Event Discussion

Well... I think we can agree that Registeel and Regice's Hidden Abilities are just outright useless; like there isn't even an argument there - they're just horrendous. Regirock's at least has it's uses; there's a legitimate argument there.

"A new event distribution has been announced for Japan. In Japan, to help people who were affected by the Sendai earthquakes of five years ago, a Pokémon with You campaign is running where donations are given to aid people who were affected by it. If you donate some money at the Pokémon With You campaign between March 11th and 31st, you will be given a Serial Code to get a special Pikachu which knows the move Bestow, a move it can't normally know. The serial code can be redeemed from March 11th through to April 21st
Pikachu holds a Sweet Heart and has the moves Bestow, Hold Hands, Return & Play Nice."

Okay, that's just... wonderful.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"A new event distribution has been announced for Japan. In Japan, to help people who were affected by the Sendai earthquakes of five years ago, a Pokémon with You campaign is running where donations are given to aid people who were affected by it. If you donate some money at the Pokémon With You campaign between March 11th and 31st, you will be given a Serial Code to get a special Pikachu which knows the move Bestow, a move it can't normally know. The serial code can be redeemed from March 11th through to April 21st
Pikachu holds a Sweet Heart and has the moves Bestow, Hold Hands, Return & Play Nice."

Okay, that's just... wonderful.
It's a sweet thing to do. Obviously that Pikachu is more meant to be a novelty than meant to be used in battle so we can't really judge it on that. Though don't know why they specifically pointed out Bestow and not also Hold Hands.

It's a sweet thing to do. Obviously that Pikachu is more meant to be a novelty than meant to be used in battle so we can't really judge it on that. Though don't know why they specifically pointed out Bestow and not also Hold Hands.
There have been a few Pikachu events with Hold Hands before, I think - plus, uh, Bestow actually does something.
Though I must note that they only found out the full moveset later.

I wonder if we get some of the actually good events from japan...like shiny X & Y legendaries, Shiny Diance, fixed Nature Legendaries (which are easier to softreset) or Shiny Jirachi...or at least give us in Europe, Australia or Amerika something equally good like shiny Celebi.

I wonder if we get some of the actually good events from japan...like shiny X & Y legendaries, Shiny Diance, fixed Nature Legendaries (which are easier to softreset) or Shiny Jirachi...or at least give us in Europe, Australia or Amerika something equally good like shiny Celebi.
PokeBeach thinks we MAY get the shiny X&Y legendaries. In the TCG, the next set of tins with promo cards in it is the Shiny Kalos Legends tins. So, we may see something for it in the near future...

inb4 "DAE THINK GEN 7 IS SPAIN"

which is actually kind of reasonable, but that's not the point

Is Static Zapdos preferred over Pressure? PP stalling versus punishing physical hits. Eh.

*A series of new events are announced*
Oh, none are for North America.

Anyway if these ever come here I'd love to reset Volcanion & HA birds.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Well... I think we can agree that Registeel and Regice's Hidden Abilities are just outright useless; like there isn't even an argument there - they're just horrendous. Regirock's at least has it's uses; there's a legitimate argument there.
Registeel can use Light Metal to take slightly less damage from Low Kick (200 BP as opposed to 240 without it), but the damage reduction is a bit to marginal to be that noticeable, although Imo Clear Body is even worse, because apart from Sticky Web, which isn't even used much at all above PU, there isn't going to be really any status dropping move that will be a problem for a defensive mon.
Although I completely agree Ice Body is absolutely useless on Regice.

Registeel can use Light Metal to take slightly less damage from Low Kick (200 BP as opposed to 240 without it), but the damage reduction is a bit to marginal to be that noticeable, although Imo Clear Body is even worse, because apart from Sticky Web, which isn't even used much at all above PU, there isn't going to be really any status dropping move that will be a problem for a defensive mon.
Although I completely agree Ice Body is absolutely useless on Regice.
But... Registeel is RU and viable in UU. Where does PU come into it?

So in my quest for a perfect Celebi I've been checking every one with either a 31, 30, or 0 HP IV. I check the zeros in hope of getting a truly dreadful Pokémon (I can reset it 4 times) and I came across this beauty:

Celebi-Bashful- 31/31/0/1/0/31

Does anybody else do this?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So in my quest for a perfect Celebi I've been checking every one with either a 31, 30, or 0 HP IV. I check the zeros in hope of getting a truly dreadful Pokémon (I can reset it 4 times) and I came across this beauty:

Celebi-Bashful- 31/31/0/1/0/31

Does anybody else do this?
Well while I don't refresh until I get ones with perfect IVs, I do refresh to get ones that are decent following the guidelines of what a professional Celebi is set up as.

But yeah, that's not the greatest Celebi, at least it's fast and punches hard (though that perfect HP is kind of compromised by the IV-less defensive stats).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The UK is getting the HA Birds from March 22nd to April 11th. You can pick them up at Smyths Toy Stores.

I wonder if this is enough circumstantial evidence to stir the pot: http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/03/shiny-kalos-tins-product-images

The Pokemon TCG is getting tins of Shiny Xerneas, Shiny Yveltal, and Perfect (regular) Zygarde. I wonder, especially since the Zygarde is not shiny, if that means we MAY get the Shiny Yveltal duo and Zygarde in the near future... They could have just put the Zygarde in a set or its own special box but instead it's part of a trio of tins so that to me says they're related and it MAY be related to that event.

I hate these sorts of events... I have to now go and look up where my local Smyths is... Just keep them at the Game Stores jeez... Even worse is its RANDOM POKEMON. ONE CODE IS A RANDOM BIRD.
I think the recent diversion of some events to Smyths is a nod towards the complaints from the other side of the Irish sea. Smyths is an Irish company and Game shut down here several years ago. IMO small as we are I would much rather have an even split of "harder to find event stores, but everyone has access" than "event stores everywhere! Just not for you guys." That said, the random code is bullshit. Even a choice would work.

((Or GameStop could do the events but I guess Game got there first))

EDIT:
"Nintendo of Poland will be giving their codes on their official Facebook page to people in Poland."

Well, if HK Jirachi was any indication...
If anybody asks, I am from Poland. Witaj świecie!

Last edited:
Or, you know, they could give them out to both Smyths and Game.
Smyths is practically non-existant in Scotland. (This is the second time I've been let down by getting stuff from it since I couldn't get transformers from it qq)

Alternatively, and I hope everyone's in on this, they could do what people have been suggesting since wi-fi events have been a thing and just... distribute everything via wi-fi. I know not everyone has wi-fi, but #"stores that have wifi" > # "stores that are smyths/game". That'll be the day :/

I don't mind RL events, they can be fun? But it's like the exclusive DLC argument. Don't make it good or important, merely nice to have. Unreleased HA event legends are definitely the former.

At the very least, at least make it relevant and have merch for the guys in the question. Something like Gamestop's Mew, Dragonite, and Shiny Gengar codes. they at least had stuff for sale there featuring those Pokemon.

Actually Smyths's Rayquauza event had a bunch of tie-in stuff on sale along with the brochure for the event. It was mostly tcg but it was pretty cool and got me to buy a pack.

Stupid lousy pack ratios, only got a dumb ass bunch of keys as my rare...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)