to get the birbs... ugh the agony.

To commemorate the release of Legends Arceus (or just because I never got around to it before now), I have a Shiny Zamazenta code for Sword that I'm willing to give away since I can't use it myself. Or is there a section of this forum for giving away event codes? Either way, anyone who wants it can let me know.

To commemorate the release of Legends Arceus (or just because I never got around to it before now), I have a Shiny Zamazenta code for Sword that I'm willing to give away since I can't use it myself. Or is there a section of this forum for giving away event codes? Either way, anyone who wants it can let me know.
Check out the giveaway thread on the Wifi section,

Check out the giveaway thread on the Wifi section,
I thought about that, but the rules say I need to list the nature/IVs/EVs of the giveaway, so I assumed I shouldn't post there because I don't know those stats yet (unless event Pokémon have fixed attributes). I'll post a thread on there later if that's the correct thing to do.

I thought about that, but the rules say I need to list the nature/IVs/EVs of the giveaway, so I assumed I shouldn't post there because I don't know those stats yet (unless event Pokémon have fixed attributes). I'll post a thread on there later if that's the correct thing to do.
If it's just the one code, you could also post on the WiFi SQ/Request thread

Ehhh, just when you thought North America was going to miss out on the Genesect/Volcanion/Marshadow event, they finally announced it!

They're splitting up Marshadow from the other two, for some reason---Genesect and Volcanion will be available at Gamestop, while Marshadow will be available at Target. RIP if you were missing Marshadow and were hoping to get it in time to use in series 13 for more than 24 hours.

Try to get the code cards first day -- shiny eternatus ran out pretty quick at Gamestop. These might not go as quickly as a shiny big legendary, but you never know.

While splitting up Marshadow is odd, it suits me just fine. I have a ton of Genesect from Pokemon GO (except the shiny :psycry:), and I got the Japanese version of this event a year or two ago, so I don't care to get another Volcanion, but I am always happy to acquire more Marshadow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)